Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminder your free month of hidive promo if you spent over $150 in the sentai sale is going to expire very soon.

For those of you that redeemed it, do you have to put in a credit card? I wanna claim my code but I'm afraid it's gonna charge me. Is it really easy to cancel? If I can't cancel online, I'm not gonna bother.
Just checked and yes, you need to enter CC to redeem. The promo code just adds a credit to your account, so you still have to sign up like normal. There's a cancel subscription link right under the 'Subscription' header of you r account details, so should be easy to do so.

EDIT: My First RMA Order from a few weeks ago shipped today. I also go a response to my email today with a shipping label for the current stuff.

EDIT: I highly recommend checking out the stuff you ordered before the RMA date limit expires, especially the DVDs. I'm up to 14 DVD discs out of about 400 discs with critical disc read errors at some point during playback.
What do you use to check read errors for DVDs? I use imgburn for Blu-rays but it won't read DVDs because of their copy protection.

Thanks for the head’s up about read errors. I only ordered about 8 titles from the Sentai sale but I will run a check on them. I’m crossing my fingers nothing is wrong because I got mine in late November and watched one disc so far.

On a related note, sometimes when I encounter read errors I usually just try another player. While I trust my PS3 to play everything because I don’t have a premium or above average BD player, one of my Ranma BDs kept skipping during an episode. When I ripped it on my computer, no issues. Dang inconsistencies...

Update on my lost RS order.
I tweeted RS and caught their attention about a week ago and they said they'd pass then info on to customer service. My case is still opened but no reply from RS. I decided I'm done being patient and started my PayPal dispute. PayPal has contacted RS and they have 10 days to provide PayPal with more information. Maybe this fire will get them to finally get off their a*s or I'll just get my refund and be ban at this point I don't even care.
Yeah I think I mentioned a few pages ago at how horrible rightstufs customer service is. They actually banned me for filing a claim with my credit card company for an item they didn't send me. After they forgot to send me an item and would do nothing about it I would have never ordered from them again anyways. I have heard that you can just sign-up under another e-mail address though and they won't notice. That is just something I heard though, I'm not 100% sure on that.

Another update on RS awful customer service.
1 week later 1st reply. Maybe RS lives in some other demension where 24hr means 7days.
Got basically the same reply. Totally ignoring the fact that a week a go I did submit a case with post office that has went no where. Oh and guess what they closed the case again. Have to email them to even pass on the case number with USPS

Message below
Hello geicorules,

I'm sorry that your package was possibly lost. What we would suggest is filing a case for the package with the USPS. The reason that we have you fill out the case is because it will make the USPS aware of the issue, but it will also start an investigation with the Post office, to try and locate your package.

Once you have completed the steps, you should receive a response from the USPS stating that the package was located, or still missing. We would want you to forward that message to us at: [email protected] and in the subject line put TC so it can go directly to me. Once we have this information from the USPS we can file a claim on our end to replace the items if the package is not located.
Please keep in mind that it can take up to 30 days from the day your package shipped out for us to replace it. I understand that this might be a lengthy process but usually by the time USPS gets back to you about the case, it will be time to replace the order.

Thank you,
Tyler

Right Stuf Team
I like how they say if it was lost and the 30 days from when it was sent out and it was sent out November 28th. I also like how they say it will be located . Ugh I'm happy I filed with PayPal.

I find a phone call to their customer service usually gets everything resolved rather quickly.

Though admittedly, I think the last time I had an issue was 2-3 years ago.
You know I probably would have if they would have handle it a little more professionaly via case. After getting case closed 2 times without anything more than you deal with it and weeks without any reply I'm done dealing with them hopefully PayPal takes my side.

Just got a second copy of Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions in and ooooooooooooooooooof It's creased bad.

Also, to the person who asked how I check my DVDs. I usually just fast forward through the ones with scratches on VLC to see if they error out. There's also programs that do surface scans or you can just use a program made for backing up DVD movies.

I find a phone call to their customer service usually gets everything resolved rather quickly.
Yeah, I always call and talk to CS directly whenever I have an issue, I never use their contact page or email or twitter. I prefer to speak with someone directly and get the issue taken care of immediately. Why sit around wait for them to take their good old time responding to a contact email?

Yeah, I always call and talk to CS directly whenever I have an issue, I never use their contact page or email or twitter. I prefer to speak with someone directly and get the issue taken care of immediately. Why sit around wait for them to take their good old time responding to a contact email?
Because this is the anime and manga thread and lots of weebs have anxiety. You're right, of course, just answering your question. ;)

I knew the answer myself, just wasn't going to mention it out loud here and get flamed... well, maybe I wouldn't if they're too scared to confront someone, lol... 

Honestly for me I'm just lazy and busy and anything that can get done with a simple email or checking a box in a claim like Amazon is normally the better option.

Newest update for this RS debacle
No reply from RS on PayPal. PayPal gives them till 13th to respond so if it continues the way it has RS won't reply before then.

Got the rest of my Sentai order the other day. Here's a group shot of my Sentai holiday 2018 haul:

mwfewh.jpg

Total was around $208. Most I've spent on anime in a long time, but easily the best anime deals I've seen. For comparison, just ordering the Hidamari Sketch collection right now from Sentai would be $172.

Oh man... Got my replacement order from Sentai... They left out a copy of Chunibyo, the other Chunibyo I did get was worse than the other ones I sent them, and they gave me a DVD set of one other set instead of a Blu-ray. I feel bad to keep bugging them but yikes.

With Sentai's high free shipping minimum, I assumed I'd be shopping more at Rightstuf than Sentai. But with the killer sales Sentai ran and problems with Rightstuf that couldn't be further from the truth.

Anyone have a phone number for Sentai? Was shortchanged on a refund and it's been 3 weeks since I opened a ticket.
Not that I could find. Honestly, this sale has become a massive headache. I'm still waiting on about $100 of product from both orders that haven't been fulfilled and replacements that I've been waiting weeks for.

Not that I could find. Honestly, this sale has become a massive headache. I'm still waiting on about $100 of product from both orders that haven't been fulfilled and replacements that I've been waiting weeks for.
Thanks for checking. If you've opened a ticket, you could DM them on twitter, and they can contact their CS directly. I did this for an earlier ticket and got a response next day. That didn't pan out for my current issue though.

I also found a number for their head office from BBB so I will try to contact them sometime this week about it.

Really good manga bundle.

Kodansha Fantasy bundle at Humble Bundle

$1 Tier

Drifting Dragons vol. 1-3

$8 Tier

Land of thje Lustrous vol. 1-5

Clockwork Planet vol. 1-5

Flying Witch vol. 1-4

$15 Tier

Cells at Work! vol. 1-4

Heaven's Design Team vol. 1-2

Fire Force vol. 1-10

Pumpkin Scissors vol. 1-15

$18 Tier

Norigami vol. 1-6

I'm Standing on a Million Lives vol. 1-4

Altair: A Record of Battles vol. 1-8

$20 Tier

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime vol. 1-4

To Your Eternity Vol. 1-7

Mushishi vol. 1-10

Battle Angel Alita vol. 1-3

Really good manga bundle.

Kodansha Fantasy bundle at Humble Bundle

$1 Tier

Drifting Dragons vol. 1-3

$8 Tier

Land of thje Lustrous vol. 1-5

Clockwork Planet vol. 1-5

Flying Witch vol. 1-4

$15 Tier

Cells at Work! vol. 1-4

Heaven's Design Team vol. 1-2

Fire Force vol. 1-10

Pumpkin Scissors vol. 1-15

$18 Tier

Norigami vol. 1-6

I'm Standing on a Million Lives vol. 1-4

Altair: A Record of Battles vol. 1-8

$20 Tier

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime vol. 1-4

To Your Eternity Vol. 1-7

Mushishi vol. 1-10

Battle Angel Alita vol. 1-3
just coming here to post this.

people shouldn't think and should just buy it :p

To your Eternity is from the creator of A Silent Voice

Fire force is from the Soul Eater Creator

With Alita: Battle Angel coming out in a couple weeks, I was really surprised that they only bundled the first 3 volumes of Battle Angel Alita. I guess they didn't want a repeat of last year's Kodansha bundle that pretty much had the whole series. Reminded me I pretty much had the whole series digitally though and that I need to catch up before I see the movie. 

I'll probably hit the $15 tier to support Clockwork Planet and Fire Force. 

Has anyone else experienced a way high percentage of damaged Funimation sets coming from Amazon?

I ordered 6 sets, all were packed into a single bubble envelope. Slipcovers were pretty much ravaged.

-Re:zero Part 1 had a cracked inner ring on disc 1, a 2cm scratch in the top of disc 2, and a ring scratch around DVD 1

-Future Diary had deep scratches all over all 4 discs.

-Is This A Zombie? Season 1 had fingerprints permanently imprinted onto both the DVDs.

-High School DXD Season 3 had 3-4 large chunks missing out of BD1

I'm scared they're just going to end up banning me at this point to cut their losses.

Has anyone else experienced a way high percentage of damaged Funimation sets coming from Amazon?

I ordered 6 sets, all were packed into a single bubble envelope. Slipcovers were pretty much ravaged.

-Re:zero Part 1 had a cracked inner ring on disc 1, a 2cm scratch in the top of disc 2, and a ring scratch around DVD 1
-Is This A Zombie? Season 1 had fingerprints permanently imprinted onto both the DVDs.

I'm scared they're just going to end up banning me at this point to cut their losses.
I’ve been having a higher number of issues with Amazon in general but not related to Funimation releases specifically. Numerous books/manga with damage to the item that most likely occurred prior to shipment. Broken dvd cases. Nearly everything coming in bubble mailers just asked to be damaged etc.

This has been going on for years.

Go to bestbuy.com > deals > movies and tv

There will be about 1900 deals. Filter by studio and choose Viz, Funimation and Section 23. That should give you most of them.

Sorry for the broken link; I think it has to do with the CAG redirect.

Amazon's price match dropped the price of the new release with the digital copy. For example, Prison School and Haruchika have digital copies. I don't know what version Best Buy is selling.

Grabbed Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D, Colorful, and Grave of the Fireflies. Roughly $35 with tax. Cant beat that.

Wish the selection was a bit bigger but nice deals nonetheless.

bread's done
Back