Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the notice of when the RS sale ends. Got to place an order. The two items I want are 54 cents more expensive than if I ordered with FUNi. I’m pretty sure that’s a no-brainer considering RS has superior packaging.

Another question about Rightstuf..

Some of the items I want to order are labeled  'Out of Stock, Expecting More'.

Does that mean it will take more time(days) to ship my order ?

I don't mind that but I want to be sure.

Someone bought me a rightstuf gift certificate for christmas on Thursday. I got the email saying someone bought me a gift card and I would get a followup email with the code but I still didn't get anything. I hope it gets here before the sale ends.
Has it arrived yet? The RS page says they are out of the office now. Hopefully that didn't impact your gift card.

Some of the items I want to order are labeled 'Out of Stock, Expecting More'.

They will ship partial orders on a regular basis (I think it's twice a month), then ship the remainder of the order when it comes in stock. For example, I picked up the Blade of the Immortal ombinuses (omnibi?). Seven was shipped, but I'm still waiting on 1 - 6 which are currently on order.

Some of the items I want to order are labeled 'Out of Stock, Expecting More'.

Most likely. They do partial shipments but usually it takes at least a week or two for them to decide to do the partial shipment.

Has it arrived yet? The RS page says they are out of the office now. Hopefully that didn't impact your gift card.
No not yet. :(

I'll email them and hope for the best.

A little disappointed how their gift certificate works. When someone sends you one, you get an email saying "someone sent you a gift certificate" but you don't actually get the gift certificate until later. Why would it take more than 2 business days to email a gift card? I'm guessing it's a manual process for them and it gets processed like their regular orders.

No not yet. :(

I'll email them and hope for the best.

A little disappointed how their gift certificate works. When someone sends you one, you get an email saying "someone sent you a gift certificate" but you don't actually get the gift certificate until later. Why would it take more than 2 business days to email a gift card? I'm guessing it's a manual process for them and it gets processed like their regular orders.
That is disappointing. And if that's the case, you won't get the certificate until December 26. I wonder if they'd retroactively apply it to an order if you were to make one today.

They will ship partial orders on a regular basis (I think it's twice a month), then ship the remainder of the order when it comes in stock. For example, I picked up the cmbinuses (omnibi?). Seven was shipped, but I'm still waiting on 1 - 6 which are currently on order.
I want to get Blade of the Immortal omnibus too, lol.

Well the problem for me is totally different, I am not in the US now and I won't be until Jan 4, So I want the entire order to arrive at least in Jan 4, If not then I can't order.

I want to get Blade of the Immortal omnibus too, lol.

Well the problem for me is totally different, I am not in the US now and I won't be until Jan 4, So I want the entire order to arrive at least in Jan 4, If not then I can't order.
I wouldn't count on it. I've had them ordered since the week of Thanksgiving.

I'm 10 from free shipping! If my friend doesn't come back on a suggestion for a filler item, my wallet is saved! If not, Sentai got me again...
LOL - Sentai got so much of my money this holiday. That said, the prices for the shows on sale were too good to pass up! I've never seen an anime sale with prices that low before.

It would be cool if rightstuf did an individual all mega deals on sale for one day thing instead of this crazy all in one package. I already spent so much at the great Sentai sales.

It would be cool if rightstuf did an individual all mega deals on sale for one day thing instead of this crazy all in one package. I already spent so much at the great Sentai sales.
It looks like you can buy the items in the mega deal package individually when you click on the "mega mega deals" promo box:

https://www.rightstufanime.com/sale/todays-mega-deal

I checked some of the titles and they match up with the list on the mega package page.

Just got my last Sentai Blu Ray in the mail from back order. Looks like it was resealed. The artwork paper is all wavy underneath the plastic.

Damn, I didn't know Recovery of an MMO Junkie came out. Does anyone know how much it was during the rightstuf sale? I'm guessing it wasn't below $30.

So I bought slime manga sets during Black Friday sale and they got lost in transit. Rightstuf is telling me I need to figure out where it is. Tracking never even left their post office. Anyone have any experience in similar issues. I am contacting them again to see if they really aren't going to do anything. Leaning towards doing s dispute through PayPal even if I can never purchase from RS again.

Take snapshots of the tracking info. Not your fault USPS or whoever dropped the ball. Send them the info and explain again the circumstances. If USPS or whoever refused to negotiate, take the claim to PayPal and tell them you attempted to resolve the problem but nobody wants to own the experience. Get your money back. Win.

So I bought slime manga sets during Black Friday sale and they got lost in transit. Rightstuf is telling me I need to figure out where it is. Tracking never even left their post office. Anyone have any experience in similar issues. I am contacting them again to see if they really aren't going to do anything. Leaning towards doing s dispute through PayPal even if I can never purchase from RS again.
Do retain all the tracking information, provide it to Rightstuf. Unless you're near the end of the period to file a claim, I would wait and have RS respond. Since they are the selling party, they have to make a claim through USPS for lost goods.

You can also make a call to USPS and have them look into it with the tracking number and provide that to RS along with everything else; sometimes USPS is able to provide more information that is not shown on the site when you call directly about lost mail.

Do retain all the tracking information, provide it to Rightstuf. Unless you're near the end of the period to file a claim, I would wait and have RS respond. Since they are the selling party, they have to make a claim through USPS for lost goods.

You can also make a call to USPS and have them look into it with the tracking number and provide that to RS along with everything else; sometimes USPS is able to provide more information that is not shown on the site when you call directly about lost mail.
Rightstuf has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Last Christmas I ordered a few things from them and 1 item was missing from the package. The end result was that they said it should have been in the package and they weren't doing anything to fix it. I had to file a claim with my credit card company to get my money back for the missing item. I'll never do business with them again after that.

Rightstuf has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Last Christmas I ordered a few things from them and 1 item was missing from the package. The end result was that they said it should have been in the package and they weren't doing anything to fix it. I had to file a claim with my credit card company to get my money back for the missing item. I'll never do business with them again after that.
I did not know about their bad CS as I only started buying some items from this this year. In that case, geicorules should do chargeback with CC then. If their CS is bad, having a an open investigation would either force their hand or credit goes back to geico. I feel like PayPal claim wouldn't fully resolve the issue since they have tracking info available as I'm not sure how well PayPal protects buyers when items were "sent" out.

PayPal is know for taking the customers word over selling. Even if they shouldn't at least that's what Ive heard. I've filed a report with USPS. Which they told me is standard practice seems like Bs to me. I haven't received the item so they should do leg work not me. Just my feeling I guess. I'll wait to see what they do might start a claim with PayPal if their responses continue how they are.

USPS is awful. One time tracking said something was delivered to me, but it wasn't. I filed a claim with the USPS and after a week or so  they get back to me and say "well since tracking said it was delivered there's nothing we can do". Luckily, after a few days some random person in the neighborhood brought it to me because USPS was nice enough to deliver it to some random address instead.

USPS is awful. One time tracking said something was delivered to me, but it wasn't. I filed a claim with the USPS and after a week or so they get back to me and say "well since tracking said it was delivered there's nothing we can do". Luckily, after a few days some random person in the neighborhood brought it to me because USPS was nice enough to deliver it to some random address instead.
My tracking never left IA post office. But I have had neighbors hand me packages because of USPS incompetence.

USPS is awful. One time tracking said something was delivered to me, but it wasn't. I filed a claim with the USPS and after a week or so they get back to me and say "well since tracking said it was delivered there's nothing we can do". Luckily, after a few days some random person in the neighborhood brought it to me because USPS was nice enough to deliver it to some random address instead.
Must've been a house with a lot of pillars and they got confused.

Similar situation happened to me a couple weeks ago and caused a package to go mia for a week. Today i got delivered someone else's package that lives a block away.

Has anyone else had to do an RMA with Sentai? They're taking a long time to respond between emails and I'm guessing its just from the holiday rush. Had 7 sets out of 150 ordered with loose, scratched up discs.

I had to have one replaced because one disc in a set wouldn't play an episode properly. This was a week before Black Friday when I contacted them, and there was some delay between each email I sent before getting a reply. They were very nice though, and kept me updated on how the replacement was coming along. From the time I sent the first e-mail to when I got the replacement was a few days shy of a month. Keep in mind that the set was on backorder so that added to the time.

Has anyone else had to do an RMA with Sentai? They're taking a long time to respond between emails and I'm guessing its just from the holiday rush. Had 7 sets out of 150 ordered with loose, scratched up discs.
I ended up DMing their twitter after I didnt get a response for maybe 2 weeks? They said would forward the issue if they couldn't help me. Got a reply to my RMA email the next day. Other issue is, I sent back the items already and they tried to deliver it on two separate occasions,but couldn't because there was no access to the location.

The whole process has been more emotionally distressing than I thought it would be lol. Honestly, idk what's going to happen to my return since I may have to eat the shipping charge for no reason if it can't be delievered again...probably.

Same here, the cover insert is crumpled. I don't mind the resealing, but that kind of irks me.
Was it Love, Chunibiyo, and Other Delusions by chance? Mine was the same way. Insert is too long for the case so it was wrinkled all to heck. It's one of the ones I have waiting on a RMA.

Sentai really shouldn't have brought back this sale after the black friday one. I still have a Watamote set I've been waiting on since Nov 17 and their support staff is looking really bad right now.

Was it Love, Chunibiyo, and Other Delusions by chance? Mine was the same way. Insert is too long for the case so it was wrinkled all to heck. It's one of the ones I have waiting on a RMA.

Sentai really shouldn't have brought back this sale after the black friday one. I still have a Watamote set I've been waiting on since Nov 17 and their support staff is looking really bad right now.
Yes it was. I'm also waiting on a response from that as well as two Blu rays that have incorrect artwork on them. One is very washed out akin to leaving something to baked under the sun. And the other is a kampfer Blu Ray that is very obviously misprinted as it's blurry to the point if you took off glasses to try to see something.

Yep, that was the one. I actually ordered two copies, an extra for a friend, and both had the same issue.

Thanks, picked up another $45 worth of anime:
Is The Order A Rabbit? S1 and S2
Humanity Has Declined
Hozuki's Coolheadedness S1
Engaged to the Unidentified
Ichigo Mashimaro OVA

Sentai going all out this holidays. Easily the best anime sale I've seen. Anyways, nothing for me anymore. Hope some others can jump in and get in on the deals.

Yeah that was great, I had sold some stuff on Ebay this month, so had right at $50 I could budget for this and still be able to order from LRG on Friday, so this worked out well. Man Sentai is desperate to sell us anime.

There was only like $20 I forgot to order. Disappointed, especially when I saw it like at 10:10 PST, right after it ended.
Then you're really going to hate to hear that it was still working for about half an hour after the supposed deadline. I figured I'd give it a shot anyways at that time, and sure enough, I was able to get in another small order.

EDIT: My First RMA Order from a few weeks ago shipped today. I also go a response to my email today with a shipping label for the current stuff.

EDIT: I highly recommend checking out the stuff you ordered before the RMA date limit expires, especially the DVDs. I'm up to 14 DVD discs out of about 400 discs with critical disc read errors at some point during playback.

Update on my lost RS order.
I tweeted RS and caught their attention about a week ago and they said they'd pass then info on to customer service. My case is still opened but no reply from RS. I decided I'm done being patient and started my PayPal dispute. PayPal has contacted RS and they have 10 days to provide PayPal with more information. Maybe this fire will get them to finally get off their a*s or I'll just get my refund and be ban at this point I don't even care.

Amazon just cancelled my Persona 4 Anime complete set from black friday. Damn shame I was super excited for it.... and now I'll never get it. Oh wells :(

Reminder your free month of hidive promo if you spent over $150 in the sentai sale is going to expire very soon.

For those of you that redeemed it, do you have to put in a credit card? I wanna claim my code but I'm afraid it's gonna charge me. Is it really easy to cancel? If I can't cancel online, I'm not gonna bother.

So Hidive is pretty easy to cancel from what I remember but if you do a yearly subscription you cannot use a promos for monthly extensions I found this out with the humble free month promo. I'm also trying to get them to credit my vrv since Hidive is now part of vrv

bread's done
Back