Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for dbz season 4 and 5 $20 or less. Wish amazon had price matched bbys sale on season 4 the other month.

I'd say Tokyo Magnitude, Fate/Stay Night, and Girls und Panzer are solid pickups.

Fate/Kaleid (magical girl version of Fate series) and Shigofumi are good to consider as well.

lets see

samurai bride trades in for $14 on amazon

fate stay is fun

tokyo magnitude is good for a single watch

personally I have problems resisting any anime series for under $10 that I don't own that is going for $30 or more on amazon... so I would buy most of them and then watch them and if I hate them just sell them >.>;

thus why I got

34f32d9c55.png
would have gotten glass as well but that one is in store only :(

Still waiting for dbz season 4 and 5 $20 or less. Wish amazon had price matched bbys sale on season 4 the other month.
I'm thinking they'll come down sooner or later. S1-3 did.

Fry's sale is too good. I just picked up Tokyo Magnitude, Girls Und Panzer, and Fate Kaleid

Anyone have an opinion on the certain magical index/scientific railgun series?
I prefer Railgun more then Index but they are both solid shows. I can't wait till my Railgun ships. I hope RS get it in early.

Man...the sales are always on DVD...gah. :( Need to give us some HD love please.

Looks like most titles are on backorder. I enjoyed Samurai Bride, it's well worth $6. Though I suggest seeing Samurai Girls first, since Bride is a direct-sequel.

They're both good series. Having watched the first season of Index and two seasons of Railgun, I like Index better. It has a better story and pacing.

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up FSN and Illya earlier when they were $8 a piece. Now I grabbed Samurai Bride, Girls und Panzer, and Towano Quon at $6 ea.

I only watched all of S1 of Index and a few episodes of the first Railgun series. I watched a few episodes of Index S2 back in like.... 2010? (has it really been that long??) It seems Index is much darker at times. Although I'm sure since Railgun has had a billion seasons that it's probably just like Index now without you know, Index.

I only watched all of S1 of Index and a few episodes of the first Railgun series. I watched a few episodes of Index S2 back in like.... 2010? (has it really been that long??) It seems Index is much darker at times. Although I'm sure since Railgun has had a billion seasons that it's probably just like Index now without you know, Index.
Railgun has a bit more moe and yuri in it and more goofy filler eps, but also gets dark at times (I have seen the first season of both)

and yes it doesn't have index in it.... but to be fair.... (index spoiler)
after the first half of index, index itself doesn't really have index in it, which is a good thing because she is a terrible character.

Second season of Railgun gets dark and slow. It's not a bad watch, but I missed the fun of the first season.

Railgun has a bit more moe and yuri in it and more goofy filler eps, but also gets dark at times (I have seen the first season of both)

and yes it doesn't have index in it.... but to be fair.... (index spoiler)
after the first half of index, index itself doesn't really have index in it, which is a good thing because she is a terrible character.
Can you say Little Sister episodes. haha Those got pretty dark.

Second season of Railgun gets dark and slow. It's not a bad watch, but I missed the fun of the first season.
I was seeing that as well. Still a good show imo. I'm sure Funi will nickel and dime us by releasing Railgun S as part 1 and 2....haha

Thanks. Picked up Girls und Panzer for $6 for the heck of it. Samurai Bride is fanservice fun, and they even dubbed the short OVAs. That one I wouldn't settle for only on DVD though and already have it on Blu-ray.

Forgot to tell anyone but huge Gundam fan and I saw 0083 Stardust on eBay Volume 4 for 15 bucks shipped. Seeing as this sells for more than quadruple I hopped on that real fast. Then I picked up 1-3 for about 25 bucks maybe less. Anyways, this was by far the hardest collection to come by for Gundam and am so glad its finished. Can't wait to display it with all my other stuff. Oh yeah and it had all the box art and even the little inserts with info about the UC Timeline which is pretty damn cool. Nevermind that the box art is reversible so you get some pretty sick cover art mainly of the fights

Forgot to tell anyone but huge Gundam fan and I saw 0083 Stardust on eBay Volume 4 for 15 bucks shipped. Seeing as this sells for more than quadruple I hopped on that real fast. Then I picked up 1-3 for about 25 bucks maybe less. Anyways, this was by far the hardest collection to come by for Gundam and am so glad its finished. Can't wait to display it with all my other stuff. Oh yeah and it had all the box art and even the little inserts with info about the UC Timeline which is pretty damn cool. Nevermind that the box art is reversible so you get some pretty sick cover art mainly of the fights
^^^ jflooooooooo?

don't know who that is. been eyeballing this forum and cag for a while just never made an account. i love me some gundam. first anime i ever watched. i started collecting it and trying to get every little volume has been an obsession in addition to just about everything else in the world anime wise. 

do you know of a good import website. i don't like using eBay very much. 

don't know who that is. been eyeballing this forum and cag for a while just never made an account. i love me some gundam. first anime i ever watched. i started collecting it and trying to get every little volume has been an obsession in addition to just about everything else in the world anime wise.

Sounds like you are jflo on a 2nd account. Especially since you pointed out eBay, lol. But hey, whatever. If not, cool. Play Asia has always been my favorite for importing games but the guys here probably know of some better sites for imported Blus/DVDs & figures.

Hey guys, so I ordered an Item on RS during the last day of the Christmas sale but it was backordered. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the item from the manufacturer (which is what it says on my order status)?

Hey guys, so I ordered an Item on RS during the last day of the Christmas sale but it was backordered. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the item from the manufacturer (which is what it says on my order status)?
Usually depends on the manufacturer though RS does partial ship once every two weeks. They are probably a bit backed up because of the holidays though

seh6p.gif

Ashlla, on 01 Jan 2015 - 9:53 PM, said:
I've watched them all and Index definitely stuck with me a bit more than Railgun. Neither are Code Geass quality or anything, but they are fun. I picked up S1 of Index and Railgun when they had those sales. Watched a couple of the Index episodes since I'm sick like a dog and enjoyed the quality.

Railgun kind of annoyed me (even if the main female has a cool as hell power that takes advantage of electricity like someone who has the power should), but index is a very fun show.

neoz son won the contest! :D

Congratulations to Landen M, whose Yeti Trap design was voted the best by our fans! Great job, Landen, and enjoy your grand prize of Toradora, Log Horizon Collection 1, and Cowboy Bebop!
Slightly off topic, but my son entered the Rightstuf Yeti Trap contest and was selected. If you guys don't mind please vote for him to help him win. :D

His name is Landen M. and he is entry number 1.

Here is the link for the vote.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H26M986

Thank you.

So I looked for a solid recommendations thread but didn't find anything maintained so I apologize if there is anything. I recently bought the Cowboy Bebop bluray set and it got me thinking I may enjoy getting back into some anime. Admittedly, I largely found myself dissapointed with everything I watched in the early 2000's (Trigun,  Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing, etc.) but  other than Cowboy Bebop there were a few shows I really loved (GITS: SAC, Raxephon, Neon Genesis (remakes), and obviously Samurai Champloo. My prioririties would be:

1. A good story and a good dub. I'm not dealing with subtitles.

2. Sci-Fi is preferred but fantasy and horror would be ok if no. 1 is still true.

2. HD if possible. If there's an older show in 4:3 sure but other than Bebop I doubt there's much from that era that I wouldn't know about.

3. A completed show if possible. 

Right now Attack on Titan looks like a great front runner but it also looks pricey and I'm not even sure if it's finished. Steins Gate looks good but I've seen some trailers/reviews that make it look a bit overrated. 

Please ignore or redirect to me a trusted place for ranking that clearly review the elements that are important to me (dub, picture quality) but if anyone has their top 5 that would be greatly appreciated.

So I looked for a solid recommendations thread but didn't find anything maintained so I apologize if there is anything. I recently bought the Cowboy Bebop bluray set and it got me thinking I may enjoy getting back into some anime. Admittedly, I largely found myself dissapointed with everything I watched in the early 2000's (Trigun, Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing, etc.) but other than Cowboy Bebop there were a few shows I really loved (GITS: SAC, Raxephon, Neon Genesis (remakes), and obviously Samurai Champloo. My prioririties would be:

2. Sci-Fi is preferred but fantasy and horror would be ok if no. 1 is still true.

2. HD if possible. If there's an older show in 4:3 sure but other than Bebop I doubt there's much from that era that I wouldn't know about.

Right now Attack on Titan looks like a great front runner but it also looks pricey and I'm not even sure if it's finished. Steins Gate looks good but I've seen some trailers/reviews that make it look a bit overrated.

Please ignore or redirect to me a trusted place for ranking that clearly review the elements that are important to me (dub, picture quality) but if anyone has their top 5 that would be greatly appreciated.
-Kino's Journey

-Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo

-Serial Experiments Lain

-Texhnolyze

Check those out if you haven't.

So I looked for a solid recommendations thread but didn't find anything maintained so I apologize if there is anything. I recently bought the Cowboy Bebop bluray set and it got me thinking I may enjoy getting back into some anime. Admittedly, I largely found myself dissapointed with everything I watched in the early 2000's (Trigun, Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing, etc.) but other than Cowboy Bebop there were a few shows I really loved (GITS: SAC, Raxephon, Neon Genesis (remakes), and obviously Samurai Champloo. My prioririties would be:

Attack on Titan - Its not finished yet per say but the dub is caught up to the Japanese release of the anime.

Black Lagoon - Plenty of guns, action and has a great dub. It is kinda like watching a hollywood movie in anime form.

Psycho Pass - Has a pretty decent dub and is a great recent sci-fi series. If you enoyed GITS you would probably like this (on netflix)

Hellsing Ultimate - Like Hellsing, but without the disappointment. This was something that was redone properly

FMA: Brotherhood - Like Hellsing Ultimate, but the original wasn't as bad. commonly considered god-tier anime. (mostly on netflix)

I PM'd you and I agree with most of the shows recommend so far.

Knights of Sidonia is another one I recommend.

neoz son won the contest! :D
Thanks for everyone that voted here for him. I'm interested to see the results. :)

Anyone try out the Funi app on ps3 yet? I have been debating getting a Funi sub for awhile now since the Hulu+ I have been leeching has ads though they tend to get most of the Funi exclusive stuff.

How is the Funi app for content? I'm getting tired of all the subbed stuff on Hulu.
it has most of the funimation releases, and some of the simulcasts per season... though they seem to be snagging more of those with each passing season and have started dubbing some series very shortly after they air in japan.

Since we are on the topic.. what is the difference between the free and $9.99 Funimation app for iPad?

EDIT: Ok, it seems the free app only has promotional episodes, trailers, etc. However, this still doesn't really tell me if you need a subscription with the $9.99 app. My assumption would be that you still need a sub to view all the episodes.. and if so, wow that is steep to just download the app. Most of the app reviews didn't sound positive either.

I don't about the PS3 but I can tell you the interface on the 360 is terrible sometimes.

I noticed that if you are looking through the shows via A-Z if you add one into your list. After doing that instead of keeping your place it will take you all the way back to A. So you have to scroll all the way back to what you were looking at.

Other then that, playback is decent.

The $10 they want for it isn't worth it imo. But I guess that is better then Hulu and it's commericals.

Hulu is pretty garbage anyway. A few episodes dubbed and then the rest subbed. Or half of season.

I would rate the streaming services.

1. Crunchy Roll

2. Netflix/Funimation

3. Hulu

Since we are on the topic.. what is the difference between the free and $9.99 Funimation app for iPad?

EDIT: Ok, it seems the free app only has promotional episodes, trailers, etc. However, this still doesn't really tell me if you need a subscription with the $9.99 app. My assumption would be that you still need a sub to view all the episodes.. and if so, wow that is steep to just download the app. Most of the app reviews didn't sound positive either.
This is why I didn't download the iPad app when I had elite. Like I paid for the sub, why do I need to pay for the app? Doesn't make much sense since literally every other major streaming service has free mobile apps.

bread's done
Back