Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Funimation actually revealed whats in the Kabaneri LE? If the only difference is digipak like the Berserk LE then honestly I'd probably rather just have the standard version.

Sentai posted on Twitter that they're putting th NGNL CE up for $46 at 6PM CT, they only have 100 left.

https://twitter.com/SentaiFilmworks/status/933817470267416576

Well this was unexpected. I went to Wal*Mart tonight to net myself Gotham: Season 3, and also on the promo/BF sale cardboard racks was...

$9.96 - Sailor Moon R: The Movie

So that came home with me too.

Some sad news....Amazon UK is now blocking the sale of AoA titles to the US. Not sure if it's just because there's a sale for some of this stuff or if this is a new policy. Tried buying Aldnoah Zero and got blocked. However I did put in an order for a Switch and that went through even though it said it wouldn't ship to the US. I voluntarily cancelled that one though because I was concerned about not getting a warranty for it.

Some sad news....Amazon UK is now blocking the sale of AoA titles to the US. Not sure if it's just because there's a sale for some of this stuff or if this is a new policy. Tried buying Aldnoah Zero and got blocked. However I did put in an order for a Switch and that went through even though it said it wouldn't ship to the US. I voluntarily cancelled that one though because I was concerned about not getting a warranty for it.
You weren't blocked. Orders from Amazon go through fine. Orders from third party retailers (even if fulfilled by Amazon) usually don't allow international shipping.

Eh, I've been holding out for the School Live premium box to go on sale. It's $60.99 now, Should I just bite the bullet? It's probably not gonna go lower than that this year right?

What do you guys think of the gundam blu-ray sets on sale at rightstuf?  I'm thinking about ordering a few, like the gundam wing set that's on sale.  I'm just trying to decide if it is worth replacing my DVD sets.  I have most of them on DVD already.

What do you guys think of the gundam blu-ray sets on sale at rightstuf? I'm thinking about ordering a few, like the gundam wing set that's on sale. I'm just trying to decide if it is worth replacing my DVD sets. I have most of them on DVD already.
I'm slowly doing this, but I'm also a huge Gundam fan. It's my favorite anime franchise.

I'm slowly doing this, but I'm also a huge Gundam fan. It's my favorite anime franchise.
I think it’s worth the upgrade based on the improved picture quality alone. If anything, it’ll also take up significantly less space than the DVDs.

The problem is not all of the Gundam are on sale as they should be! This is why Rightstuff is a fail all the time to me.

I'm interested in some stuff from the Sentai sale, but my cart is not reflecting the Black Friday prices. The low prices show up when I search for a title, but when I get to the product page the price is higher. I thought the price would be lower once I started the checkout process, but it's not. Definitely frustrating.

I'm interested in some stuff from the Sentai sale, but my cart is not reflecting the Black Friday prices. The low prices show up when I search for a title, but when I get to the product page the price is higher. I thought the price would be lower once I started the checkout process, but it's not. Definitely frustrating.
Make sure you’re logged into your account before going to your cart. I had that issue until I had logged in.

Lol, yeah, that's a typical response I would expect in this forum. It is quite entertaining here sometimes - Thanks! :mrgreen:
fb8296fd2debfbcea96c592749bcbee8.gif

I just noticed FUNimation added a few more items to their Black Friday week sales. A few bundles were added but some repeats from last year showed up as well.

Missed out on Hellsing Ultimate last year since I expected the series to get a "complete" release. It's been two years since the last set came out so the odds of that are looking a little grim. Think I should jump on this for $60 or wait for it to sink even more? As much as possible, I'd really prefer to own it in one set as opposed to three separate cases.

I just noticed FUNimation added a few more items to their Black Friday week sales. A few bundles were added but some repeats from last year showed up as well.

Missed out on Hellsing Ultimate last year since I expected the series to get a "complete" release. It's been two years since the last set came out so the odds of that are looking a little grim. Think I should jump on this for $60 or wait for it to sink even more? As much as possible, I'd really prefer to own it in one set as opposed to three separate cases.
I'm still going to hold out for a complete set myself

I'm gonna have to be more careful on Funi's store in the future.   I was not aware that logging into your paypal constituted finishing an order with them.   :shock:   I was expecting to goto a order confirmation page.  Now I have to deal with canceling an order I wasn't expecting to make in the first place!

Got a Rightstuf email about some early access holiday deals for "Got Anime" members and see the collectors edition for Outlaw Star blu ray for 54.99

Anyone have this set?

Is it worth it for that price?

Before anyone says anything I got the membership for free because they screwed an order I made.

I'm gonna have to be more careful on Funi's store in the future. I was not aware that logging into your paypal constituted finishing an order with them. :shock: I was expecting to goto a order confirmation page. Now I have to deal with canceling an order I wasn't expecting to make in the first place!
You must have some kind of speedy checkout enabled or something. I had to log in, select my payment, then click pay before I paid for my order

Ended up with:

Nadia The Secret of Blue Water

She, The Ultimate Weapon (Saikano)

When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace

The Comic Artist and His Assistants

Maoyu

Hanauyko Maid Team

He Is My Master

No Game, No Life

Rozen Maiden

Amagami SS+

Guardian Ninja Mamoru

Golden Time 1 and 2

Azumanga Daioh

Ushio and Tora

The World God Only Knows Ultimate Collection

I had a lot more I wanted, but this is the amount I can stomach without feeling instant buyer's remorse. Wish I had more money I was willing to burn. Alas, I don't have that luxury anymore like I did last year. 

I'm glad there wasn't any tax

oh look sentai is having a cyber monday sale, with dvds on sale for 80% off again after saying in their black friday say they would never be this low again.

I honestly have no clue if anything is actually cheaper this time aside from the premium box of sakamoto. every dvd price I checked was the same at least.

I'm not down to browse through 35 pages again. :lol:
i did it for you, its basically the same. i might be crazy and some of the 20.99 dropped to 18.99 but i also may have just mixed them up with other blu rays in my brain since the sale started. either way they shouldve put a single dvd on 90% off just so they could advertise the 90% off sale as their last blow out haha.

i did it for you, its basically the same. i might be crazy and some of the 20.99 dropped to 18.99 but i also may have just mixed them up with other blu rays in my brain since the sale started. either way they shouldve put a single dvd on 90% off just so they could advertise the 90% off sale as their last blow out haha.
"UP TO 90% GUYS!!"

Just like what Gamestops does. "Videogames starting as low as $9.99!" And it turns out be to just their Game Trust published fking Has-Been Heroes

I looked at about 5 pages before getting bored. Everything either went up or stayed the same.

Edit: They technically did say the box sets will not be the same price (they all went up), and DVD will never be this low again (which is true if the DVD prices never went up). It's still loads better than "Up to 90% off" and having literally one thing at 90% off, and the rest at 50% off or worse.

I looked at about 5 pages before getting bored. Everything either went up or stayed the same.

Edit: They technically did say the box sets will not be the same price (they all went up), and DVD will never be this low again (which is true if the DVD prices never went up). It's still loads better than "Up to 90% off" and having literally one thing at 90% off, and the rest at 50% off or worse.
I didn't figure much would change. Ideally around christmas some of the premium box sets will go really cheap again.

will be a great thing to use my $50 gift card on. worst case I will pick up season 2 of a new release or something and just include it as part of my current order lol.

Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed in the absence of a buy 2 get 1 free manga deal at Barnes and Noble this year.

Yep, I cancelled Iron Blooded Orphans LE and Gundam Wing saving about $75 shopping through Amazon.
Oh wow didn't notice the Gundam Wing set dropped in price again. Amazon price corrected my order already.

I hope that Outlaw Star blu ray i ordered will drop on amazon too.

bread's done
Back