Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I went for Senran Kagura, even though I'd hardly call $32.99 a megadeal, considering DVD Planet has it for a couple dollars more. And I'm sure DVD Planet will be having a sale in the next month. But, whatever...
The one for that price is the standard edition though, not the LE. The LE on DVDPlanet is $40.06.

Say I have 50 and it's enough to purchase a complete series on blu ray so should I spend it on Horizon in the middle of nowhere, Ef a tale of ... or The world god only knows. Mind you this is a blind buy and thx for any input

Say I have 50 and it's enough to purchase a complete series on blu ray so should I spend it on Horizon in the middle of nowhere, Ef a tale of ... or The world god only knows. Mind you this is a blind buy and thx for any input
Are you saying $50 for all parts of each of those series?

Only one of those is currently in a single set series for the complete anime, and that's ef, but that sets not even out yet until December.

Horizon has the two parts still, but I can definitely foresee those sets both being on sale at one of the typical places for both parts under $25 each, so that will meet your budget.

As for TWGOK, you will have to account for all 3 sets, with Goddess coming out in March, it will be awhile before you can obtain them all. Even with that, the other two sets are generally around $25 each, so you won't be able to obtain them all for under $50 even if Goddess Arc was out.

That being said, if you were able to someone get any of those sets for under $50, I'd bite on all of them for that price.

Today's RS Mega Deal

mega008b.jpg

Tari Tari blu ray Complete Collection

$29.99

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/pJP4RFhxWrBc3m=8fi/browse/item/103854/4/0/0

Picked up the Watamote DVD during Wave 1 a few days ago, which apparently they're giving me free merch with as well. Anyone got any good suggestions for Wave 2?

Picked up the Watamote DVD during Wave 1 a few days ago, which apparently they're giving me free merch with as well. Anyone got any good suggestions for Wave 2?
Nothing for me really stands out, but I would highly recommend Gatchaman Crowds. Loved the series, and a second season is on it's way!

The various cheap Collection releases (Amagami, Gatchaman, Kimikiss, etc.) are cheap enough that blind buys are worth it. There's also Wedding Peach, which is like a hammier Sailor Moon from the director of Pokemon.

I own most of the anime on Wave 2 but have not watched them. :(

Nothing for me really stands out, but I would highly recommend Gatchaman Crowds. Loved the series, and a second season is on it's way!
Just be wary that the bluray does not contain the directors cut version of the final episode, which adds a lot to the flow of events in the ending.

I can also suggest Kimikiss based on what I've watched of it so far, but I'm personally going to wait a bit more for Amagami to see what the Blu-Ray prices will be next year.  Amagami at that price is probably worth it though IMHO.

I'm still unsure on Blue Seed (unsure about the horror/gore sides of it - not a fan of that stuff), Wedding Peach (felt 'eh' about it when I previewed it - episode 10 I think), and This Ugly Yet Beautiful World which I can't make heads or tails of LOL.

my blood+ part 1 came in, 

I have to say, bootleg copies of stuff have gotten better.

can hardly tell it's a bootleg beyond the fact that there is no copyright protection or company info anywhere. oh and the fact that I can't find a legit 3 disk release of this series... or the fact that the video skips on the episode I was testing :(

so yeah, don't buy blood+ part 1 from this seller on amazon.

my blood+ part 1 came in,

I have to say, bootleg copies of stuff have gotten better.

can hardly tell it's a bootleg beyond the fact that there is no copyright protection or company info anywhere. oh and the fact that I can't find a legit 3 disk release of this series... or the fact that the video skips on the episode I was testing :(

so yeah, don't buy blood+ part 1 from this seller on amazon.
At least you aren't buying bootlegs intentionally. Hopefully when people get bootlegs they report them to Amazon/eBay.

At least you aren't buying bootlegs intentionally. Hopefully when people get bootlegs they report them to Amazon/eBay.
it really depends on the seller if I will or not. if I look through their stuff and obviously their whole market is bootlegs I will report them. In this sellers case aside from the blood+ item the rest of their stuff looks legit that I see, with prices pretty much in line with what I would expect for them (thus why I took a chance on the blood+ and are giving them the benefit of the doubt)

They did already contact me back and say they will refund me though, which is a plus.

I do need to figure out how to get part one at a resonable price now though....

I don't think gohastings is going to get a big enough discount to get me to buy it through them though lol.

Half of the items listed from that seller are listed under bootleg listings, and the other half is listed under regular item listings, so you can't even really tell if they sell anything legit.

Half of the items listed from that seller are listed under bootleg listings, and the other half is listed under regular item listings, so you can't even really tell if they sell anything legit.
at least I don't have to worry about bootlegs with rightstuf :p

the end of this month can't come soon enough for anime sales.

I got my Shana movie in from Clover. I think someone else here commented on their copy being damaged a little. This had one of those stupid DVD slips for a Blu Ray case so the bottom was bend a little. It also has a sticker on the back from the company which is not cool in my book but I think with some alcohol, I can remove the residue. For the price, I'm not really complaining but I figured I'd report on it anyway.

My Robotic;notes LE has yet to arrive from them and the shipping number is dead. Guess I'll contact them about that... I'm guessing a wrong number was put in. 

Yea, FUNi did that for a while since B&M Storrs were carrying anime Blu-rays in the Blu-ray section instead of the anime section, so nobody could find it and they weren't selling.

I got my Shana movie in from Clover. I think someone else here commented on their copy being damaged a little. This had one of those stupid DVD slips for a Blu Ray case so the bottom was bend a little. It also has a sticker on the back from the company which is not cool in my book but I think with some alcohol, I can remove the residue. For the price, I'm not really complaining but I figured I'd report on it anyway.

My Robotic;notes LE has yet to arrive from them and the shipping number is dead. Guess I'll contact them about that... I'm guessing a wrong number was put in.
Mine should be coming today as well, i wonder about the condition now. I also wouldn't worry to much about the tracking number bc they one they gave me worked fine, then died, then picked back up again.

Mine should be coming today as well, i wonder about the condition now. I also wouldn't worry to much about the tracking number bc they one they gave me worked fine, then died, then picked back up again.
My copy of Shana was perfectly fine, so it's probably the luck of the bubble mailer. After a little minor elective surgery to the slipcover, it now matches the rest of my Shana blus. Maybe someday I'll even actually watch the movie.

Gurren Lagann 02 and Shonen Jump #1 from 2007 the first appearance and issue of Naruto Shippuden all come in today.

Shonen Jump 50 just touched down in Los Angeles today at the LA Post Office. Should be in my hands tomorrow. I'm about 2 hours away from the LA post office so if all goes well I should get it tomorrow or maybe today because the tracking hasn't been updated for a while 

I just got my sns movIe and blood plus 2 and they are mint condition.

Funimation bad news: OMG their shipping suckssss soo hard. Never got emailed the order info and just got a box with one of the seven items ordered.

Funimation good news: Ben-to has a release date of Feb. 3rd

My copy of Shana was perfectly fine, so it's probably the luck of the bubble mailer. After a little minor elective surgery to the slipcover, it now matches the rest of my Shana blus. Maybe someday I'll even actually watch the movie.
Since the sns movie is in a dvd sized slip what exactly did u do to make it bluray size, mind sharing some pics?

Gurren Lagann 02 perfect condition and brand new. Such a good anime and very beautiful.

Naruto Shippuden Issue 1. Not even the right fucking issue. Goddamnit not again. Get an issue from 2005 when I ordered something from 2008. Jesus H Christ. All the damn time. I think I have a new record for always getting the wrong damn issue.

edit: scratch issue. always the wrong product. hard to be a cag when the best deal you get ends up giving you the wrong product altogether. 

edit deux: c'mon man. i'm a "liar" you sent me the wrong issue. three years apart. i'm being the nice guy here. i could easily jump into a paypal dispute, negative feedback and have nots but i elected to email you first. also please don't ask me to ship it to the guy in dc who got the issue i was supposed to get. i don't want his address and i sure as hell don't want you giving him mine pal. that's not how shit works 

Gurren Lagann 02 perfect condition and brand new. Such a good anime and very beautiful.

Naruto Shippuden Issue 1. Not even the right fucking issue. Goddamnit not again. Get an issue from 2005 when I ordered something from 2008. Jesus H Christ. All the damn time. I think I have a new record for always getting the wrong damn issue.

edit: scratch issue. always the wrong product. hard to be a cag when the best deal you get ends up giving you the wrong product altogether.

edit deux: c'mon man. i'm a "liar" you sent me the wrong issue. three years apart. i'm being the nice guy here. i could easily jump into a paypal dispute, negative feedback and have nots but i elected to email you first. also please don't ask me to ship it to the guy in dc who got the issue i was supposed to get. i don't want his address and i sure as hell don't want you giving him mine pal. that's not how shit works
Mind elaborating more? It feels like I'm reading a riddle here, and I still haven't found the answer. :*(

Mind elaborating more? It feels like I'm reading a riddle here, and I still haven't found the answer. :*(
ordered shonen jump 2008 issue 1. he gave me march 2005. and the package was all messed up. so i emailed him before jumping the gun and he jumped the gun calling me a liar. so i sent him so pics of what i got versus what he listed. so then he said and im paraphrasing here oh well maybe i sent another guy in dc your issue and you got his. would you mind mailing him yours and ill email him to mail you his copy. then it'll all be settled.

i don't want anyone but the seller to have my address and i'm sure as hell not gonna pay to ship it across the country. not that hard to get it right the first time. feel like opening a paypal dispute since this dude is adamant that this is the only way things can be settled. if we all went ahead and just mailed each other our copies.

this is the third time in a month that i've gotten the wrong product lol

I'm guessing this was an eBay transaction?

But yeah, it sounds messed up for him to ask you to have to do all these extra steps just to get the correct product you ordered.

Good luck with the dispute.

Weird. My Robotic;notes came yesterday. Every disc inside sounds loose. My Shana movie, however, has a dead tracking number.

I'm guessing this was an eBay transaction?

But yeah, it sounds messed up for him to ask you to have to do all these extra steps just to get the correct product you ordered.

Good luck with the dispute.
eBay and the first time something as absurd at this ever happening. Every "option" this guy has put out ends up with me putting in more than I originally did. I'll just take a refund and buy it from the seller I originally was going to buy it from but didn't because they had no clue what Shonen Jump was and were just selling off random stuff from an ex or brother I presume.

Weird. My Robotic;notes came yesterday. Every disc inside sounds loose. My Shana movie, however, has a dead tracking number.
Maybe you should open it? :lol: I actually have my Wal Mart copy that I got earlier this year so if this copy is borked, I'll just swap discs or whatever. Anyway, I'll keep an out eye for my copy. if I don't get it by Friday, I'll send them a message.

He sheared off the bluray bar at the top. ;P
Yep, exactly that. :) I took a pair of scissors to the flaps on the inside (so the disc case goes to the bottom of the slipcover) and then removed the blue bar at the top. The slipcover ends up being taller than the disc case, but it matches the height of the chipboard boxes.

bread's done
Back