Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, the majority of their stuff is pretty overpriced, but there are some decent finds as well, but you'll really have to look for them.

I'm probably picking up HotD LE and Sailor Moon Set 1 LE since they both end up way cheaper than they had been on sale this year at Rightstuf.

Update:

After saying this earlier I ended up finding lots of other stuff I wanted, and about an hour after I just spent $300 after all the discounts. ~_~

Even signed up for backstage pass at this point since it saved me more than the membership costs. What the hell. I wish I had an FYE in my area still though...oh well. At least there's still online. :p
Im happy you found some gems in the muck, but outside of the obscure used item I dont see anything. Hell, I randomly searched some things I recently bought and...

Samurai Champloo Blu ray $47

Black Lagoon $47

One Piece Z $30

Star Wars Complete Saga Blu $100

All absurdly overpriced, especially on this forum.

Im happy you found some gems in the muck, but outside of the obscure used item I dont see anything. Hell, I randomly searched some things I recently bought and...

Samurai Champloo Blu ray $47

Black Lagoon $47

One Piece Z $30

Star Wars Complete Saga Blu $100

All absurdly overpriced, especially on this forum.
The discount applies to new too, so you could also try to look through that stock, but I really only saw HotD and Sailor Moon as the best deals I could best utilize with the code.

The code does work on pre-orders too though, so upcoming anime sets, and so on are also fair game with the code.

I'm not saying fye is a gold mine, but it may be worth a shot to keep looking through the "muck" if you can find some decent deals.

I guess the hard part really is that fye sorting system blows, so that also makes it not as fun to browse through all the overpriced crap they do carry. ;P

Also, heads up to everyone who have been waiting for the Love Live! S1 PE reprint pre-orders to go up that they're active now at he usual places for NISA PE sets.

Here are the links,

NISA Love Live! School Idol Project 1st Season Premium Bonus Set (comes with poster) $51.99

Rightstuf Love Live! School Idol Project Blu-ray Season 1 (S) Premium Edition $58.49

RAC Love Live! School Idol Project Season 1 BLURAY Collection (Premium Edition) $54.98

Even though it pains me to list RAC, but just in case the other places sell out, RAC is still an option if you get desperate. ~_~

Surprisingly NISA has the best deal right now, even beyond Rightstuf, which is unusual, and it includes the posters still, so NISA is definitely best deal currently for those who missed out last time.

And TRSI has sent me an email stating
Hello from Right Stuf Anime Headquarters!   We hope that you are having a great holiday season and that you're finding the bargains you have been looking for!

FUNimation has recently announced a March 2015 release date for the uncut version of Sankarea: Undying Love! Because you ordered and received the original release with edited content, we will be sending you new, uncut replacement discs when we receive our inventory of the new version in March. The shipment will be for the replacement discs only, and you can place them your packaging of your original version of the item, disposing of the discs you previously received.

We want to mention specifically here that the uncut version of this product is rated TVMA rather than the TV14 rating of the edited release that you received before. If this will be an issue for you, we would be happy to still accept a return from you and provide you with a credit instead of you having a product you may have issues with.

Please contact our Customer Care team if you have any questions about this replacement program, or if your mailing address has changed since you last placed an order with us. Thank you for your incredible patience in waiting for this updated product, and we hope you enjoy your new discs when they arrive!

Thank you!

I keep seeing images of Kiniro Mosaic, and it makes me so glad I bought it. Totally going to binge watch it during Christmas.

jhPpjGp.jpg

3f87kwV.jpg

Reminds me of a British Miu Matsuoka.
I'm waiting to get paid and as soon as I do I'm getting this and Love Lab. I was so glad that it was part of the RS sale. I love this show.

Anyone here do Funimation's subscription streaming service?  There's a lot of anime that I'd like to watch, but I might not watch again. I usually try to only buy stuff that I'll watch again or might go out of print.  I'm running out shelf space, so I should limit my buying.  I figured a streaming service might be a good idea.

Anyone here do Funimation's subscription streaming service? There's a lot of anime that I'd like to watch, but I might not watch again. I usually try to only buy stuff that I'll watch again or might go out of print. I'm running out shelf space, so I should limit my buying. I figured a streaming service might be a good idea.
I had it for 3 months and didn't like it. Great selection of subbed/dubbed Funimation titles It still needs a ton of work on the site. When I used it, I didn't have a queue option so I ended up just watching a lot of Fairy Tail on it at work until I got sick of their service (it was free for me anyway) . I'll continually demand PlayStation apps of it because I don't want to plug in my 360 or buy a Roku.

And to go back a page or two in the thread, Darker than Black S1 despite being great never hit off well here or in Japan. It was an Aniplex anime and we all know how they roll but I largely suspect that either it was A. Too expensive to bring over (Aniplex boo-hooing over reverse imports) or B. The Blus didn't exist when the Anime Classics version hit.

Funimation does stream the HD version though... but that doesn't really count. :p

I think you got it backwards. You're running out of shelf space, so you should buy more shelf space, and then you can buy more anime.
I do need more shelf space, but I'm not sure if I have room for any more shelves.

If funimation's streaming service isn't that great, how good is netflix in terms of anime? Hulu looks like it has a lot of anime. Do they still do ads for paying members?

I do need more shelf space, but I'm not sure if I have room for any more shelves.

If funimation's streaming service isn't that great, how good is netflix in terms of anime? Hulu looks like it has a lot of anime. Do they still do ads for paying members?
it should be noted, the steams themselves are perfectly fine on the funimation site, it's just a bit of a pain to find what you want to watch (you get used to it though)

that being said you just missed a sale on the funimation sub.

Overall I find the funimation sub worth it, but it would be one of the first things cut if I needed to spend less.

I'm running out of shelf space too so your not the only one. I need to buy more shelves but it's like $15 for an extra shelf at ikea. That can be used somewhere else.

Funimation sub isn't bad if you have a Roku.

I'm running out of shelf space too so your not the only one. I need to buy more shelves but it's like $15 for an extra shelf at ikea. That can be used somewhere else.

Funimation sub isn't bad if you have a Roku.
you should just randomly check your local thrift stores for shelving. Sometimes you get lucky and can get nice shelving for cheap.

So, with the 30% off code and the Backstage Pass discount, both Index and Railgun come to just over $27. Also, Bebop Standard Edition Blu-ray comes to $28.

I ordered cowboy bebop and flcl from rightstuf and my order is now saying flcl is backordered. Will they not ship cowboy bebop without it?

Well, I'll just look forward to Manga releasing it in the UK, and I'll grab it then. That's my strategy for all Aniplex stuff. fuck them, seriously.

^^^

haha I saw that a minute ago. Thanks RS for making me looking like a liar. This is the second time.

I do like the coverart for the complete collection though. :)

Who was the guy who needed Fairy Tail Part 1? I just grabbed a copy for fairly cheap and I'm willing to sell it for much cheaper than what the resellers on Amazon have it for. Fyi it didn't have a slip and its used.

Was a fun series though a bit much on the fan-service. Great if that is what you are looking for though! lol
i was actually disappointed , i thought it might be similar to devil is a part timer. but it is basically maken-ki after the first few episodes,

If only the slip was there
If you want, I'll tape a piece of paper and badly draw Fairy Tail characters on it just for you. It will be a CAG exclusive slip. and it will be priceless. :lol:

example:
3feea04b1489ee729a77400687319394-best-fanmade-cover-art.jpg

(But in all seriousness, I'm just trying to fill a gap in anyone's collection that just wants it to watch it and wants the parts)

If you want, I'll tape a piece of paper and badly draw Fairy Tail characters on it just for you. It will be a CAG exclusive slip. and it will be priceless. :lol:

example:
3feea04b1489ee729a77400687319394-best-fanmade-cover-art.jpg

(But in all seriousness, I'm just trying to fill a gap in anyone's collection that just wants it to watch it and wants the parts)
The one in the middle is my favorite.

very region specific, but the Biddeford ME mardens had a few copies of vampire knight season 1 dvd for $16.74. They were in with the tv series dvds they recently acquired. No idea if any of the other stores have any.

bread's done
Back