Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually surprised there was no broadcast dub of Dragon Ball Super. 

I rather have a broadcast dub of Overlord instead of Sky Wizards Academy.

I'm actually surprised there was no broadcast dub of Dragon Ball Super.

I rather have a broadcast dub of Overlord instead of Sky Wizards Academy.
to be fair, I know some people will enjoy prison school, but most of those people care more about it being uncensored than dubbed... sky just isn't good in general.

Blame Toei for that. They're apparently allergy to money since it isn't streaming anywhere.
it's likely because there is a TV deal in place that isn't announced yet that is blocking a dubcast/simulcast either that or toei is just really afraid that steams will eat up future dvd/blu ray sales.

If someone doesn't have a smartphone at this point, I can say that I'm worried for about at this point. Kind of like if someone still has a SD/tube TV as their primary TV... oh wait. :lol:
I have a smartphone and I still actively use my ipod. Reason being my smartphone is 32gb I think and my ipod is 150gb and I have around 70gb of music.

https://twitter.com/officialfye/status/619716758337794049?s=09

EDIT: DVD Planet is having a ComiCon sale that includes a lot of Sentai titles. Most of the DVDS are $24, and Blu-rays are $28/$33 (depending on MSRP).

Thanks DNukem170!  DeepDiscount is running the same prices for the most part too, so maybe we'll get lucky and get another sale to go with it.

As to Ghibli films, I'm going to wait and see if I need or want to buy one during the Amazon sale first.  I can't think of an ABC show or other Disney films I really would want to watch or buy right now anyway.

I'm going to ask something unpopular around here  :)   It looks like Charlotte is going to the great paywall known as AoA, and it looks like Europe is the way to go.  Zavvi and Amazon UK are options at least, but is there another good place for preorders or sales?   There was another link brought up in the past month or so and guess what...I forgot to save it.  Thank you!

If someone doesn't have a smartphone at this point, I can say that I'm worried for about at this point. Kind of like if someone still has a SD/tube TV as their primary TV... oh wait. :lol:
I don't have a smartphone. Just a old school flip phone. I just use it for calling and text. lol No need for that other crap really.

Thanks DNukem170! DeepDiscount is running the same prices for the most part too, so maybe we'll get lucky and get another sale to go with it.

As to Ghibli films, I'm going to wait and see if I need or want to buy one during the Amazon sale first. I can't think of an ABC show or other Disney films I really would want to watch or buy right now anyway.

I'm going to ask something unpopular around here :) It looks like Charlotte is going to the great paywall known as AoA, and it looks like Europe is the way to go. Zavvi and Amazon UK are options at least, but is there another good place for preorders or sales? There was another link brought up in the past month or so and guess what...I forgot to save it. Thank you!
Hmm dang...I like Charlotte and figured they would probably get it. Another show I'll never be able to afford. :(
And DD can suck it, after waiting 2 months for a movie pass. DVD is slightly better and that isn't saying a lot.

I don't have a smartphone. Just a old school flip phone. I just use it for calling and text. lol No need for that other crap really.

Hmm dang...I like Charlotte and figured they would probably get it. Another show I'll never be able to afford. :(
And DD can suck it, after waiting 2 months for a movie pass. DVD is slightly better and that isn't saying a lot.
I used to use nothing but a phone for simple texts until last year myself, so I get that. It is nice to have instant access to the net and a game in case something happens.

I'm going to wait and see how Charlotte is first, but I wouldn't be opposed to paying a good amount for it (pre-order or not) if it's really good, even if I can only get it in DVD.

EDIT: I would only buy from DD if I was getting multiple items so that they shipped it in a box or the deal was so good that I couldn't refuse.

Anyone remember when rightstuf has a sale on NISA titles a couple years ago and what was the prices on the premium versions?also anyone think they'll do a sale like that again?

Anyone remember when rightstuf has a sale on NISA titles a couple years ago and what was the prices on the premium versions?also anyone think they'll do a sale like that again?
Certain sets like Cat God and Zakuro were $30, but it sort of varied across the titles since the same discount didn't apply to all items.

I think it was a up to 55% off sale, so it wasn't all sets that were 55% off, but some were "up to" there.

Cat God and Zakuro were definitely the ones I remember off the top of my head because they were actually discounted a lot.

Anyone want a $6 case for an mp3 player? Does anyone even use mp3 players anymore?
I used to. I miss my Sansa Fuze. My old smartphone absolutely sucks as an MP3 player. I wish they still made them, I want a new one.
I still have my Sanza Fuze, and it's in perfect condition yet - I have one of those clear acrylic shell cases around it. Plus I rarely use it, so it hasn't seen much of any abuse at all.

The only music I have stored in my smart phone is some anime OSTs - but that's definitely some very important stuff!

Certain sets like Cat God and Zakuro were $30, but it sort of varied across the titles since the same discount didn't apply to all items.

I think it was a up to 55% off sale, so it wasn't all sets that were 55% off, but some were "up to" there.

Cat God and Zakuro were definitely the ones I remember off the top of my head because they were actually discounted a lot.
Hope they do it again this year I need to add some NISA titles to my backlog lol.Only one I have in there is Toradora premium

https://twitter.com/officialfye/status/619716758337794049?s=09

EDIT: DVD Planet is having a ComiCon sale that includes a lot of Sentai titles. Most of the DVDS are $24, and Blu-rays are $28/$33 (depending on MSRP).
Thanks DNukem170! DeepDiscount is running the same prices for the most part too, so maybe we'll get lucky and get another sale to go with it.
Ooh~ Somebody please quote me if we get stackable deals on this. I wanna pick up Non non biyori and Love lab at $20 or close to it. Otherwise I'll have to wait till rightstuf holiday sale.

Man, what is going on with Amazon's Warehouse Deals store?  They just added a bunch of stuff today, but it's all at terrible prices.

$36 for Future Diary pt 1

$58 for Fairy Tail pt 1 (there's no way it's complete, even in Like New condition)

$100 for the Amz exclusive Space Dandy in only good condition

$41 Hell Girl 3

$70 K-on vol 2

$102 for Freezing season 1

And many other shows that have more recent, cheaper printings as well as some random Bandai stuff priced far higher than anyone with good sense would be interested in buying sight unseen.

Man, what is going on with Amazon's Warehouse Deals store? They just added a bunch of stuff today, but it's all at terrible prices.

$36 for Future Diary pt 1

$58 for Fairy Tail pt 1 (there's no way it's complete, even in Like New condition)

$100 for the Amz exclusive Space Dandy in only good condition

$41 Hell Girl 3

$70 K-on vol 2

$102 for Freezing season 1

And many other random Bandai releases selling for far more than anyone should be interested in buying them for.
roger, meet the AWD random-as-crap algorithm. Algorithm, meet roger.

rightstuf-news.jpg

http://www.rightstufanime.com/categ...NNY,RIGHT-STUF?order=pricelevel5:asc&show=100

We're bringing the heat this summer with our Right Stuf Studio Sale! Find red-hot savings on Turn A Gundam, Sketchbook ~full color's~, Please Teacher!, Yakitate!! Japan, Looking Up at the Half-Moon and more today! Don't miss out on this great sale!

From now through July 20th, save at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs and merchandise from Nozomi Entertainment, Lucky Penny, 5 Points Pictures and Critical Mass Video! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

How? Just use the following reusable promo code when you check out through RightStufAnime.com:

Promo Code: Nozomi15
Expires: Monday, July 20, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on all DVDs and Merchandise from Right Stuf studios. Log into your account to view membership pricing.

(Please note: No other promo codes may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Clearance and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

So those of you that ordered Turn A before, was $29.99 the member price like their prices normally are?  With the new format I couldn't remember if they were actually cheaper or not.

Edit:  I worded this question very poorly.

On the old site something like this would be $30 for everyone normally, but with no member discount.  Then, when the sale went up it would go to $33 in the store, but would also allow the member discount.  So it would drop to $27 when both were applied.

Here it appears as though their sale will simply drop it back to the $30 that I assume it already was.  That's why I was asking what it cost before.

So those of you that ordered Turn A before, was $29.99 the member price like their prices normally are? With the new format I couldn't remember if they were actually cheaper or not.

Edit: I worded this question very poorly.

On the old site something like this would be $30 for everyone normally, but with no member discount. Then, when the sale went up it would go to $33 in the store, but would also allow the member discount. So it would drop to $27 when both were applied.

Here it appears as though their sale will simply drop it back to the $30 that I assume it already was. That's why I was asking what it cost before.
it's been fixed. Pre-orders were in error. so it's $26.xx with the coupon now

https://twitter.com/officialfye/status/620648295979847681?s=09

Also, FUNimation's store, apparently all shirts are 50% off with any Dragonball purchase. Code is HALFOFFT

Thanks for the clarification on the Right Stuf sale, it was throwing me off.

To anyone that actually followed what I was trying to get at, for preorders on the old site I simply subtracted 10% from what was shown on the page, and that was more or less the member cost.  Now it appears as though the member price during sales will be actually be closer to 20% off what is shown. (Member price shows $33, actual price is $27)

Thanks for the clarification on the Right Stuf sale, it was throwing me off.

To anyone that actually followed what I was trying to get at, for preorders on the old site I simply subtracted 10% from what was shown on the page, and that was more or less the member cost. Now it appears as though the member price during sales will be actually be closer to 20% off what is shown. (Member price shows $33, actual price is $27)
I think they just discount it so that the end price after coupon is 40% off of the original MSRP. They then take an additional 10% off for members.

Hope the bonus is the Sailor Moon shirts Viz sold out at SDCC every friggin' day because they only brought like 20.

Edit: I went at opening on Sunday and they were already sold out.

Hope the bonus is the Sailor Moon shirts Viz sold out at SDCC every friggin' day because they only brought like 20.

Edit: I went at opening on Sunday and they were already sold out.
They were sold out when I went on Friday as well :( They also ran out of the bags pretty fast Sunday morning as well. I got a zelda bag though secretly wanted the Sailor Moon one <_<

Thank you! I loved this on crunchyroll! This is a steal.

Hows amazon on shipping manga? I dont like dinged edges on paperback books so i typically buy in person or rightstuf to plastic wrap manga.
Depends on how many you buy. They will definitely send a couple in a padded envelope, and you can imagine how that shit turns out.

Depends on how many you buy. They will definitely send a couple in a padded envelope, and you can imagine how that shit turns out.
Thanks on my end as well - that sounds exactly like Amazon and I was thinking about truly starting the manga collection as well. Well, same with thinking about the "Aniplex of Europe" process (which will probably be done by Amazon UK).

It's nice to know that RightStuf still does the partial shipping just like they used to as well - order 10 items and they ship 9 of them. Now if only their website wasn't still slow. :p

There is still no more news on the DeepDiscount sale front though.

Thanks on my end as well - that sounds exactly like Amazon and I was thinking about truly starting the manga collection as well. Well, same with thinking about the "Aniplex of Europe" process (which will probably be done by Amazon UK).

It's nice to know that RightStuf still does the partial shipping just like they used to as well - order 10 items and they ship 9 of them. Now if only their website wasn't still slow. :p

There is still no more news on the DeepDiscount sale front though.
Just fyi, DVDPlanet and DeepDiscount are owned by the same parent company, so usually if one site has a sale, the other is not going to have an "advertised" sale, but prices will be somewhat similar. Basically in a nutshell, they will alternate when they have anime sales across the sites, but generally prices will be similar depending on which site has a sale. You will have to wait for a sale to end on one site if you expect to see it on the other site, but they generally don't run anime sales concurrently with one another, and they will never double dip, with the exception of black Friday times.

Just fyi, DVDPlanet and DeepDiscount are owned by the same parent company, so usually if one site has a sale, the other is not going to have an "advertised" sale, but prices will be somewhat similar. Basically in a nutshell, they will alternate when they have anime sales across the sites, but generally prices will be similar depending on which site has a sale. You will have to wait for a sale to end on one site if you expect to see it on the other site, but they generally don't run anime sales concurrently with one another, and they will never double dip, with the exception of black Friday times.
Ah, I've got that. Thanks! I knew they were owned by the same parent and that their prices were pretty similar, but not anything else really other than the shipping (whether that shipping is a large book or a small Blu-Ray or a box).

Ah, I've got that. Thanks! I knew they were owned by the same parent and that their prices were pretty similar, but not anything else really other than the shipping (whether that shipping is a large book or a small Blu-Ray or a box).
Ironically, they actually began as a shipping company, but after doing shipping for other retailers for so long they decided to branch out into media, yet their shipping methods are still highly questionable...for the customers at least. :p

Doesn't seem to be any anime (or dvds honesty) on sale or even upcoming. Maybe they will reveal some more later since they keep bragging this sale has more than BF did.

Prime Day is ongoing but I haven't see any big anime deals yet. I work all day so if anyone catches something good, post away. 

Free 6 month Amazon Prime sub (students only): http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info/?

Prime 30 day free trial: http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/primesignup/

All Amazon Warehouse items are 15% off for Prime members at checkout, here's the anime: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&rh=n%3A1267877011%2Ck%3Aanime&keywords=anime&ie=UTF8&qid=1436955637

Prime Day is ongoing but I haven't see any big anime deals yet. I work all day so if anyone catches something good, post away.

Free 6 month Amazon Prime sub (students only): http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info/?

Prime 30 day free trial: http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/primesignup/

All Amazon Warehouse items are 15% off for Prime members at checkout, here's the anime: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&rh=n%3A1267877011%2Ck%3Aanime&keywords=anime&ie=UTF8&qid=1436955637
Thanks for the heads up about AWD. I picked up Problem Children on blu ray, and a bunch of non-anime related stuff.

bread's done
Back