Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
DVD Planet is having an anime sale. A bunch of titles are 45-50% off.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/anime-sale/b139560#!?pagenum=1&sortby=AvailabledateNew

$30 for DBZ Blu Ray Season Sets?? I'm hoping Rightstuf goes lower than that before year's end.

Viz has a bunch of digital manga bundle sales going on right now at vizmanga.com

Case Closed as well.

Volumes 1-45 - $135

Volumes 1-25 - $87.99

Volumes 1-15 - $60
Now those are deals, especially @ $135 which converts to $3 per volume. Wonder how long it will take for Volumes 46+ to go on sale.

Anyone know how the Crunchyroll mystery manga/anime boxes are?
Mystery anime and manga eh? How much are they charging for those?

Is weekly shonen jump (USA) still a thing digitally or did they finally give up and just dump chapters of One Piece and whatnot weekly? I don't know anyone who actually reads manga digitally besides ya know, the illegal stuff.
I subscribe and still get updates when issues come out so it's very much alive. The last email I got advertised a one shot called Karakuri; I think they are posting chapters of One Punch Man as well.

EDIT: DNukem170 covered it.

What price should I reasonably expect the original Gundam blu rays to hit? I'd hate to overpay, and $100 feels steep for both sets. Does Bandai stuff nose dive after a few months or should I just pre-order now?

Bandai doesn't exist anymore. All Gundam stuff is being released via Nozomi (aka RightStuf).

Given that these are the first Blu-rays the company has done, who knows how low they will go eventually, but their DVD sets rarely dip below $25.

$41 for 21 episodes isn't bad, even if it's an older anime.
I think it's more that it's still spit into two parts despite being so old that's bothering me. I don't buy anime regularly anymore, and what I do buy is usually older stuff I watched when I was young. I guess I should just be thankful it's even being re-released and we're past the >$200 for 26 episode runs days. I went ahead and ordered the first part.

Well, the Gundam license isn't exactly cheap, even if it doesn't have the brand power it once did in the US. Plus, Nozomi doesn't do complete series sets like Discotek does. Every longer series they've done has always been split into seasons.

M

I think it's more that it's still spit into two parts despite being so old that's bothering me. I don't buy anime regularly anymore, and what I do buy is usually older stuff I watched when I was young. I guess I should just be thankful it's even being re-released and we're past the >$200 for 26 episode runs days. I went ahead and ordered the first part.
Most series are done in 24-26 episode collections anyway, so splitting a 42 episode series in two makes a lot of sense to me.

I literally knew nothing about the nozomi distribution. I just assumed Bandai had come back from the grave. I can accept they probably don't have the money the bigger publishers do. Thanks for the info again guys.

Edit: Started to do some research and wow I didn't realize nozomi has been around so long. Guess I'm out of the loop.

Edit: Started to do some research and wow I didn't realize nozomi has been around so long. Guess I'm out of the loop.
They didn't actually start going by Nozomi until shortly before the anine crash. Before then everything was under their main name The RightStuf International. In 2007 they reshuffled the company and RightStuf was kept as just the store name. Nozomi Entertainment was the name of its general anime production company (starting with The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye, also their last dub) and, 5 Points Studios became their live-action branch, Lucky Penny is exclusively for budget titles, and Critical Mass was officially split off into its own hentai branch.

Looks like a few Studio Ghibli movies are $13 today at Best Buy. One highlight being Ponyo which I don't think I've ever seen for that cheap. To note, they are making steelbooks of these soonish (not sure when or if it already happened) but a Blu is a Blu to me. Especially a DIsney one. 

I usually don't like linking to SD, but since the deals are slowly being matched by Amazon,  I am for now:

http://slickdeals.net/f/8169170-studio-ghibli-blu-ray-dvd-combos-ponyo-the-secret-world-of-arrietty-my-neighbor-totoro-castle-in-the-sky-howl-s-moving-castle-12-99-each-free-store-pickup-lowest-price

Looks like a few Studio Ghibli movies are $13 today at Best Buy. One highlight being Ponyo which I don't think I've ever seen for that cheap. To note, they are making steelbooks of these soonish (not sure when or if it already happened) but a Blu is a Blu to me. Especially a DIsney one.

I usually don't like linking to SD, but since the deals are slowly being matched by Amazon, I am for now:

http://slickdeals.net/f/8169170-studio-ghibli-blu-ray-dvd-combos-ponyo-the-secret-world-of-arrietty-my-neighbor-totoro-castle-in-the-sky-howl-s-moving-castle-12-99-each-free-store-pickup-lowest-price
Vampire Hunter D is also down to $13.99

Picked up Howl's Moving Castle for my 7yo niece and My Neighbor Totoro for my 3yo nephew. Do those sound age-wise appropriate? They've never seen anime before, but they both love Avatar TLA and Korra series.

I usually don't like linking to SD, but since the deals are slowly being matched by Amazon, I am for now:

They are just copying BR. If it a member called Persian Maffia then he copies deals from tos and post them as his own.

You don't get a bloated, easily broken, case.
I like my LE for it. Better then then jumbo that the Classic comes in.

Picked up Howl's Moving Castle for my 7yo niece and My Neighbor Totoro for my 3yo nephew. Do those sound age-wise appropriate? They've never seen anime before, but they both love Avatar TLA and Korra series.
Howl might be a little dark for the little ones, I would have gone with Ponyo but it isn't to bad.

Persona 4 CE is down to $70 on Amazon. Hope they don't smash your box.
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/655770094748889088
They are PM'ing BB btw. BB has a "drop" in Sentai and Funi stuff.

The Sentai dubs are about the normal $32 range while the subs are $29. I'm almost temped to finally order a few of the subs I missed 3 months ago. Mainly Is The Order a Rabbit.

Whats's Amazons price match policy? I bought Persona 4 CE about 2 weeks ago, will they match the current lower price?
My experience has been something to the effect of "The price you got is the best we could offer at the time".

After some Google searching, it looks like they offer price match refund up to 7 (or possibly now 10) days after purchase.

Totoro is good for all ages, though be warned that it doesn't sugarcoat anything.

Also, there is a harmless and heartwarming scene where the father takes a bath with his daughters. There is nothing at all objectionable about the scene, but since Moral Guardians believe that adult males can't be with children, it's something to keep in the back of your mind if you tell anyone about the movie.

I like my LE for it. Better then then jumbo that the Classic comes in.
To be clear, I was talking about the Classics case when I talked about the bloated case.

I despise those cases. So much so that I still haven't picked up Shana Season 1, Black Lagoon, and I put my Index/Railgun Blu-rays in the DVD LEs.

Hmmm.  I thought I owned all of the Studio Ghibli titles, but I cannot find My Neighbor Totoro.  I'm guessing that I never bought it.  I placed an order for in-store pick up @ Best Buy.  Anyone finding these with slipcovers in-store?

Hmmm. I thought I owned all of the Studio Ghibli titles, but I cannot find My Neighbor Totoro. I'm guessing that I never bought it. I placed an order for in-store pick up @ Best Buy. Anyone finding these with slipcovers in-store?
My store only has a few titles with slips. As stated before the longer a title is out the harder the slipcover will be locate. You'll be lucky to find some of the older Ghibli's with slipcovers as they were hard enough from the beginning.

The first is the US release and the second is an import release. If you are looking to getting the import releases Amazon JP is a better bet though the US Ghibli collection set comes out later this year.

I'd apologize for not reading the thread before posting this, but I'm not really sorry about it :)

After remembering that I still didn't have Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I noticed that the regular listing dropped to the same $30.79 that my old order was placed at.  If any of you have been as negligent as I, now would be a good time to just cancel and reorder to avoid talking with Amazon C/S.

The first is the US release and the second is an import release. If you are looking to getting the import releases Amazon JP is a better bet though the US Ghibli collection set comes out later this year.
Ew on the US Ghibli collection set.

And the Japanese version may have non-dubtitles. I know for sure the Japanese Mononoke has the better subtitles that isn't just English closed-captioning. I hate the English dialog in that one, cause a lot of things are off or omitted.

Costco have 5-6 Studio Ghibli titles & disney double pack for $15-$3 off = $12 each good till 10/25.
Stopped by today. They had plenty of Ponyo, My Neighbor Totoro, and a lone Whisper of the Heart. Also saw When Marnie Was There but I don't think that qualifies for this sale.

Stopped by today. They had plenty of Ponyo, My Neighbor Totoro, and a lone Whisper of the Heart. Also saw When Marnie Was There but I don't think that qualifies for this sale.
It won't be since that title is a GKIDS release. There are 5 non Disney Ghibli titles. 3 by GKIDS, one by Sentai, and one by Easter Star/Discotek.

No, Shonen Jump is still a thing. Actually it's quite profitable, really. One Punch Man and Nisekoi got such a headstart in the US precisely because Viz put them in Shonen Jump. It's also the reason the print editions exist. Right now the lineup is One Piece, Bleach, Black Clover, One Punch Man, Nisekoi, Food Wars, My Hero Academia, Seraph of the End, Blue Exorcist, Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V, Toriko, and World Trigger, along with a "Throwback" chapter at the end. Separately, Viz is also releasing each chapter of Boys Over Flowers Season 2 for free.

Going mostly digital has been VERY profitable for Viz.
Is weekly shonen jump (USA) still a thing digitally or did they finally give up and just dump chapters of One Piece and whatnot weekly? I don't know anyone who actually reads manga digitally besides ya know, the illegal stuff.
Uh... I buy most of my Viz manga digitally now, and subscribe to Weekly SJ (which is a great deal). I'm glad it's been profitable for Viz, and

that they've expanded out to Comixology (which also has the Naruto deal). At this point, manga just takes up too much space, especially long running series. Those monthly deals have been going on for some time, and have cost me some money (I think last month I bought all of Psyren).

They also are experimenting with stuff; I think the creators of Death Note have a new monthly series and they're releasing it, chapter by chapter, for 99c a piece.

12034251_1647913298824654_7388864262374525904_o.jpg

Happy Back to the Future Day

Jeebus. Three different versions of DBZ listed. I wouldn't know which version to even pick. Thank God I picked up all of the dragonbox sets.
lucky bastard

Rightstuf is having a 50% off Dragonball sale:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/sales-and-promos/Dragon-Ball

With Got Anime, the Blu Ray season sets are $20.25 each. Right now Seasons 1 and 3 are out of stock.

Do I dare to wait for a lower price or get them now?
dont worry....someday my funimation order will get here *cries*

that said these prices arent much higher than the funimation sale. and the show looks solid on blu ray really.

Weren't the DBZ blus closer to 20 on amazon before?  Seems like funimation used to get killer deals on amazon, is that still happening?

Funimation is having a deal for when you sign up for one of their streaming subs, you will get $25 store credit. Deal is only for new subscribers.

bread's done
Back