Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
That's normal. Typically it takes them like a week to process, and then another week to actually ship it out, and if anything is backordered, oh boy, get ready for a long wait my friend. T___T
Yeah it just processed and shipped after I ordered it last week. Luckily it wasn't on backorder. Fairy Tail Part 3 that is. Still that was a long time and idk when it'll get here but when it does you best bet I'll be watching.

Fairy Tail is as awesome as I thought it'd be

should've got the artbox with the original geneon dvds. i'm trying to hunt one of those down. might get a custom replica.
Naw, its nothing special. I have a sealed limited edition with mousepad that I've been trying to get rid of for months but I've been forgetting to relist it on eBay lol. Go with the bluray

Been far too long since a MovieStop run. Picked up Senran Kagura, Certain Magical Index S1, High School DxD S1, Summer Wars, Pokemon Movie 1, Fairy Tail Part 14, Pretear Volume 4, Aika R-16, and Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy (which is so rare I had never heard of it, apparently released by Bandai) all for ~$120

I am up to session 9, I think, of Cowboy Bebop. The episode "Jamming with Edward".

The show has grown on me. I remember seeing it years ago, and even now, on Toonami aka Adult Swim but never gave it a proper go until now.

Good animation, good voice actors and good stories.

I am watching it via stream. What are the bonus feature like on the disc set?

I am up to session 9, I think, of Cowboy Bebop. The episode "Jamming with Edward".

The show has grown on me. I remember seeing it years ago, and even now, on Toonami aka Adult Swim but never gave it a proper go until now.

There is a streaming service that has the remastered edition already? Which is it?

I have yet to this anime even though I own the remix version but I intend to watch it as soon as I get the blu version.

They probably made an exception for this one, especially since it's pretty much a selling point to get people to sign up for the service. ;P
Completely agree, they've been pushing it over the past few months. Their website could use a little polishing though.

Completely agree, they've been pushing it over the past few months. Their website could use a little polishing though.
I just signed up for their streaming myself though it will probably be a few months to get theit stuff together. Their web site is janky at times though the 360 app is pretty awesome. The phone apps are terrible but work and the ps3 app is worse atm. They are working on a ps4/updated ps3 app that should match the 360 app and hopefully be released soon.

If you like dubs though, Funi has the largest library by far.

I wasn't aware they put their new stuff on so quickly after they released them. The Blu is well worth purchasing though.
a lot of times the dubs of shows they are releasing get up on funimation's streaming service before the dvds are even released. typically by 2-3 weeks.

I have yet to this anime even though I own the remix version but I intend to watch it as soon as I get the blu version.
When I was younger I didn't give it a chance, but it's actually really good. For it to be a single season show the characters grow on you fast it seems. I'm digging it.

I wish I was able to watch the Blu-Ray streams. It's only 720p, if I am lucky, but it's free so I can't complain. I use a site called Kissanime because it has less pop ups for non premium members it seems.

I would like to snag the Blu disc set but can't at the moment because of financial reasons.

Does anyone know if Voices from a distant star will eventually get a Bluray release? I was initially looking for a DVD copy but can't seem to find any other-than on ebay. I really enjoyed that movie years ago and after watching interstellar I feel the need to watch it again. Thanks.

Sorry for quoting some old posts.

Non Non Biyori preorder was $26.66 at Deepdiscount, btw. Too late now, but it was mentioned here. I know Square got it, and I did.
Well shit. I should check this thread more often.

Mine is in the shipping status as well. Probably won't get it till Wednesday though. And agreed $20 is a steal.

Today's pickups.

Got this on ebay for $35 not as cheap as $13.
What do you mean by "not as cheap as $13"? Was Highschool boys ever $13?

Anyone else disappointed with the numbering on the Chu-2 box sets? (Its just a sticker)

Also I ended up picking up a new copy of love lab and love election chocolate on ebay for around $20 each. (now I will have 2 copys of love lab lol)
Ah, all I see are $40~ish for love labs. I guess I can wait till holiday sale to pick it up.

About Chuuni, did they keep the slayers reference?

Got an e-mail from Frys about my Girls und Panzer order for $6.00 saying it's still out of stock and it has an indefinite ship date.
DVD? That's a damn good price. Already have it but been thinking of getting it on bluray at some point. I wish sentai releases an unedited version but that's probably not gonna happen.

What do you mean by "not as cheap as $13"? Was Highschool boys ever $13?
he was referring to me i linked him to a seller who was selling high school boys, luckily i got mine for 13.

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East - Season 2 blu auction at 14.50 right now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111581471887?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

also for anyone one who wants to add to their gundam collection

http://www.ebay.com/sch/DVDs-Movies-/11232/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=yoruichi_neko

Let's avoid the ebay links unless it's from a seller that has more than one of each to sell, and definitely avoid ones that you have to actually bid on. ;P

What was the price of Madoka Magica limited edition blu ray box set 1 when it was released? A friend of my brother is his selling his for $60 in like new condition, is it worth it?

What was the price of Madoka Magica limited edition blu ray box set 1 when it was released? A friend of my brother is his selling his for $60 in like new condition, is it worth it?
I would say well worth it. I have been hunting down a set off and on for awhile and can never find them at a reasonable price.

Does anyone know if Voices from a distant star will eventually get a Bluray release? I was initially looking for a DVD copy but can't seem to find any other-than on ebay. I really enjoyed that movie years ago and after watching interstellar I feel the need to watch it again. Thanks.
No word on a blu-ray release. At least from what what I know. Its available for streaming on Crunchyroll though.

You can import the UK release, which should be out March of this year: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Place-Promised-Voices-Distant-Blu-Ray/dp/B00CDKFQGI/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1370531659&sr=1-1&keywords=the+place+promised+in+our+early+days

Might be the only way to get it on Blu-Ray as I don't think a US Blu release is in the works. Not sure if it'll be region locked, though.

Second Spin has 2 sales going on now:

20% Off + Free Shipping - SEATTLE20 or NEWENGLAND20

30% Off - SEATTLE30 or NEWENGLAND30

Works today only

So I finally got around to watching Steins;Gate. Yeah, wow... the hype was not an exaggeration there. My all time favorites list has a happy new member.

So I finally got around to watching Steins;Gate. Yeah, wow... the hype was not an exaggeration there. My all time favorites list has a happy new member.
Good to know it lives up to the hype. I bought it at release for about $30 but haven't been able to get around. Hopefully soon though.

I took a look at those Valentine's Day sale items Right Stuf has listed.  Everything is the same price that they normally are in the store.  (Well, at least what they are during studio sales)  It appears as though their sale is really more of a suggested viewing page. 

I was really hoping for an extra 10% when I saw both Nyaruko sets listed.

Picked this up for $15 with Amazon's sale, combined with a gift card. I've been sitting on it, but this will motivate me to watch the series next, after I finish up Basilisk.

I'm with all of you on Steins Gate. Got it for Christmas for sub 30 and it silently sits there on my shelf still sealed in shrinkwrap. The love for Fairy Tail is too much right now

Yeah, Steins;Gate needs to be watched. I've seen a lot of series that I really enjoyed, but my favorites list has managed to stay at around 4-5 series, so I don't just lightly say that S;G smashed its way in there. What was a really pleasant surprise is that the voice acting was among the strongest aspects of the show. Anime voice acting--in English, that is--has been pretty damn good for quite a while now, but it's always nice to watch something where it just goes above and beyond.

Hastings is having a 30% Off Used sale with the code GROUNDHOG.

There are a decent amount of anime Blus there, but if you don't mind DVD the selection is a bit better.

bread's done
Back