Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's RS Mega Deal

71iYO6U1j7L._SL250_.jpg

Okamikakushi ~ Masque of the Wolf Blu-ray Complete Collection

$29.99

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/hBjM2nanWrdqW4gE5V/browse/item/104389/4/0/0

You win, rightstuf... I'll spend more money. I love horror/mystery series, so today's megadeal looks up my alley. Couple that with some pre-orders for free shipping and shipoopy.

Is this one day or unique code? It doesn't work for me.
It goes until 1/2/2015.

I just tested it out, and it works just fine.

When you enter it, do you see the code applied?

In the cart there are also two prices where the item is listed, but there's also a price on the right of the item that will show the price discount.

And just in case you need a visual,

here.png

Note, this code doesn't work on pre-orders, gift cards, or subscription services.

How is the quality of the Dragon Ball Z Movie Blurays? Thinking about buying them while they are cheap on Amazon.

Golgo 13 has been on my "to watch" list for years and I still have no idea what it's about, lol. I just thought he always looked cool from the wonky NES game. 

Just finished watching Yumeria, was pretty good too. Kinda wished it lasted a bit longer.

Also, Mone!

How is the quality of the Dragon Ball Z Movie Blurays? Thinking about buying them while they are cheap on Amazon.
They look pretty damn good. They were theatrical releases, after all, so there was a lot to work with there--as far as the blu-ray transfer. That said, though, they do still look a like a product of their era.

Golgo 13 has been on my "to watch" list for years and I still have no idea what it's about, lol. I just thought he always looked cool from the wonky NES game.
Only thing I know about Golgo 13 other the game is this scene from one of the movies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJxPjUo5-cI

Any thoughts of Golgo 13 blu-ray set, Darker than Black, or Jormungand? Looking into my last RS purchase before the sale ends~
Golgo 13 is a decent show, though it doesn't top the 1983 anime film Golgo 13: The Professional. Still, the show stays true to the manga and it's nice to get a darker, adult themed anime in a sea of lighter fare that now dominates the market.

Surprised more people in the US aren't familiar with the character (aside from the weak NES game), considering it's one of the top best-selling manga of all time, not to mention the longest running.

Golgo 13 is a decent show, though it doesn't top the 1983 anime film Golgo 13: The Professional. Still, the show stays true to the manga and it's nice to get a darker, adult themed anime in a sea of lighter fare that now dominates the market.

Surprised more people in the US aren't familiar with the character (aside from the weak NES game), considering it's one of the top best-selling manga of all time, not to mention the longest running.
Yeah, I know the characters face and that it's the granddaddy of all "mature" anime (movies aside). My knowledge of anime before the 90's is pretty bad so I'm sure I missed a few classics.

Maybe Sentai is working on getting the first 2 seasons (a la Familiar of Zero)?

I'd say, if you like Hayate, support what's available (without caving to resellers of the Bandai season 1 discs).

I'm done shopping for the year, but hubby and I split a pretty big Right Stuf order. We have Nadesico and Haibane Renmei again! YAY! :D/

I'm hoping for a Discotek sale in Q1 2015 - sailor wants reasonably-priced Samurai Troopers and less-shelf-space-eating DNA2.

There's one on Amazon for $90, which I was really tempted to get. I spent around $120 for 1-7 (bought most during B1G1 deals at Fry's).

Good luck getting Part 8
Why would I need luck? All I have to do is get up and walk over to the shelf and open up the case. :D

All joking aside, I can't really recommend anyone paying that kind of money for volume 8. 1-7 is good, and it's not like you miss out on a series finale or anything.

I had no idea anybody picked up the rights to release more Hayate. I'm very excited, and I immediately preordered the blu ray.

Well placed my one and only order for the Rightstuf sale, wanted to wait til my next billing cycle before I placed an ordered.  Mainly just got some blu-ray upgrades for a few series I have,

Nadia Secret of the Blue Water

Patlabor TV Collection 3 & 4 (never finished collecting the TV series til now)

Patlabor OVA

Slayers Season 4-5 Anime Classic Set (still haven't even opened the dvd version I have of this, but it's the Slayers can't go wrong)

Wanted to grab a few more but money is really tight after the new TV last month and a few emergency vet visits.  I even postponed getting the 4th Ranma Set for a bit simply due to not having the funds.

Just opened my second rightstuf order. Half way through FLCL and I gotta say its some crazy shit. Not bad, just nuts.

I need advice. I want to buy Blood+ somehow.

Anyone know where to buy/what to look for?
Part 2 isn't too hard to find. Part 1 you are pretty much limited to ebay in hope for a decent price/paying a lot for it.

As for what to look for. Don't be fooled by complete sets on ebay. The only official sets that I know of are the part 1 and part 2 box sets that came with a shirt and hat. It was published by Sony so I do not really see us getting another set unless Aniplex decides they want to make some more money.

Another question. Does anyone know if there is any A/V quality differences between the Aniplex of America and Bandai Gurren Lagann sets?

Part 2 isn't too hard to find. Part 1 you are pretty much limited to ebay in hope for a decent price/paying a lot for it.

As for what to look for. Don't be fooled by complete sets on ebay. The only official sets that I know of are the part 1 and part 2 box sets that came with a shirt and hat. It was published by Sony so I do not really see us getting another set unless Aniplex decides they want to make some more money.

Another question. Does anyone know if there is any A/V quality differences between the Aniplex of America and Bandai Gurren Lagann sets?
I'd just recommend grabbing it from the UK. The Blu-ray set comes out to like 44 pounds shipped, which is a damn site better than the anal massacre that Aniplex is wreaking on the US haha.

Thanks for the info!

I guess I'll just keep an eye on ebay and hope something comes up.

Hi everyone, does anyone have feedback on the gundam uc Blu Rays? They seem pretty pricey on rightstuf do I was not sure if they are worth it?

Hi everyone, does anyone have feedback on the gundam uc Blu Rays? They seem pretty pricey on rightstuf do I was not sure if they are worth it?
Seeing how you can't even get Part 4 of the blu, I'd say avoid it, especially since all the other parts are expensive as hell as it is for just one OVA per blu.

If you just want the series, I'd say get the DVDs since Part 1-4 contains all 7 OVAs.

They're essentially imports so they start off in Japanese without subtitles. The price for them is way over priced for what they are. The video quality of DVDs is actually really good too and you can get all 4 sets of the DVDs for about the price of 2 of the Blurays. Plus you're supporting Rightstuf with the DVDs and here bringing us more Gundam next year.

Just when I was hoping to be done spending money... 

10% off In-stock items with NewYear15 on Rightstuf. Not a lot but is nice on some things when combined with GotAnime discount. Picked up Kite/Kite Liberator BD's for $11.99 each and the Hanasaku Iroha movie for $29.59 no tax :D

Just when I was hoping to be done spending money...

10% off In-stock items with NewYear15 on Rightstuf. Not a lot but is nice on some things when combined with GotAnime discount. Picked up Kite/Kite Liberator BD's for $11.99 each and the Hanasaku Iroha movie for $29.59 no tax :D
This sale is like one of the only times GotAnime actually stacks since the items that you can apply the clearance code on are the same ones you can use GotAnime discount on, or at least for the most part. XD

For those unfamiliar with these sales, if you are unable to checkout with the code, that means it did not work with the item(s) in your cart.

Just remember to watch out for these tags,

• Not Eligible For Coupon Discounts
  • Excluded from Membership Discounts
  • Excluded from Affiliate Commissions
Unfortunately, even some items that don't have these on the page are still not eligible for either the clearance discount or the GotAnime discount, so you will just have to go through trial and error with certain items. Not all GotAnime eligible items will work with the code either.

Basically, if you don't have GotAnime, these sales are rather dreadful.

Anyone enjoyed fist of the north star Legends of the dark king?I borrowed it from my bro but just could not bring myself to finish it I guess it was the animation and lack of kenshiro.

bread's done
Back