Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like us Kickstarter backers got screwed by FUNi in regards to Escaflowne. The CE is $134.99 and contains pretty much everything the KS backers are getting minus the cards and some kind of fancier packaging. I don't know if $15 justifies those extras, but knowing the price also makes me assume that it will be even lower on RS when they put it up for sale. Never again, FUNi... Never again.
I'm surprised you're so surprised. :D

I wish I'd known about this yesterday, as surely my order will never be fulfilled. Nevertheless, if anyone else wants to pray like a Squarehard praying for Deep Discount to send The Last Guardian:

Fist of the North Star, Complete series - $24.95
This is from Amazon directly though, so it will be fulfilled. :D

Nice find, and crazy good deal.

Yeesh, I'm not digging those prices. The CE is essentially the same price as both of the standard version, +/- a few dollars. Maybe if/when Amazon lists them, I can find them a bit cheaper. I've been dying to grab a hold of these, but I feel I should wait it out a bit till I find both seasons for ~$60-70, similar what I got my FMA: Brotherhood sets for.

I just hope I don't give in before then, lol.

Quick question though for those that have pre-ordered through Funimation. Do they charge on preorder or when the item actually ships? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Holy crap!

I wish I'd known about this yesterday, as surely my order will never be fulfilled. Nevertheless, if anyone else wants to pray like a Squarehard praying for Deep Discount to send The Last Guardian:

Fist of the North Star, Complete series - $24.95
I don't think I bought something so quickly than I did here. Love me some Hokuto no Ken!

So...I don't really understand what the CE provides that I don't get from the standalone versions? Not that I want standalone seasons...I like my bundle deal. $100 for 50 episodes isn't a bad deal really.

Edit: Holy crap!

I don't think I bought something so quickly than I did here. Love me some Hokuto no Ken!
Right?

It was a no brainer for me.

b1f.png

I jumped on that Fist of the North Star as well. Even on DVD, 100+ episodes for $25 is a good deal. And I've always had a soft spot for Fist of the North Star's post-apolcalyptic silliness.

As for Code Geass, it's Funimation. Of course they're going to eventually re-release it in a single set. Or they will eventually put out a SAVE edition. This is what they do, pretty much every time. They're so reliable about it that I've almost begun to depend on their approach to these releases. I just picked up a copy of the Robotics and Note SAVE-edition re-release. I wasn't going to pay full price for the original releases of that series, but I'll gladly drop the necessary scratch on the SAVE edition. When it arrived I flipped the paper cover over and popped it right on my shelf. Looking forward to watching it.

Yeah, I was very excited when I saw that price. I think I'm just preparing for the worst, to make it easier in case something screwey happens.

Like the complete 80's Twilight Zone that has been "Temporarily out of Stock" for a couple of years now.

Yeah, I was very excited when I saw that price. I think I'm just preparing for the worst, to make it easier in case something screwey happens.

Like the complete 80's Twilight Zone that has been "Temporarily out of Stock" for a couple of years now.
The main thing to be worried about is the way Amazon ships that set, because it's a fragile case. =/

Nozomi is the US distributor for every Gundam title except for the Unicorn Blu-rays, Origin, and Thunderbolt.
Right, but when I first browsed through the list of sale items there were no Gundam titles included. Now it's in the banner.

I'm pretty sure my got anime membership lapsed though. Is there really no way to get it applied until when it "ships" in 2 business days? I swear it used to work as soon as you bought it before.

Looks like the price of Fist of the North Star went back to normal finally, lol.

Now I feel even better for getting in on the deal, but will feel ecstatic when it gets fulfilled. ^___^

Not an amazing deal, especially given the iffy nature of FUNimation's shop, but they have four of their S.A.V.E. sets on sale.

- Fafner Complete Series $12.99

- OniAi Complete Series: $9.99

- Michiko & Hatchin $14.99

- Strike Witches Season 1 $9.99

http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop_Filter.ss?scategory=534837&sortbyvalue=5

Also, if you pre-order Seraph of the End Season 1 Part 2 on their shop, you can get a Seraph shirt for $10 with the code SERAPHTEE

http://www.funimation.com/p/sale?gtm_medium=ribbon&gtm_source=home&gtm_campaign=062016-fs-seraphofendvampirereign&gtm_content=preordertee

So let me share my birthday haul. It's Sherlock Hound, After War Gundam X and the Girl Who leapt through time.

[attachment=22981:20160719_120837.jpg]

Sorry for the out of focus image.

But let me talk about the After War Gundam X sets for a second here. And this may be relevant to those interested in this release, but to be honest these two sets are made out of some really soft, cheap plastic and it's not particularity well designed either.

[attachment=22982:20160719_120938.jpg]

The area inside the red circle is basically where the dvd spindle thing is held in place by two prongs. First of all the spindle thing is more like a rubber type material so it moves easily. Also the prongs really don't hold it in place well. just a slight pull and the dvd holder will pop out with relative ease. Just be careful with the set and i'm sure you'll be fine, but I was surprised Rightstuff would release such a cheap set.

The other things I got, by funimation and discotek were of higher quality. Although the sherlock hound set did not arrive with the holder fully locked in to the spindle, however I was able to do that myself. It's not a comment on the quality of the plastic, just that somebody overlooked something on the factory line probably.

So, Patema Inverted is on sale on PSN, this movie is great (IMO) and well worth paying full price, but it's an absolute STEAL at $5 (which it is currently)

So, Patema Inverted is on sale on PSN, this movie is great (IMO) and well worth paying full price, but it's an absolute STEAL at $5 (which it is currently)
Digital? DIGITAL?! Who do you think youre talkin to in this thread... Lol jk jk, thanks for the heads up

It is also available on Amazon Instant video for $7 (which may be more accessible for some) and is free with Amazon Prime.

The code geass sets are on amazon for MSRP, im sure it will go down if you just wanna get your preorder in.

Edit: rightstuf for the same price as funi.

Bestbuy has the individual sets the cheapest ive seen at 42.99,the ce is 119.99 though.

Any opinions on When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace?  I saw an ad for it being picked up by Sentai, and it looks interesting.

Any opinions on When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace? I saw an ad for it being picked up by Sentai, and it looks interesting.
I haven't watched it myself, but I remember this being the most discussed scene from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHd3xfDzTg8

Otherwise I think it's just OK?

Any opinions on When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace? I saw an ad for it being picked up by Sentai, and it looks interesting.
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz were my thoughts when I watched the first few episodes. I thought it was just completely dumb. Dropped it.

I can't believe he just stood there and didn't interrupt with an apology or anything. Sometimes anime characters being so dense aggravates me.

bread's done
Back