Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's RS Mega Deal:

mega009.jpg

Maken-Ki LE

$34.99

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/NVM=ZS8YHb3Fin0AUk/browse/item/103888/4/0/0

More ecchi they want to unload, I was tempted by this one but I think I will wait and see if it turns up on amazon for cheap.
Don't count on it. I paid this price for it used about 2 week ago. I would get it now as it is new.

Funny that they are selling this one, and the day of Senran Kagura I said...I bet the next one will be Maken-Ki lol. I was only a day off.

I can only hope tomorrow it'll be KINMOZA! or Love Lab.
I'm sure it'll be Upotte or something like that.

so I was checking my twitter feed and funimation announced they will have black friday bundles. 

who wants to bet that like usual the items that are bundled up will be cheaper to bundle up individually on amazon or rightstuf instead of on funimation :p.

I've never remotely understood why funimation constantly has better sales on amazon/best buy/rightstuf then they do their own store... logicially they should be able to offer better deals on their own store without the middle man taking a cut, but yet I have only seen one or two times when that was reality >

Ecchi on Ecchi on Ecchi

Aside from AOT LE MegaDeal I'd also like to see Golgo 13 on sale. Really pricy if you ask me
Did you see my Collection pic I posted. ;)
It sucks because all the stuff that they have sold, I could have and probably should have waited. Then again...better to get it before it goes OOP.

Did you see my Collection pic I posted. ;)
It sucks because all the stuff that they have sold, I could have and probably should have waited. Then again...better to get it before it goes OOP.
Yeah I should take a picture of mine a lot of popular anime and stuff recommended by you guys

Naruto 1-10 Box Set

Cowboy Bebop Limited Edition Box Set

Gundam Wing Box Set

Trigun Box Set

Full Metal Panic Chipboard Box Set

Gundam Seed 1-10

Gundam 08th MS Team 1-4

Soul Eater Anime Legends

Gungrave 1-7 (7 is LE)

Hellsing Ultimate Parts 1 and 2

Black Lagoon Blu Ray

Gunslinger Girl Season 1

Gunslinger Girl Teatrino

Dragonball Seasons 1-5

Code Geass Parts 1-3 Limited Edition Box Sets

Code Geass R2 Anime Legends (Real One this time)

Samurai 7 Limited Edition Box Set

Peacemaker Chipboard Box Set Complete

Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket Complete

Samurai Champloo Complete Series Anime Legends

Fullmetal Alchemist (Original) Parts 1-4 Complete Box Sets

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Collection 1 Blu Ray

Fullmetal Alchemist Conqueror of Shamballa Limited Edition

Gurren Lagann 1-3 Aniplex/Bandai Sub Only Complete

Akira 225th Anniversary Edition

Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-10 Complete Set

Neon Genesis Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 Limited Edition Blu Rays (Fold Out and Slipcover)

Neon Genesis Evangelion Death and Rebirth

Neon Genesis Evangelion End of Evangelion

Hellsing (original) 1-4 Box Set

Eureka Seven Blu Ray Chipboard Box Set Part 1 *Need Part 2*

Eden of the East Complete Series

Mobile Suit Gundam The Movies 1-3

Death Note Complete Series

Gundam Wing Endless Waltz Uncut

Lots of anime. Only been collecting for a few years and religiously this past year. Used to be a watcher not a collector. Now I'm both. More of a collector. Some of this stuff is still sealed. Have a huge backlog but most of it I can get through in a day if I ever find the time and not watching something new. Trying to finish off Naruto rn

I like the ecchi. 

I want a sale on Yu Yu Hakusho. If they put all of Dragonball on sale again, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Have the money to back me up right now. :lol: 

I like the ecchi.

I want a sale on Yu Yu Hakusho. If they put all of Dragonball on sale again, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Have the money to back me up right now. :lol:
Same Yu Yu Hakusho is freaking awesome. I'd get the Blu Rays at 20 or so bucks each but if they go down lower or even if the DVDs become 9.99 each I'll buy em in a heartbeat.

Dragonball was really expensive to collect. Not sure if it was Season 2 or 4 that ended up costing me 35 bucks on Amazon and it wasn't even that good of a season. It may be 4. The filler season before the King Piccolo arc.

If DBZ comes on sale I'll buy the majority of it. Not all of it. 7 seasons at potentially 15 a piece is costly especially if I'm going to want to buy other stuff as well. like say Yu Yu Hakusho

gohastings black friday ad leaked. AOT season 1 part 1 for 14.99. what a good deal. hope the website matches it. not sure if i should jump on that or wait for TRSI MegaDeal. 

Yeah I should take a picture of mine a lot of popular anime and stuff recommended by you guys

Naruto 1-10 Box Set

Cowboy Bebop Limited Edition Box Set

Gundam Wing Box Set

Trigun Box Set

Full Metal Panic Chipboard Box Set

Gundam Seed 1-10

Gundam 08th MS Team 1-4

Soul Eater Anime Legends

Gungrave 1-7 (7 is LE)

Hellsing Ultimate Parts 1 and 2

Black Lagoon Blu Ray

Gunslinger Girl Season 1

Gunslinger Girl Teatrino

Dragonball Seasons 1-5

Code Geass Parts 1-3 Limited Edition Box Sets

Code Geass R2 Anime Legends (Real One this time)

Samurai 7 Limited Edition Box Set

Peacemaker Chipboard Box Set Complete

Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket Complete

Samurai Champloo Complete Series Anime Legends

Fullmetal Alchemist (Original) Parts 1-4 Complete Box Sets

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Collection 1 Blu Ray

Fullmetal Alchemist Conqueror of Shamballa Limited Edition

Gurren Lagann 1-3 Aniplex/Bandai Sub Only Complete

Akira 225th Anniversary Edition

Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-10 Complete Set

Neon Genesis Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 Limited Edition Blu Rays (Fold Out and Slipcover)

Neon Genesis Evangelion Death and Rebirth

Neon Genesis Evangelion End of Evangelion

Hellsing (original) 1-4 Box Set

Eureka Seven Blu Ray Chipboard Box Set Part 1 *Need Part 2*

Eden of the East Complete Series

Mobile Suit Gundam The Movies 1-3

Death Note Complete Series

Gundam Wing Endless Waltz Uncut

Lots of anime. Only been collecting for a few years and religiously this past year. Used to be a watcher not a collector. Now I'm both. More of a collector. Some of this stuff is still sealed. Have a huge backlog but most of it I can get through in a day if I ever find the time and not watching something new. Trying to finish off Naruto rn
I am pretty much the same way now, I used to watch just about everything that was airing in japan every week, now I spend more of that time on forums looking for deals. I try to keep my backlog of anime low but its getting to the point where I am having trouble finding room for it all.

I like the ecchi.

I hope they have a sale on the bluray movies, That's pretty much all I need to complete my dbz collection for now.

gohastings black friday ad leaked. AOT season 1 part 1 for 14.99. what a good deal. hope the website matches it. not sure if i should jump on that or wait for TRSI MegaDeal.
Yeah it was posted at 20:59 at br.com. Only had 3 blu rays so didn't bother posting it here.

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Hastings/Ad?page=7#viewer

$9.99

Akira

$9.99
Fairy Tail Part 1 (Episodes 1-13)

$14.99
Attack on Titan Part 1 (Episodes 1-13)

I am pretty much the same way now, I used to watch just about everything that was airing in japan every week, now I spend more of that time on forums looking for deals. I try to keep my backlog of anime low but its getting to the point where I am having trouble finding room for it all.

I hope they have a sale on the bluray movies, That's pretty much all I need to complete my dbz collection for now.
Exactly. I was more of a watcher. Oh hey this show looks cool maybe I'll stream it. Now I'm more like this show looks cool I'll buy it. I spend a ton of time on these forums updating deals and discussing potential deals. Backlog is small but growing. Unfinished series or unstarted series. Some of the things I collected were stuff I watched but had to have so that's why its still shrunk wrapped. I never rewatched so the plastic still remains.

Yeah it was postes at 08:59 PM at br.com. Only had 3 blu rays so didn't bother posting it here.

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Hastings/Ad?page=7#viewer

$9.99

Akira

$9.99

$14.99
Attack on Titan Part 1 (Episodes 1-13)
Nothing too fancy. Already own Akira and I paid less at BestBuy. Fairy Tail Part 1 is a bad buy. The parts get more expensive as you go along. Better to get the collections. I don't even like Fairy Tail. AOT is a stand out for me. Pair that with a coupon and were good to go. But like I said if it does go on sale I'll be kicking myself hard.

Space Dandy LE & Standard, Certain Magical Index, A the Movie: Miracle of Endymion, .Hack//Sign DVD Complete Series DVD, and Ben-To LE & Standard again.

Space Dandy S1 LE

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/NVM=ZS8YHb3Fin0AUk/browse/item/103857/4/0/0

Space Dandy S1 Standard

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/NVM=ZS8YHb3Fin0AUk/browse/item/103858/4/0/0

.Hack//Sign DVD Complete Series DVD

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/NVM=ZS8YHb3Fin0AUk/browse/item/103859/4/0/0
Decent prices for Space Dandy, I'll probably wait for price drop or complete set though. Great price for .Hack//Sign. Looks like I need to get it.

Just a heads up, but Hastings usually run different sales during BF for in-store and online, so unless you in one of the states with a Hastings (and near one), those sales may not apply to the majority of us who can only access them online.

Their big online sale are mainly used based sales, so keep an eye out for those.

just waiting on kai to drop

Yeah it was posted at 20:59 at br.com. Only had 3 blu rays so didn't bother posting it here.

$9.99

Akira

$9.99
sweet buttery nipps i will be getting these

ust waiting on kai to drop

sweet buttery nipps i will be getting these
Pass on Fairy Tail Part 1. The collections are so much better in my opinion. Who wants to be a FT Part collector anyway? You'll be amazed on how much more expensive the other parts still are that they are already in the cheaper collection sets. Collection 3 hits soon too soooooo collections all the way!

Pass on Fairy Tail Part 1. The collections are so much better in my opinion. Who wants to be a FT Part collector anyway? You'll be amazed on how much more expensive the other parts still are that they are already in the cheaper collection sets. Collection 3 hits soon too soooooo collections all the way!
Yeah you'd have to be some sort of wealthy, ridiculously handsome person to collect the individual parts of Fairy Tail.

I have no choice as i'm already in too deep lol. i got parts 4-11 for super cheap (frys b1g1 1/2 w. price matching) i then got 3/4 from the FUNi clearance so now i;m about away from up to date.

Note: I also did the same with one piece and took like 2 years for FUNi to start releasing the collections again and just now restarted the FT collections (and now there is a amazon mega set) Id actually like to watch the show on dvd w/o waiting until i retire lol.

Yeah you'd have to be some sort of wealthy, ridiculously handsome person to collect the individual parts of Fairy Tail.
wealthy?....meh frugal more like :D/ and handsome? why thank you kind sir.

I have no choice as i'm already in too deep lol. i got parts 4-11 for super cheap (frys b1g1 1/2 w. price matching) i then got 3/4 from the FUNi clearance so now i;m about away from up to date.
Bummer, haha. We've had Fairy Tail Parts 1-4 in my local 2nd and Charles store for about four months now. Slips and everything... guess they weren't handsome enough keep on going.

Anyway, got my Clover Media copy of LE Robotic;notes. The box and Blu were fine but the hollow box for Part 2 was a little bend. Inside the box was actually some limited edition cards (which are loose in the box for god knows why) so that was probably the shaking sound you all were hearing in the package. Not the DVDs/Blus.

Thank you all for the descriptions of Robotics Notes and the Shana movie.  At this point, anything I'm unsure about will probably just wait until next year because the sales on other items are just better or will be better.

That set of Ef Blu-Rays I'm not unsure about LOL.

Note: I also did the same with one piece and took like 2 years for FUNi to start releasing the collections again and just now restarted the FT collections (and now there is a amazon mega set) Id actually like to watch the show on dvd w/o waiting until i retire lol.

wealthy?....meh frugal more like :D/ and handsome? why thank you kind sir.
At least you haven't been preordering them from the beginning. ;)

That being said, I was going to say that on the surface that deal doesn't seem all that great, but I thought we recently mentioned that part 1 was becoming more difficult to come by. If that is really the case, now would probably be the time to buy it if you think you'll be at all interested.

Not bad for $50

4wuFoRm.jpg
did you get that on eBay from an auction? someone was selling them and part 2 ended around 20 bucks but part 1 was astronomical. damn near bid myself but figured deep discount and gohastings might have a decent sentai sale

Also shoutout to froz the wealthy guy who can collect all of Fairy Tail. It's almost like those who buy Naruto Shippuden for 35 bucks for 13 episodes. I'll finish the series but it'll be a long time before I collect and perhaps watch Shippuden. 20-40 bucks a set times 25 sets at the current moment plus movies is ridiculous. Japan has the awesome season collections but we can't get those. Damn you viz

At least you haven't been preordering them from the beginning. ;)

That being said, I was going to say that on the surface that deal doesn't seem all that great, but I thought we recently mentioned that part 1 was becoming more difficult to come by. If that is really the case, now would probably be the time to buy it if you think you'll be at all interested.
True lol, and thats the MAIN reason i wanna get it, oop always haunts me.

Also shoutout to froz the wealthy guy who can collect all of Fairy Tail. It's almost like those who buy Naruto Shippuden for 35 bucks for 13 episodes.
hahaha nope still broke, i even roll coins lmaoo (don't knock it, i get at least 75$ a year) and i try to get ALL the VIz shows for under 10 each (I.e Inuyasha), over time it''ll get cheap.

I collect the Parts, mainly because I like the coverart better, hate bloated packaging, and sell the DVDs anyway.

True lol, and thats the MAIN reason i wanna get it, oop always haunts me.

hahaha nope still broke, i even roll coins lmaoo (don't knock it, i get at least 75$ a year) and i try to get ALL the VIz shows for under 10 each (I.e Inuyasha), over time it''ll get cheap.
i roll coins too. i try getting viz for cheap as well

I collect the Parts, mainly because I like the coverart better, hate bloated packaging, and sell the DVDs anyway.
yes can we please stop ginormous cases but at the same time hellsings small cases piss me off

Not my picture but I have to say they look very nice.

Picture is madlost's @ br.com

I'm almost tempted to get Part 1 from Hastings...almost.

Unless one wants to be grey and senile before they're all released, the Fairy Tail parts are really the way to go over the collections. Funi's release schedule for those has been a damn joke.

did you get that on eBay from an auction? someone was selling them and part 2 ended around 20 bucks but part 1 was astronomical. damn near bid myself but figured deep discount and gohastings might have a decent sentai sale
I got it from RS. They had it for $24.99 each.

Unless one wants to be grey and senile before they're all released, the Fairy Tail parts are really the way to go over the collections. Funi's release schedule for those has been a damn joke.
You got something against old & grey senile people? Maybe i'm 65 and I forget the episode as soon as I watch it so then I watch it again and it's like a new one! The fun never ends!

Okay, I kind of agree but I think part of the FT release dilemma was it's low sales at first and now since they are constantly making new parts now, To note, I only buy parts of series if they are less than 50 episodes. I think that the collections will start to be a little more constant now. I just prefer them because they are cheaper and since shonens are so god damned long I know that FT will probably be like 20+ parts once it's all said and done which means more shelf space is required.

You got something against old & grey senile people? Maybe i'm 65 and I forget the episode as soon as I watch it so then I watch it again and it's like a new one! The fun never ends!

Okay, I kind of agree but I think part of the FT release dilemma was it's low sales at first and now since they are constantly making new parts now, To note, I only buy parts of series if they are less than 50 episodes. I think that the collections will start to be a little more constant now. I just prefer them because they are cheaper and since shonens are so god damned long I know that FT will probably be like 20+ parts once it's all said and done which means more shelf space is required.
I completely agree, and I'm normally fine with waiting for cheaper collections of shows to be released. It's just that they are releasing the collections SO slowly that I just can't in this instance haha.

Well as said before I sincerely hate FUNimations store, quick arrival but an unnecessary headache. Also Spice and Wolf se. 1s slip cover was bent to hell. W.e out of sights gonna have to work for me today.

[attachment=10138:image.jpg]

I got in my Funimation order it's really shittyly packed also sekirei season one was in a bluray case while season two was dvd :/
Xyq1pca.jpg

There are a ton of third party sellers on Amazon with Paprika on blu ray for 7.47 with prime shipping. The description has a warning that it's some crazy made-up region though. I'm pretty sure they don't know what the hell they're talking about, but I also don't want to blow 8 bucks if it's not going to play. Can anyone who bought it from amazon confirm it'll work?

Not my picture but I have to say they look very nice.

Picture is madlost's @ br.com

I'm almost tempted to get Part 1 from Hastings...almost.
Mine is not so nice looking. I went for space saving, so my slips are Volumes 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11.

There are a ton of third party sellers on Amazon with Paprika on blu ray for 7.47 with prime shipping. The description has a warning that it's some crazy made-up region though. I'm pretty sure they don't know what the hell they're talking about, but I also don't want to blow 8 bucks if it's not going to play. Can anyone who bought it from amazon confirm it'll work?
There's two listings, one with a picture of the regular US edition (which has all of the $7 copies) and one with the picture of the UK release (the one with the logos that have 15 on them). I have no idea if that release is region-free, but if you want the US one just order one of the amazon fulfilled ones. If they send you a UK copy, send it back and say that it was listed incorrectly.

Yea my spice n wolf is blu Ray sized and the LE is dvd sized sigh
Don't get me started!

You know, I just realized something, so if I may ask one more question...

Is getting a 30-day free trial at Crunchyroll normal for someone who registers there but hasn't used the free trial or ever bought a month of their service yet?  I got something via email a while ago that expires today and wonder why is all.

Received an email from Funimation advertising a Black Friday sale starting on Monday. They mentioned "holiday bundles".

That sucks that you guys are having trouble with Amazon and Funimation with your orders. Nowadays I wait around this time of year and buy from Rightstuf to support them. Never had a problem with their packaging; sometimes they add a catalog and various knick knacks to my orders. 

Don't get me started!

Yea apparently this is a thing, time to look for the dvd copy of it...

Is getting a 30-day free trial at Crunchyroll normal for someone who registers there but hasn't used the free trial or ever bought a month of their service yet? I got something via email a while ago that expires today and wonder why is all.
If u haven't had a membership or the trial its a regular thing.

bread's done
Back