Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Signing up did make the bundle prices show, thanks! Unfortunately for me, I was going to get Snafu and Non Non Biyori BR sets, but they're oos on one of the NNB blu-rays and I don't want to pay for shipping on just Snafu.

K-On complete for $55 is a great deal. I spent way more than that when I got them. I think it was like $20 for ea of the four Bandai S1 BR releases + $26 for ea of the two Sentai S2 BR releases + $16 for BR movie = $148.

That remind me. How is Non Non? I only know it by emoji use somewhere. I heard it's good. As for Snafu, well they did announce the finale for the light novel, so perhaps third season will happen eventually. I haven't seen them, but I heard it's pretty good and did some research, so I look forward to them when it arrives.

When you know the Sentai Sale is an incredibly good deal but you're still hesitating. This is likely going to be better than Right Stuf's Holiday Sales. probably

I did like the manga sale side from Rightstuf last month, I'll give them that. I'm still hoping for Space Brothers $10 sale. I have zero idea on why I hesitated...

That remind me. How is Non Non? I only know it by emoji use somewhere. I heard it's good.
Very good school slice-of-life and an easy recommendation for fans of the genre. It's set in the country rather than an urban city, which gives it a fresh feel compared to traditional school sol.

As for Snafu, well they did announce the finale for the light novel, so perhaps third season will happen eventually.
That would be amazing. I love the interactions among the characters (Hachiman is a great antihero) and want to see how it ends.

Great to hear. Hoping for restock. Almost got everything I want from Sentai. From there, I'll be doing the waiting game for newer releases.

Heads up to anyone else who pre-ordered the Akira 35th Anniversary Box Set, I just got an email from Amazon saying it's release has been pushed back a week and is now coming out on Halloween.

I finally decided to pick up the Beyond the Boundary LE from the Sentai Sale, as it has a Low Stock Notice on it now - only 8 remaining when I ordered mine.  Hopefully there was actually any sets left, as I wonder how often that counter gets updated, because it still says 8 left after my order. 

Edit: well, it's down to 3 remaining sets this morning, so I guess I should be good... 

I remember seeing the trailer from my Nozaki-kun Blu-ray. It looked gorgeous; just don't know how is the anime. I should try to check it out one day.

Nozaki is hilarious, though it helps if you're somewhat familiar with shoujo tropes
I saw it already and I really enjoyed it. I was referring to Beyond the Boundary. They show a trailer of that before you can watch Nozaki. It looked gorgeous; just don't know how is it. I should have known it's Kyoto Animation.

Sentai just tweeted earlier today that the Beyond The Boundary Premium Box set is now officially OOP as of yesterday. The standard release is still available. They also tweeted that the Monster Musume PE Box set is almost OOP as well, it has a Low Stock Notice on its product page now.  

Speaking of Sentai, anyone received an email about their complete set series for Clannad and Higurashi? I guess that's why they did the sale?

Sentai is releasing eight Complete Series sets in their December release slate, and the preorders are already up on TRSI...

"This Christmas, Get All Of Your Favorite Sentai Filmworks Titles In Complete Series Releases In December"

When They Cry All 55 episodes Blu-ray set
Clannad & Clannad After Story Complete Series Blu-ray
To Love-Ru: Complete Series Blu-ray
Initial D Legend 1 Awakening Blu-ray/DVD Combo 
The Familiar Of Zero: Complete Series Blu-ray
Chaika The Coffin Princess: Complete Series Blu-ray
Cross Ange Rondo Of Angel And Dragon: Complete Series Blu-ray
Hakkenden Eight Dogs Of The East: Complete Series Blu-ray

Those are Aniplex of America releases, which never go on sale, except a few select older titles are usually included in the RS Holiday Sales. It used to be only about 10% or 15% off at the most, so singles were about $10 off and Box sets about $20 off, but last year's Holiday sales had quite a few more titles included in the sale, and for more $$ off.  AoA seems to be slowly changing their standard procedures, so we don't know what to expect this coming November and December... Fate/Zero just got a new reprint run a year ago, so I doubt that one will be included in the Holiday sales for a couple years, but there may be a better chance with UBW.  RS did seem to always put the sub-only Japanese Import sets on sale for Zero and UBW, but those were much more expensive to begin with, and I think they're about out of stock on all those now.  

I saw it already and I really enjoyed it. I was referring to Beyond the Boundary. They show a trailer of that before you can watch Nozaki. It looked gorgeous; just don't know how is it. I should have known it's Kyoto Animation.
Ah, I thought it was ok.

Speaking of Sentai, anyone received an email about their complete set series for Clannad and Higurashi? I guess that's why they did the sale?
Haha, yeah, I had the same thought.

Ok huh? Hm. Shame. I would like to imagine action with Kyoto Animation budget. Granted, you can see that from comedy series, but yeah. I'll watch it one day.

I just heard yesterday. Samurai Jack is getting a complete series Blu-ray box-set. The fifth season will be included. The fifth season will also be available separately for those who don't want to re-buy the previous seasons. This option does not matter to me though, as I would never pass up the chance to get ALL of Samurai Jack in tasty, re-mastered high-definition.

I've been hankering for a set like this for a LONG time. Really looking forward to it.

Those are Aniplex of America releases, which never go on sale, except a few select older titles are usually included in the RS Holiday Sales. It used to be only about 10% or 15% off at the most, so singles were about $10 off and Box sets about $20 off, but last year's Holiday sales had quite a few more titles included in the sale, and for more $$ off. AoA seems to be slowly changing their standard procedures, so we don't know what to expect this coming November and December... Fate/Zero just got a new reprint run a year ago, so I doubt that one will be included in the Holiday sales for a couple years, but there may be a better chance with UBW. RS did seem to always put the sub-only Japanese Import sets on sale for Zero and UBW, but those were much more expensive to begin with, and I think they're about out of stock on all those now.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I'll wait until the end of this year and if they don't go on sale then I'll pick them up at the listed price. Here's hoping!

bread's done
Back