Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Went ahead and got the two Fairy Tail pre-orders, Tales of Zestria and D. Gray Man. I'm sure they'll get cancelled since they are long-time pre-orders, but why not.

Try Chaos Dragon for being a mega deal for Christmas for the worst deal of the forum. What’s next? Next year, we’ll get one for King’s Game?

To my fellow anime fans:

merryheavensday.jpg

Sentai filmworks has a sale on premium box bundles. Best deals are the Parasyte maxim and akame ga kill for 20 a part. Standarda have never gone below 28 as far as I know.

The former is amazing while the later starts off well but ends very poory (manga does it better)

Sentai filmworks has a sale on premium box bundles. Best deals are the Parasyte maxim and akame ga kill for 20 a part. Standarda have never gone below 28 as far as I know.

The former is amazing while the later starts off well but ends very poory (manga does it better)
Do you know if the discs come in a DVD size case or a blu-ray size case with those? They look to be all DVD size cases.

Sentai premium Bluray boxes always seem come in DVD size cases. Hence why I avoid them like the plague, unless they're ridiculously cheap or something.
Ive never gotten a dvd size case yet. Is there something wrong with them or is it cause they aren't the same height as a normal blu ray case?

...you've seriously never seen a DVD case ever in your life? The main difference is they're taller than Bluray, and give a bit of a retro old-school feel, resembling anime box sets from early 2000's. Some people love that aspect, but not something I personally want from a modern Blu-ray release.

Sentai lowered their premium box prices again! This really pisses me off. Great if you didn't buy anything. But really sucks if you bought something and then see it continually drop in price just a few weeks after. Just give me the sale price to start with so I don't feel cheated.

Also I agree the premium box dvd cases feel cheap. Like they just had a bunch leftover so they use them for the LEs.

...you've seriously never seen a DVD case ever in your life? The main difference is they're taller than Bluray, and give a bit of a retro old-school feel, resembling anime box sets from early 2000's. Some people love that aspect, but not something I personally want from a modern Blu-ray release.
I know what a dvd case looks like. I just thought from the way you worded it that there were taller blu ray cases made to be the same size as dvd cases.

I download anime from Animetorrents for free. It's a private torrent tracker specializing in anime content only. I just bought an invitation at invites shop and now I have access to a large collections of anime like Anime Movies, Anime TV Series, OVA, Manga and Light Novels.

All RS Mega Deals are back today: https://www.rightstufanime.com/sale/todays-mega-deal

I was tempted to get the Squid Girl set as I liked S1 and didn't know there was a S2, but it looks like they didn't bring back the English cast from S1 (other than for Squid Girl) :\
Everything went up by a few cents. Weird. Also lol at that mega mega deal. I'd be surprised if anyone bought that.

Overall no surprise that it was a weak holiday sale.

I did pick up some things though.

Prison School and Daily Lives of High School Boys were at their all-time low.

Also got Seiyu's Life(DVD) which was also at it's cheapest yet.

And got Devil is a Part Timer. It was actually cheaper last year but threw it in since I was getting other stuff.

I can't help but chuckle sometimes with some sales. they brought back the mega sale for that gundam trilogy for 29 bucks but just a few days ago a store on ebay was selling like 40ish copies of it for 20 bucks a piece new.  probably just getting rid of stock that doesn't sell but hey when i can find better deals on ebay or amazon (had my hero academia for 20 bucks when it was on sale at funimation for 30+) vs the site that owns the products it always just makes me smile.

As predicted back in early November, NISA titles are definitely in liquidation. Start or finish your NISA anime collection while you still can, checklist here:

http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect/

Rather irratating that NISA hasn't seen fit to put their own anime on sale on their own webstore this year. Maybe they're holding back to do a New Year's sale?

RACS: Holiday Sale - Salvo #10:

For a additional 10% off of the listed prices use coupon code "YEARENDSAVING" at checkout.
http://www.animecornerstore.com/salvo10.html
$ 24.99 - Arakawa Under the Bridge (DVD)
$ 29.99 - Arakawa Under the Bridge (BD)
$ 24.99 - Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge: Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 18.99 - Brave 10: Premium Bonus Set (Blu-Ray)
$ 34.98 - Cardcaptor Sakura: Standard Edition: Volume 1 (DVD)
$ 24.99 - Cardcaptor Sakura: Standard Edition: Volume 2 (DVD)
$ 24.99 - Cardcaptor Sakura: Standard Edition: Volume 3 (DVD)
$ 34.99 - Chronicles of the Going Home Club: Premium Bonus Set (Blu-ray)
$ 24.99 - Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress: Premium Edition (Blu-Ray)
$ 29.99 - Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl: Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 14.99 - Hanasaku Iroha: The Movie ~ HOME SWEET HOME ~: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 24.99 - Hanasaku Iroha: Blossoms For Tomorrow: Volume 1: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 24.99 - Hanasaku Iroha: Blossoms For Tomorrow: Volume 2: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 34.99 - House of Five Leaves: Standard Edition (DVD)
$ 35.99 - Love Live!: School Idol Project: 1st Season: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 64.99 - Love Live!: School Idol Project: 2nd Season: Premium Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 35.99 - Love Live!: School Idol Project: 2nd Season: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 57.99 - Love Live!: The School Idol Movie: Premium Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 29.99 - Love Live!: The School Idol Movie: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 41.99 - My Little Monster: Complete Premium Bonus Set (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 32.99 - Occult Academy: Standard Edition (Blu-Ray)
$ 19.99 - Our Home's Fox Deity: Volume 2: Premium Edition (DVD)
$ 14.99 - Persona ~ Trinity Soul ~: Collection 2: Standard Edition (DVD)
$ 29.99 - The Eccentric Family: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$  8.99 - The Everyday Tales of a Cat God: Premium Bonus Set (Blu-Ray)
$ 17.99 - The Princess and the Pilot: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 32.99 - Wagnaria!!: Season 2: Standard Edition (Blu-Ray)
$ 32.99 - Yuru Yuri: Season 1: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 59.77 - Yuru Yuri: Season 2: Premium Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 32.99 - Yuru Yuri: Season 2: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)

TRSI: Holiday Sales Event:
https://www.rightstufanime.com/publisher/NIS-AMERICA/sale/everything-on-sale?order=displayname:asc
$ 89.99 - A Lull in the Sea: Complete Series: Premium Bonus Set (Blu-ray)
$ 49.99 - A Lull in the Sea: Volume 1 & 2 Standard Edition Bundle (DVD)
$ 25.99 - A Lull in the Sea: Volume 1 Standard Edition (DVD)
$ 25.99 - A Lull in the Sea: Volume 2 Standard Edition (DVD)
$ 39.99 - Arakawa Under the Bridge: Standard Edition Season 1 & 2 Bundle (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 19.99 - Arakawa Under the Bridge: Standard Edition (DVD)
$ 20.99 - Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge: Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 16.25 - Brave 10: Premium Bonus Set (Blu-Ray)
$ 34.99 - Bunny Drop: Complete Series: Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 99.99 - Cardcaptor Sakura: Complete Series: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 79.99 - Cardcaptor Sakura: DVD Bundle
$ 26.99 - Cardcaptor Sakura: Standard Edition: Volume 1 (DVD)
$ 26.99 - Cardcaptor Sakura: Standard Edition: Volume 2 (DVD)
$ 26.99 - Cardcaptor Sakura: Standard Edition: Volume 3 (DVD)
$ 39.99 - Chronicles of the Going Home Club: Premium Bonus Set (Blu-ray)
$ 24.99 - Daily Lives of High School Boys: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 29.99 - Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 34.99 - Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl: Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 69.99 - Hanasaku Iroha: Blu-Ray Bundle (Both Seasons + Movie)
$ 20.99 - Hanasaku Iroha: The Movie ~ HOME SWEET HOME ~: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 19.99 - Hanasaku Iroha: Blossoms For Tomorrow: Volume 1: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 29.99 - Hanasaku Iroha: Blossoms For Tomorrow: Volume 2: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 29.99 - If Her Flag Breaks: Complete Premium Bonus Set (Blu-ray)
$ 79.99 - Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You: Volumes 1 - 3 Standard Edition Bundle (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 19.99 - Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You: Volume 1 Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 59.49 - Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You: Volume 2 Premium Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 20.99 - Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You: Volume 2 Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 29.99 - Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You: Volume 3 Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 73.99 - Love Live!: School Idol Project: Seasons 1 & 2 + Movie Bundle Standard Edition Bundle (Blu-ray)
$ 19.99 - Love Live!: School Idol Project: 1st Season: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 29.99 - Love Live!: School Idol Project: 2nd Season: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 24.99 - Love Live!: The School Idol Movie: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 29.99 - My Little Monster: Complete Premium Bonus Set (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 78.99 - Natsume's Book of Friends: Seasons 1 - 4: Standard Edition Bundle (DVD)
$ 19.99 - Natsume's Book of Friends: Season 1 & 2: Standard Edition (DVD)
$ 29.99 - Natsume's Book of Friends: Season 3: Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 29.99 - Natsume's Book of Friends: Season 4: Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 24.99 - Nyaruko: Crawling with Love!: First Season: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 29.99 - Our Home's Fox Deity: Volumes 1 & 2: Standard Edition Bundle (DVD)
$ 15.99 - Our Home's Fox Deity: Volume 1: Standard Edition (DVD)
$ 14.99 - Our Home's Fox Deity: Volume 2: Standard Edition (DVD)
$ 40.49 - Pandora Hearts: Volumes 1 & 2: Standard Edition Bundle (DVD)
$ 19.99 - Pandora Hearts: Volume 1: Standard Edition (DVD)
$ 25.99 - Pandora Hearts: Volume 2: Standard Edition (DVD)
$ 29.99 - The Eccentric Family: Premium Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 39.99 - The Pilot's Love Song & The Princess and the Pilot: Standard Edition Bundle (Blu-ray)
$ 25.99 - The Pilot's Love Song: Premium Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 14.99 - The Princess and the Pilot: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 22.99 - The Troubled Life of Miss Kotoura: Complete Premium Bonus Set (Blu-ray)
$ 59.99 - Toradora!: Volumes 1 & 2: Standard Edition Bundle (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 30.99 - Toradora!: Volume 1: Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 30.99 - Toradora!: Volume 2: Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combo)
$ 49.99 - Yuru Yuri: Seasons 1 & 2: Standard Edition Bundle (Blu-ray)
$ 25.99 - Yuru Yuri: Season 1: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
$ 25.99 - Yuru Yuri: Season 2: Standard Edition (Blu-ray)

Spent $50 at Rightstuf and Sentai this holiday season.

Rightstuf:

Phantom Requiem for the Phantom

Yamishibai

Kamui Gaiden

Shangri-La Complete Series

$1 Live Action Blind Box to get free shipping (revealed to be a 2-pk. horror movie set)

Sentai: 

Parasyte Collection 1

Parasyte Collection 2

Kino's Journey Complete Collection

Never expected to get the DBZ and Parasyte collections for under $20 per set. Sentai and Funimation really came through for me this year.

The other sets sounded good from the descriptions so I should have plenty of content to keep me entertained in time for another sale next year.

As predicted back in early November, NISA titles are definitely in liquidation. Start or finish your NISA anime collection while you still can, checklist here:

http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect/

Rather irratating that NISA hasn't seen fit to put their own anime on sale on their own webstore this year. Maybe they're holding back to do a New Year's sale?
I guess this brings up the question on if I grab Love Live off Righstuf now or wait and see if a better deal comes up

I download anime from Animetorrents for free. It's a private torrent tracker specializing in anime content only. I just bought an invitation at invites shop and now I have access to a large collections of anime like Anime Movies, Anime TV Series, OVA, Manga and Light Novels.

How do you know NISA anime is being liquidated?
Oh that's easy... signs. Great big unavoidable signs.

2008.08.21_15.21.01_-_Steve_Alexander.jpg

1. No new titles or re-releases of already licensed titles announced by NISA at either Anime Expo 2016 or 2017.

2. No new anime releases from them since 2nd Quarter 2016.

3. The Prinnies stopped talking about NISA anime November 2016, with last mention being the special value bundle in the 2016 Holiday Sale.

4. The only two "retail" partners that stock NISA anime (TRSI & RACS) have clearly made a effort to dump inventory this holiday season at considerable discount off of the MSRP, with RACS deleting titles as they sell out, and TRSI now listing the bulk of the NISA titles they've sold out of as being OOP.

5. A prelude sign to sign number 4, a sign of the discounts that have come from RACS and TRSI was that NISA themselves didn't put any anime on sale during their annual Holiday Sale this year, the week of Cyber Monday. It was the first time they've neglected to discount at least a title or two of anime during their annual sale since they became a anime publisher. This was a rather clear sign that something was going on behind the scenes, and being someone with over a decade business experience myself it was a sure sign that a deal had been negotiated with the retail partners to afford them a headstart at selling off their own inventory before NISA clears out their warehouse. It's a method of maintaining good business relations with companies you don't want to lose as partners for future endeavors even though things didn't work out as hoped for in the existing arrangement.

So it's like this NISA hasn't officially stated that they've exited the market as a anime publisher. But, at present moment it is clear that they've effectively exited the market as a anime publisher. This leaves the proverbial door open for them to re-enter the market again in the future, but it seems a awful lot to me like they didn't fully grasp how to properly handle being a anime publisher in the late game. Instead they treated the handling of anime no differently then how they handle the sale and marketing of their video game titles which only works in the short game sales wise for home video media.

So with niche video game publishing, something that NISA is really good at, you market and hype up the title, typically offer up the game title as a collector's edition only or as a collector's edition and a standard edition, take pre-orders, and recognizing the limited interest in whatever the game is place a manufacturing order for as many copies as you feel you're going to be able to sell at full MSRP and no more. This is a reasonable business model for video games.

Anime is a sit your butt down and watch the screen media though. As such, the overall appeal is considerably broader for anime than it is for niche video games. While anime is still also somehow regarded as having only a niche appeal (probably by the same aging critics who thought Episode VIII was good) the truth is anime is a much easier to sell product than a truly niche appeal video game. And that's where NISA went wrong, by handling all of their anime licenses exactly like their video game licenses and then not stopping to consider why it wasn't working all that well.

They failed to pay attention to successful anime publishers, such as Funimation, and thereby missed out that the bulk of a typical anime title sales occur not while the title is initially out at full MSRP, but six or more months later after the price has dropped. Or even a year or more later when the value priced, no frills, re-release is offered.

So NISA as a anime publisher isn't hopeless, they're just at present time... dormant.

That's a lot of words for, "I'm guessing." ;D

NISA have gone radio silence before with their anime front though, so it's not terribly unusual, but it certainly does seem like there's some signs out there currently that makes their future line a bit unclear.

Hopefully it's just another reshuffling, and restructure.  I mean, NISA had a lot of stuff going on this year and the year before, so maybe they decided to shift their focus on the gaming front rather than the anime front.

I went ahead and picked up Brave 10 and My Little Monster and just paid the $5 in shipping since I couldn't find anything worthy to fill the hole that didn't make my stomach churn from the $ / episode. Also picked up Psychic Detective Yakumo, K-On Movie, and Blue Spring Ride (along with the Made in Abyss prints) from Sentai. 

And afterwards they'll send out a newsletter noting that the code was only for the most loyal members, and wasn't meant to be distributed to anyone else.

I don't know if this is a deal or not, but Oreimo in Amazon UK (UK region locked) basically cost ~ $50 shipped for 32 episodes (standard + OVA). I hadn't been tracking that show, but decided to check on all AoA shows to see what Amazon UK had and noticed the price. I'm not unhappy, though it is DVD only. AoA never did a BD version, though I don't see how this show would benefit.

Whats the point of the 10% off if it means u can't get free shipping? Never heard of RACS till now
This is my 2nd post of 2017 but just wanted to say that the owner has been infamously known for just being a jerk. If you're a business owner, the customer is always right. If someone misunderstood a sale/code, you explain it with a proper notice to the customer(s). But in his little bizarro world, he believes he has a cult of VIP customers and gets really nasty when you call him out on stuff he flubs up on. In particular, the thing he can never get right on his er, nostalgic looking site is discount codes. And god forbid, you misuse a discount code because he'll either personally write a nasty e-mail to you, reference this thread in his holy newsletter or will as the guys have said, charge you full price just to be spiteful and not warn you then ship it.

This thread can tell you about the great Toradora scandal in 2014 but the above is pretty much how he works when you anger him.

PS. He lurks this thread.

bread's done
Back