Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm cautiously optimistic, but track record of any anime to live action adaptations have been subpar for tue most part. I would say the recent Korean adaptation of Jinroh was decent, but i think there wasn't a need to change the ending. It's not as strong as the original for sure, but I'm a fan of the director's other films, so i may be a little biased.

I'd be most worried on how Ed and Ein would be handled, but there may be some hope as the original creators are consulting on the series to some degree.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but track record of any anime to live action adaptations have been subpar for tue most part. I would say the recent Korean adaptation of Jinroh was decent, but i think there wasn't a need to change the ending. It's not as strong as the original for sure, but I'm a fan of the director's other films, so i may be a little biased.

I'd be most worried on how Ed and Ein would be handled, but there may be some hope as the original creators are consulting on the series to some degree.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Someone needs to slap the guy at Netflix who keeps suggesting live action adaptations so hard his soul leaves the atmosphere.

I thought the same when i read that Shinichiro is consulting, but I feel it's not going to matter and they're just putting it out there because of the backlash they expect from the announcement. After having watched almost all the anime adaptation movies and such, they make too many changes to force things to work in live-action. Have extremely low expectations of what is going to be a hot mess.

Throughout my years I've learned not to get mad at things like this by simply telling myself "You don't have to watch it. It doesn't effect you. It doesn't change the original show."
I know what you mean, but the fact that it exists usually doesn't help when the movie is really bad. See Avatar and Dragon Ball Evolution. The issue is more they could have adapted to make it a side story, instead of butchering the main story, like with Death Note. Could have run with a different shinigami that got bored, that gave a Death Note to someone being bullied, leaving Light and Ryuk alone. Problem largely solved.

I know what you mean, but the fact that it exists usually doesn't help when the movie is really bad. See Avatar and Dragon Ball Evolution. The issue is more they could have adapted to make it a side story, instead of butchering the main story, like with Death Note. Could have run with a different shinigami that got bored, that gave a Death Note to someone being bullied, leaving Light and Ryuk alone. Problem largely solved.
yeah, i get what you mean. But to borrow a famous japanese phrase, it can't be helped.

It took 4 BB reps 70 minutes to get me back $5 in reward points that was not refunded when I returned one of their Sentai anime two weeks ago... orz

I got the bulk of my Sentai order today. They easily won BF for me this year.

Ooof... Got my first sentai box and realized I somehow forgot to order a blu-ray of School-Live in the 70 sets I ordered, which was like the main one I went in for >.>

Kind of tempted to get the FMA artbook but I’ll have to think about it since I’m in the process of cleaning up and making room. Wish I had the kind of space some of you folks have.

Target has some decently-priced manga, with a reusable $5 off $20 coupon. Even better if you have a few 20% off coupons sitting around and a Redcard.

Reusable coupon?!
I was curious too it's a book coupon auto applies in app
VjIwtg2.png

My B&N order of cheap Funimation anime from their Saturday 50% off + 20% Coupon Sale arrived today - good  prices for some fairly recent releases. 

Black Butler Book of the Atlantic $13.99
Planetarian $19.99
Zestiria the X S2 $25.99
Recovery of an MMO Junkie $25.99
Kado The Right Answer $25.99

Anyone else order Ninja Scroll from Sentai receive their copy yet? It still shows backorder with ETA 11/26, 3 days ago.
Ordered Ninja Scroll too and got an email from Sentai about it. Email said to check the item's specific page on their store for more details. And after doing that, you'll see this:

BACKORDER NOTICE
This title may be temporarily out of stock and has been placed on back order. This item may not be currently available to ship immediately as we are in the process of securing additional inventory. Restock ETA: 12/14/2018

Ordered Ninja Scroll too and got an email from Sentai about it. Email said to check the item's specific page on their store for more details. And after doing that, you'll see this:
Ok, they must have updated the date earlier today. I suppose they got a ton of orders they are trying to fulfill. At least there is a date update now.

My Barnes & Noble order arrived and my samurai jack bluray had a rip on the top of the slipcover. They refunded 10% (5 bucks) but it's still a little annoying.

Aw, I was hoping it would be good. I already got a FMA art book that was disappointing (felt like a collection of desktop wallpapers).
This one is like a collection of the manga's colored pages, blown up to 200%? And the material feels cheap. I have like 100 art books, and this is in the bottom 5.

Oops, that wasn't my intention. It's more, you probably should only spend $16 on it.
I looked for other FMA art books and couldn't find anything better. The one I mentioned earlier was The Art of the Anime. It is painfully generic and should be avoided.

I've watched both FMA anime but not the manga, so this art will be new to me. Going to give it a try at this price. Thanks again for the feedback.

I was mistaken yesterday, today (12/1) is the last day of the Amazon $5 off $20 books deal.

-Update-

Got the FMA art book in. Oh Amazon, will you ever learn you need to use packaging when you ship books? The box didn't contain a single piece of shipping protection... just the hardcover book shuffling around in a cardboard box. Of course the corners came damaged. They are sending a replacement and assure me this one will come perfect >_>

I was mistaken yesterday, today (12/1) is the last day of the Amazon $5 off $20 books deal.

-Update-
Got the FMA art book in. Oh Amazon, will you ever learn you need to use packaging when you ship books? The box didn't contain a single piece of shipping protection... just the hardcover book shuffling around in a cardboard box. Of course the corners came damaged. They are sending a replacement and assure me this one will come perfect >_>
But does the book suck

But does the book suck
I'm probably being overly harsh. I took some example pictures, but Imgur upload isn't working, and I don't know what the alternatives are nowadays.

First, the layout looks like an intern used Snapfish photobook templates to lay everything out. This means it has weird sizing choices, where it often blows up manga covers to the size of 1.5 large pages, which makes the image quality look both bad like it's enlarged by 3x, and it cuts off a big chunk due to spreading across the thick binding. There's even a phone card (!!!) that's blown up to a full page. That's got to be like 4-5x enlargement.

Back to the template issue. So a lot of the pages have two pictures on them, with like 50% of it blank. Because those photobook templates want you to spend more money to create more pages so they can charge you more. But again, all that does is make it look amateur, and makes this book much thicker than it should have been, had they just kept a more boring layout to preserve the artwork.

I also have images showing the pages where the art isn't blown up, and how much nicer the art actually looks. And layouts that actually looks like a professional photobook, though they're in the minority of pages.

I also took pictures of two other random artbooks I grabbed from my shelf that's manga-esque to show how any other artbook would handle things. For one, a lot less blank space, with layouts done with the art in mind. And in those, if the original artwork was small, it's kept small, so it doesn't look like shit just to fill pages.

Maybe if Imgur uploads work for me, I'll upload them still.

Amazon has Demi-chan BR+DVD for $32.62 as a deal of the day: https://www.amazon.com/Interview-Monster-Girls-Complete-Blu-ray/dp/B0791TR1TT/

I love this anime and have been waiting for a sale, but BF already killed my wallet.

-Update-

Samurai Champloo BR $16: https://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Champloo-Complete-Kari-Wahlgren/dp/B0049TC8C6/

Cowboy Bebop BR+DVD Amazon Exclusive Edition $40: https://www.amazon.com/Cowboy-Bebop-Complete-Exclusive-Blu-ray/dp/B00MMOZ1SS/

Trigun DVD $15: https://www.amazon.com/Trigun-Complete-Box-Set-Classic/dp/B00AUJH32E/

But does the book suck
I barely flipped through it because I was pissed it came damaged, but the little I saw seemed good (better than my previous FMA art book). I'll look through it further when the replacement comes Tuesday.

Some anime on sale today at Amazon.

Cowboy Bebop 16 DVD/20 Blu
Samurai Champloo $16
Soul Eater $20
Black Lagoon $19
Trigun $16
Dragon Ball GT Complete $21
Spice & Wolf $16.50

etc

Is Cowboy Bebop Limited Edition worth it?
Unboxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_QQjIpvtW4

The clamshell box looks nice. The two art books seem to have a good amount of content, though as they are no bigger than the box itself, they are rather small. Not bad for an extra $20 if you're into LE sets. OST would have been the best extra as the soundtrack is badass.

I wanted to pick up to love ru from sentai but it was OOS during the sale. Idk if it's any good but it looks like trash I'd be willing to watch.
I haven't seen any of the anime, but I read the original manga and some of Darkness. TLR is the definition of ecchi harem comedy. As for the anime, I heard the original series (26 episodes) wasn't very good. They did a do-over with the second anime and then continued with the Darkness story. The "Complete Collection" is missing 16 episodes of ova, so kind of a downer there.

bread's done
Back