Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
kai is great. problem is i don't like the replaced voice actors.
That's why I originally wasn't interested in Kai. The original is the best don't get me wrong but you can never have too much dbz I always say, plus the new voices and dialog aren't bad, just a little unsettling at first because of how many times I watched the original series.

That's why I originally wasn't interested in Kai. The original is the best don't get me wrong but you can never have too much dbz I always say, plus the new voices and dialog aren't bad, just a little unsettling at first because of how many times I watched the original series.
i'll stick with the og series. although i prefer neither. dragonball is where its at. actual story. character development. good arcs. great villains. no one is super op. better yet it focuses on what the series was originally about martial arts.

still need to get the dbz blus at some point this holiday along with fma brotherhood part 2, the naruto movies and many more. may take a break to finish off my collections that i've deemed pending

Those are bootlegs obviously, there is an amazon exclusive box set coming out. I don't see why they are selling for so much, lol

i'll stick with the og series. although i prefer neither. dragonball is where its at. actual story. character development. good arcs. great villains. no one is super op. better yet it focuses on what the series was originally about martial arts.

still need to get the dbz blus at some point this holiday along with fma brotherhood part 2, the naruto movies and many more. may take a break to finish off my collections that i've deemed pending
Dragon ball is a better story by far but I like dbz more for the nostalgia, plus I thought DBZ was a bit more intense of an action anime in part that they didn't take the time to explain all the martial arts in great detail. And Gt was great because.........

I think my wallet is hurting...only now does Hastings have their first free shipping coupon since January of last year...and only now does Funimation have a good sale.  Does anyone know how long that sale will last?  If it lasts a very long while I'll probably bite anyway to directly support them.

I think I'm going need to make the Christmas list a little bit bigger.  @.@

I'm not staying under $500 between anime, movies, gifts for others, and PSN/Steam cards in the next 30 days.

EDIT:  Let us not forget some visual novels from TRSI to go with it.  @.@

Holy crap. Thanks for the head's up, geicorules. I went ahead and purchased the three FMA: Brotherhood sets I'm missing. It's been YEARS since Amazon had the first two sets for $20, and I've been holding out for a good price to complete the series for the longest time. I'm glad I waited and never gave in to buying the complete collection sets. I wanted the "part" sets because the artwork used was from the Japanese release and also contained cards showcasing the remaining cover art. I'm a bit mad that my price was mere CENTS shy of getting free shipping, but considering that these sets have been hovering around $30-35 on Amazon and TRSI, paying about $18.50 for each doesn't seem so bad.

I've never shopped from FUNi's store before. How's their packaging?

End up picked up few  :)

Strike Witches Season Two - Limited Edition :br: / :dvd: :  $69.98 $20.99

Strike Witches Season One :br: / :dvd:$54.98 $16.49

Freezing The Complete Series :br: / :dvd:$64.98 $19.49

Sekirei The Complete Series :br: / :dvd:$49.98 $14.99

Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Kings Season One :br: / :dvd:$44.98 $13.49

Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Kings Season Two - Limited Edition :br: / :dvd:$64.98 $19.49

Yamada's First Time: B Gata H Kei The Complete Series - Limited Edition :br: / :dvd:$69.98 $20.99

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom The Complete Series  :br: / :dvd: : $74.98 $22.49

Chaos;HEAd The Complete Series - Limited Edition  :br: / :dvd: : $69.98 $20.99

Also, Picked up Sekirei 2 The Complete Series  LE from Clover :)

Does anyone know how long that sale will last?
I stumbled upon it when looking for sekirei season 1 for a reasonable price. I think it's more of a 'section' more then a sale I am assuming these titles are OOP and still filling up funimations warehouse. So I would say all titles are just while supplies lasts but I could be wrong

Sekirei The Complete Series :br: / :dvd: : $49.98 $14.99
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom The Complete Series :br: / :dvd: : $74.98 $22.49

Also, Picked up Sekirei 2 The Complete Series LE from Clover :)
Phantom's S.A.V.E. sets are about $17 if you didn't care about the packaging. And the Sekirei 1+2 has been about $27, and I'd be surprised if it doesn't hit at least that price this year. That'd be cheaper than buying S1 and S2 separately.

The Eccentric Family Premium Fujin-Raijin Fan Set @ NISA

$99.99

eccentricfamily_bd_pe_bonus_fan2.jpg

The Eccentric Family Complete Premium Bonus Set (same as above just no fan)

$51.99

Bonus NISA item are the two key chains

http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/the-eccentric-family-premium-bonus-set

They are also selling some cats. :) They are hand made it looks like.

The Eccentric Family "Lucky Cat" Form Kinkaku and Ginkaku

http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/the-eccentric-family-lucky-cat-form-kinkaku-and-ginkaku

eccentricfamily_bd_pe_cat1_logo2.jpg

Than you geicorules and DNukem170! 

I would like to get some items on the sale (especially some of the LE) but for sake of sanity I'm just going to stay away unless prices drop a little bit more or at least the RS waves are out...or something.

If it helps out, some of the Clover Media items may go lower (probably not the Robotics Notes or SnS Movie obviously - I have my eye on them too) since other vendors have the same price.  On top on that, even the Sankarea LE that they had for months went from $9.50 to $7.50 as time went on.

Anybody who spends $40 on a fan needs to have their wallet taken away immediately.

hellsing came in today. love it. need to get collection 3 asap. especially love the reversible covers. although i would've preferred a larger case since all 5 dvds and 2 blu rays in one small case worries the shit out of me. feel like i'm going to open it and everything is gonna pop out.

also started rewatching one of my favorite anime: gungrave. so so so so so good

hellsing came in today. love it. need to get collection 3 asap. especially love the reversible covers. although i would've preferred a larger case since all 5 dvds and 2 blu rays in one small case worries the shit out of me. feel like i'm going to open it and everything is gonna pop out.

also started rewatching one of my favorite anime: gungrave. so so so so so good
Brandon Heat is DA MAN! are you watching it on blu ray?

Looks like the MegaDeal is just going through the weekend.

Bastards...
But when we posted it the timer had 2 days didn't it? At least when I looked at it, it did.

Also I was told Wave 2 is starting on the 17th and not the 20th now.

But when we posted it the timer had 2 days didn't it? At least when I looked at it, it did.

Also I was told Wave 2 is starting on the 17th and not the 20th now.
Nah, the timer was for that day, I remember because I was counting it yesterday too to see when to post the new one, and it was down to 1h at that time, but I couldn't wait, so I said screw it and went to sleep, but this morning they've added time to the counter. :*(

^^^

Well that sucks. I mean it is a good deal but yeah they should have done something for each day of the weekend.

^^^

Well that sucks. I mean it is a good deal but yeah they should have done something for each day of the weekend.
Indeed. They just kinda snuck it in there. It's almost as if they decided at the last minute to make it go through the weekend instead. This is a new sale this year, so I'm sure they're just kind of planning it as they go along to see how it works out this year.

Indeed. They just kinda snuck it in there. It's almost as if they decided at the last minute to make it go through the weekend instead. This is a new sale this year, so I'm sure they're just kind of planning it as they go along to see how it works out this year.
They knew it was crap though bc they sent an email saying wave two was coming early aka Monday.

Edit: also Rightstuf seems to have changed their packaging, it sucks sooooo hard. They wrap the DVDs In multiples then shove em in a non boardered(cushioned) box. I hope this is just temporary for the Christmas sale.... But even stil....

They knew it was crap though bc they sent an email saying wave two was coming early aka Monday.

Edit: also Rightstuf seems to have changed their packaging, it sucks sooooo hard. They wrap the DVDs In multiples then shove em in a non boardered(cushioned) box. I hope this is just temporary for the Christmas sale.... But even stil....
They've done that before in the past if your order isn't big enough. It's just that weird cardboard wrap around thing, which I assume is the one you got.

I always make sure to order multiples (5 things or more) from Rightstuf now to avoid that crappy wrap around cardboard thing.

They've done that before in the past if your order isn't big enough. It's just that weird cardboard wrap around thing, which I assume is the one you got.

I always make sure to order multiples (5 things or more) from Rightstuf now to avoid that crappy wrap around cardboard thing.
That's one of their reg boxes for like 1 thing, I didn't get that one. i bought 6 DVDs which included the larger show boxes (like S.A.) my last couple of orders had a similar box type, they have fold in lids on the sides instead of flat sides that don't close with tape. I also think they didn't say Rightstuf on the sides.

If you make a huge order, especially with books, packaging sucks hard. Something WILL break.

That's one of their reg boxes for like 1 thing, I didn't get that one. i bought 6 DVDs which included the larger show boxes (like S.A.) my last couple of orders had a similar box type, they have fold in lids on the sides instead of flat sides that don't close with tape. I also think they didn't say Rightstuf on the sides.
Oh I see. That sounds awful.

Pics! ^__^

[attachment=10022:image.jpg]
No branding on the side(the last 2 I got were also like this)

[attachment=10023:image.jpg]
The fold tabs no biggie

[attachment=10024:image.jpg]
6 boxes wrapped and shoved very tightly in the box (not the blood dvd) pretty much had to tear open the other side to get them out.

>> Futanari; I typically love the huge orders, everthing comes in a big box neatly stacked with plenty of side impact cushioning.

My RS box today was the same as always. I did have A Certain Magical Index complete combined with my wave 1 stuff though so maybe the new packaging is only for sale items. I also received my Highschool DxD s2 yesterday packed in the normal matter as well.

My RS box today was the same as always. I did have A Certain Magical Index complete combined with my wave 1 stuff though so maybe the new packaging is only for sale items. I also received my Highschool DxD s2 yesterday packed in the normal matter as well.
Idk it's weird bc my sailor moon came in this box with hella wrapping which is fine bc it's only one thing, diabolic lovers came in a bubble mailer and my dxd s2 came in this one as well but again it was just the one dvd. Mayby they don't like me :(

bread's done
Back