Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Clannad and After Story blu ray collections are on Amazon for about $45 each. Are these particularly low prices? Searching eBay seems to show both at $60-80...
I have only seen them cheaper from DVDplanet or used from like GoHastings or SS. They are worth it though.

I guess my question is whether those are normal prices for the blu rays on Amazon or if this is something I should snatch up quickly. Other sites online seem to have higher prices, but Frys.com (a local chain) has both at pretty similar prices. I don't want to grab these if there's no particular rush.

I guess my question is whether those are normal prices for the blu rays on Amazon or if this is something I should snatch up quickly. Other sites online seem to have higher prices, but Frys.com (a local chain) has both at pretty similar prices. I don't want to grab these if there's no particular rush.
They have been hovering around this price for awhile so no rush.

Hi guys, quick queston.

Anyone that ordered Love Live! have their order ship?

Mine is still showing Pending Fulfillment. I called to make sure the payment was in order (paid via Paypal) and to merge my accounts.

They said it was all in order but I'm just worried because people had have issues with Paypal in the past. From now on I'll use my card.

Hi guys, quick queston.

Anyone that ordered Love Live! have their order ship?

Mine is still showing Pending Fulfillment. I called to make sure the payment was in order (paid via Paypal) and to merge my accounts.

They said it was all in order but I'm just worried because people had have issues with Paypal in the past. From now on I'll use my card.
I got an email this morning saying that my order has been fulfilled and will ship out soon.

I got an email this morning saying that my order has been fulfilled and will ship out soon.
Well this sucks. Now I'm worried I won't get the bonus stuff. I had to call and it was a good thing I did because the paypal payment was frozen. Well here is hoping I get that conformation email tomorrow then.

Thank you Pika.

Couple of kenshin complete listings ending tomorrow. Gonna try my hand at getting it for 40 bucks the set that someone posted on her not too long ago. That would round at my anime buying for a little while then i'll get steins gate complete to round out the month. 

Not sure if this counts as a "deal," but 5 Centimeters per Second blu ray (Global Edition) is 5200 yen ($52) on Amazon Japan, plus international shipping. The same bluray goes for $90-100 on Amazon in the US or eBay. You can sign up for an account and use your American card to pay internationally, and they ship internationally as well.

I managed to get a copy for 5200 yen ($52), plus $10 international shipping, for $62 total. The best part is it's scheduled to be delivered by the weekend! It's still pricey for a single movie, but it's one of my favorite animated movies and I've always been watching for this to drop below $100.

Link:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B005HZZG9I/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

EDIT: It's listed as 5700 yen on the main page, but if you go through checkout, it'll show up as 5200 yen ($52) for some reason (before shipping). That's the price I paid.

Says set 2, that's what's been holding me up from getting it. Is this just a incorrect title?
I checked both links and I don't see anything mentioning "set 2" anywhere. The Steins;gate has the correct packaging for the new Anime Classics version and Towano Quan was a big OVA series which is just in one set anyway (and $10 is a steal for it).

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:8460]
Picked this up for $2.50. Region 2 DVD of "Di Gi Charat - A Trip to the Planet" - Picked it up at classic game store in Reisterstown, MD. Found out when I got home that my Blu ray player will play Region 2 DVDs, so bonus for me. Still haven't watched it yet.

Atleast NISA has many bonuses with buying from them. You get the poster, the Weiss card, and the code for the UR Honoka Card for Love Live School Idol Festival (Which is worth it for me because it's better than spending $30 for a 1% chance of getting a UR card). TRSI didn't seem to have the Weiss card listed...
I received my set from RightStuf yesterday and it included the Weiss card and Honoka card code in the case, so it looks like all the premium sets include those.

I checked both links and I don't see anything mentioning "set 2" anywhere. The Steins;gate has the correct packaging for the new Anime Classics version and Towano Quan was a big OVA series which is just in one set anyway (and $10 is a steal for it).
Yes I'm dumb lol, misread the 2disk part as collection 2

Viz Media announced on Tuesday that the first four episodes of its Sailor Moon English dub will premiere on Hulu and Neon Alley on Friday at 11:00 p.m. EST. Dubbed episodes 5-23 will begin streaming on Sunday at 3:00 a.m. EST. Pretty excited

Rurouni Kenshin Complete-40 dollars shipped. Finally my search is over. Well worth it. Brand new too! Although if it does end up being crap like the video someone posted with the broken holders I'll seek a partial refund since the dude doesn't have a replacement. Again partial or replacement. Hopefully it doesn't come down to it. Seems like this set had lots of issues with the case

this is the cover. its the 3 season box set. the only one that exists and sells for cheap or at least by my standards since the art box set is over 300 dollars 

Just because it looks like that doesn't mean it still can't be a bootleg.
i haven't paid so what do i do? all this talk of bootleg makes me scared

edit: i've only been ripped once on trigun and got my money back and seller lost license since it was his second offense from what i inquired

i haven't paid so what do i do? all this talk of bootleg makes me scared

edit: i've only been ripped once on trigun and got my money back and seller lost license since it was his second offense from what i inquired
simple thing to do would first be look at the listing and see if it listed as region 1 or region 0 (if it's zero congrats you have a bootleg coming and you should contact the seller to see if you can stop it) if it's region 1 and they send you a region 0 product then you have grounds to file a complaint with ebay. I would first contact the seller and explain to them what they had sold you is an illegal to sell in the US bootleg and that you want a refund and will dispose of the product, and if they have an issue with that you will happily file a claim with both ebay as well as the FBI and the company the bootleg is from even if it means there is a chance you will go down with them for unwillingly buying illegal goods.

That might just be me though as that is the route I took when someone sold me obvious copies (I mean for crying out loud why would you use super cheap dvds with purple backs and print off the labels based off a low res image you found online @_@) the seller happily refunded me the money and told me to keep them as long as I didn't leave negative feedback (I didn't care enough to deal with it anymore so I did that)

note: if you don't feel like putting a scare into the scummy seller, I would just request a refund under the grounds of a false ebay page and report them to ebay :p

simple thing to do would first be look at the listing and see if it listed as region 1 or region 0 (if it's zero congrats you have a bootleg coming and you should contact the seller to see if you can stop it) if it's region 1 and they send you a region 0 product then you have grounds to file a complaint with ebay. I would first contact the seller and explain to them what they had sold you is an illegal to sell in the US bootleg and that you want a refund and will dispose of the product, and if they have an issue with that you will happily file a claim with both ebay as well as the FBI and the company the bootleg is from even if it means there is a chance you will go down with them for unwillingly buying illegal goods.

That might just be me though as that is the route I took when someone sold me obvious copies (I mean for crying out loud why would you use super cheap dvds with purple backs and print off the labels based off a low res image you found online @_@) the seller happily refunded me the money and told me to keep them as long as I didn't leave negative feedback (I didn't care enough to deal with it anymore so I did that)

note: if you don't feel like putting a scare into the scummy seller, I would just request a refund under the grounds of a false ebay page and report them to ebay :p
Great advice. It's listed as New and it's the 22 disc so it's being listed as a completely authentic release. If it is an elaborate bootleg like the Breaking Bad dvd I got then I'll just ask for a refund. Chances are they won't want the product back. Regardless I don't myself coming out of here without some sort of issue. Almost everyone who has bought this set has talked of the holders popping out and the back covers being warped and the tabs broken.

I went ahead and requested pictures as a precaution before I go through this whole ordeal. Guy lives in NY and has 98 percent feedback rating. He's sold some complete sets and apparently they've checked out okay and only got one bad review on the basis that the dvds were damaged in transit (completely understandable when you buy a 7 season box set and use media mail)

I'm going to go ahead and take a chance seeing as this thing is super hard to come by in the first place so maybe I'll hit a jackpot like someone in this forum a few weeks ago. If not well then buyer beware.

Oh sweet Buddha my order for Love Live! has finally shipped.
happytears.gif

since frys was brought up;all their stuff on sale months ago is still at that same price.

Blu-ray's

Broken Blade: The Complete Series ($29.99)

Canaan: Complete Collection ($14.99)

Cuticle Detective Inaba Complete Collection ($17.99)

Fate/stay Night Unlimited Blade Works ($11.99)

Godzilla vs Hedorah ($9.99)

Godzilla vs Gigan ($9.99)

Godzilla vs the Sea Monster ($10.99)

Grave of the Fireflies ($12.99)

Hakuoki Season 3 ($28.99)

Heaven's Memo Pad ($18.99)

Hiiro no Kakera Season 2 ($20.99)

Intrigue in the Bakumatsu: Collection 1 ($17.99)

K-On! Season 2 Collection 1 ($17.99)

K-On! Season 2 Collection 2 ($17.99)

Lady Death ($8.99)

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Complete Collection ($17.99)

Patlabor The Mobile Police TV Series Collection 3 ($28.99)

Penguindrum Collection 1 ($14.99)

Persona 4: The Animation Collection 1 ($29.99)

Time Bokan Revival ($8.99)

Tears to Tiara Complete Collection ($25.99)

Un-Go Complete Collection ($20.99)

Xam'd Lost Memories Complete Collection ($21.99)

DVD's

Akikan Complete Collection ($12.99)

Book of Bantorra: Collection 2 ($17.99)

Blue Drop Complete Collection ($12.99) This is the re-release with the dub

Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth Complete Collection ($21.99)

Gintama: Collection 1 ($14.99) (in store only)

Gintama: Collection 3 ($7.99)

Gintama: Collection 4 ($5.99)

Glass Maiden Complete Collection ($8.99)

Hell Girl: Two Mirrors Complete Collection ($19.99)

Hell Girl: Three Vessels Complete Collection ($11.99)

Idolm@ster Xenoglossia Collection 1 ($11.99)

Idolm@ster Xenoglossia Collection 2 ($12.99)

La Corda D'Oro Primo Passo Complete Collection ($20.99)

Le Portrait de Petite Cossette: Complete Collection ($7.99)

Letter Bee Collection 1 ($12.99)

Living for the Day After Tomorrow: Complete Collection ($11.99)

Kino's Journey ($16.99)

Kobato Complete Collection ($29.99)

Kurenai Complete Collection ($12.99)

Mahoromatic: Collection 1 ($6.99)

Mahoromatic: Collection 2 ($6.99)

Mahoromatic: OVA ($5.99)

Modern Magic Made Simple Complete Collection ($21.99)

Neo Angelique Abyss: Season 1 ($6.99)

Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat: Complete Collection ($9.99)

Parasite Dolls ($5.99)

Petite Princess Yucie: Complete Collection ($20.59)

Polyphonica: Complete Collection ($11.99)

Polyphonica: Crimson S Complete Collection ($14.99) 

Popotan: Complete Collection ($11.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 1 ($14.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 2 ($14.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 3 ($14.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 4 ($14.99)

Ray: Complete Collection ($8.99)

Shigofumi: Complete Collection ($7.99)

Sister Princess: Complete Collection ($15.99)

Someday Dreams II Sora Complete Collection ($11.99)

Taisho Baseball Girls Complete Collection ($9.99)

Tayutama: Kiss on My Deity ($15.99)

Tytania: Collection 1 ($9.99)

Tytania: Collection 2 ($9.99)

You're Under Arrest: Fast & Furious Complete Collection ($12.99)

You're Under Arrest: Full Throlle Complete Collection ($14.99)

Yozakura Quartet: Complete Collection ($17.99)

Yumeria: Complete Collection ($16.99)

Discotek is re-releasing Ronin Warriors/Yoroiden Samurai Troopers. Excellent news, as I missed out on the Bandai set years ago and have been kicking myself over it ever since. I can't believe that the set was once going on eBay for about $200-300. There isn't a dub track, but it's not like I watch any anime in English anymore.

Discotek is re-releasing Ronin Warriors/Yoroiden Samurai Troopers. Excellent news, as I missed out on the Bandai set years ago and have been kicking myself over it ever since. I can't believe that the set was once going on eBay for about $200-300. There isn't a dub track, but it's not like I watch any anime in English anymore.
If only all Bandai sets can be rereleased especially all the gundam sets and just about everything in between smh

Hmm so seller shipped item I assume today. Mind you I have yet to pay on the basis that I want to know if it's a bootleg or not prior to opening a case with eBay and starting a debacle in the event that I do get a bootleg. Anywho I think I'm just going to give it a chance. Perhaps it is a extravagant bootleg like some of the breaking bad single season sets. More so this dude has another listing for the same item. Seller rating checks out still worried. oh well live and learn

since frys was brought up;all their stuff on sale months ago is still at that same price.

Blu-ray's

Broken Blade: The Complete Series ($29.99)

Canaan: Complete Collection ($14.99)

Cuticle Detective Inaba Complete Collection ($17.99)

Fate/stay Night Unlimited Blade Works ($11.99)

Godzilla vs Hedorah ($9.99)

Godzilla vs Gigan ($9.99)

Godzilla vs the Sea Monster ($10.99)

Grave of the Fireflies ($12.99)

Hakuoki Season 3 ($28.99)

Heaven's Memo Pad ($18.99)

Hiiro no Kakera Season 2 ($20.99)

Intrigue in the Bakumatsu: Collection 1 ($17.99)

K-On! Season 2 Collection 1 ($17.99)

K-On! Season 2 Collection 2 ($17.99)

Lady Death ($8.99)

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Complete Collection ($17.99)

Patlabor The Mobile Police TV Series Collection 3 ($28.99)

Penguindrum Collection 1 ($14.99)

Persona 4: The Animation Collection 1 ($29.99)

Time Bokan Revival ($8.99)

Tears to Tiara Complete Collection ($25.99)

Un-Go Complete Collection ($20.99)

Xam'd Lost Memories Complete Collection ($21.99)

DVD's

Akikan Complete Collection ($12.99)

Book of Bantorra: Collection 2 ($17.99)

Blue Drop Complete Collection ($12.99) This is the re-release with the dub

Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth Complete Collection ($21.99)

Gintama: Collection 1 ($14.99) (in store only)

Gintama: Collection 3 ($7.99)

Gintama: Collection 4 ($5.99)

Glass Maiden Complete Collection ($8.99)

Hell Girl: Two Mirrors Complete Collection ($19.99)

Hell Girl: Three Vessels Complete Collection ($11.99)

Idolm@ster Xenoglossia Collection 1 ($11.99)

Idolm@ster Xenoglossia Collection 2 ($12.99)

La Corda D'Oro Primo Passo Complete Collection ($20.99)

Le Portrait de Petite Cossette: Complete Collection ($7.99)

Letter Bee Collection 1 ($12.99)

Living for the Day After Tomorrow: Complete Collection ($11.99)

Kino's Journey ($16.99)

Kobato Complete Collection ($29.99)

Kurenai Complete Collection ($12.99)

Mahoromatic: Collection 1 ($6.99)

Mahoromatic: Collection 2 ($6.99)

Mahoromatic: OVA ($5.99)

Modern Magic Made Simple Complete Collection ($21.99)

Neo Angelique Abyss: Season 1 ($6.99)

Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat: Complete Collection ($9.99)

Parasite Dolls ($5.99)

Petite Princess Yucie: Complete Collection ($20.59)

Polyphonica: Complete Collection ($11.99)

Polyphonica: Crimson S Complete Collection ($14.99)

Popotan: Complete Collection ($11.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 1 ($14.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 2 ($14.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 3 ($14.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 4 ($14.99)

Ray: Complete Collection ($8.99)

Shigofumi: Complete Collection ($7.99)

Sister Princess: Complete Collection ($15.99)

Someday Dreams II Sora Complete Collection ($11.99)

Taisho Baseball Girls Complete Collection ($9.99)

Tayutama: Kiss on My Deity ($15.99)

Tytania: Collection 1 ($9.99)

Tytania: Collection 2 ($9.99)

You're Under Arrest: Fast & Furious Complete Collection ($12.99)

You're Under Arrest: Full Throlle Complete Collection ($14.99)

Yozakura Quartet: Complete Collection ($17.99)

Yumeria: Complete Collection ($16.99)
That's actually just their regular price for those titles.

The sales at Fry's are actually the B1G150% off, which is why it's an even better deal during those sales.

I'd still prefer my bandai set, the dub brings back memories of old school Toonami.

They're also releasing Bokurano: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-05/discotek-adds-samurai-troopers-bokurano-comic-party-3rd-lupin-iii-tv-special/.78423

Is the Bokurano anime different from the manga? By the time I read through Vol. 4, I was put off by the children's backgrounds, so I stopped reading.

That's actually just their regular price for those titles.

The sales at Fry's are actually the B1G150% off, which is why it's an even better deal during those sales.
How often dies frys do sales? because those prices on hellgirl look pretty good but if they are reg price id wait >.>

They plan to release the one with dub,but the rights for that are a bit tricky apparently.

Ah I see, they did do the first release on duel sided disks for the dub and sub. I wonder how they will price em, I got mine fairly cheap but
I feel people not wanting to spend 300$. I just need a cheaper paranoia agent with a nice box lol.

How often dies frys do sales? because those prices on hellgirl look pretty good but if they are reg price id wait >.>
Usually twice a year (i think they have done 3 before though), one just passed not to long ago.

It used to only be during 4th of July, and around Black Friday times, but now it seems to be every few months, so it's getting more and more prevalent to see those sales.

bread's done
Back