Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the first half of Tenchi Muyo GXP and have only seen Tencho Muyo from Toonami. I'd like to see Tenchi Universe someday.

And I've spent at least $1,000 on the Dragonball Z series alone. I have all the Pioneer DVD's (with original boxes. Yes that includes the movies boxset), the original single Funimation releases (Garlic Jr. onward with boxes) , the first volume of the Ultimate Uncut Special Edition (use to have all of them until Funimation stopped releasing them and I sold them for ....), the first and second season of the orange bricks, and the Level 1.1 Blu Ray.And I plan to buy the season set Blu Rays and Kai when the time is right.

Who knows how much I'll spend on Detective Conan/Case Closed if someone gets the rights to the rest of the series.
How did you get all that and skip the Dragon Boxes?

How did you get all that and skip the Dragon Boxes?
Because I got fed up with Funimation releasing incomplete sets. I wasn't sure if they would finish the Orange Bricks so I wanted until all the seasons were out until I even considered them.

That was until the Blu Ray discs started and what do you know, the "level" releases stopped after two came out.Now it's to the point where I'm only buying DBZ for extra features (the only reason I own the Level 1.1. blu ray) which is becoming the main reason I'm getting the Blu Ray season sets and passing on Kai (and even that release had problems).

By the time all of the Dragon Box volumes came out, it was way too expensive to buy them since they went out of print so quickly.

Nice poster. Where did you get it? Off topic, but where the hell is the spoiler button?
Poster? I'm insulted, officially.

http://www.thatkidwhodraws.com/drawings.html

Here are mine. I call them Space Cowboys.

5K0Zdog.jpg

I also have his original Evangelion.

Sorry, I meant the second Tenchi in love movie (Tenchi Forever), THAT movie was a massive car pile-up, mixed with a train wreck.   I loved the original Tenchi movie.

The standard bebop looks great, that variant though :puke:
Sorry, you are wrong. The variant is magnificent and considered much better. I agree. Up close, it's metallic. It's gorgeous!

Holy crap. Those are beautiful. I imagine they were very expensive.
The prints, were standard pricing for him and other artists. The frames though, about $200+ each.

Fancy poster collecting is seriously expensive hobby. I have a backlog of 30 or so to get framed.

Sorry, I meant the second Tenchi in love movie (Tenchi Forever), THAT movie was a massive car pile-up, mixed with a train wreck. I loved the original Tenchi movie.
Ah, that makes sense, then. While I've seen far, far worse, Tenchi Forever is easily the worst Tenchi Movie. I do think it's still better than Tenchi in Tokyo though.

Sorry, you are wrong. The variant is magnificent and considered much better. I agree. Up close, it's metallic. It's gorgeous!
nope. The regular sold for $55 with a run of 120 and has an average sale price of $225 with one currently available to purchase for $200. The variant retailed for $75 with a run of 50 and has an average sale price of $200 with one currently listed for $175. So the 1st edition is in higher demand.

I have the same Eva print too and it's framed. I took it down from the entertainment room though, as friends did not seem impressed. I've found It's just some garish anime poster to most people. Really like it though.

So got my Eva 3.3... And the cardboard box is slightly crushed, with what sounds like the disc loose inside. The packaging itself looks to be prone to creases. Guess I'll open it up and contact Rightstuf but anyone else get a pristine copy? I don't think I'm particularly picky or anything...

Ugh opened it up and the disc is loose and the inner case is cracked.
Mine came in today and is in as good condition as possible. The slip is prone to creasing so expect a little damage. My inner case is not cracked and the disc was not loose.

I would contact RS if your case cannot hold your disc. I wish I had done that with Melancholy of Haruhi S2 set years ago. Worst case I've ever received. All 4 discs were loose since all the hubs had broken teeth. I ended up having to store them in jewel cases.

nope. The regular sold for $55 with a run of 120 and has an average sale price of $225 with one currently available to purchase for $200. The variant retailed for $75 with a run of 50 and has an average sale price of $200 with one currently listed for $175. So the 1st edition is in higher demand.

I have the same Eva print too and it's framed. I took it down from the entertainment room though, as friends did not seem impressed. I've found It's just some garish anime poster to most people. Really like it though.
It wasn't always this way. These are 1st edition. I don't care much some nut is paying now. The variant, up close in the flesh is superior with the metallic paints. Everyone who has seen it agrees. Even my framers who aren't exactly in to anime or collecting fancy posters.

It wasn't always this way. These are 1st edition. I don't care much some nut is paying now. The variant, up close in the flesh is superior with the metallic paints. Everyone who has seen it agrees. Even my framers who aren't exactly in to anime or collecting fancy posters.
I think what you meant to say was "I like the variant better". :lol:

USA Animate grab bags up for order. $300 worth of anime-related goods for $30 + $15 shipping. Only 25 of each bag type available.

https://en.animate-onlineshop.jp/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=evf770cg5a08gjsb5cg71bnqn6&keyword=grab+bags

I don't normally buy lucky bags but these look like a great value. In for a girls bag.
since I stopped picking up loot crate I was able to justify

:p

thought about the tiger and bunny one since I liked it, but I don't think I liked it enough to have a bunch of tiger and bunny merch.

Tempted on the Gintama one but think all of us have a overload of stuff as is. Not a bad deal if you're willing to pay the shipping. 

USA Animate grab bags up for order. $300 worth of anime-related goods for $30 + $15 shipping. Only 25 of each bag type available.

https://en.animate-onlineshop.jp/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=evf770cg5a08gjsb5cg71bnqn6&keyword=grab+bags

I don't normally buy lucky bags but these look like a great value. In for a girls bag.
Wow, I didn't know animate had a US branch. Guess I'll browse to see what they have.

These grab bags would be great but that $15 shipping just kills it. A bloody shame.

The blu-ray release of Samurai Pizza Cats is now available for sale.

This is a bit of a strange release, though. To be fair, it is an extremely strange show, with a bizarre history. I suppose it's fitting that the modern commercial release would also be strange.

The blu-ray release is in standard definition. It's a blu-ray set, but the video on it is not high-definition. So you will basically be getting DVD-quality video from a Blu-ray release.

It's also worth noting that this commercial release is of the western version of the show, and that the Japanese original is not part of the collection. So no original Japanese audio. This is a bit more understandable, given the nature of the show's translation. This was one of those instances of a Japanese show being insanely cut and re-mixed when it came to U.S. shores. The original localizers didn't speak Japanese, so all they really had to go on was the visuals, not the scripts. They literally re-wrote the whole show, and re-mixed the episodes to fit what they felt the story should be.

Not really a release that I would recommend for anime fans. But for fans of strange older cartoons, and especially anyone interested in localization, it is probably a must have. It helps that this standard-definition Blu-ray release is so cheap, and includes the entire run of the series.
Samurai Pizza Cats was da shit. Loved the opening theme. I rewatched some episodes recently and haha political references galore. Wouldn't mind picking up this bluray set if I can find it on the cheap.

Sailor Moon part 1 and Sailor Moon R part 1 (with the artbox) is $40.99 and $41.49 respectively at Amazon.

Tempted to pick up R part 1 since I never pre-ordered it from Rightstuf when it first came out but it's Amazon... and... well, they can't pack to save their lives.

Sailor Moon part 1 and Sailor Moon R part 1 (with the artbox) is $40.99 and $41.49 respectively at Amazon.

Tempted to pick up R part 1 since I never pre-ordered it from Rightstuf when it first came out but it's Amazon... and... well, they can't pack to save their lives.
I know that AMZ and or BB need to drop that R part 2 to that nice $19.99 price they had. Then again it'll be a minute before they do that. I think parts 1 had been out for a good year before they dropped during the last sale.

Decided to pass on getting Case Closed manga during RS's Viz sale and picked up the remaining 11 volumes of Death Note I was missing instead. Total came to $55 with free shipping.

I kind of wanted to get YuruYuri Season 2. I see it went out of print recently. But I also see this version was some kind of premium edition. When NIS does a release like this and then stops printing it do they usually put out a standard edition in the near future?

I kind of wanted to get YuruYuri Season 2. I see it went out of print recently. But I also see this version was some kind of premium edition. When NIS does a release like this and then stops printing it do they usually put out a standard edition in the near future?
Yeah. The second season of YRYR has a standard edition coming out like in a month or two. I know some places that shall not be named has it up for preorder... But I'd wait for NISA or RS to buy it.

-----------------------

Oh. I remember that Animate USA always has a Christmas/Holiday season grab bag. I'm surprised that they have another set.

They had a grab bag at Decemeber for $19.99, limited to 30 bags each, with different categories, like Magical Mecha Girls, K-On, K, Slice Of Life, Otome, and Tiger and Bunny Bags. I wanted to buy the Mecha girls, K-On, and the slice of life bag... But the shipping kills it...

But the grab bags that they have atm is $10 more expensive... So I'll pass..

EDIT: A look of the Holiday Grab Bags. https://www.facebook.com/animate.usa/posts/517648831732355

Oh. If you look up Animate Grab bags... You can find a girl opening a K and Otome Grab bag. See if you'd like it. I guess it was okay for the $20 + shipping...?

Season 2 premium edition is out of print? Damn it, NISA did it to me again. Now Yuru Yuri can sit next to Wagnaria, Bunny Drop, and (at some point) Nyaruko in my pile of "things I meant to buy the premium edition for."

Yeah. The second season of YRYR has a standard edition coming out like in a month or two. I know some places that shall not be named has it up for preorder... But I'd wait for NISA or RS to buy it.
Ooh this is good news. I hope they'll be priced fairly(not likely). If they're gonna be more than $50, then I should've just bought the LEs when I had the chance.

Has anyone read anywhere when Shana Season 3 will get a "complete" release instead of these parts? It's been almost 3 years since they've been released, so I figured we'd get one soon. A Certain Magical Index Season 2 complete should be making it's way out this year if the time lag between part 1 and complete for season 1 is any indication. Would make my x-mas...

Has anyone read anywhere when Shana Season 3 will get a "complete" release instead of these parts? It's been almost 3 years since they've been released, so I figured we'd get one soon. A Certain Magical Index Season 2 complete should be making it's way out this year if the time lag between part 1 and complete for season 1 is any indication. Would make my x-mas...
I still waits for s3 part 2 on sale :)

My Eva 3.33 just arrived from Funi, and it was amazingly packaged, which is great because I was starting to worry about some of the stories from others, lol.

Came in a nice small box with lots of padding in the box.

I guess if anything, that is one thing Funi excels at; excessively well packaged items for single or small order items.

On the really big orders though they seem to struggle though. @_@

My Eva 3.33 just arrived from Funi, and it was amazingly packaged, which is great because I was starting to worry about some of the stories from others, lol.

Came in a nice small box with lots of padding in the box.

I guess if anything, that is one thing Funi excels at; excessively well packaged items for single or small order items.

On the really big orders though they seem to struggle though. @_@
Can I come over and watch it?

I got Shana S3 P1/2 for about 20 each back in 2014's Funi Black Friday sale and then A Certain Magical Index S2 P1/P2 for $19.50 each on last year's Black Friday from Funi.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/02/01/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-and-fullmetal-alchemist-the-movie-conqueror-of-shamballa-streaminghome-video-rights-to-expire-binge-and-buy-before-this-classic-is-gone-for-good

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie – Conqueror of Shamballa Streaming/Home Video Rights To Expire—Binge and Buy Before This Classic is Gone for Good!
Fullmetal Alchemist is, of course, one of THE most legendary anime of all time—and for good reason. Combining alchemical action, great humor, and a moving, truly universal story of loss, redemption and what it means to be human, the adventures of the Elric brothers have resonated with fans all over the world for over a decade. We laughed with them, we cried with them, but alas, all good things must come to an end.

We’ve received an outpouring of fan feedback asking for Funimation to let you know when titles are expiring from our home video and streaming catalog, so we are announcing today that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie – Conqueror of Shamballa will be expiring soon. Funimation licenses these rights for a limited time, after which they revert to the original Japanese license holder. After these dates, these titles will be removed from our streaming service on Funimation.com, and we will not be reprinting any more home video products.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: expires March 31, 2016
Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie – Conqueror of Shamballa: expires March 31, 2016

What does this mean for you? If you want to keep this classic series and all of its installments in your collection permanently, be sure to buy your copies NOW before they’re gone for good. Out-of-print anime can go up in price significantly on the secondary market, with some titles going up to hundreds or even thousands of dollars, so lock in your collection at their current retail prices now.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Collections
Collection One Blu-ray
Collection One DVD
Collection Two Blu-ray
Collection Two DVD

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood broadcast 6 years after the original, Brotherhood was noteworthy for retelling the tale of Fullmetal Alchemist from the beginning, now faithfully adapting the entire story of Hiromu Arakawa’s legendary manga series.

Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie – Conqueror of Shamballa
Get the Movie Blu-ray today!

Conqueror of Shamballa follows up the events of the hit original series in a fascinating alternate universe that closely resembles our own. Revisiting many of the themes and conflicts of the original series, the film explores what happens to Ed and Al as two brothers separated by time and space but united by so much in the past.

For many years, we’ve been extremely honored and enjoyed working closely with Aniplex to bring this iconic anime franchise to you, so thank you for your support.

Dang... That must suck for funimation for losing FMAB.

Well... I was hoping for a full collection for FMAB that could match the premium edition of the first series... But I guess there is no hope from funimation to produce it... So anyone know if the first and second collection on amazon.com or funimation.com have slipcovers for them? or am I too late. I was hoping for a box set so I don't have to look for slipcovers but I'd want to get a copy with slipcovers if it isn't going to happen...

Amazon shipped my Eva 3.33 after being pre-ordered for nearly two years. I'll be damned if it arrives in decent condition considering that they will more than likely be sending it in a bubble mailer.

I assume with FUNi losing FMAB's license, it will fall into the hands of Aniplex. Terrible news for late adopters who will become interested in the series years from now. Call me crazy, though, but since we're on the subject of Aniplex, I sure wish they re-released that massive Gurren Lagann set. I had it in my Amazon JP cart and could have bought it for about $480 but decided not to. I regret it so much. X_X

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/02/01/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-and-fullmetal-alchemist-the-movie-conqueror-of-shamballa-streaminghome-video-rights-to-expire-binge-and-buy-before-this-classic-is-gone-for-good

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie – Conqueror of Shamballa Streaming/Home Video Rights To Expire—Binge and Buy Before This Classic is Gone for Good!
You can get collection 1 & 2 and the movie under $85 on amazon.

You can get collection 1 & 2 and the movie under $85 on amazon.
don't care about the movie (it's for the first series anyways o_O)

but I really have to think about the series (was looking at it last night)

on one hand I don't really care about dvd vs blu ray, I'll buy blu ray if it's less than 10% more than DVD but any more than that I just get DVD.

on the other hand fma brotherhood is a glorious masterpiece with glorious BONES animation and should be owned in a way to be able to enjoy it's full Glory (which would of course mean the aniplex release next year that will be $600 and way to expensive for me :p) thus I debated about upgrading that one to blu ray, and keeping the dvds i already own as back ups lol.

I got Shana S3 P1/2 for about 20 each back in 2014's Funi Black Friday sale and then A Certain Magical Index S2 P1/P2 for $19.50 each on last year's Black Friday from Funi.
My goal this year is to pick them up if they don't have a combined iteration for around that pricing. Glad I got FMA:B a long time ago!

Oh and my Darker than Black S1 "Premium" came in. Worst Funi packaging idea ever. I could actually forgive the flimsy box, but the size! WTF! I can't fit it anywhere. I think I'm going to see if there's any space in S2's box to stuff the discs otherwise I'm gonna go buy a standard box so I can stuff it in my DVD spinner. Then that giant box can go collect dust somewhere. Hate it when people think they are being smart and creative, but clearly don't actually own any anime themselves. An easel....really....like I want to display this.

don't care about the movie (it's for the first series anyways o_O)
but I really have to think about the series (was looking at it last night)
on one hand I don't really care about dvd vs blu ray, I'll buy blu ray if it's less than 10% more than DVD but any more than that I just get DVD.
on the other hand fma brotherhood is a glorious masterpiece with glorious BONES animation and should be owned in a way to be able to enjoy it's full Glory (which would of course mean the aniplex release next year that will be $600 and way to expensive for me :p) thus I debated about upgrading that one to blu ray, and keeping the dvds i already own as back ups lol.
I honestly think the original series had better animation.

bread's done
Back