Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, it's Funimation. It probably won't be much cheaper any time soon. Guess I'll order it and if it's cheaper before it ships, I can cancel it. The pro of it being OOS.

Appleseed $4.99

Children Who Chase Lost Voices $4.99

Girls Und Panzer: This is the Real Anzio Battle!! $4.99

Ninja Scroll $5.99

Grave of the Fireflies $7.99

Vampire Hunter D $7.99

Seven Heavenly Virtues $7.99

No Game, No Life the Movie: Zero $7.99

Hinako $7.99

The Life of Guskuo Budori $7.99

The Garden of Words $8.99

Initial D: The Movie 1 Awakening $9.99

Initial D: The Movie 2 Racer $9.99

Initial D: The Movie 3 Legend $9.99

Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc $9.99

Diabolik Lovers II $9.99

Gunbuster the Movie $9.99

Bodacious Space Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace $9.99

Tamako Love Story $9.99

Royal Space Force the Wings of Honneamise $9.99

Patlabor the Movie $9.99

Corpse Party $9.99

Patlabor OVA $9.99

Gintama the Movie $9.99

Colorful $9.99

Inu Yasha The Movie Complete Collection $9.99

Diabolik Lovers $9.99

Queen's Blade $9.99

The Dragon Dentist $9.99

When They Cry $9.99

Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- $9.99

Girls Und Panzer der Film $9.99

the Fake $9.99

Gintama (Live-Action) $12.99

Is It Wrong to Expect a Hot Spring in a Dungeon?! $12.99

Little Busters! EX $12.99

Digimon Adventure Tri: Reunion $14.99

Digimon Adventure Tri: Determination $14.99

Digimon Adventure Tri: Confession $14.99

Big Fish and Begonia $14.99

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicles $15.99

Motto to Love-Ru Season 2 $15.99

Triage X $15.99

Strawberry Marshmallow $15.99

To Love-ru Darkness $15.99

Waiting in the Summer $15.99

So, I Can't Play H? $15.99

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too $15.99

Invaders of the Rokujyoma $15.99

Maoyu $15.99

K-on Season One $15.99

Love Stage!! $15.99

Patlabor The New Files $15.99

I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job $15.99

Beautiful Bones $15.99

Angelic Layer $15.99

Battle Girl High School $15.99

The Eden of Grisasia $15.99

Kampfer $15.99

Blade Dance of the Elementalers $15.99

Atom the Beginning $15.99

Punch Line $15.99

Momokyun Sword $15.99

Bakuon!! $15.99

Rail Wars! $15.99

Monster Musume $17.99

Parasyte the Maxim Collection 1 $17.99

Parasyte the Maxim Collection 2 $17.99

Mysterious Girlfriend X $17.99

Chivalry of a Failed Knight $17.99

Kids on the Slope $17.99

Log Horizon Collection 1 $17.99

Log Horizon Collection 2 $17.99

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prism Illya $17.99

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?! $17.99

K-On Season 2 Part 1 $17.99

Akame ga Kill Part 1 $17.99

Akame ga Kill Part 2 $17.99

IS: Infinite Stratos $17.99

Magical Warfare $17.99

Another $17.99

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun $17.99

Black Bullet $17.99

Himouto! Umaru-chan $17.99

No Game, No Life $17.99

Queen's Blade: Rebellion $17.99

Patlabor TV Collection 1 $17.99

Say "I Love You" $17.99

Nobunaga the Fool Collection 1 $17.99

Nobunaga the Fool Collection 2 $17.99

Fate/Kaleid Liner: Prisma Illya - 2wei! $17.99

Brynhilder in the Darkness $17.99

Grimoire of Zero $17.99

Food Wars! Second Plate $17.99

Demon King Daimao $17.99

Nakaimo $17.99

Majikou: Oh! Samurai Girl $17.99

Watamote $17.99

Problem Children are Coming from Another World, Aren't They? $17.99

Dog & Scissors $17.99

Fate/Kaleid Liner: Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! $17.99

Flying Witch $17.99

Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon 2: Collection 2 $17.99

Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine Season 2 $17.99

Outbreak Company $17.99

Little Busters! Refrain $17.99

Flip Flappers $17.99

Anonymous Noise $17.99

No. 6 $17.99

SCUM'S WISH $17.99

Ajin: Demi-Human $17.99

Princess Principal $17.99

Amagi Brilliant Park $17.99

Ajin: Demi-Human Season 2 $17.99

Hakuoki Season 2 $17.99

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia $17.99

Kokoro Connect $17.99

Beyond the Boundary $17.99

Dramatical Murder $17.99

Wizard Barristers $17.99

School-Live! $17.99

Cobra the Animation $20.99

Non Non Biyori $20.99

Amagami SS/Amagami SS+ $20.99

Golden Time $20.99

Persona 4 the Animation $22.99

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou $22.99

Hayate the Combat Butler Season 2 $22.99

Dragon Ball Super Part 4 $24.99

Dragon Ball Super Part 3 $24.99

My Love Story!! $24.99

Grimoire of Zero [Premium] $25.99

Ef: A Tale of Memories and Melodies $25.99

Chaika: The Coffin Princess $25.99

Food Wars: Season 1 $25.99

Maid Sama! $25.99

Tetsujin 28 $25.99

Aura Battler Dunbine $25.99

Gate $25.99

Haikyu!! Season 2

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere $25.99

Chihayafuru Season 1 $25.99

Knights of Sidonia Season 2 $25.99

Cross Ange Complete $25.99

Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions $25.99

Utawarerumono $25.99

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Complete $25.99

Cowboy Bebop $29.99

Outlaw Star $29.99

To Love Ru Complete $33.99

Log Horizon Complete $33.99

Akame ga Kill Collection 1 $33.99

The Familiar of Zero $33.99

Golgo 13 $33.99

Ushio & Tora $33.99

When They Cry $33.99

My Hero Academia Season 2 Part 1 $34.99

Star Blazers Part 1 $35.99

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?! [Premium?] $35.99

Gatchaman $38.99

Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! Heart Throb [Premium] $35.99

My Hero Academia Season 2 Part 2 $39.99

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans $39.99

Code Geass Complete $39.99

The Future Diary $39.99

Marmalade Boy $41.99

Reborn!! Volume 1 $41.99

Chivalry of a Failed Knight [Premium] $43.99

Infinite Stratos 2 [Premium] $56.99

Ushio & Tora [Premium] $64.99

Surprised to see new releases like Scum's Wish and preorders like Princess Principal in those $17.99 titles! And Aura Battler Dunbine for $25.99.

Sorry the list isn't alphabetized. And that I stopped linking part way through.

They also have several sentai full collections even cheaper than on any sentai filmworks sale ever. To love ru complete collection and log horizon complete collection are 33.99. Lowest they've ever been is 44.99 on sentai. Grimoire of Zero premium box set is 25.99 from its original 79.99. (64.99 on sentai)

Like these are stupidly cheap awsome prices for sentai products lol. Holy crap.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=grimoire+zero&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

BB sales is rather crazy. It's best for me to collect points and be prepared for video games side of BF. Definitely jumping on board now.

Edit: Haikyu!! S2 for $25?! That's a steal in my book! I have been on a Haikyu!! craze since the manga was on fire, so now is the time to direct my hype towards it.

Ordered Scum's Wish and Princess Principal for $17.99 each, and the Grimoire LE for $25.99... so all three for $65. 

I went ahead and bought just No Game, No life Zero and Grimoire of Zero Premium Edition.  This month is going to be expensive as hell, so you gotta prioritize buying the stuff that is going to sell out.  There's at least ten titles on here I'd like to buy but Standard Editions will be continue to be available at a later time from the Sentai and Rightstuff sales. 

The other stuff I want to buy includes Chaika, Grisaia, Monster Musume, Chivalry of a Failed Knight, When They Cry Kai, and maybe some more ecchi like To Love-Ru and Queen's Blade.  Chihayafuru, Food Wars, and Gate are high on my list but they have Premium Editions that are going to go on sale later too. 

tryin real hard to not buy anything
feel free not to, but you know there are some that will be cheaper here than anywhere else in the next month and you will regret it if you don't buy now.

*stuffs best buy stock under a note book :p*

*note: that isn't how stock works :p

Just did a blind buy on Mardock Scramble trilogy. Not to big on anime, but I really like ones like Ergo Proxy, Psycho Pass, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop etc. This one seems up there. Any more on this sale along the lines of these mentioned?

Buy now, leave sealed. If the Sentai prices are better, return to Best Buy.
I was about to say that won't work for non-elite members since the return window would end before BF, but as BB is currently in holiday return period, these can be returned by January 12.

Gah, didn’t see that GATE was part of this sale. Now my buyer’s remorse is kicking in since I got it for $40 last year from Sentai.

Picked up all of Food Wars and Flying Witch. These are excellent prices, almost too good to be true from BB of all places.

Just did a blind buy on Mardock Scramble trilogy. Not to big on anime, but I really like ones like Ergo Proxy, Psycho Pass, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop etc. This one seems up there. Any more on this sale along the lines of these mentioned?
Try Code Geass and Samurai Champloo. Both are fantastic.

Looks like a lot of those Best Buy titles are backordered now (shipping by December 10th).  Hope you got your orders in this morning.

Nice sale. Picked up Dunbine along with some others. Even better that if Sentai has a better holiday sale they can just be returned =)

Best anime holiday sale in a while. Missed out on NGNL Zero, but got tons. I think I'm most excited to have finally gotten Chihayafuru. I've been dying to watch that on blu-ray.

Picked up:
-Non Non Biyori Complete - $21
-Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?! - $18
-Gate Complete - $26
-Flying Witch - $18
-Ichigo Mashimaro - $16
-No Game No Life Zero - $8

Not letting myself get anymore. Gotta save some room for BF game deals.

I'll be surprised if BF sales is any different from what Best Buy just offered. I would be gladly to eat my words if BF ends up better.

I'll be surprised if BF sales is any different from what Best Buy just offered. I would be gladly to eat my words if BF ends up better.
I don't think Sentai prices will get any better, but hopefully other publishers (especially Funi) put up sales as well.

Ugh. A lot of the anime I'd like to buy on the Best Buy sale are sold out. Wish I checked on this thread sooner. Plenty of prices lower than Sentai website has ever had. 

Ugh. A lot of the anime I'd like to buy on the Best Buy sale are sold out. Wish I checked on this thread sooner. Plenty of prices lower than Sentai website has ever had.
I bought a few shows early Sunday, then went back Sunday night to get Flip Flappers and found it and many other shows sold out. It didn't last long.

The price for Gate on Amazon is ridiculous lol

Decided to get Monster Musume and Chivalry of a Failed Knight. Wouldve gotten Gate if I had known earlier. 

Didn't realize how much GATE was worth.  Decided against it since I dropped too much on everything else..

Had a shipping notice for my Grimoire Zero last night, but today got delayed shipment notice.  I am disappoint.

GATE's been cheap here and there. The CE's been on sale at Sentai every time. Regret paying like $100 for it, but oh well, it was my favorite anime in recent years.

Oh, and forgot the reason I came here. VUDU has digital anime seasons on sale, including Cowboy Bebop for $10, GitS:SAC for $10 a season, My Hero Academia S1 for $10 (S2 is split into 2), etc.

Only poortastes would bother with Gate. Also the Best Buy sale matches Sentai's regular price points, except it charges sales tax so why the fuck would you even bother? Is everyone here new to sales or something? I swear this site used to be better than Slickdeals at one point.

Only poortastes would bother with Gate. Also the Best Buy sale matches Sentai's regular price points, except it charges sales tax so why the fuck would you even bother? Is everyone here new to sales or something? I swear this site used to be better than Slickdeals at one point.
tryhard

bread's done
Back