Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Found berserk the golden age arc 1,2 & 3 on blu ray for $9.99 each at a local Walmart
And bleach hell verse and fade to black on blu ray for $9.99 each.

Did RS raise the price on Sentai stuff? Use to be $35.99 for Sub only and $41.99 for Dub. Now it's $38.99 for Sub only and $44.99 for Dub

They were part of the weekly sales, so that's why they were that low.

Things are almost always on the weekly sales, but during the short periods of time when they're not, they aren't as cheap.

It'd be kind of weird for Sentai to release the second season of Chunibyo on DVD only after I ended up getting the first season's LE for ~$55. :???:

It'd be kind of weird for Sentai to release the second season of Chunibyo on DVD only after I ended up getting the first season's LE for ~$55. :???:
Someone from another forum said that Kawaii Complex, Chu2, and Sakura Trick were all licensed by TBS, which means a longer hold back period on BD releases here. Probably the same reason we are still waiting on Tamako Market and K-On blu-rays.

If anyone is curious about the release status of Evangelion 3.33 Funimation tweeted an update a couple weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/585777013333565440
:lol:

Also, darn. Hayate is Sub Only? Oh well. I'm down.

Do you really expect dubs for a 52 episode anime that's full of references?
Kodocha, and Excel Saga were chock full of references, and both received dubs. The Bandai release had no dub, but if they would have dubbed it, they should do a pop-up video style thing like they did for Excel Saga.

So I was browsing for Anohana, saw how overpriced it was and was trying to find stock at random websites. Then I saw who made it....went to their website, realized how many great anime they have hiding behind a ginormous pay wall and wept inside a little. Some amazing shows that 95% of America will never see because of that pay wall. They would make DBZ-style money if they would make them more affordable for this market and threw them into retail stores. Don't understand them.

Makes me realize I'll never get Toradora, Kimi ni Todoke, Pandora Hearts, House of Five Leaves, Bunny Drop, or Anohana. Not to mention the other anime that's good, but not premium pricing good in their store. *sigh* There ever any sales on their stuff? Maybe through rightstuf? Want to snag some of these this year but....those prices are lethal.

So I was browsing for Anohana, saw how overpriced it was and was trying to find stock at random websites. Then I saw who made it....went to their website, realized how many great anime they have hiding behind a ginormous pay wall and wept inside a little. Some amazing shows that 95% of America will never see because of that pay wall. They would make DBZ-style money if they would make them more affordable for this market and threw them into retail stores. Don't understand them.

Makes me realize I'll never get Toradora, Kimi ni Todoke, Pandora Hearts, House of Five Leaves, Bunny Drop, or Anohana. Not to mention the other anime that's good, but not premium pricing good in their store. *sigh* There ever any sales on their stuff? Maybe through rightstuf? Want to snag some of these this year but....those prices are lethal.
Rightstuf had a NISA sale once... It had some good things like Catgod PE for $30. Also they have a sale during Black Friday on their online store... But they don't have regular sales on rightstuf and NISA store.

I love the way they release things. Their premium editions are top quality. They have reasonable prices. But their standard editions aren't worth the price since the premium editions retailed for $10 more... So id buy the premiums first. But at least they include a leaflet with the SE as Funimation or Sentai doesn't do it...

Also, darn. Hayate is Sub Only? Oh well. I'm down.
There does exist an English dub of Hayate. They don't sell it though. It was broadcast in another country. While they didn't try to match the translation to lip movement, the voices are decent. You should be able to find some episodes on YouTube.

The anime is ok, but the manga is outstanding! One of my favorites.

As if you needed more proof RightStuf's two Bargin Blind Box deals were junk, I traded in both my Pi Day and April Fool's Day boxes to Movie Stop and didn't even get enough to cover the April Fool's Day box. Oy.

I ended up grabbing Yuri Yuri S1 for $49 (Got Anime discount) from RS. It was close to be sold out and I panicked (I was hoping for a sale).

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f311XTtqPgc[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9qmY6TiiCs[/media]

Action Bastard is played by Troy Baker.

I'm still working on shin chan. I am on the last disc of season 1. I took a break to re-watch Wilfred Season 1 and I also went back to bleach to try to finish the waco mundo storyline-what is up with all of those recaps, it's like DBZ all over again. I was happy to hear Asian Kung-Fu Generation doing one of the intros. I wish I could find their CDs without having to go to a convention.

EDIT: Did the same studio that did GTOs 1st opening, do the bleach 7th opening? The B&W  character movement reminded me of it.

I'm still working on shin chan. I am on the last disc of season 1. I took a break to re-watch Wilfred Season 1 and I also went back to bleach to try to finish the waco mundo storyline-what is up with all of those recaps, it's like DBZ all over again. I was happy to hear Asian Kung-Fu Generation doing one of the intros. I wish I could find their CDs without having to go to a convention.
Amazon sells the AKG Greatest Hits digital album (also available for Prime).

Got this in today.

100_8694_zpshuww5p1t.jpg

I went with Dvdplanet and a coupon code recently to order Freezing Vibration LE due to there being a recent paucity of deals at TRSI and Amazon. I wasn't sure that the order would be correct (product code was correct but it didn't state Limited Edition in the description) or that it would arrive in good shape. But it came in today as both the LE and in excellent shape...better than I often get from Amazon. Pleasantly surprised.

It's getting a reprint since NIS is milking it for all it's worth. Can't really blame them since it selling like hot cakes.
They already did a reprint on the S1 PE sets, and it's been sold out.

It was a short run reprint.

They're going to put out the SE probably, but as far as I know the last reprint on Love Live S1 PE reprints have been long gone.

Why would it suck to have a set that's oop and valuable? ;D
It only sucks I have to double dip for the first season for the dub. :) But all worth it. Time to sell my remaining organs on the black market.

Time to double-dip on Season 1~~~
Yes...yes it is. And it'll be worth it. Man I would love if they did the songs in English as well. Not likely but that would be great.

It's getting a reprint since NIS is milking it for all it's worth. Can't really blame them since it selling like hot cakes.
Hey, can't blame them. Good music, nice story, and cute girls. What's not to like. ;)

bread's done
Back