Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on how much you paid for those Fairy Tail sets, I'd actually consider just replacing the plastic cases. The paper cover tear stinks, but since the slipcovers look good it'd be less noticeable.

You might even start with Funimation themselves to see if they'd sell you the actual cases they use on them.

Depending on how much you paid for those Fairy Tail sets, I'd actually consider just replacing the plastic cases. The paper cover tear stinks, but since the slipcovers look good it'd be less noticeable.

You might even start with Funimation themselves to see if they'd sell you the actual cases they use on them.
Funi won't. I have tried many times and never once got a answer back from them.

No worries i sold part 1, am keeping 2. And 3 n 4 are up for grabs

Amen. Well, Id also like them to announce Parasyte and Tokyo Ghoul but mostly just Code Geass
Did they license Parasyte?

I'm guessing Tokyo Ghoul S1 will probably have screenings in the Spring then be released in the summer. S2 will probably be Spring 2016 (just by Funimation's current way of doing things). Code Geass and the crapton of Haruhi that Funi got from Bandai may have a certain date on where they have to wait before they do a physical release. I wouldn't be surprised to see streams of everything by the summer.

Did they license Parasyte?

I'm guessing Tokyo Ghoul S1 will probably have screenings in the Spring then be released in the summer. S2 will probably be Spring 2016 (just by Funimation's current way of doing things). Code Geass and the crapton of Haruhi that Funi got from Bandai may have a certain date on where they have to wait before they do a physical release. I wouldn't be surprised to see streams of everything by the summer.
They don't have Parasyte yet. Am hoping they get around too Outlaw Star on blu-ray.

Brother, you and me both.
I don't think Japan ever did a HD remaster so that means Funimation might do one themselves. Or it could just be like the original Hellsing anime and instantly go on DVD via the Anime Classics line.

I don't think Japan ever did a HD remaster so that means Funimation might do one themselves. Or it could just be like the original Hellsing anime and instantly go on DVD via the Anime Classics line.
Well, I've had the perfect collection dvds since I was a kid so a dvd re-release is not that interesting for me but apparently, a bluray collection using the original 35mm high quality scan was released this past october in japan.

Well, I've had the perfect collection dvds since I was a kid so a dvd re-release is not that interesting for me but apparently, a bluray collection using the original 35mm high quality scan was released this past october in japan.
I checked early last year so that is news to me, awesome! I sold my Bandai version off but the DVD master Bandai had looked terrible. Last I heard is that a DVD remaster hit Japan & the UK but I'm glad that it finally hit Blu!

1) Shoutout to Froz for selling me his copy of Fairy Tail Part 1--You're the man 

2) Shoutout to Amazon for having Fairy Tail Part 2 for 5 bucks--Hopefully it has everything

3) If you bought Glass Maiden and or Unlimited Blade Works from the Fry's sale then the items have gone into stock and your order should be fulfilled very soon

4) Outlaw Star on Blu-Ray yes please or at least Anime Legends. Although finding a complete set of the 3 dvds is really easy. 

5) The latest Naruto arc sucks...Just finish the damn anime already. No one cares about Chunin exams when Naruto is on the verge of death. Eerie feeling that the final arc will be just 10 episodes and boom series over. 

I just watched Love Lab and I love it. Wanna get it on bluray. Looks like I just missed it in the rightstuf sale for $24. It wouldn't happen to be on sale anywhere else? Guess I'll just wait for next rightstuf holiday sale.

Appreciate it. But bleh. Used and barely lower than the price at rightstuf and amazon($36). I'll probably just wait till the holiday sale. Maybe non non biyori will go down to $25 then too and I can pick them up together.
well if gohastings does get another 25% off coupon you'll be able to match the rightstuf sale.

Appreciate it. But bleh. Used and barely lower than the price at rightstuf and amazon($36). I'll probably just wait till the holiday sale. Maybe non non biyori will go down to $25 then too and I can pick them up together.
Yeah I was pretty happy when it came up on the Holiday sale I picked it up along with KinMoza as well. I crap out and got Non Non when it was $35 because it was such a funny show. I think it'll probably be on sale next year. Either part of a Wave or during the Mega Deals.

The 1 year sub to Shonen Jump is on sale for $19.99.  They're also having the next few issues available for free, so you can try before you buy.

Whenever someone says DMC I always think of Devil May Cry not Detroit Metal City. Both really good. DMC also had an anime. It's on SAVE. Let's just say the games are better.

Can we all agree that the first 3 seasons of Bleach are amazing and essentially everything after ceases to exist. I mean the Bounts was bad and then filler happened. 

I honestly like the "filler" more because there's a beginning, middle, and end to those stories. The Soul Realm stuff bores me so much; yet when Soul Society characters visit the living world (i.e. Bleach Movie 1) I tend to like it more. There are so many characters in the show to the point where I feel like I need a map to understand them all.

UGGH! JUST PUMP IT TO MY VEINS!!! :D
hqdefault.jpg

Can we all agree that the first 3 seasons of Bleach are amazing and essentially everything after ceases to exist. I mean the Bounts was bad and then filler happened.
First 3 seasons? I recall the Bount arc being around episode 60. Wouldn't that make it either Season 2 or Season 3?

I honestly like the "filler" more because there's a beginning, middle, and end to those stories. The Soul Realm stuff bores me so much; yet when Soul Society characters visit the living world (i.e. Bleach Movie 1) I tend to like it more. There are so many characters in the show to the point where I feel like I need a map to understand them all.
There's not that many compared to most long-running shounen.... ok, maybe there are. Like 30 Shinigami, 5 humans, 1 Quincy, 10 Espada, 2 former captains, 1 former Espada, 8 Visored, and like a handful of henchmen. Without all the Shinigami, it's a very reasonable amount of characters.

That's like everyone remotely important in 400+ chapters. Not really that bad.

1) Shoutout to Froz for selling me his copy of Fairy Tail Part 1--You're the man

2) Shoutout to Amazon for having Fairy Tail Part 2 for 5 bucks--Hopefully it has everything

3) If you bought Glass Maiden and or Unlimited Blade Works from the Fry's sale then the items have gone into stock and your order should be fulfilled very soon

4) Outlaw Star on Blu-Ray yes please or at least Anime Legends. Although finding a complete set of the 3 dvds is really easy.

5) The latest Naruto arc sucks...Just finish the damn anime already. No one cares about Chunin exams when Naruto is on the verge of death. Eerie feeling that the final arc will be just 10 episodes and boom series over.
I love Fairy Tail and Naruto. I've watched up to episode 164 on the FUNimation English dubbed version of Fairy Tail.

I have watched all of Naruto (dunned), and am up to episode 274 of the Shippuden series.

Two great ongoing animes that I would recommend to anyone, three counting the (complete) Naruto series.

5 bucks for part 2 of Fairy Tail was a great find by the way.

Speaking of stupid filler, One piece was just about to start the real fights in the CP9 arc, and we of course had 3 episodes of background for Nico Robin, followed by 6... episodes... of telling us about the other crew members' backgrounds, followed by 6 more goddamn episodes of telling us all the same shit that JUST HAPPENED 20 fuckING EPISODES AGO.  I imagine that the people that bought these episodes on dvd were really pissed to find nothing but shit we've seen before or seen recently on that release.

Also, weren't nearly 100 episodes of naruto nothing but filler?

Speaking of stupid filler, One piece was just about to start the real fights in the CP9 arc, and we of course had 3 episodes of background for Nico Robin, followed by 6... episodes... of telling us about the other crew members' backgrounds, followed by 6 more goddamn episodes of telling us all the same shit that JUST HAPPENED 20 fuckING EPISODES AGO. I imagine that the people that bought these episodes on dvd were really pissed to find nothing but shit we've seen before or seen recently on that release.

Yes, there was an enormous amount of filler in naruto during the waiting period to transition into shippuuden. Wasn't all bad though.

Edit: So I know that anime is an OVA based on the Gundam Origins manga. Has anyone read it? Any good?

Speaking of stupid filler, One piece was just about to start the real fights in the CP9 arc, and we of course had 3 episodes of background for Nico Robin, followed by 6... episodes... of telling us about the other crew members' backgrounds, followed by 6 more goddamn episodes of telling us all the same shit that JUST HAPPENED 20 fuckING EPISODES AGO. I imagine that the people that bought these episodes on dvd were really pissed to find nothing but shit we've seen before or seen recently on that release.

Yeah those recap episodes during Enis Lobby arc are awful and such a waste of time. Kind of annoyed that Funimation decided to include them on the dvds. Are you complaining about the flashback episodes for Nico Robin too though? I thought they were incredible and it was long overdue to see background on her.

Yes. We need more Gundam.
We all do. Hopefully the price is fair, not keeping my hopes up too high though. Poor wallet.

Yes, there was an enormous amount of filler in naruto during the waiting period to transition into shippuuden. Wasn't all bad though.

Edit: So I know that anime is an OVA based on the Gundam Origins manga. Has anyone read it? Any good?
Haven't read them yet, but the artwork looks incredible every time I flip through it at Barnes and Noble. I've heard great things about it though. Still holding off buying them because I'm strapped for cash at the moment. Each US volume is $30 msrp.

^Considering it's an OVA,I'm pretty sure Bandai is going to go do the same thing they did with the Unicorn blu-rays.

Gundam: The Origin is excellent. Way better version of the original show. Get it when vertical has sale(or when Amazon has a book coupon).

From what I have read the later arcs of Naruto Shippuden have little filler. Although I believe like 35 or 40% of Shippuden will be filler when it is all said and done.

I'm about done watching the entire Trigun series. Way better then what I gave it credit for when I started it.

Ha, if Funimation removed episodes from their One Piece sets, people would be even more up in arms than having to pay good money for useless filler!  That's the way it works...

That's one of the reasons I stopped getting One Piece.  I'll never watch it again, as I stated before, because who has the time to watch all of it?  Even if I do get around to it, it'll be in ultra special editions by that time anyway, and I already bought the initial arc multiple times.  I should've learned my lesson with how many times I bought Dragonball Z.

I was more complaining about the timing of Robin's background, if I was complaining about it at all, I more used it as a framing for the shitty ass timing of the ridiculous amounts of flashbacks that followed the Robin backstory.  I loved the story, I just think it would've been a better time to do it during the race to Enie's lobby.

First 3 seasons? I recall the Bount arc being around episode 60. Wouldn't that make it either Season 2 or Season 3?

There's not that many compared to most long-running shounen.... ok, maybe there are. Like 30 Shinigami, 5 humans, 1 Quincy, 10 Espada, 2 former captains, 1 former Espada, 8 Visored, and like a handful of henchmen. Without all the Shinigami, it's a very reasonable amount of characters.

That's like everyone remotely important in 400+ chapters. Not really that bad.
Bount Arc is Season 4 and 4.5 since it ws broken up. After that it was Season 5 and then they went to the 13 episode sets for all of eternity

I love Fairy Tail and Naruto. I've watched up to episode 164 on the FUNimation English dubbed version of Fairy Tail.

I have watched all of Naruto (dunned), and am up to episode 274 of the Shippuden series.

Two great ongoing animes that I would recommend to anyone, three counting the (complete) Naruto series.

5 bucks for part 2 of Fairy Tail was a great find by the way.
Shippuden has filler every other arc.

^Considering it's an OVA,I'm pretty sure Bandai is going to go do the same thing they did with the Unicorn blu-rays.

Gundam: The Origin is excellent. Way better version of the original show. Get it when vertical has sale(or when Amazon has a book coupon).
I complete agree about the manga. I'm 5 or 6 volumes in and develops the character much better and gives some awesome insight into Char in particular.

Same. But the current run with the chunin exams is atrocious. Oh Naruto is dying. Let's cut to filler. Hopefully the series picks up when the game is releasing 

Same. But the current run with the chunin exams is atrocious. Oh Naruto is dying. Let's cut to filler. Hopefully the series picks up when the game is releasing
Think that is bad? Lol wait till you get towards the end...and it seems llike the whole "pointless flashback of 2 minutes ago" just gets worse as they go on so they can pad the showtimes

There's been worse filler but this just takes the cake for all new levels of stupid. Oh the Manga is over. Well fuck you because we're not gonna animate it anytime soon maybe until 2016. Here's some filler until then. While the Dubbed release is like 200 episodes behind. \

One Piece 1-3 came in. Reeks of smoke. Security tag bothers me a lot but slips are nice. I think Froz and I have bad luck. Case on set 1 is trashed bad. Overpaid for shipping. 9 bucks. Was supposed to get 4 back but seller hasn't responded. Don't know what to do. I want to keep it but jesus these things are not like new. Would've been nice for a warning about the smoke, security tags or trashed dvd case. Probably just gonna slam him in the review and maybe eBay will step in and give me a partial refund. Then again so much hassle for a minor annoyance. Febreeze better come through

There's been worse filler but this just takes the cake for all new levels of stupid. Oh the Manga is over. Well fuck you because we're not gonna animate it anytime soon maybe until 2016. Here's some filler until then. While the Dubbed release is like 200 episodes behind. \

One Piece 1-3 came in. Reeks of smoke. Security tag bothers me a lot but slips are nice. I think Froz and I have bad luck. Case on set 1 is trashed bad. Overpaid for shipping. 9 bucks. Was supposed to get 4 back but seller hasn't responded. Don't know what to do. I want to keep it but jesus these things are not like new. Would've been nice for a warning about the smoke, security tags or trashed dvd case. Probably just gonna slam him in the review and maybe eBay will step in and give me a partial refund. Then again so much hassle for a minor annoyance. Febreeze better come through
if he put it up like new and he gave you garbage condition you better get ebay involved. just put a claim in online and i bet you he responds

Shonen Jump is running a promotion for 10 dollars off their subscription with code WSJ03. The email says this brings the price down to 15.99 (25.99-10 promo) HOWEVER the price on the website without the code is 19.99 and with the code 12 months is only 9.99! Verified by purchasing an extension to my current subscription

if he put it up like new and he gave you garbage condition you better get ebay involved. just put a claim in online and i bet you he responds
i know but i've gone through so much ebay hassle before that i think i might get my seller and buyer id revoked. that's my fear. the pictures made it look pristine but it was just the slipcases. the things smell like smoke and there was never a disclaimer otherwise i wouldn't have bought them. set 1's case is missing a huge piece of plastic from it almost like froz's. then i overpaid for shipping. 9 for expedited (2 day priority mail) and it came in like 3-4 days. i don't know how to articulate the last part. we agreed to 35. he was gonna refund me the 4 bucks. now i feel like a fool with nowhere to go

edit: nevermind taht this dude is completely dodging everything. oh i sent you the 4 dollars. like really man i'd get an email if you did. this one takes the cake when he said he smokes but outside. really man smoke lingers and stains no matter where you do it. too bad virtual scratch and sniff doesn't work otherwise ebay would be on my side with that one.

bread's done
Back