Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
How high quality are FYE's used items usually? I ended up grabbing a Fairy Tail Part 1 from them--because I can't find the bastard anywhere--but I'm nervous at what I'm going to end up with.

How high quality are FYE's used items usually? I ended up grabbing a Fairy Tail Part 1 from them--because I can't find the bastard anywhere--but I'm nervous at what I'm going to end up with.
pretty decent for the zeta copies i bought. they were put in some kind of plastic holder. two of them were shrink wrapped and had the bandai sticker yet were marked used. none of them reeked of smoke. packaging left a lot to be desired for. just a cardboard paper thing. overall its a b on everything.

For those that buy the Fairy Tail part sets, Funimation is offering a Grand Magic Games t-shirt with Part 15 starting on Monday. Only 100 will be made but catch is that Part 15 w/ the shirt is a whopping $100. In my day, t-shirts came free with expensive games and movies. Not anymore! Keep up the classy "deals", Funimation. 

PtoiO3G.jpg

For those that buy the Fairy Tail part sets, Funimation is offering a Grand Magic Games t-shirt with Part 15 starting on Monday. Only 100 will be made but catch is that Part 15 w/ the shirt is a whopping $100. In my day, t-shirts came free with expensive games and movies. Not anymore! Keep up the classy "deals", Funimation.

PtoiO3G.jpg
Surely they'll make up for it by offering a vast assortment of sizes.

Surely they'll make up for it by offering a vast assortment of sizes.
Sizes were unspecified but my guess is that it will be large for everyone, lol. I just like how funimation not only charges full retail price for the anime but then they tack on an extra $40 for a t-shirt which is just insane. I guess they want full profit from the 100 t-shirts they made... =/

That's almost aniplex territory right there Funi. Oh let's just charge 40 for a t shirt that cost .40 cents to make by a someone in China who was paid .10 cents for the entire day

It's definitely a unique slipcover that Funi has yet to replicate with any other set.
Huh. I didn't realize it was so sought after. I bought it a few years back with the intent to give it away, but I ended up keeping it. Didn't even open it. Didn't intend to keep it for myself so it's just been sitting in my drawer.

i wish there was second season for it, the plot was actually interesting compare to most ecchi animes
plot.....ecchi.....I GET IT! :D

I personally didn't like Aesthetica that much but for $8, wouldn't say it's a bad buy.

Huh. I didn't realize it was so sought after. I bought it a few years back with the intent to give it away, but I ended up keeping it. Didn't even open it. Didn't intend to keep it for myself so it's just been sitting in my drawer.
Hold on to that sucker. It's gonna be worth a lot in the future at least I think so. Super rare. Highly collectible and sought after. First pressing. Never came out again. One of the best slipcovers imo as well. Simple in the front and back and then boom fold out for a nice image of asuka's eva.

I know I've asked this before, but I'm getting annoyed with my lack of progress. Any ideas for finding Fairy Tail Part 1? I needs it! Lol. I did just order one from FYE, but I have no idea if it will come with the slipcase, let alone if it will be in good shape if it does--I'm pretty fussy with those.

I know I've asked this before, but I'm getting annoyed with my lack of progress. Any ideas for finding Fairy Tail Part 1? I needs it! Lol. I did just order one from FYE, but I have no idea if it will come with the slipcase, let alone if it will be in good shape if it does--I'm pretty fussy with those.
Ebay is pretty much the only route. At least you can request pictures and information.

it makes me glad to know that the risk of a megadeal forcing me to make a new order on rightstuf is about on par with me getting hit by a bus while typing this message. These mega deals are rather lame in general.... though if I was rightstuf I would take one of my series and basically put it on sale for cost on the last day of the sale to get a lot of people to place last minute orders with it and $35-$40 worth of other product they likely wouldn't have gotten if it wasn't for the megadeal mwa ha ha ha :p

Ebay is pretty much the only route. At least you can request pictures and information.
Even at that you get those lame sellers who deny you your pictures and information with a generic message

I don't know if you saw my original post but FYE stuff does come in very nice condition, however, like Froz said eBay is your best bet. For whatever reason the people who sold it to FYE could've sold it minus the DVDs and Slipcase to go ahead and sell it at another avenue. I'm pretty fussy with those but if ebay.com doesn't work try half.com. Most of the time its moms trying to get rid of all their shite or goodwill industries that get a shite ton of shite and don't know its value

holy high school i was giving zaku a hard time about fye and fairy tail part 1 but its really fucking hard to find. half.com has it for 300 bucks. did funi really not press more. damn shounen shows 

PtoiO3G.jpg
Jesus, I really want badly but no way I can Justify 100 bucks for that...

I'd pick up the Part 1 for you that was my 2nd and Charles for the past 4 months but someone grabbed Parts 1-4 a few weeks ago. I guess our local reseller snatched it. 

holy high school i was giving zaku a hard time about fye and fairy tail part 1 but its really fucking hard to find. half.com has it for 300 bucks. did funi really not press more. damn shounen shows
They stopped the prints in order to fully convert to the collections.

You can get it pretty cheap though honestly. My copy of it is being delivered today and i only paid 15$ w. shipping. SHOULD be mint, but ill let ya know how that goes.

I'm going to keep searching seeing as how rare it is 

ssjChris thanks for the offer. Sadly it sold. I have an alert set up on FYE.com, Secondspin.com, and Gohastings.com for when a new copy comes in to stock. 

Haven't even seen Fairy Tail before but I'm willing to collect part 1 because of its rarity and because every time I go to BestBuy there are several parts namely 11-15 just sitting there slips and all looking at me.

Also shoutout to the person that stole the slipcover off of Dragonball Z Season 4. Might as well steal the whole damn thing since it isn't worth much to me without the slipcover. 

Just got my Bebop Funi set. It got a minor crease,but other than that it came in good condition. Now for people who have trouble putting this on their shelf,just put it the shelf with your other vinyl records.

So the new Sankarea set comes out in March. Looks like it will be a regular release though.
Anyone here who pre ordered sankarea from Rightstuf.com get an email from they saying they would send a FREE replacement when the unedited version came out? This email was sent when they realized they were shipping the edited version. I wonder if they still will mail us the unedited version or if they forgot.

Anyone here who pre ordered sankarea from Rightstuf.com get an email from they saying they would send a FREE replacement when the unedited version came out? This email was sent when they realized they were shipping the edited version. I wonder if they still will mail us the unedited version or if they forgot.
Email them and find out ;D

Another part of my Hastings order came in with more Kenshin. So far I've gotten cover art and inner slips for all of them except one of the volumes which is easy to find should I ever want to recollect 

My Naruto manga copy came in. The last one I had was messed up some family members not gonna dive into details. I just kept it in the box never to be touched again

that's all i have

hopefully everyone's orders come in as we head into the christmas deliveries and it becomes more and more difficult 

Best Buy is having a B1G1 Free on certain Sony Blu-rays. Appleseed Alpha is one of them. If you're looking for something to pair it with, the Godzilla 2-movie sets are also eligible.

Got my cyber Monday Funimation order today and I'm kinda disappointed. Panty and Stocking LE dvd didn't come with a leaflet on the back and it feels like they just resealed it with thin plastic. Stike Witches 2 box has a cut on the top of a box like someone just used an exoknife on it.
Fractale came in good condition but the show itself isn't good.

Same with Darker than Black Season 1. I can't stand non symmetry. S1 and S2 both need to be the same height and dimension and size. I sound like Death the Kid right now but that stuff irks me to no end. It's like getting a series and having all the slipcovers only to not get a slipcover with the next iteration. Or even worse when you buy a series hoping to get the inset and it doesn't come with one inside but all your other copies do. Ugh. This is why I have trust issues. Never mind I have outgrown my two shelves and now i have stuff on the floor. 

jflooooooooo, on 16 Dec 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:
Same with Darker than Black Season 1. I can't stand non symmetry. S1 and S2 both need to be the same height and dimension and size. I sound like Death the Kid right now but that stuff irks me to no end. It's like getting a series and having all the slipcovers only to not get a slipcover with the next iteration. Or even worse when you buy a series hoping to get the inset and it doesn't come with one inside but all your other copies do. Ugh. This is why I have trust issues. Never mind I have outgrown my two shelves and now i have stuff on the floor.
Is S1 ever going to get Blu-ray treatment or is that banned by the Japanese publisher?

bread's done
Back