Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Rightstuf pisses me off more and more. I get an email for the Ranma OVA on sale. Click the email right away and it's not on sale.

At this point, I should just unsubscribe to their mailing list too.

actually... looking around... it seems like a lot of series are 50% off... so something like Relife is $25 and can get 20% off more.... gonna dig more, but this actually might end up being a really good funimation sale lol.

yeah.... anime is half off retail price on barns and can apply a 20% off coupon on top of that...

I think I'm getting the funimation series I want.

Ultimately I bought 3 series (prices after 20% off coupon)

Hyouka: Complete Series - $28

Gosick: Complete Series -$28

Tsuredure Children - Shorts -$16

I picked up a handful from B&N:

Gundam Wing 1&2 set: $30 each
JoJo Stardust LE: $28
Kekkai Sensen (BBB): $20

I would have got more FUNi titles but I think I’ve spent more than enough this month already. I thought $28 for a 13 episode series or season was a little pricey. If more were $20 after the coupon, I’m afraid what damage I’d do.

actually... looking around... it seems like a lot of series are 50% off... so something like Relife is $25 and can get 20% off more.... gonna dig more, but this actually might end up being a really good funimation sale lol.

yeah.... anime is half off retail price on barns and can apply a 20% off coupon on top of that...

I think I'm getting the funimation series I want.

Ultimately I bought 3 series (prices after 20% off coupon)

Hyouka: Complete Series - $28

Gosick: Complete Series -$28

Tsuredure Children - Shorts -$16
I legit cleared out my anime wish list basically between sentai, BB and this. Good lord. Picked up:

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (both collections + movie)

Hyouka

Yona of the Dawn Complete

Fairy Tail Collection 11

Bleach TV Set 3 (BD)

That's a little over a $1 / episode excluding the movie. If you throw out half that Bleach set since it's fillers, then it's about $1.25. Solid.

I would have got more FUNi titles but I think I’ve spent more than enough this month already. I thought $28 for a 13 episode series or season was a little pricey. If more were $20 after the coupon, I’m afraid what damage I’d do.
I think you could've gotten the wing set for cheaper from rightstuf and JoJo set was same price too

I think you could've gotten the wing set for cheaper from rightstuf and JoJo set was same price too
I missed out on JoJo since I was waiting for my credit card cycle to end. Wing is $37.50 per set on RS. This was the cheapest the Gundam sets could be as far as I know.

gah I didn't think about viz sets. I have some holes in my bleach and naruto sets I could fill >.<:

gah I didn't think about viz sets. I have some holes in my bleach and naruto sets I could fill >.<:
Ah, there’s always next year. Do you keep track of your collection? It’s the only way I would ever know what the heck I have. I use FilmAF.com and keep a wish list.

I got bleach 12,13,15,25 and hunter x hunter set 2.

the odd bleach numbers are the ones I was missing in that run from when gohastings was going under.

Just noticed RS current daily deal is for Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress LE and Space Dandy. Both appear to be the lowest prices they've been AFAIK.

Really enjoyed kabaneri and heard good things about space dandy, picked up both.

Didn't see it til about 11 PM.

Picked up 4 movies: Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S, Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2, and Princess Bride Criterion Collection. And Psych was $40 after coupon.

Last two obviously weren't anime. Wish they had CCS Movie 1 on Bluray though.

Picked up a few titles on B&N sale, prices were decent but not crazy enough for me to buy a ton.
yeah. it mostly made me realize how garbage the funimation sales have been since WB took over distribution like 3-4 years ago (at least I think it was them)

if they had reached Sentai levels of sales I would be broke right now lol.

Only thing I bought from Funimation was the complete Dragon Ball set. I've always been meaning to buy it and I finally decided to hunker down and get it.

Ah, there’s always next year. Do you keep track of your collection? It’s the only way I would ever know what the heck I have. I use FilmAF.com and keep a wish list.
Yeah, I have attempted to keep track using a notepad file for well over fifteen years now, but double-dipped into using FilmAf for the convenience factor of it about three years back.:

http://tweeg.filmaf.com/

Glad none of my Sentai order stuff had slipcases... USPS left the box by my front door in the rain without a bag. Was completely soaked through...

Does Sentai (or Funimation) have a Christmas/end of year sale like Rightstuf or is this the last major sale until...idk...Easter or something?

Does Sentai (or Funimation) have a Christmas/end of year sale like Rightstuf or is this the last major sale until...idk...Easter or something?
They have random sales. Just got to keep watch or hope there’s another ridiculous sale like what happened with the Amazon glitch the other year.

sentai will likely have another one around christmas, but I can't imagine their prices will be much better than the current sale.

and even if it is, I'm basically out of things to buy from them lol.

I had 76 bucks worth of stuff in my cart. Bummed that I missed out on the PS4 Red Dead deal, I figured I'd just get the anime I was debating...cart had tripled in price, deals were over...went to the main page and as I was adding things to my cart, more and more deals were disappearing...so, I guess the BF deal is dead.  Darn.  Saved more money, I guess, by not buying anything...shrug.

Looks like I have a mystery priority package coming tommorrow from "PSI Systems LTD" which is some sort of shipping distributor. I haven't ordered anything else so either I won something or Sentai shipped my first order without updating the website.

The best sale of the year has ended. But Sentai still has some of their Premium boxes at the sale price, with the coupon CYBER10 to take $10 off $100, it could be a good time to nab those LE's if you didn't before.

Looks like I have a mystery priority package coming tommorrow from "PSI Systems LTD" which is some sort of shipping distributor. I haven't ordered anything else so either I won something or Sentai shipped my first order without updating the website.
I think that's the Sentai box. I recall that name when my package was inbound as well.

Same here, coming from grimes, iowa. Likely Sentai order.

Just got most my order from sentai and now my anime collection as tripled. lol now i need to find room for all this crap. 

such a good deal they did. THANK YOU sentai 

Yeah, SentaiFilmworks uses RightStuf as their primary (and rather likely only) distributor. I think the last time I saw anime deals as good as they just had in their BF sale was when Bandai Entertainment was formally ending North American operations... and even then the deals weren't quite as spectacular as this was. I managed to sell some stuff on Ebay at the last minute this weekend and got a modest order of just under $110 placed with Sentai. Still haven't bought all that I would like to own, but certainly have the lion's share of them, have spent nearly a grand with them just in this calendar year on their sales. If I'd still had a job this would've been a easy buy up of the last titles I still wanted, but alas such is life.

I noticed that as soon as Sentai sale ended, a blu-ray I had been watching finally came back in stock. This means they place limits on how many of each title can be sold at sale price. Not an unusual practice, but a good reminder to put your orders in early.

Two manga from my Amazon wishlist went on sale today:

Dragon Ball: That Time I Got Reincarnated as Yamcha  ($4.91)

My Hero Academia Volume 1 ($4.89)

Got an email this morning that my Sentai order finally shipped, then stepped outside to leave and found my sentai order waiting for me. That's some fast shipping  :lol:

Also got most of my BN order, so pretty good day overall. Now I just have to return those sentai titles to BB

bread's done
Back