Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated list with some DVD prices as well.

How about Heaven's Memo Pad though. I bought it (awhile back) cause I could have sworn people here liked it.
I got it awhile back too, but I was taking into account pricing as well when I made the recommendation.

That was definitely one of the titles I felt couldn't miss at that price, or at least less likely to miss.

Not like Heaven's Memo Pad is not worth that price either, but I still took it into account.

Speaking of frys what ever happened to the buy 2 get 1 people mentioned?

Speaking of drys avast ever happened to the buy 2 get 1 people mentioned?
They haven't had one in awhile.

There were plenty during this time last year, but it hasn't shown up yet since they've been running other anime deals in its place, so yeah, it has not shown its face since the end of summer.

I think they'll probably run one once they've exhausted their anime sales, but for now it seems they're sticking with running sales with specific titles instead of just a B2G1 like last year.

How about Heaven's Memo Pad though. I bought it (awhile back) cause I could have sworn people here liked it.

Was going to make a joke about how you got one Aniplex episode then? But you said 2 titles.
Memo's pad wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly great either. I enjoyed it well enough, but tokyo definitely leaves a more lasting impression.

I got Parts 2-3 from last year's sale. Was able to order Part 1! The Rurouni Kenshin movie Blu had some copies in stock so I grabbed that, too. And some more embarrassing to mention stuff like that Maid thing from the other day for the lulz. Today was the final day then, right? Unless there's a really good Mega Deal, I'm done. Thought about getting Gyo for my girlfriend in England, but I'll be over there for Christmas before it ships to me. Can't ship it to her cause Aniplex.

The Gintama bundle didn't sell out.

It was an inactive listing when the sale went live.

They did that with the La'Corda listings too.
So it should go live within the next few hours? I'd like to save that extra $2... :razz:

EDIT: I must have said the magic word(s), because it's up now.

So it should go live within the next few hours? I'd like to save that extra $2... :razz:
It won't get activated once it's been deactivated.

La`Corda is still inactive, and that was on Day 2 of the sale, but it never got activated, so you're probably out of luck unless they decide to change it.

Glad to see that Jormungand went up on the last day; I was starting to think that I wouldn't end up getting it this year. Also, any thoughts on No 6? It looks like interesting, but I'm not quite ready to bite.

Stock updates,

Waves 1-3

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression DVD (Hyb) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $3.99*(87% Off) - Listing deactivated

Papuwa DVD Box Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $7.99*(87% Off) - 0 Left

Special A (S.A) DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $12.99*(78% Off) - In stock

Xam'd DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]Ranma 1/2 Blu-ray Set 1 (Hyb) Special Edition [/SIZE]Retail: $54.97Your Price: $27.49*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

Blood Lad DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]K DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Limited Editionhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http://www.rightstuf.com/i/782009242956&pid=12220957 [/SIZE]Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Sp... Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]Kobato DVD Collection 1 (S)http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http://www.rightstuf.com/i/sfkb100&pid=12220957 [/SIZE]Retail: $49.98Your Price: $7.99*(84% Off) - In Stock

Blade of the Phantom Master (Shin Angyo Onshi) DVD (Hyb) Retail: $24.98Your Price: $2.29*(91% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]Get Backers Complete Series DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) - Listing deactivated[/SIZE]

Azumanga Daioh Lithograph Retail: $49.99Your Price: $19.99*(60% Off) - 73 Left

Golgo 13 DVD Collection 3 (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $7.99*(87% Off) - In Stock

Day 1

Cosplay Complex/My Dear Marie DVD Double Pack (Hyb) Retail: $19.98Your Price: $6.99*(65% Off) - 6 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $8.99*(78% Off) - 21 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $9.99*(75% Off) - 0 Left

Emma Season 2 Box Set Retail: $49.99Your Price: $14.99*(70% Off) - 57 Left

Hello Kitty & Friends: Holiday Fun Box DVD (D) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $9.99*(67% Off) - 54 Left

Kaleido Star: New Wings DVD Box Set (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - Listing deactivated

Kekkaishi DVD Set 1 (Hyb) Retail: $24.98Your Price: $11.24*(55% Off) - 0 Left

Mayo Chiki! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - In Stock

Excel Saga Plush: Menchi Rug Retail: $9.99Your Price: $2.99*(70% Off) - Listing deactivated

Najica Blitz Tactics DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $12.99*(68% Off) - 0 Left

Naruto: Shippuden Movie 4 DVD: The Lost T Retail: $19.98Your Price: $8.99*(55% Off) - 49 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 1 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 73 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 2 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 70 Left

Nyan Koi! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - In Stock

Professor Layton Movie 1 DVD (Hyb): Profe Retail: $9.98Your Price: $4.49*(55% Off) - 0 Left

Day 2

Evangelion, Neon Genesis Directors Cut: Resurrection DVD (Hyb) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $2.99*(90% Off) - 0 Left

Gilgamesh DVD Box Set (Thinpak) Retail: $69.98Your Price: $10.99*(84% Off) - Listing deactivated

La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 1 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - Listings were inactive when sale went live
La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - Listings were inactive when sale went live
Saint Seiya DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $6.99*(86% Off) - Listing deactivated
Yugo the Negotiator DVD Collection (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $7.99*(80% Off) - 15 Left

Day 3
Eyeshield 21 DVD Collection 1 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 13 Left
Eyeshield 21 DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 5 Left

Day 4
Doki Doki School Hours CD Soundtrack Retail: $14.98Your Price: $ 1.99 *(87% Off) - 34 Left
Madlax DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $69.98Your Price: $14.99*(79% Off) - 5 Left
Qwaser of Stigmata DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $12.49*(75% Off) - 22 Left
Qwaser of Stigmata II DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $12.49*(75% Off) - 18 Left
Saiyuki DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $9.99*(80% Off) - Listing deactivated

Day 5
Girl Who Leapt Through Space, The DVD 4 (S) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $8.99*(70% Off) - 83 Left
Grrl Power DVD (Hyb)Retail: $14.98 Your Price: $3.99*(73% Off) - 0 Left
Yumeria DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $44.98Your Price: $6.99*(84% Off) - 0 Left

Day 6
Puni Puni Poemi/Kekko Kamen DVD Double Pack (Hyb) Retail: $26.98Your Price: $5.99*(78% Off) - 0 Left

Day 7
N/A

Day 8
Cyberteam in Akihabara DVD Box Set (Thinpak) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $9.99*(80% Off) - 56 Left

Day 9
Banner of the Stars II DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $17.99*(55% Off) - 67 Left

Day 10
Ghost Sweeper Mikami DVD Collection 1 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $17.49*(65% Off) - 83 Left

Day 11
N/A

Day 12
Mecha Masters DVD SetRetail: $34.99 Your Price: $ 9.99*(71% Off) - 54 Left
Princess Resurrection DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $13.99*(77% Off) - 63 Left
Sonic Soldier Borgman DVD (Hyb): Last Battle/Lover's Rain Retail: $24.98Your Price: $4.99*(80% Off) - 2 Left
Trigun CD Soundtrack: The Second Donut Happy Pack Retail: $14.98Your Price: $ 1.99*(87% Off) - 0 Left

Day 13
Gin Tama DVD Collection 4 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $9.99*(80% Off) - 54 Left
Infinite Ryvius DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - Anime Legends Retail: $49.98Your Price: $19.99*(60% Off) - 79 Left

I was able to add the gintama bundle to cart if anyone's interested. No counters on the bundle right now. Did Sentai only do the first 49 eps? Are they ever going to do the rest?

EDIT: Found this. 2 years and no announcement so I guess it's done for good.

Oh ya, forgot it tanked in sales. *removes from cart* No need to collect an incomplete series.
I'm quoting you, but this is really directed at everyone. Would you have bought the next 8 sets of Gintama at $30-40 each? I doubt anyone buying the show now would do so. If you weren't going to buy them, it being incomplete is not a very good reason to decide to not buy and enjoy the 50 episodes here.

Though not technically out of print, the show was very difficult to get ahold of all 4 parts for awhile.

The show is episodic anyway, and is also available on Crunchyroll. So it's not like anyone buying this would miss out on some sweeping storyline because there are no more dvds.

Gintama was a tough sell here and it took me forever just to get through 80 episodes. It's a series that's made mainly with the Japanese viewer in mind. If the sub used on CR didn't explain a majority of the references that weren't anime related, I'd be so lost most of the time. Don't get me wrong, it's a great series but the cultural differences for humor and jokes just make a few episodes feel flat. 

It's no shocker it didn't sell here. 13 episodes is too little for a Gintama set. They should have just went the collection route from the get-go but they didn't and now the series is in limbo here. Buy it if you really love it but I can't recommend buying it at all. 

PS. I love just about every character in Gintama. Where's the mayo lighter? :p

Can any one comment on divergence eve and/or momo the good girl of death? I'm thinking of blind buying both.

Just received my Funimation Order and Rightstuf Order. Can't wait to watch it. lol

FullSizeRender.jpg

Over the course of the last two weeks I've picked up High School of the Dead, Is This a Zombie?, Okami-san and Her Seven Companions, Slayers seasons 1-3, Slayers seasons 4-5, Spice and Wolf, Vandread, Berserk novels 1+2, Nyan Koi!, Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Ai Yori Aoshi, My Bride is a Mermaid, Shangri-La, Shiki, Shuffle, Welcome to the NHK, Evangelion 1.11, Kids on the Slope, Mushi-shi, Puni Puni Poemi/Kekko Kamen double pack, Baccano!, Freezing season 1, Kino's Journey, and Tenchi Muyo GXP. For a grand total of...way more than I thought I'd spend.

And just dropped an additional $350 at rightstuf. Well, then... I think that puts me up to just shy of the $1000 mark on anime during this 'holiday' season. >_>

Confirmed Mega Deals will last till the 26th.

Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment Good question! There will be more MegaDeals until the 26th. That actually just got finalized today. [TH]

Got my Eva 1.11 and 2.22, and I gave my Welcome to the NHK to my girlfriend for Christmas. No slipcover for 2.22, unfortunately. :(

B4y3LH7CMAA7yyo.jpg

Got my Eva 1.11 and 2.22, and I gave my Welcome to the NHK to my girlfriend for Christmas. No slipcover for 2.22, unfortunately. :(

B4y3LH7CMAA7yyo.jpg
They don't make 2.22 with a slipcover anymore for the current prints, so you're basically sol like the Sekirei S1s, and select other Funi slipcover orphans. :*(

Why does this always happen to me. Went to take advantage of FYE's B2G1 sale to finish off my Rurouni Kenshin collection and made it to checkout. Chose paypal. Entered my password and then I was brought back to the main screen saying there was an error and to try again later. I still got charged for it and have the email to prove it. This is bogus. I doubt anyone else has this issue. I emailed them the pics and forwarded them the payment notice so that they can fulfill the order on their part or refund me altogether. UGH

In other news 25 bucks bought me Samurai X the complete collection of OVA's in slipcover box and Samurai X The Motion Picture. Like New condition and with all the inserts intact. lol

bread's done
Back