Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody that ordered JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Amazon back when it was cheap should check on their open orders.

They did that thing they occaisionally do where they try and get around sending something that has a different listing.  "Oh, the date that it will come out has changed, we can't possibly process your order without your approval.  I mean we've never just changed a date and kept your order in place before."

I used the Jet.com promo to snag the Nep anime for $17~(unfortunately I get charged tax). It's not the LE so no artbox I suppose.

Looks like it's being fulfilled by Deepdiscount.

Gonna break the price down for my own peace of mind.

$36.52 price at jet

-$30 credit I paid $10.50 for at giltcity.com

-$.55 for paying with debit(dunno what this is about but wish all stores gave extra discounts for debit)

+$.53 tax(it only charged tax on the $5.97 after the other two discounts applied)

Total: $6.50 plus the $10.50 I paid at gilt

Total out of pocket $17

Surprised this isnt on bluray yet. Wonder if they will censor anything for american tv
Given that Hellsing Ultimate of all shows wasn't(in regards to violence, at least), it's pretty safe to say this won't be either. Unless there's a lot of sexual stuff in the show - I haven't seen it, so I wouldn't know, but violence almost never gets censored for Toonami.
Also, glad to see Funimation is finally releasing Danganronpa & Dragonar Academy soon. I originally was watching Dragonar Academy as it aired until episode 3 when I heard that the broadcast version Funimation was streaming had scenes cut for being so lewd. So being able to get it uncensored on blu-ray is what I've been waiting for.

After the Walking Dead, I think American TV is pretty open to all sorts of blood and gore.
American's are funny, we are desensitized to violence because there is much more gory things then TWD on tv. But are still reserved on sexuality on broadcast tv.

I know a couple of you here on the thread mentioned how much you loathe Rightstuf's new site design, but I'm getting beyond irritated with the problems the site overhaul has caused. I signed up for a Got Anime? membership for the first time in years and had to contact customer service multiple times about issues with my account because the prices weren't reflecting that I had a membership. The membership discount finally showed up on my order this morning after a customer service rep contacted a tech support person; however, when I went to check the site tonight... nothing. Not sure why they had to go and change something that wasn't broken. Argh...

There were numerous reasons they decided to make a layout change.  After they did a big survey after the last holiday season that asked for more sales (added daily, changed weekly, more sale options in general), different item listing design (as their old search system only pulled up a link, and people wanted it to be more like Amazon), and implement a Paypal program from the feedback.

I think that is all fine and well, but the problem is that it didn't seem they had put a whole lot of thought into making sure that everything would work after the switch.  It's almost as sloppy as the way CAG 3.0 was implemented, and it was more of a beta, rather than an actual release, and they figure that people would just deal with it while they work it out on the fly, and in the end.  Rightstuf just did not have the Rightstaf (get it? LOL) to get everything working the way people wanted it to work when they gave them their feedback, and this is where we are now.

American's are funny, we are desensitized to violence because there is much more gory things then TWD on tv. But are still reserved on sexuality on broadcast tv.
Yup.... with streaming taking over we already have unrestricted violence and bewbs so that won't be an issue much longer. I like the idea of Toonami being around again with these dub premeres but if I was a kid and knew all of their anime was subbed and free to watch already online I would have ditched it already.
Imagine my reaction when 15 year old me had no idea One Piece was dicked with... and then I got broadband and found a sub

Although when the Blus are available, I'll likely be picking up both Akame and Parasyte. I prefer to marathon them rather than waiting weekly.

I know a couple of you here on the thread mentioned how much you loathe Rightstuf's new site design, but I'm getting beyond irritated with the problems the site overhaul has caused. I signed up for a Got Anime? membership for the first time in years and had to contact customer service multiple times about issues with my account because the prices weren't reflecting that I had a membership. The membership discount finally showed up on my order this morning after a customer service rep contacted a tech support person; however, when I went to check the site tonight... nothing. Not sure why they had to go and change something that wasn't broken. Argh...
I'm in the same boat. I renewed my membership over a week ago and still not seeing discounted prices on the site.

I like RightStuf, but they really fucked up big time with their website "upgrade".

I'm in the same boat. I renewed my membership over a week ago and still not seeing discounted prices on the site.

I like RightStuf, but they really fucked up big time with their website "upgrade".
That has always been the case with the got anime membership. Before you had to wait until they mailed you your membership packet before the discount would apply.

That has always been the case with the got anime membership. Before you had to wait until they mailed you your membership packet before the discount would apply.
I signed up earlier this year and it was active the following day through an email confirmation, at which time I made more purchases.

This was also well before the change to the new site, but a month or so into this current year.

I signed up earlier this year and it was active the following day through an email confirmation, at which time I made more purchases.

This was also well before the change to the new site, but a month or so into this current year.
I too signed up earlier in the year and it took affect as soon as I logged in. It hasn't done me too much since i have yet to buy anything sine i became a got anime subscriber.

So I just realized that all of the Hayate the Combat Butler blu rays (well, at least Season 1, 2 and the movie) are not eligible for the current Section 23 sale going on at Right Stuf.  You know what it's time for...

bunk-the-wire.gif

Dang, that price is too good to pass up.

Good catch.

Those who want one at its current price better get in on it quick since they might jump up the price at a later time when stock gets lower like they did with Chunibyo.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00V7ORYT8/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1443657472&sr=1-2

Looks like rightstuf is selling dingers of no game no life collectors edition 48.99+3.99 shipping on amazon
In for one dinger. Had some Amazon credit to kill. Kudos to you, brotha.

In other news, GoHastings still ships stuff like crap but I guess my luck with their questionable packaging is always favorable. Another winner this time.

FICIe0s.png
UMfr5Ej.png

I order dozens of packages from GoHastings and I have never gotten that kind of envelope. I usually get standard padded mailers.

I order dozens of packages from GoHastings and I have never gotten that kind of envelope. I usually get standard padded mailers.
Are you buying used if so then that is why. That looks new imo. I got that when I ordered something new about a week ago. I was like da heck...it was worst then a bubble mailer. Then again those are bad in general. They don't protect LE's every well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00V7ORYT8/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1443657472&sr=1-2

Looks like rightstuf is selling dingers of no game no life collectors edition 48.99+3.99 shipping on amazon
thanks for posting, snagged one. now to decide if I tell the wife or let it be a surprise.

either way glad to own this for a little over $50 as it was my AOTY last year and the collectors has lots of nice goodies. plus I can deal with a single dinged corner.

Hopefully that means the Turn A movies are in too. I bundled them for the same shipment.

Stealth edit: Yeah, says in stock on the site. Guess I can look forward to both of those in the mail next week!

So I just realized that all of the Hayate the Combat Butler blu rays (well, at least Season 1, 2 and the movie) are not eligible for the current Section 23 sale going on at Right Stuf. You know what it's time for...

bunk-the-wire.gif
They were eligible during the last one in June too. I got S2 for about $47.

Picked one of the dingers up too. Kind of overpriced for 12 episodes, but it's Sentai, so I convinced myself it was worth it for the CE...now I'm realizing that there are more seasons to come and re-thinking haha

I've been doing the Got Anime membership for several years now, and this is the first time it's taken more than a day. Anyways, it's fixed now. The CS rep said my membership didn't activate correctly and he was able to fix it; sounds like another bug in their new system.

What's the width, or is that the width, and if so, what's the height?

Generally standard shelves don't come in the 8ft height level as that is pretty tall when we're talking pre-made shelves, and will need stronger anchoring, which only comes with some of the high end shelves, but I am not sure if you want to throw down for something in that price bracket.

Any of you guys have suggestions for some good media shelves. Im looking for 8 ft in black. thanks in advance.
Like Square said it might be hard to find them that high and for cheap. I have the nice old school Atlantic ones and it is about 6 ft high. It was $99 back in the day. The new ones suck because the movies hang over the shelf. Really Atlantic...way to be cheap.

You might try and make your own. It would be cheaper and they aren't too hard to make. I would make my own but I'm lazy lol.

Hastings, SecondSpin, and Half.com are great places to find Used anime, especially if they have their good sales going on.

As for new, occasionally Walmart and Best Buy have good deals.

Picked one of the dingers up too. Kind of overpriced for 12 episodes, but it's Sentai, so I convinced myself it was worth it for the CE...now I'm realizing that there are more seasons to come and re-thinking haha
if it helps there are not any confirmed more seasons to come :(

^ Yeah, mine shipped yesterday afternoon. Looking forward to that ding but I'm barely even interested in the series. Guess we'll see if I like it or not. The first episode didn't do it for me back when it aired but I'm willing to give it a second chance.

What's the width, or is that the width, and if so, what's the height?

Generally standard shelves don't come in the 8ft height level as that is pretty tall when we're talking pre-made shelves, and will need stronger anchoring, which only comes with some of the high end shelves, but I am not sure if you want to throw down for something in that price bracket.
Sorry for the late reply....AoT live action and my 9-5 happened yesterday lol.

the wall is about 18ft long and about 10 ft high? I need 8ft tall tho, i don't really care how many i need to buy and i almost don't care about price. I just really want to use the whole wall as i have a LOT of dvds to put up.

Like Square said it might be hard to find them that high and for cheap. I have the nice old school Atlantic ones and it is about 6 ft high. It was $99 back in the day. The new ones suck because the movies hang over the shelf. Really Atlantic...way to be cheap.

You might try and make your own. It would be cheaper and they aren't too hard to make. I would make my own but I'm lazy lol.
This is my mind set as well lol, I don't mind the over hang honestly I just need em up. I'm about to move and my old ones are those target shelves that are like 6ft? I'm 6'6'' anyway so reaching isn't a prob

FYE redesigned their site and are offering 20% off everything with the code NEWFYE.

They also have Strike Witches S2 S.A.V.E. for $8.

bread's done
Back