Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, collecting Gundam can be a frustrating quest. Since Bandai tanked, all of their series are up in the air as far as western releases go, so the original releases have jumped to crazy heights in the after-market. I snatched up copies of MSG and Zeta as soon as I heard about what was happening. I still haven't bothered to pick up Seed, Destiny, or Wing yet. Just never got around to it.

To add to the frustration, there are a few Gundam series that have NEVER had western releases. By and large those unreleased seasons and series are some of the weaker entries. But for fans of Gundam it is galling all the same.

Agreed. Collecting Gundam is a pain in the arse. I had majority of Wing before I realized no one was selling the second half of the single volumes. So I went on a goose hunt for it and ended up buying the art box collection and selling off half of the original to compensate. 

Most of the older series are super hard to find and quite expensive. You'll also come across series you want to watch but trouble in finding the second half like 00. Or series hard to find altogether like Zeta. 

Some series haven't seen the light of day. Someone needs to pick up Bandai and rerelease this shizz 

Considering Bandai only wants to license the franchise as a whole I really only see someone like AoA picking it up. The cost for it is going to be ridiculous; along with Wing being really the only series that really caught on here makes the license way too much of risk for a company like Funi or Sentai to pick up.

Considering Bandai only wants to license the franchise as a whole I really only see someone like AoA picking it up. The cost for it is going to be ridiculous; along with Wing being really the only series that really caught on here makes the license way too much of risk for a company like Funi or Sentai to pick up.
Interest over the years has grown more ever since it was canned. We can't have people buying bootlegs anymore lol

Note to anyone buying from half.com send an email to the seller first before buying. Damn near bought some more gundam before seller emailed me saying that he doesn't have them and the half.com listing is incorrect and he doesn't have it anymore. 

Huh? The OYW sidestories, Char's Counterattack, G, SEED, and 00 were all very successful.

Found an X limited box set with all the individual volumes and their slips in like new condition for $14.99. I've never seen the series, but I recall liking the movie.

Found an X limited box set with all the individual volumes and their slips in like new condition for $14.99. I've never seen the series, but I recall liking the movie.
looking at one on ebay for around the same price. no bids so far. idk if i'll pick it up. i may just because why the f not. some people said it was mediocre on here. idk at this point.

looking at one on ebay for around the same price. no bids so far. idk if i'll pick it up. i may just because why the f not. some people said it was mediocre on here. idk at this point.
I purchased the slipcase editions at full price back in the day. It was worth it but in the end of wanting space I would recommend the thinner pack that can be had cheap ex http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=fun06797

It is a good series but I feel like the story could have been told in a shorter time span. The series has a bad element of recapping the whole plot several million times. Take it as it is, enjoy the clamp visuals.

I purchased the slipcase editions at full price back in the day. It was worth it but in the end of wanting space I would recommend the thinner pack that can be had cheap ex http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=fun06797

It is a good series but I feel like the story could have been told in a shorter time span. The series has a bad element of recapping the whole plot several million times. Take it as it is, enjoy the clamp visuals.
appreciate the tip about saving space but if you've read my previous posts you'd know that i am a sucker for art boxes and this one comes with the art box in addition to the various splicases and guidebooks.

in the event that i decide that i really want this in the next two days it'll go next to my bebop, trigun, gundam wing, full metal panic, peacemaker and eureka seven boxes. not to mention my game of thrones dvd box sets.

What? Lol the dub for the movies is so bad. "GUN DAMN!"
That's only in the first film, they get it right in the following two movies. And, aside from the mispronunciation, the rest of the dub is very well done. Without question, better than the lifeless dub they did for the original TV series.

In the past 72 hours and week I've ordered so much anime.

Mobile Suit Gundam The Movie I

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Volumes 1-6

Samurai 7

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team Volume 1 

Akira 25th Anniversary Edition 

^^^^ I should probably stop but then again when you're a CAG it never does

In the past 72 hours and week I've ordered so much anime.

Mobile Suit Gundam The Movie I
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Volumes 1-6
Samurai 7
Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team Volume 1
Akira 25th Anniversary Edition

^^^^ I should probably stop but then again when you're a CAG it never does
I feel you bro, my mouth is watering waiting for my nisa stuff to ship.

Finally get around to watching my AoT blu rays and I find out they used the same subs as netflix...very disappointing. Saying "I'll drive them out" doesn't ring as intense as "I'll slaughter/kill them all" (second episode). The dub isn't bad though, still prefer the sub for this particular one. 

Finally get around to watching my AoT blu rays and I find out they used the same subs as netflix...very disappointing. Saying "I'll drive them out" doesn't ring as intense as "I'll slaughter/kill them all" (second episode). The dub isn't bad though, still prefer the sub for this particular one.
are the special features good?

and the copy of samurai 7 was out of stock therefore it will ship when it becomes avialable. perhaps a blessing in disguise. will cancel it and use the money and buy a legit copy. 

The subs on AoT did not bug me but I wish they at least subbed the intermission screencaps that show off the world's history rather than separate it into the extras section. The set still looks nice in the giant chipboard box though~

The subs on AoT did not bug me but I wish they at least subbed the intermission screencaps that show off the world's history rather than separate it into the extras section. The set still looks nice in the giant chipboard box though~
Yeah the slipbox is pretty sweet. I was happy I was able to get in on it during the Funi sale at RS. Paid $53 for it.

my gohastings stuff came today... well most of it.

Most of it was fine... my tiger and bunny movie is either from a house that burned down but somehow didn't really get damaged or from someone who smokes like 40 packs a day @_@

Most of it was fine... my tiger and bunny movie is either from a house that burned down but somehow didn't really get damaged or from someone who smokes like 40 packs a day @_@
Same problem. Maybe the same person sold it to them lololol

Yeah I hate when that happens. I'm sorry I don't smoke but I hate people that smoke in their house. Gets all over everything and ruins it and once it is in you can not get it out. All in the drywall...so gross...

There was a bunch of really nice NISA PS3 games at GS. I was interested in getting them but then I opened one to look at the artbook. Bam....smelled like ashtray. Nasty...

comedy with 4 girls in high school. a little hints of yuri but nothing over the top from what i remember.
That sadly describes like half of the anime that has come out in the last few years ><; (well likely closer to a third in reality and that is assuming you ignore 5 minute shorts and movies... but still)

To anyone still buying Aniplex titles on DVD:

Aniplex of America announced that they will discontinue eight titles on October 31, 2014. The company will cease selling the following:

• Blue Exorcist DVD Volume 1
  • Blue Exorcist DVD Volume 2
  • Blue Exorcist DVD Volume 4
  • Durarara!! DVD Volume 2
  • Durarara!! DVD Volume 3
  • Gurren Lagann The Movie -Childhood's End- DVD
  • Gurren Lagann The Movie -Childhood's End- DVD (Limited Edition)
  • Gurren Lagann The Movie -The Lights in the Sky Are Stars- DVD (Limited Edition)
http://www.animeherald.com/pressrelease/aniplex-discontinue-blue-exorcist-durarara-gurren-lagann-movies-october-2014/

Got off the phone with hastings. Cancelled my order and will now buy it on amazon for a little more but with the guarantee of getting everything. Idk how they'll sell it and charge me for it yet somehow don't have it in stock. blessing in disguise i assume

EDIT: And the neverending cycle continues. Apparently I got the last copy and it just was never shipped until today or marked shipped. So no to the refund. here's hoping it has everything 

I get the gist that it was them finally selling out of those particular volumes... I remember I bought first volume of Durarara! when it hit then I sold a few months later for $10 less than what I paid for it, lol. (Can't remember if those hit for $50 or $40). That was before I knew of AoA and probably even this thread. 

Maybe in 5 years these releases will collect so much dust that it will be in Crunchyroll's mystery box things. 

I could definitely say that the Time of EVE movie was worth the money. The movie is great thought-provoking material and absolutely worth buying when they release the retail version. Haven't even gotten around to the extras yet (it has tons). A lot of love and care was really put into this whole set;definitely worth all the delays.

Does anyone know if the US is getting Code Geass Blu-Rays? I just got the 2nd season cheap and was wondering if I should keep my collection or off it?

Other than Funimation announcing their acquirement of the Code Geass License, there is no news of a Blu Ray Release. However, it is likely there will be a Blu Ray Release in the future once things go underway, with 2015 being a possible release date. 

I wonder what type of special edition we'll get for Code Geass. I wouldn't mind paying top dollar if it came with an artbox, a statue, some special features, patches, posters, etc. 

Anyone seen Birdy the Mighty: Decode? How is it and which version of the series should I get

This one: https://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=fun06723

Or the S.A.V.E: https://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=fun06724
Birdy the mighty decode was a surprisingly enjoyable body switching/ gender bender anime. It's not the greatest show, but I enjoyed it and could easily rewatch it again. As for which one to get it really depends how much you care about the packaging. I don't belive the SAVE versions in general are much different aside from the cheaper packaging thus I personally would just go with the cheaper version (and on top of that I would just wait until it's half off on rightstuff or amazon but I am cheap :p)

bread's done
Back