Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
First promo trailer is up for Cowboy Bebop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI08P5SaJNU&feature=youtu.be

You can get evangelion w/ slip on half or amazon for a few bucks more. Alls you gotta do is just email the seller and ask if they have it and more than likely they will. That's how i got mine since it was oop.
Thanks for the tip, but I think I'll pass.

I'm not too keen on getting movies for more than $5, so I was already pushing it with both movies coming out to $8 each. I tend to stick to a $1 for 30 minutes of content rule for Blu/DVD, otherwise I would go bankrupt from buying up so much stuff.

Almost forgot, Steins;Gate came in today from Amazon. Came in a bubble mailer along with the other Blu I got. Slip cover had some creases, most notably on the top-front edge and the bottom-side corners. Not a big problem for me as I'm not that worried about the quality of slips. If it was an actual box though, I might complain.

I havent seen the show but is Ghost In The Shell:Stand Alone Complex a good deal at $22? And is it worth blindly buying it?

The movie is in a separate universe from SAC.

SAC is an awesome series. Season 1 is great and one of the finest shows of the 2000's. Then 2nd GIG came out and blew it out of the water.

If you have seen Eden of the East, it is from the same guy.

EDIT: GoHastings is having another 2-day sale. 30% Off Used Blu-ray and 40% Off Used DVD and Manga with the code CHILDSPLAY.

Had GoHastings cancel my Upotte Complete Collection order on Amazon before they put up the code on their official website. Needless to say I'm not happy, I ordered it for $24.66 total, guess it was too cheap for them to sell.

Edit: Just seen that they still have an eBay listing up, going to try and buy that one instead.

Had GoHastings cancel my Upotte Complete Collection order on Amazon before they put up the code on their official website. Needless to say I'm not happy, I ordered it for $24.66 total, guess it was too cheap for them to sell.

Edit: Just seen that they still have an eBay listing up, going to try and buy that one instead.
Was it on blu ray? If so then I think I got it. I've been waiting for that one and it popped up on my wish list. As soon as I saw it I ordered it. I'm pretty sure the Amazon site didn't update that till after mine had shipped.

I ordered it on Oct. 04, 2014.

Well, the listings on the Hastings site disappeared when I bought it yesterday along with my Battle Girls purchase from Amazon. I got a cancelation notice today from Hastings for Upotte but they still had an eBay listing for it which is strange so I just bought that one instead. Yes, it was Bluray.

Any good finds on hastings?

Edit: Nevermind. Was able to pick up Eden of the East complete for 10 bucks shipped. 

Well, the listings on the Hastings site disappeared when I bought it yesterday along with my Battle Girls purchase from Amazon. I got a cancelation notice today from Hastings for Upotte but they still had an eBay listing for it which is strange so I just bought that one instead. Yes, it was Bluray.
Their listing inventory for all the places they sell aren't connected like SS/WH has it set up, so when one sells on one site, it doesn't get updated until hours later. They have their algorithm set throughout the day to update stock, so if it's been purchased from a physical store, on their website, or on Amazon, none of them will change the stock of the other inventories until their designated times.

Their listing inventory for all the places they sell aren't connected like SS/WH has it set up, so when one sells on one site, it doesn't get updated until hours later. They have their algorithm set throughout the day to update stock, so if it's been purchased from a physical store, on their website, or on Amazon, none of them will change the stock of the other inventories until their designated times.
I'll keep that in mind in the near future. Thanks for that

Saw a bunch (aka 3) copies of Haganai next LE in my local best buy. It was $50... Kinda regret jumping the bullet from buying it at RACS for more...

I'm done for today I ended up getting dragon ball season 1 and 4 for 22 shipped and justice league unlimited season 1 and 2 for 16.50 shipped. Was also considering getting dance in the vampire bund for 20 but passed since I was unsure if it would come with the slip cover.

I'm done for today I ended up getting dragon ball season 1 and 4 for 22 shipped and justice league unlimited season 1 and 2 for 16.50 shipped. Was also considering getting dance in the vampire bund for 20 but passed since I was unsure if it would come with the slip cover.
did you pick up jl complete on amazon for 45 this past week?

I think we talked about this before but what's the situation with fate stay and all that series that everyone talks about. What to buy and what not to buy?

No I did not, why do you ask?
just because you picked up unlimited so i thought you probably did that to complete your collection with league being on sale this past week. i myself did not pick it up. JL and JLU were good but the real fun lies within BATS, SATS, and BB.

BACK TO ANIME

I think I'm finally about to place my Sentai order on RS. Order consists of:

Log Horizon Collection 1

Log Horizon Collection 2

Golden Time Collection 1

Chunibyo CE

They will probably release a "complete collection" version of Log Horizon in a little over a year, but I think I'm going to go ahead and pick it up since I've been holding off on watching it until I have the physical release. I would hold off on picking up Chunibyo, but seeing as it is a "numbered" CE it most likely won't be dropping that much in price.

Aniplex is releasing Valvrave Season 1 on Bluray in September. It's sub only and should cost $120 at Right Stuf (MSRP is $149.99)

Sentai Panel info

They license Chaika
High School of the Dead is getting a new box set in November. Includes the OVA and some other extras they haven't announced yet
Log Horizon will have Limited Edition set. Collection 1 coming out in November
Beyond The Boundary also getting a LE
They also licensed Noucome and Yuushibu.
For the Summer they license Rail Wars, Akame Ga Kill, Shirogane no Ishi Agevollen, Gasslip, Invaders of the Rokujyoma, Ao Haru Ride and Sabagebu!
Saw this posted back in July. Is Log Horizon still getting a limited edition?

Just bought Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket Boxed for 30 bucks used on half.com. Listing went up and straight into my pocket. Holy shit holy shit. Can't believe I scored it for this cheap. 

I woke up and saw that the Naruto manga is finally ending after its 2 year climax. I knew this time would eventually happen but to see one of the "big 3" (as it was called in the mid-2000's by some) wrapping up ...  is kind of relieving. To note, I read a few chapters in this "climax" and I felt than it was ridiculously long, so hopefully it will seem shorter in anime form. I haven't watched the anime in probably 2-3 years so who knows, it probably has already begun, lol. 

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-06/naruto-manga-to-end-in-5-weeks/.79600

I can't wait until I'm like 40 and they air a Naruto Kai. 

I for one never cared for that manga or show but I'm sure there will be a bunch of people that are bummed out about it.

528187_530180540354597_2048953037_n.jpg

I woke up and saw that the Naruto manga is finally ending after its 2 year climax. I knew this time would eventually happen but to see one of the "big 3" (as it was called in the mid-2000's by some) wrapping up ... is kind of relieving. To note, I read a few chapters in this "climax" and I felt than it was ridiculously long, so hopefully it will seem shorter in anime form. I haven't watched the anime in probably 2-3 years so who knows, it probably has already begun, lol.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-06/naruto-manga-to-end-in-5-weeks/.79600

I can't wait until I'm like 40 and they air a Naruto Kai.
I highly doubt it will feel shorter in anime form when they will at least double the length of the arc by drawing out scenes to make it last as long as possible :p

I highly doubt it will feel shorter in anime form when they will at least double the length of the arc by drawing out scenes to make it last as long as possible :p
I really can't stand that shit when it comes to manga adaptations(Gantz was a great example of that).

Just curious, how many of you ordered Log Horizon?

It will be released after everyone has bought both standard edition parts. :p
Am waiting til a deepdiscount sale for that.

Anyone preorder Steins;Gate the complete series bluray from rightstuf get their copy yet or have it ship. Mine still says on order form manufacturer

Anyone preorder Steins;Gate the complete series bluray from rightstuf get their copy yet or have it ship. Mine still says on order form manufacturer
I bought the parts when they were released but Right Stuf does have a live chat option now... they are usually pretty chill (unlike someone we know) so they will probably tell you what's up. It sounds like they might of sold out of their first batch so they are ordering more.

I bought the parts when they were released but Right Stuf does have a live chat option now... they are usually pretty chill (unlike someone we know) so they will probably tell you what's up. It sounds like they might of sold out of their first batch so they are ordering more.
Alright thanks for the reply

Just sold my Mobile Suit Gundam 1 and 2 collection for 157.That show was good,but it was quite slog to get through( even harder to watch again after reading the Origin manga). Why Sunrise isn't adapting the whole thing of that yet is beyond me.

Deepdiscount.com is having a 15% off everything with October as promo code. I have megaman complete series and DBZ battle of the gods for 49.xx should I pull the trigger?

Deepdiscount.com is having a 15% off everything with October as promo code. I have megaman complete series and DBZ battle of the gods for 49.xx should I pull the trigger?
You'll save more when they have an anime sale(they usually have a coupon to go along with the sale).

bread's done
Back