Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the story about Vic Mignogna?
False allegations. No evidence. Innocent until proven guilty. People are making things up like he's a rapist or molester because he wont sign their yaoi non canon content. Or because he would hug or give a polite kiss to fans (in public, not sexually). Something to do with ANN making things up about him as well. Ann is a terrible website btw.

As a result of these baseless accusations he's getting fired from jobs. Which is ridiculous. I'm pretty pissed at funi and others for doing this.

The credibility continues to shrink. It's time like this is why people are getting annoyed by their actions. Don't abuse the power, but sadly it always fly by them...

It's upsetting to do something like this after a success of a film or anything. It's so sad on how out of control it has gotten.

I've heard countless first-hand accounts of Vic's behavior from his voice actor peers for well over a decade.  None of this is an overreaction, I'm grateful that this is finally drawing public scrutiny.

Yah this has a lot of credibility
It's easy to throw out the message because you don't like the messenger. You just glossed over the parts where he showed that people were purposely making things up to harm vic. How come none of these women went to the police when it happened and they all seem to come out of the woodworks at the same time and on social media of all places? And right after he stared in an incredibly successful film? You'd think if it was real that they'd have gone to the police when it happened and not to twitter years later, especially after the height of his career.

What a mighty fine coincidence. Is there any actual evidence of the things he's been accused of? I haven't seen any.

How come none of these women went to the police when it happened and they all seem to come out of the woodworks at the same time and on social media of all places?
Being indifferent about the Vic incident, I have to comment on this part. It's well documented that victims don't come out until someone leads the way first. The #metoo movement caused some people to stand forward, and the rests of the dominos fall. Even with evidence, such as in the Kavanaugh hearing, nothing good happened. So victims tend not to raise issues alone.

Cosby had what, 60 accusers once the first one happened. And that took like 30 years.

Being indifferent about the Vic incident, I have to comment on this part. It's well documented that victims don't come out until someone leads the way first. The #metoo movement caused some people to stand forward, and the rests of the dominos fall. Even with evidence, such as in the Kavanaugh hearing, nothing good happened. So victims tend not to raise issues alone.

Cosby had what, 60 accusers once the first one happened. And that took like 30 years.
Cmon man, Kavanaugh and Cosby is night and day. The rest of the dominos in the former turned out to be a joke. I mean the 'rape train' accusation is absurd.

Thank goodness we have statute of limitations. I have no pity for anyone that drags their feet. Report it or don't complain about it years later.

I've heard countless first-hand accounts of Vic's behavior from his voice actor peers for well over a decade. None of this is an overreaction, I'm grateful that this is finally drawing public scrutiny.
Yeah, none of this is out of the blue. I'm not one for the trend of social media witch hunts/public trials, but over the years there have been countless--and I mean countless--accounts about this guy from numerous people who have had interactions with him--waaay too many to just write off.

ANN is doing fishing stuff and faking things to try and get him fired and blacklisted.
Yeah, no. I personally know one of the reporters who worked on this article, and she's been with the site for over 15 years, done some of the best writing on the site, including some expose pieces like this. They do their research. They vet their interviewees. They know more about the ins and outs of the industry than any other site. They do interviews with talent, producers and everything inbetween that they're given priority to talk to anyone they need to at conventions. Pretty much the IMDb of Anime.

I've even written for them in the past.

They have integrity.

I've even written for them in the past.
They have integrity.
These two sentences contradict each other.

Gqg1vKK.gif

For those interested or on the fence about The Berserk Deluxe Edition, I did an overview of the book on my channel (the book comes out in comic stores and places like IST and Rightstuf on February 27th):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGTp_PPBoDA&t

So if anyone bought Re; Zero part 1 and wanted the disks replaced Funimation is doing a replacement program.
https://www.funimation.com/blog/2019/02/05/rezero-season-1-part-1-blu-ray-disc-replacement-program/

The crappy thing while you don't have to show proof of purchase, they require you to return the disks to them and you pay shipping and then they will send you the fixed disks.

I did buy the set and will be sending mine back not sure what this is going to cost me yet but I'd rather have a complete set the way it suppose to be then have it be worse then the crunchy roll stream.

So if anyone bought Re; Zero part 1 and wanted the disks replaced Funimation is doing a replacement program.
https://www.funimation.com/blog/2019/02/05/rezero-season-1-part-1-blu-ray-disc-replacement-program/

The crappy thing while you don't have to show proof of purchase, they require you to return the disks to them and you pay shipping and then they will send you the fixed disks.

I did buy the set and will be sending mine back not sure what this is going to cost me yet but I'd rather have a complete set the way it suppose to be then have it be worse then the crunchy roll stream.
They fucked up a blu ray set again? What'd they do with this one? I was waiting for them to create a RE: Zero compilation before buying (which will probably take 2-3 years knowing Funi). Hopefully this issue doesn't crop up there as well. Have those new Code Geass discs that I haven't checked out yet to see if they are fixed.

ok non-factor.

"she has integrity because I know her"

"I've written articles for them". Sure you have.
Okay Slappy, whatever you say. It would seem a little odd for me to make such a claim though just out of the blue like that.

But hey, that's your internet right to disbelieve--hell, I knew you would.

You have yourself a dandy weekend there.

P.S.: Also, you took two of my quotes and crammed them into one. I said I personally know one of the writers (who has been there pretty much since its inception) and that the site has integrity. Find me another site that focuses on the anime and manga industries as much and as in-depth as they do.

I'd have at least had the integrity to keep quotes straight, unlike you.

But that's good journalism now, isn't it?

You have yourself a dandy weekend.

Okay Slappy, whatever you say. It would seem a little odd for me to make such a claim though just out of the blue like that.

But hey, that's your internet right to disbelieve--hell, I knew you would.

You have yourself a dandy weekend there.

P.S.: Also, you took two of my quotes and crammed them into one. I said I personally know one of the writers (who has been there pretty much since its inception) and that the site has integrity. Find me another site that focuses on the anime and manga industries as much and as in-depth as they do.

I'd have at least had the integrity to keep quotes straight, unlike you.

But that's good journalism now, isn't it?

You have yourself a dandy weekend chum.
Well that's the way it reads. A professional writer would understand that, and be more concerned with the reception of their words rather than making all of these ambiguous and absurd claims.

"I'm super important, it's just that I don't post on CAG, can't show you examples of my writing, and *ahem* you haven't written for major publications like I have."

That's what you sound like. No one here is impressed. Just some random lurker chiming in and sounding like an enormous pretentious douche.

I write for the NYT. We have a huge anime section we're going to roll out at the end of the month.

Find me under Slappy the Squirrel-sama.

lol i didn't know you could do this
1. goto 'my profile'

2. click 'edit my profile' in the upper right corner

3. click 'ignore preferences' on the left column

4. add "Bigmanjapan" in the box at the bottom

5. check off 'posts' 'signature', and 'messages' and then click 'save changes'

elessar123 hasn't made a single interesting or worthwhile post in my entire existence on CAG. I have a few ignores which are long overdue.
This proves my point. It never fails, the only--and I stress only--time two people are arguing on either this thread or the niche game one, it's always you and someone else. Speaks volumes about your mental capacity. What do you add to CAG, exactly? Except playing the role of an argumentative child with a superiority complex?

This proves my point. It never fails, the only--and I stress only--time two people are arguing on either this thread or the niche game one, it's always you and someone else. Speaks volumes about your mental capacity. What do you add to CAG, exactly? Except playing the role of an argumentative child with a superiority complex?
I barely post so I don't know about any of these people but you guys have triggered my autism enough for me to reply. Watchman was totally being full of himself and hella annoying. Low key bragging about writing for some shitty website nobody has heard of/cares about.

Anyone who has to brag about their real life online is the biggest loser in my book.

That is all.

animenewsnetwork is cool.  I use it all the time to look up shows I haven't seen, check out their ratings, and find the associated works (prequels, sequels, or offshoots in other formats).  It's a great database.  Although I don't browse it for reading or daily news, Neoz and others will link very interesting articles on there from time to time, too.

Also Kakegurui is the best new anime show that I've watched recently.  (It's on Netflix.)

Are you talking about Anime News Network? I think you mean a website you've never heard of/care about. I believe it is pretty well know.
I'm just talking in terms of normal people. It may be common to people who are really hardcore into anime but I doubt very many others have heard of it. I don't follow the new trend of watching seasonal anime and I certainly don't care about any of the voice actors so a website dedicated to anime news is pointless to me.

I like anime but its niche, and being super hardcore about it really narrows down the audience even further.

I'm just talking in terms of normal people. It may be common to people who are really hardcore into anime but I doubt very many others have heard of it. I don't follow the new trend of watching seasonal anime and I certainly don't care about any of the voice actors so a website dedicated to anime news is pointless to me.

I like anime but its niche, and being super hardcore about it really narrows down the audience even further.
You're in a thread about anime. This argument would make sense in literally any other thread. I would be really surprised if the majority of people here (who you apparently don't consider "normal people") didn't know what was being discussed.

You're in a thread about anime. This argument would make sense in literally any other thread. I would be really surprised if the majority of people here (who you apparently don't consider "normal people") didn't know what was being discussed.
Jesus man no need to get so defensive. I'm in a thread about deals dude not about Vic Mignogna or Anime news network. I'm sorry I've never heard about your website.. lol

There are plenty of people around here who do not fall into what I'd say are hardcore anime fans. I enjoy looking for deals and learning about new anime by just purchasing it cause it looks cool.

Not everyone who participates in a hobby is so deep in it. You are just being silly. This argument is totally pointless, if you want to pretend everyone knows the ins and outs of everything anime just because they have a passing interest in it go for it.

...Anime news network. I'm sorry I've never heard about your website.. lol
That's fine, but it's like the biggest source of anime news in English since like the early 2000s. In this thread, it's the equivalent of telling everyone you've never heard of the Wall Street Journal. Frankly, it speaks more about you.

bread's done
Back