Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I don't know if Amazon is having a new sale, but I noticed that A Certain Magical Index: S1 is only $29 or so. Someone more intrepid than I can probably find out what's for sale :)

Edit: Stein's Gate complete series is also on sale for $25 or so.

Also, I don't know if Amazon is having a new sale, but I noticed that A Certain Magical Index: S1 is only $29 or so. Someone more intrepid than I can probably find out what's for sale :)

Both Fairy Tail Collections are $24.49 (not Collection 3, sadly), as are Spice & Wolf Complete Series and Black Lagoon S1&2.

Both Fairy Tail Collections are $24.49 (not Collection 3, sadly), as are Spice & Wolf Complete Series and Black Lagoon S1&2.
Outside of Index, which seems like a random drop recently, I mentioned these awhile ago that Amazon was running a mini anime sale as part of Cyber Monday, but I guess nobody bothered to actually look through the list that day except for a few people. :*(

Outside of Index, which seems like a random drop recently, I mentioned these awhile ago that Amazon was running a mini anime sale as part of Cyber Monday, but I guess nobody bothered to actually look through the list that day except for a few people. :*(
Thanks for re-posting this deal. I had noticed the low price on Steins Gate before, but a few other items in that sale had escaped me. I went ahead and ordered the last copy they had of Wonder Woman (Blu-Ray) and the Dragon Age animated movie. And Steins Gate, of course. I just needed a few other items to round out the free shipping before picking up Steins Gate.

Damn, Steins Gate complete collection for under 25? Might have to pick that one up.

The girlfriend is a huge Toaru mark, so I got her Index S1 for Christmas as well, to make up for some nendoroids I ordered that ended up being cancelled due to low stock.

It's ok, I saw it the first time.

Damn. The chu2byo set is looking damn nice. I realized that I preordered it before the last Sentai sale. Do you guys think they'll give me the got anime discount that I could have gotten if I asked back then to update the price or is it late?

Finally got my package a moment ago and happy to report it arrived without a scratch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_QQjIpvtW4

Viz Media has all their digital manga on sale. Most of them are $4.99, but the first 2 volumes of Yu Yu Hakusho, Food Wars, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are $1.99.

Was glad when I saw amazon boxed my Bebop set with a blu-ray I ordered earlier. Nope~ Came in a box but no padding and a huge dent/tear in the top of the spine. I swear half of the anime I have ever bought from Amazon comes in damaged. 

Was the Amazon version of Cowboy Bebop a limited edition?
Yes very limited 2500.

Here is mine with my corgi.

100_8495_zpsdf98133e.jpg

I was tempted to order the Funimation Cowboy Bebop set, just because I like the vinyl-style packaging but, hell, if I knew it came with a corgi I would have bought it immediately.
I've been going back and forth on Mardock Scramble. Someone tell me what to do!
I haven't see the movies yet (though I recently ordered them from Right Stuf), but the novel(s) the films are based on is fantastic. A great blend of cyberpunk, crazy action and some really out-there concepts. Based on what I've seen of the anime trailers, it looks like they captured the essence of the novel.

Ein is that you?
haha I wish, but I love him regardless.

That is a mix, right?
Nope pure bred.

Corgis come in a rainbow of colors, so that could be a pure bred one.
It is, I have the papers for him. I believe he was the runt of the litter because he is pretty small.

Also...

Funimation Announces March 2015 Releases!

http://www.rightstuf.com/site/main/news/individual/FT0000007503.html

FUNimation has revealed their March 2015 release slate, which includes the complete series of Unbreakable Machine-Doll in both limited and standard edition format, Season 1 Part 1 of Tokyo Ravens in both limited and standard edition format, and the complete series of Sankarea: Undying Love! Also slated for release is the next installment of Fairy Tail, the Anime Classics release of Armitage III, and new S.A.V.E. edition releases of School Rumble Season 1 + OVA and Season 2. Pre-order these titles today!

^^^

Nice, I don't do figurines. I would but I know that if I went down that road I wouldn't have the money for the anime haha. So I have to pick one or the other even though there are so many figures I want...

I think everyone wishes they had a dog as cool as Ein lol. Neoz's dog comes so close. My chihuahua lab mix isn't that cool no matter how many high fives she gives

I think everyone wishes they had a dog as cool as Ein lol. Neoz's dog comes so close. My chihuahua lab mix isn't that cool no matter how many high fives she gives

haha yeah she is man. I love dogs, and as long as she makes you happy that's all that matters.

Wow amazon just refunded me the full $75.59 (dat tax) for my dented bebop set without needing to return the item. If they would just spend the money they refund people on better shipping practices they wouldn't need to buy my love back. Still surprised they were so generous though. 

Wow amazon just refunded me the full $75.59 (dat tax) for my dented bebop set without needing to return the item. If they would just spend the money they refund people on better shipping practices they wouldn't need to buy my love back. Still surprised they were so generous though.
Amazon customer service is inarguably the best out there. Which, isn't exactly a difficult achievement in the world of Customer Service, but Amazon CS is legitimately amazing in its own right.

I miss the days when Amazon used to pack stuff well :cry: . Glad they still refund for their very preventable mistakes.

I hate UPS Mail Innovations. Three packages that need to be delivered. Two marked for Monday and one marked for today--Tuesday. Both in San Bernandino, CA which is an hour and half from my house. Have they arrived? No. I'd rather take USPS Media Mail or pay the extra dollar or so for priority flat rate. At least I know my FYE order finally shipped and my Samurai X box set will get here on Thursday. As for the rest of my Hastings and Frys order. We'll have to wait and see. Rant over. I guess I was spoiled by RS great shipping. 

Edit Une:

Forgot to mention Amazon has the best no questions asked customer service. Whereas other retail giants have the opportunity to mark your record for CS Amazon does no such thing. They are able to mark your record through the use of your I.D. which gets uploaded to the Retail Equation which has notes about you and what you do. However, a lot of people don't take advantage of Amazon's customer service. They don't question you one bit and I've gotten either full on replacements, partial refunds or full refunds for their misgivings. We're talking a brand new copy of a Wii U game because it was scratched along the side. What did they ask me to do? Throw away the game. My Amiibo's sensory chip wasn't working so they gave me a giftcard for its value which was 16 bucks. As for anime? A few mishaps between Death Note and Black Lagoon netted me a refund and a brand new copy respectively. Nonetheless take advantage of their customer service. Don't be demanding. Explain your situation via Live Chat and be calm. Don't overload with messages. After more than likely they'll ask you what they should do. Obviously for a big ticket item like Bebop they won't send a replacement but for smaller items they will. Pay it forward by giving your agent a good feedback rating at the end of the conversation. 

Forgot to mention Amazon has the best no questions asked customer service.
They don't have the best service. I have dealt with them before and they are just like all the other big box chains. Sometimes you get good service and sometimes you don't. And Amazon do watch what you do. They track everything you return and can ban you just like the other B&M places. I have seen many people have accounts banned for abuse of the system.
And they don't ask you what to do. A majority of the time they want the item back and you get issued a refund. I have never been asked to keep the item. It is the usual print return label and have UPS/drop it off.
And you really shouldn't mention that. There is a military term we like to use. Outta sight, outta mind.

People will/can abuse the system, so if I were you I'd edit my post and delete all that stuff.

Is $25 a piece for Dragon Ball Kai S1-4 and Fairy Tail Collections 1 & 2 the best prices we'll see on these for a while?
Hopefully not for Kai, (even the blu-ray version could be a little cheaper)

They don't have the best service.

They track everything you return and can ban you just like the other B&M places.

I have seen many people have accounts banned for abuse of the system.People will/can abuse the system, so if I were you I'd edit my post and delete all that stuff.
Agreed with this, it can a will happen. A friend of mine had his account flagged bc he kept wanting exchanges (even though they were justified due to damaged caused by Amazons shipping methods). And abuse will just end up hurting everyone, look at how quick Wal-Mart changed up their PM policy when people were getting PS4s for 90 bucks.

Forgot to mention Amazon has the best no questions asked customer service. Whereas other retail giants have the opportunity to mark your record for CS Amazon does no such thing. They are able to mark your record through the use of your I.D. which gets uploaded to the Retail Equation which has notes about you and what you do. However, a lot of people don't take advantage of Amazon's customer service. They don't question you one bit and I've gotten either full on replacements, partial refunds or full refunds for their misgivings. We're talking a brand new copy of a Wii U game because it was scratched along the side. What did they ask me to do? Throw away the game. My Amiibo's sensory chip wasn't working so they gave me a giftcard for its value which was 16 bucks. As for anime? A few mishaps between Death Note and Black Lagoon netted me a refund and a brand new copy respectively. Nonetheless take advantage of their customer service. Don't be demanding. Explain your situation via Live Chat and be calm. Don't overload with messages. After more than likely they'll ask you what they should do. Obviously for a big ticket item like Bebop they won't send a replacement but for smaller items they will. Pay it forward by giving your agent a good feedback rating at the end of the conversation.
Uh you know Amazon tracks everything you do right? Get too many refunds or do too many returns and they will ban you faster than you can say ONII-CHAN! You sure you arent new to online shopping?

jflo, are you sure you're not fire_thief in disguise? =/
I was just about to say.

I keep seeing images of Kiniro Mosaic, and it makes me so glad I bought it. Totally going to binge watch it during Christmas.

jhPpjGp.jpg

3f87kwV.jpg

Reminds me of a British Miu Matsuoka.

They stopped the prints in order to fully convert to the collections.

You can get it pretty cheap though honestly. My copy of it is being delivered today and i only paid 15$ w. shipping. SHOULD be mint, but ill let ya know how that goes.
Would be awesome if you didn't leave out where you got it from >_> lol.

Amazes me places like fye are still in business with their crazy high prices on most their stuff.
Indeed, the majority of their stuff is pretty overpriced, but there are some decent finds as well, but you'll really have to look for them.

I'm probably picking up HotD LE and Sailor Moon Set 1 LE since they both end up way cheaper than they had been on sale this year at Rightstuf.

Update:

After saying this earlier I ended up finding lots of other stuff I wanted, and about an hour after I just spent $300 after all the discounts. ~_~

Even signed up for backstage pass at this point since it saved me more than the membership costs. What the hell. I wish I had an FYE in my area still though...oh well. At least there's still online. :p

bread's done
Back