Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Did everyone else who preordered the new Lupin set from RS get theirs shipped on the 26th? Mine did not, I had to email them about it to ship it. Crazy.

Whats the point of the 10% off if it means u can't get free shipping? Never heard of RACS till now
There's a reason the regulars don't recommend them.

In 2014, Tora Dora was coming out. Rightstuf had it for pre-order for something like $86. RACS had it for $89. Someone posted a 10% off coupon code here, like Tweeg just did, and said it works on Tora Dora. That brought it down to $81.

Nothing outrageous, right?

So when the set was released, people were being charged $89. No indication whatsoever that the coupon will be voided, INCLUDING an email with the $81 price when it shipped. Of course, by then, the Rightstuf post-release price also went up to like $95.

When confronted, he refused to honor the price, nor pay for return shipping.

And in his next newsletter, he actually called out CAG for abusing coupons or being fraudsters or some BS like that.

And now, we make fun of him. But he lurks here and pops in maybe once a year to spew BS.

There's also another incident around the same time, where he claimed to be selling his personal copy Love Live because he loves his customers so much. Except he also posted a box full of the same set he had in stock later that week. Another reason why we point and laugh at him.

Ripoff anime corner store
chaika-clapping.gif

Isn't it illegal to charge a more expensive price after you ordered it? Also i would have contacted my cresit card company and showed them the invoice with the correct price. That dispute would have been won. This guy sounds horrible.

The "corner store" is always a ripoff.  Super Value two blocks from my house sell's Rose's Lime Juice mixer for $7.XX but I was able to buy it at Target for $3.50. 

corner store = higher prices.

The "corner store" is always a ripoff. Super Value two blocks from my house sell's Rose's Lime Juice mixer for $7.XX but I was able to buy it at Target for $3.50.

corner store = higher prices.
Hahahaha, at first I was lost with your analogy, then it all came together at the end

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow, I knew nothing of those incidents. I knew many here were critical of RACS, but I wasn't aware as to the reasoning.

^^^ You won't find many of us here that like RACS. Sure they have a deal every now and then but personally I'd rather not see posts about them. After all the crap they have pulled in the past.

Got my limited edition parasyte blu ray dvds. I guess i dont see the problem with cases. Seem fine to me. No different then anime dvds ive owned in the past. I like all the extra stuff i got. Totally worth 20 bucks a piece.

Got my limited edition parasyte blu ray dvds. I guess i dont see the problem with cases. Seem fine to me. No different then anime dvds ive owned in the past. I like all the extra stuff i got. Totally worth 20 bucks a piece.
The only difference is it's a BD/DVD combo using DVD cases when for consistency and the fact that everyone else doing these combos uses BD size it irritates some of us. Nothing more unless ur opposed to large sets in general then you don't bother with these premium editions to begin with.

The only difference is it's a BD/DVD combo using DVD cases when for consistency and the fact that everyone else doing these combos uses BD size it irritates some of us. Nothing more unless ur opposed to large sets in general then you don't bother with these premium editions to begin with.
I did think these were going to take up a lot of shelf space. But then again ive been meaning to buy a multimedia shelving unit to alleviate any problems like this.

I import a lot of Japanese anime and a large majority of their Blu-ray LE sets are DVD sized with digipaks inside, so I'm quite used to that. I actually prefer the taller box size for CE/PE/LE sets so that you get larger art and larger books, pamphlets, cards, or posters inside. The taller box also gives the impression of being more "special" as a limited edition. I do love JP-quality chipboard and digipaks, they totally put US releases to shame, construction-wise. Another plus is that the JP LE sets are Blu-ray only, so no garbage DVDs cluttering up the set. DVDs and trinkets I can totally do without, so I find most Sentai PE sets to be too bloated and too wide for my tastes, rather than being too tall. I only own their Knights of Sidonia, Parasyte, and the (bloated) Beyond the Boundary PE sets. I may eventually get the Ajin sets, as those are pretty basic, but that will be about it for Sentai PE sets me.

I import a lot of Japanese anime and a large majority of their Blu-ray LE sets are DVD sized with digipaks inside, so I'm quite used to that. I actually prefer the taller box size for CE/PE/LE sets so that you get larger art and larger books, pamphlets, cards, or posters inside. The taller box also gives the impression of being more "special" as a limited edition. I do love JP-quality chipboard and digipaks, they totally put US releases to shame, construction-wise. Another plus is that the JP LE sets are Blu-ray only, so no garbage DVDs cluttering up the set. DVDs and trinkets I can totally do without, so I find most Sentai PE sets to be too bloated and too wide for my tastes, rather than being too tall. I only own their Knights of Sidonia, Parasyte, and the (bloated) Beyond the Boundary PE sets. I may eventually get the Ajin sets, as those are pretty basic, but that will be about it for Sentai PE sets me.
I Totally agree honestly for movies and tv shows Im leaning on digital replacing dvd in the combo pack. Also sentai has released some pretty unique sets like Food Wars and Is it Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon that although oddly shaped and large I really enjoy the creativity and they feel more premium.

If you don't mind importing and dealing with other region disks....

manman has some good deals going on

https://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?method=browse&saleId=212&sortKey=3

some big stand outs. $5 per disk of [SIZE=11pt]Puella Magi Madoka Magica making it about $20 for the series shipped on blu ray (same price on dvd if you want it)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic is $15 per season[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]and [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Magi: The Kingdom of Magic  is $10 per season but both are DVD only[/SIZE]

If you don't mind importing and dealing with other region disks....

manman has some good deals going on

https://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?method=browse&saleId=212&sortKey=3

some big stand outs. $5 per disk of [SIZE=11pt]Puella Magi Madoka Magica making it about $20 for the series shipped on blu ray (same price on dvd if you want it)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic is $15 per season[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]and [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Magi: The Kingdom of Magic is $10 per season but both are DVD only[/SIZE]
Are there any working coupon codes?

Are there any working coupon codes?
I don't know of any.

in fact I had a 25% off coupon from them for christmas and once I applied it my total went from $200 to $680 as it removed all the sale prices and took the 25% off the original price of them lol.

If you are pricing stuff out, my shipped total was $205 (with $45 in shipping) but since it's in AU not USD it was only $170 from my paypal account.

they seem to have star diver in there incorrectly as it alone adds like $13 in shipping lol.

my full order was

0yQJbF6.png

E2sufro.png

for some reason when you go to check out the prices lower a bit :p

zulux21 is my savior. Was trying to find a good deal for Blast of Tempest literally a few days ago and it was impossible.

1 x Silver Spoon Season 1 Collection (Subtitled Edition) $7.26

1 x Naruto Shippuden the Movie (Blu-Ray) $6.35

1 x Naruto Shippuden Movie 5: Blood Prison (Blu-Ray) $6.35

1 x Naruto Shippuden Movie 4: The Lost Tower (Blu-Ray) $6.35

1 x Naruto Shippuden Movie 3: The Will of Fire (Blu-Ray) $6.35

1 x Lord Marksman and Vanadis Complete Series (Blu-Ray) $9.08

1 x Date a Live II (Season 2) Complete Series (Blu-Ray) $9.08

1 x Bleach the Movie 4: Hell Verse (Blu-Ray) $9.08

1 x Blast of Tempest Complete Series (Subtitled Edition) $9.08

1 x Bleach the Movie: Memories of Nobody (Blu-Ray) $2.72

1 x Bleach the Movie 2: The Diamonddust Rebellion (Blu-Ray) $4.54

with $13 AUD shipping was ~ $90 AUD. So about $70 USD for all those goodies. Quite happy. I almost didn't put in Silver Spoon until I realized who published it and knew that I may never get the 2nd season unless it miraculously goes on sale, but it's never, ever going to get a compilation! Was also nice to grab all those random Bleach/Naruto movies on blu-ray for dirt cheap. I did consider Lagrange, Kamisama Kiss, and Magi, but wanted the blu-ray versions for #1 and #3 and Kamisama Kiss is a Funimation property, so I expect to get a fairly cheap, blu-ray combination in the future.

zulux21 is my savior. Was trying to find a good deal for Blast of Tempest literally a few days ago and it was impossible.

1 x Silver Spoon Season 1 Collection (Subtitled Edition) $7.26

1 x Naruto Shippuden the Movie (Blu-Ray) $6.35

1 x Naruto Shippuden Movie 5: Blood Prison (Blu-Ray) $6.35

1 x Naruto Shippuden Movie 4: The Lost Tower (Blu-Ray) $6.35

1 x Naruto Shippuden Movie 3: The Will of Fire (Blu-Ray) $6.35

1 x Lord Marksman and Vanadis Complete Series (Blu-Ray) $9.08

1 x Date a Live II (Season 2) Complete Series (Blu-Ray) $9.08

1 x Bleach the Movie 4: Hell Verse (Blu-Ray) $9.08

1 x Blast of Tempest Complete Series (Subtitled Edition) $9.08

1 x Bleach the Movie: Memories of Nobody (Blu-Ray) $2.72

1 x Bleach the Movie 2: The Diamonddust Rebellion (Blu-Ray) $4.54

with $13 AUD shipping was ~ $90 AUD. So about $70 USD for all those goodies. Quite happy. I almost didn't put in Silver Spoon until I realized who published it and knew that I may never get the 2nd season unless it miraculously goes on sale, but it's never, ever going to get a compilation! Was also nice to grab all those random Bleach/Naruto movies on blu-ray for dirt cheap. I did consider Lagrange, Kamisama Kiss, and Magi, but wanted the blu-ray versions for #1 and #3 and Kamisama Kiss is a Funimation property, so I expect to get a fairly cheap, blu-ray combination in the future.
yeah I had ordered blast of tempest from them previously as it didn't have an NA release that I saw.

I get a good number of my aniplex releases from them as the shipping isn't to bad for the distance it is shipping and their prices are really good on sales like this. Heck I almost ordered the 3 sword art online that were in stock at $10 each, but decided I would wait and hope that the UK complete season release gets pretty cheap at some point.

plus it's great that I don't have to jump through any hoops to get it shipped to me. Some hoops to play them, but nothing to serious. though blu rays are more of a pain to get working on my PC from other regions than DVDs since I only have an external blu ray player lol.

Speaking of Silver Spoon, I thought Anime Limited was supposed to release the Blu-rays? It seems like it’s been over a year since they made the announcement; either that or I am sorely mistaken and we’ll never see the show get a HD release.

Speaking of Silver Spoon, I thought Anime Limited was supposed to release the Blu-rays? It seems like it’s been over a year since they made the announcement; either that or I am sorely mistaken and we’ll never see the show get a HD release.
If this website is reliable, then that is correct:

http://www.fandompost.com/2016/11/07/anime-limited-confirms-silver-spoon-blu-ray-plans/

I didn't realize they were going to do blus! That's awesome. I'm not going to change my order since the DVD is dirt cheap, but this definitely make me happy that I will be able to get it on blu later on at some point.

This sale results in the obligatory where can I get a cheap region free Blu-ray player and for how much.
I used 220 Electronics, though I warn against the LG players. I had to send mine back twice before asking for a Sony instead, which is currently functioning well. I think there's also a Seiki player that is naturally region free without any special hardware.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MB54M9W/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2ZN1YXYMBV9XE&colid=24DDKWYNAYV1K&psc=0

I don't know of any.

in fact I had a 25% off coupon from them for christmas and once I applied it my total went from $200 to $680 as it removed all the sale prices and took the 25% off the original price of them lol.

If you are pricing stuff out, my shipped total was $205 (with $45 in shipping) but since it's in AU not USD it was only $170 from my paypal account.

they seem to have star diver in there incorrectly as it alone adds like $13 in shipping lol.

my full order was

0yQJbF6.png

E2sufro.png

for some reason when you go to check out the prices lower a bit :p
Madoka Magica!!! Vol. 3 is OOS now :(

while that Australian site deal is amazing. sadly everything i want thats on sale is only the DVD format . anyone own any Region B format and can give their feedback?

while that Australian site deal is amazing. sadly everything i want thats on sale is only the DVD format . anyone own any Region B format and can give their feedback?
I have a friend in England who use to import a lot of his anime from Australia. Most of the time the Australian publisher licensed and re-used the English dubbs made by the American publishers. Kind of a missed oppurtunity as I think a English dubbed anime produced by Australians could be a big hit if they incorporated their native dialect and accents. Can you just imagine?

I have a friend in England who use to import a lot of his anime from Australia. Most of the time the Australian publisher licensed and re-used the English dubbs made by the American publishers. Kind of a missed oppurtunity as I think a English dubbed anime produced by Australians could be a big hit if they incorporated their native dialect and accents. Can you just imagine?
It's more of a business thing. Re-using an english dub that everyone can understand = cheap as hell vs spending a couple hundred thousand to re-dub. I've noticed with the UK version of SAO, the sub-titles were definitely tweaked to use more British vernacular vs American. Didn't listen to dub, but can't imagine they didn't use the American VAs.

And there goes Fairy Tail Zero....betting they are just slowly working through and manually cancelling. Would be nice if they gave a coupon or something for fucking up.

For those who got their Best Buy orders cancelled, did you just order the animes by themselves?

I ask because I ordered Gintama with a blu-ray that was ready to ship, and it isn't cancelled yet. Wondering if that might keep them from canning it.

For those who got their Best Buy orders cancelled, did you just order the animes by themselves?

I ask because I ordered Gintama with a blu-ray that was ready to ship, and it isn't cancelled yet. Wondering if that might keep them from canning it.
I ordered Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry by itself. It was the only price error item I was interested in, and it got cancelled for me.

I ordered Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry by itself. It was the only price error item I was interested in, and it got cancelled for me.
Yeah, Gintama was the only thing I wanted so I'm hoping ordering it along with something that already shipped might mean it'll still go through.

edit: nope! Got cancelled. Sorry guys, I finally found a hot deal and it has to explode

Got my Parasyte box sets from Rightstuf Sentai and nothing arrived damaged. I would definitely order from them again.
sentai always ships their premium sets in really good shape. I ordered the amagi brilliant Park premium set and is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon premium box set and nothing was damaged at all. They took brown shipping paper and wrapped each one 4 times and stuck it in a box that made sure nothing would rattle around inside. A+++ packing imo.

sentai always ships their premium sets in really good shape. They took brown shipping paper and wrapped each one 4 times and stuck it in a box that made sure nothing would rattle around inside. A+++ packing imo.
Sentai themselves do not ship anything - Rightstuf handles the packing and shipping of all of Sentai's inventory, so what you're actually seeing is how Rightstuff packs and ships their own anime as well. Thus why Cage017 did the Rightstuf strikeout in his post.

Sentai themselves do not ship anything - Rightstuf handles the packing and shipping of all of Sentai's inventory, so what you're actually seeing is how Rightstuff packs and ships their own anime as well. Thus why Cage017 did the Rightstuf strikeout in his post.
I was curious why their shipping materials were so similar. I haven't been happy with how slow Rightstuf shipping is but their packaging is top notch.

Generally Rightstuf's free shipping gets to me in 4-6 days, which is actually quicker than non-prime Amazon shipping. Amazon waits almost a  week before they even ship my orders out to me. And with the Holiday Sales order volume, it can take any retailer a bit longer to get all the orders out the door. You could always pay for faster, expedited shipping, but that seems to be a foreign concept to most people. I have to pay $10-$12 to import an anime order from Amazon.co.jp, but then I also get my order on my doorstep in under 40 hours - all the way from Tokyo. You get what you pay for... 

Humble Manga Bundle: Attack on Titan Universe

$1 Tier

Attack on Titan vol 1-5

$8 Tier(includes previous tier)

Attack on Titan vol 6-15

Attack on Titan Lost Girls vol 1-2

Attack on Titan No Regrets vol 1-2

$15 Tier(includes all previous tiers)

Attack on Titan vol 16-20

Attack on Titan Before the Fall vol 1-11

Attack on Titan Junior High vol 1-4

$18 Tier(includes all previous tiers)

Attack on Titan Guidebook: Inside and Outside

Attack on Titan Exclusive Artbook

Attack on Titan vol 21-22

Spoof on Titan vol 1-2

Note: All digital formats. Include PDF, Epub and CBZ

That's 40+ (digital) manga volumes for $18, about as good as the previous Fairy Tail bundle.

I didn't realize the english release was so close to the japanese releases.

bread's done
Back