Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Aniplex really wants your money. :p
Lies.

They want me to spend lots of my money.

If they wanted my money they would release reasonably priced sets (i'm not even talking funimation/sentai cheap but less than $100 for a 24-26 episode series a few years after it's original release) which then they would actually get some of my money. Instead I just pretend anything they release never got licensed.

Thanks Squarehard for the head's up on the DD sale. Probably going to pick up some Eastern Star stuff since I think it comes out cheaper than a RS studio sale.

I have a copy of When They Cry (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni) Complete 6 Disc  DVD set (2009 Geneon) 

I know what its worth but ebay hasnt worked out. So PM me if interested, and I can link to pictures.

Sentai Filmworks licenses Vampire Hunter D anime film

North American anime distributor Sentai Filmworks announced on Thursday that it has licensed the 1985 anime film Vampire Hunter D. The company plans to release the film digitally and on home video.

Discotek announced in February that it licensed the follow-up film Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

Streamline Pictures and Urban Vision both previously released the Vampire Hunter D anime in North America, while Urban Vision also released Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

Dark Horse Comics has been releasing Hideyuki Kikuchi's original Vampire Hunter D novels in North America, and Digital Manga Publishing is releasing a manga version by Saiko Takaki.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-16/sentai-filmworks-licenses-vampire-hunter-d-anime-film/.87197

Credit to varmintx for the heads up

sentai should get both vampire hunter d and put both in one collection. hope discotek have both japan/english dub track and english sub as well and extra.

sentai should get both vampire hunter d and put both in one collection. hope discotek have both japan/english dub track and english sub as well and extra.
^THIS. I'm not really interested in the first Vampire Hunter D and would never buy it separately, but I would be willing to pay more for the second one if both films came in one collection. And agree about the language options too, particularly the dub.

My DD order I made 4/15 shipped out on 4/16 at around noon.

Seeing how this is DD, my mind is blown...
I remember the good old days when DD sent out stuff so early that I got preorders before street date. That was well over ten years ago... Placed my order this morning and I'll be shocked if I get it by next week. Looks like they don't ship to Hawaii for free anymore since I had to pay expedited shipping. It still was cheaper than a RS studio sale so I'm content. Can't wait to finally own Flame of Recca on DVD after holding out for a collection from Viz years back.

Placed a DD order for Korra S2 and S4, weird that S3 was not on sale.  Also grabbed Outbreak Company but it's on back order, we'll see how long it takes to ship out.

Placed a DD order for Korra S2 and S4, weird that S3 was not on sale. Also grabbed Outbreak Company but it's on back order, we'll see how long it takes to ship out.
One of my titles was on backorder too, which was why it was surprising my ordered shipped that quick with that title included too, lol.

One of my titles was on backorder too, which was why it was surprising my ordered shipped that quick with that title included too, lol.
Same I also ordered outbreak company and say I love you from deepdiscount.com hopefully it ships out by next week. Dvdplanet.com also has qwaser of stigmata shipping to me but its also on backorder ugh.

Just an fyi, DD is giving an extra 15% off sale that stacks with its current anime sale, so this might be a good time to pick up some Eastern Star titles since there's a lot of those in the current sale. There are also some Sentai titles worth looking into as a part of the sale that you'd want to stack the code on.

Here's are the items on sale,

http://www.deepdiscount.com/asian-film-sale/b138141#!?pagenum=1&sortby=PriceLowHigh

and you can sort by DVD and blu-ray on the left side. *note, the sale is not just for anime, so there's a lot of Asian titles mixed in, along with some other questionable Asian titles mixed in...you'll see... ~_~*

Code: FREEMONEY

Expires: 4/17/15 @ Noon CST

Happy hunting.
Awww....I just missed this. Maybe it's for the best. A lot of the stuff was backordered anyway. I can wait.

What?! Mirai Nikki is coming out on Blu?! I'm stoked! I had no idea Funi was going to release it on Blu. Now if only Aniplex would change their mind about DVD only releases for some of their titles...

I wish more anime companies were like Discotek, or rightstuf and release more great classic animes.  Tired of of the MOE, ECCHI crap that american dvd companies think is popular and sells instead getting animes with real storylines and characters.

Got a few of those in my blind box today as well. Code 7 Victim 5 is a bit amusing. The front cover makes it seem like a knockoff Bond movie, but the back cover has a picture of 4 safari-clad people carrying a bloody grad girl Photos hopped in front of a stock picture of elephants as the description talks about how Detective Steve Martin is investigating the murder of a millionaire's butler in southern Africa.

Looking at all of my April fools blind box stuff that I got today... They had Genenon and Pioneer in the back... So I'm assuming it's the crap they still have from them that aren't anime stuff

Aside from Zavvi and Amazon uk, what are some other UK sites to import Anime from? Looking to buy every mongatari series, Amazon is charging too much and Zavvi is missing some.

[attachment=13969:DSCF1398.jpg]

Received my Gundam: The Origin CE from Righstuf today. Well, actually, it arrived at my PO Box on Saturday--but I picked it up this afternoon. All I can say is, wow--it was worth every penny. The retro laserdisc packaging is fantastic. Can't wait to watch this. 

While the CE already came in a well-packed carboard storage box, Rightstuf also did an amazing job packing it beyond that. It looks flawless--plus it arrived three times faster than expected!

For anyone that can't/wont pay the high sticker price for gundam the origin 1 you can stream it off the daisuki website for 6.99. Haven't done it, so can't vouch for the quality.

Edit: Also on google play for 7.99

Just a FYI for those that ordered Super Sonico blu ray from RS. Looks like they are shipping. I just got the conformation number that mine has shipped.

Just a FYI for those that ordered Super Sonico blu ray from RS. Looks like they are shipping. I just got the conformation number that mine has shipped.
Same here looks like it'll be here Thursday I kinda wish they would let me know when they take the money out. I only knew because I got an alert from my bank for low funds haha

Snagged The World God Only Knows S3 for < $30 shipped on backorder from DD during their sale and it actually shipped pretty quickly. Let's see how long it takes to arrive. Pretty happy getting it at that price.

If anyone is curious about the release status of Evangelion 3.33 Funimation tweeted an update a couple weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/585777013333565440

bread's done
Back