Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Right after you.

There are other threads for cartoons, it's a waste of time for those in this thread looking to discuss anime and manga deals.
Yeah, what a huuuuge waste of time. Must've taken a whole day just to read that one deal. And so many people are complaining about it too.

What other thread is that? I honestly would not know unless I was following this tread. 

Only once in a while does someone actually make a new thread concerning a Cartoon Deal like Rick and Morty, etc. 

What other thread is that? I honestly would not know unless I was following this tread.

Only once in a while does someone actually make a new thread concerning a Cartoon Deal like Rick and Morty, etc.
I'm curious as well, which other thread handles other cartoons specifically? Also thanks for the heads up on Index, I couldn't pass it at that price point.

Not an argument. Posting cartoons in the anime thread is off topic. That's the last I'll bring it up.

I know Japan still releases 3-4 episodes per volume. USA used to do that, but now, it's in batch or complete set.
...and that's why US anime video quality suffers so much compared to Japanese releases - because they always try to cram 9 or 10 episodes onto one disc. I'll take the three or four episodes per disc, anytime.

Same can be said for Avatar TLA and Korra.
And for RWBY... :D/

...and that's why US anime video quality suffers so much compared to Japanese releases - because they always try to cram 9 or 10 episodes onto one disc. I'll take the three or four episodes per disc, anytime.

I'll take 3-4 per disc if the quality is improved, but I'm not going to pay the huge mark ups for a disc that probably costs them $1-2 to add to the set. If they could adjust their pricing....be a hands down winner.

So. The new Death Note Movie released on Netflix. It's alrite for a Western Adaptation. Certainly better than Dragon Ball Evolutions. The Japanese Live Action films are still better. The Ryuk Design is cool. It kinda leaves room for a sequel?

Probably the best thing about the movie was William Dafoe's stellar performance as Ryuk.

Not down to spend that much.

Sentai is releasing eight Complete Series sets in their December release slate, and the preorders are already up on TRSI...

"This Christmas, Get All Of Your Favorite Sentai Filmworks Titles In Complete Series Releases In December"

When They Cry All 55 episodes Blu-ray set
Clannad & Clannad After Story Complete Series Blu-ray
To Love-Ru: Complete Series Blu-ray
Initial D Legend 1 Awakening Blu-ray/DVD Combo
The Familiar Of Zero: Complete Series Blu-ray
Chaika The Coffin Princess: Complete Series Blu-ray
Cross Ange Rondo Of Angel And Dragon: Complete Series Blu-ray
Hakkenden Eight Dogs Of The East: Complete Series Blu-ray
Not really sure what the point of these releases is when all of them have been cheaper to buy separately. Eg. Clannad S1 and S2 have been < $30 each a bunch of times. Most Sentai buyers should already have it as it is the best show they have ever produced and will likely ever produce.

Not really sure what the point of these releases is when all of them have been cheaper to buy separately. Eg. Clannad S1 and S2 have been < $30 each a bunch of times. Most Sentai buyers should already have it as it is the best show they have ever produced and will likely ever produce.
Season collections are ALWAYS welcome. Doesn't really matter if Clannad was cheaper at some point in the past since season 1 Blu-ray is currently out of print. I wish Viz would do this more often, as I'm still holding out for Tiger & Bunny complete set.

Season collections are ALWAYS welcome. Doesn't really matter if Clannad was cheaper at some point in the past since season 1 Blu-ray is currently out of print. I wish Viz would do this more often, as I'm still holding out for Tiger & Bunny complete set.
Agreed. I'm glad I kept holding out for a Log Horizon complete collection, it's finally coming in Nov (I think) and it's less than a pair of the half season sets. Can't wait for it to go on sale and be even less when I pick it up :twisted:

Agreed. I'm glad I kept holding out for a Log Horizon complete collection, it's finally coming in Nov (I think) and it's less than a pair of the half season sets. Can't wait for it to go on sale and be even less when I pick it up :twisted:
I'm excited to get the daily dose of DATABASE

I think I picked it up during one of the better sales that Sentai had and my cost / episode wasn't bad. I'm glad they are doing more true complete sets. I despise this piecemeal shit.
I enjoyed the series. I love how one of the characters fell in love with a NPC and almost lost his shit when he thought she died.

I doubt we would get a Season 3 due to the Author getting into some legal problems that he could've easily solved

I enjoyed the series. I love how one of the characters fell in love with a NPC and almost lost his shit when he thought she died.

I doubt we would get a Season 3 due to the Author getting into some legal problems that he could've easily solved
Doh...while there are aspects of the show I absolutely disliked (i.e. you're in a video game world and don't care about getting out? it never really comes up as a topic or goal for all these people? wtf?), it was a fun show and the characters were done very well. World was built well too. Sad we won't get a 3rd season, but there are so many great anime that are never finished or tied up (I'm looking at you No Game, No Life) that I guess I've gotten used to it.

The devil is a part timer needs a second season. A Certain Magical Index needs a 3rd. Lol.

At least Overlord is getting some love

I was referring to Beyond the Boundary. They show a trailer of that before you can watch Nozaki. It looked gorgeous; just don't know how is it. I should have known it's Kyoto Animation.
Beyond the Boundary is beautiful to look at but nothing special in terms of story. It also leaves some important things unexplained, even after watching the movie. A solid time waster for action fans that I would recommend streaming before buying.

Beyond the Boundary is beautiful to look at but nothing special in terms of story. It also leaves some important things unexplained, even after watching the movie. A solid time waster for action fans that I would recommend streaming before buying.
Is it done or room to explore? Like light novel or whatever. Well, thank you for your input.

At least Devil is a Part Timer has a translated Light Novel release, so you can read what happens after Season 1 (Volume 3 starts after Season 1)

Why isn't Log Horizon getting a 3rd season?? They left off on a huge cliff hanger that I hoped season 3 would come back this fall or next spring....

Why does all the good anime series only have 1 season when it keeps things open for a 2nd or 3rd season? I'm happy to hear Overlord is coming back but that's my "dark" mmo series and Log Horizon was my "light" series. I hope Konosuba comes back soon...The Devil is a part timer also needs a 2nd season. Is there anything I should watch that comes out this fall/winter besides Food Wars? I looked at the list and most of it looks iffy/meh besides Food Wars season 3.

Why isn't Log Horizon getting a 3rd season?? They left off on a huge cliff hanger that I hoped season 3 would come back this fall or next spring....

Why does all the good anime series only have 1 season when it keeps things open for a 2nd or 3rd season? I'm happy to hear Overlord is coming back but that's my "dark" mmo series and Log Horizon was my "light" series. I hope Konosuba comes back soon...The Devil is a part timer also needs a 2nd season. Is there anything I should watch that comes out this fall/winter besides Food Wars? I looked at the list and most of it looks iffy/meh besides Food Wars season 3.
Largely due to the sales and was mostly aired on a kid's network. If I'm not mistaken, I think the author was arrested for tax evasion or failing to report his income after being given so many warnings. I think Studios would stay away from the series after that.

We're going to have different tastes but I plan on watching Houseki no Kuni, Ousama Game, The Magister's Bride, UQ Holder, Summer Anime Leftovers, and a few others. I can recommend UQ Holder but it's going to have ecchi since it's from the creator of Love Hina and Negima.

I believe Konosuba is actually getting the 3rd Season.

I can recommend UQ Holder but it's going to have ecchi since it's from the creator of Love Hina and Negima.

I believe Konosuba is actually getting the 3rd Season.
Is the ecchi tasteful? Or just kind thrown in your face ecchi like To love Ru series. I think grown tired of ecchi anime series as they all have the same cliche scenarios. Shimoneta was actually interesting and I'd love another season of that lol. Same thing with prison school. I hope konosuba returns next spring...the industry needs konosuba imo. Not one episode was ever boring and always made me laugh and wanted to watch the next episode asap.

Watching knights & magic atm is giving me that mecha fix that Gundam build fighters season 1 gave me when it first came out and it's so refreshing to see a good mecha series again. I hope knights and magic gets a season 2 in the future. It definitely deserves it.

Is it done or room to explore? Like light novel or whatever.
There is a LN (3 volumes?) but sadly it was never translated to English. I've heard mixed commentary on where the anime and LN divert. MAL says the tv series covers the first two volumes, but I read somewhere else that everything after episode 3 is anime original. The movie storyline, which chronologically takes place after the end of the tv series, is anime original.

I can recommend UQ Holder but it's going to have ecchi since it's from the creator of Love Hina and Negima.
I love Negima manga, so I'll definitely check this one out ^^

There is a LN (3 volumes?) but sadly it was never translated to English. I've heard mixed commentary on where the anime and LN divert. MAL says the tv series covers the first two volumes, but I read somewhere else that everything after episode 3 is anime original. The movie storyline, which chronologically takes place after the end of the tv series, is anime original.

I love Negima manga, so I'll definitely check this one out ^^
Thanks for the reply.

it involves raising a baby or so I hear :p

I am slowly reading volume 1 right now lol.
I stopped reading after vol 5. It's a great series. Just got busy with real life. I'll pick it up again when I'm on vacation.

I think konosuba is being translated too, but they can't call it a fan translation. They're calling it a "fanfiction".

it involves raising a baby or so I hear :p

I am slowly reading volume 1 right now lol.
I had no idea, this pleases me greatly. Well the light novel stuff, I mean... And you reading of course, that's boss... But yeah... I'll shut up now, I got some Light Novels to order!

If you can find all the volumes. I'm sure old timers are pretty burnt up about the handling of Pokemon The Johto Journeys.

Sentai is releasing eight Complete Series sets in their December release slate, and the preorders are already up on TRSI...

"This Christmas, Get All Of Your Favorite Sentai Filmworks Titles In Complete Series Releases In December"

When They Cry All 55 episodes Blu-ray set
Clannad & Clannad After Story Complete Series Blu-ray
To Love-Ru: Complete Series Blu-ray
Initial D Legend 1 Awakening Blu-ray/DVD Combo
The Familiar Of Zero: Complete Series Blu-ray
Chaika The Coffin Princess: Complete Series Blu-ray
Cross Ange Rondo Of Angel And Dragon: Complete Series Blu-ray
Hakkenden Eight Dogs Of The East: Complete Series Blu-ray
I was planning to get Cross Ange so this could work out for me. But only if it goes on sale. The retail price isn't anything special.

Well, I finally bought something from Sentai, I hope this sale had a lot of sales so they'll learn that cheaper prices with still crappy shipping doesn't compute.  I bought Garden of Words, and Food Wars complete collection

So the Nozomi Kickstarter campaign to "Dub ALL of Aria" ended tonight with 2648 backers and $595,676 in pledges - a good finish and a pretty crazy pledge period this last month, with all the additional "Plus" tiers opening up for each sequential season once the stretch goals for the previous season were met. I ended up going for the most popular pledge level of Prima Triple Plus for all 3 seasons and the OVAs in the exclusive chipboard box, plus the extra $60 for the Hardcover Guidebook. There goes all my money, lol...  The Dark Lord also held a live stream event for an hour after the campaign ended to celebrate the success of the Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160939828/lets-dub-aria-the-animation

I don't really care that much for the series itself, but I still wanted to support Shawne of Rightstuf and Ann Yamamoto of Pied Piper in their Kickstarter - and I had fun participating in all the madness, too! 

Does anyone know the name of this anime? It's about a girl who runs? a school and is debunking ghost stories while simultaneously trying to prevent the apocalypse. I think her dad/grandpa was the old headmaster but he disappeared. 

The girl wears this inappropriately short white dress and she has long black hair and is a total bitch. (which is about 80% of anime girls)

Does anyone know the name of this anime? It's about a girl who runs? a school and is debunking ghost stories while simultaneously trying to prevent the apocalypse. I think her dad/grandpa was the old headmaster but he disappeared.

The girl wears this inappropriately short white dress and she has long black hair and is a total bitch. (which is about 80% of anime girls)
Ghost Stories

=P

bread's done
Back