Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
The upcoming Evangelion art book has dropped another $5 to $25.46: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1772940429/

Got the FLCL art book in the other day. Only glanced it so far, but seems nice. Some color pics up front, then character designs, location designs, artist notes, early sketches, and what looked like an interview at the end. All notes are translated.
Smaller than I thought it would be, but meaty. Pretty much every graphic designed for it, the model sheets are great, but odd of the random sampling of art pages from the manga. When's the new series supposed to come out?

Smaller than I thought it would be, but meaty. Pretty much every graphic designed for it, the model sheets are great, but odd of the random sampling of art pages from the manga. When's the new series supposed to come out?
It's a good amount of material, especially considering the series was only 6 eps. Not sure when the new series is coming. I still need to watch the second one...

I have a code for a free $25 blind box at Rightstuf. Expires March 31. I'm not sure if I can find something to order with it for free shipping. Anyone interested in the code of I can't?

Nice, but I'm not buying unless Paranoia Agent is released in its entirety. Who has the best chance of license rescuing it?
Gkids along with a physical release by Shout Factory in the US and All the Anime/Zavvi in the UK. Since they rescued Perfect Blue and even gave it a limited Theatrical Release. Here's hoping for Tokyo Godfathers, Millennium Actress, Paranoia Agent and maybe even a rerelease of Paprika.

I don't know if anybody's mentioned this yet, but Anime Ltd./Zavvi have an Ultimate Edition of Perfect Blue for the UK. It's supposed to release April 29th. It's 89.99 pounds or around $120-$130 total plus shipping. So if anybody was to double or triple dip as I did with their 2013 collectors edition there it is.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Perfect-Blue-Blu-ray/222368/

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/perfect-blue-ultimate-edition-limited-to-1000-copies/12063772.html

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/perfect-blue/products/perfect-blue-ultimate-edition

I don't know if anybody's mentioned this yet, but Anime Ltd./Zavvi have an Ultimate Edition of Perfect Blue for the UK. It's supposed to release April 29th. It's 89.99 pounds or around $120-$130 total plus shipping. So if anybody was to double or triple dip as I did with their 2013 collectors edition there it is.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Perfect-Blue-Blu-ray/222368/
https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/perfect-blue-ultimate-edition-limited-to-1000-copies/12063772.html
https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/perfect-blue/products/perfect-blue-ultimate-edition
There was a code to get 30 GBP off, but appears to no longer work.

I mainly bought it for the book and soundtrack.

Do they actually give you a refund if you email them?
Hi NarutoDid9-11,

Thank you for contacting us. As I've confirmed that your order was placed shortly before our current promotional offer, I'd be happy to issue you a credit for the difference of $32. Please see the code down below to receive the credit off of your next order. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thank you for your support and have a great day.
So yeah, I'd imagine there's a soft refund/credit policy that's not advertised.

Anyone had any luck finding "A Silent Voice" on blu ray in store, and if so at what stores? (I could get it online but I'd have to buy extra stuff or pay the extra $7 to get it on amazon)

I just wanted to warn everyone that the new Gkids release of Perfect Blue in the US has some issues. There is a very, very in-depth thread on this in the Blu-ray.com forums. tl;dr is that it's the prior UK release from All The Anime with artificial sharpening and DNR applied, so it's objectively worse. I can't remember if the UK release was region locked or not--I'm region free anyway, so I don't pay attention lol. But this is just something for everyone to keep in mind.

Meh, might have to return mine then. At least it's still better than the DVD? Unlike the Japanese Blu-ray release of Honey and Clover, which the f-ing DVD version put on Blu-ray.

I just wanted to warn everyone that the new Gkids release of Perfect Blue in the US has some issues. There is a very, very in-depth thread on this in the Blu-ray.com forums. tl;dr is that it's the prior UK release from All The Anime with artificial sharpening and DNR applied, so it's objectively worse. I can't remember if the UK release was region locked or not--I'm region free anyway, so I don't pay attention lol. But this is just something for everyone to keep in mind.
Yeah, I've been loosely following that situation a bit as well. Sounds like a release that everyone can easily skip.

I have the older Perfect Blue UK steelbook from Zavvi and can confirm that it's Region B only.

perfect-blue-1.jpg

Yeah, I've been loosely following that situation a bit as well. Sounds like a release that everyone can easily skip.

I have the older Perfect Blue UK steelbook from Zavvi and can confirm that it's Region B only.

perfect-blue-1.jpg
I have the standard edition release of this, so I'm sure the discs are the same. Region B it is!

So to confirm: the version of Perfect Blue to get would be an older U.K. edition or any UK edition?
There is a new UK release (an Ultimate Edition) coming soon, which apparently will have the new, inferior transfer? The other ones should be fine. You just need to make sure that you have a region free solution. But there are way more reasons than just this to have that anyway *cough* aniplex *cough*.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/perfect-blue-standard-edition-blu-ray/dgc-ani0040.htm

Meh, might have to return mine then. At least it's still better than the DVD? Unlike the Japanese Blu-ray release of Honey and Clover, which the f-ing DVD version put on Blu-ray.
Consensus seems to be that if your only alternative is the old DVD, then this is still an upgrade.

So I was gonna pick up something on rightstuf finally giving them a second chance. But not to my surprise they ban my account for having PayPal issue me a refund for an item that still hasn't arrived 5 months later.

Here is what they said
"It looks like your account did end up getting suspended as a claim for that last order was made against us on PayPal rather then continuing through our claim process and provided the requested information. "

Note that I did wait over month before doing a PayPal claim. Did a claim with USPS providing them with that info and opened 2 cases with them about the issue providing them with all the info they requested, which they ignored me, put all fault on me for the item not showing up and close the case before I could respond.

Seeing as I still haven't received the package from the black Friday sale it looks like Rightstufs claim process is you wait and see if USPS ever finds it regardless how much money you are out. From what I can tell a USPS claim needs to be filed within 60 days but can stay opened for 365 before they decide it is closed.

I did ask rightstuf if I am just SOL, which honestly I don't see them favoring me at all. It sucks because they do have some exclusive things on their website. It's not like I am looking to get free stuff either, I payed for something that never showed up pretty much any other company would have helped me out, especially since the tracking shows it never even left their post office, but not rightstuf.

So I was gonna pick up something on rightstuf finally giving them a second chance. But not to my surprise they ban my account for having PayPal issue me a refund for an item that still hasn't arrived 5 months later.

Here is what they said
"It looks like your account did end up getting suspended as a claim for that last order was made against us on PayPal rather then continuing through our claim process and provided the requested information. "

Note that I did wait over month before doing a PayPal claim. Did a claim with USPS providing them with that info and opened 2 cases with them about the issue providing them with all the info they requested, which they ignored me, put all fault on me for the item not showing up and close the case before I could respond.

Seeing as I still haven't received the package from the black Friday sale it looks like Rightstufs claim process is you wait and see if USPS ever finds it regardless how much money you are out. From what I can tell a USPS claim needs to be filed within 60 days but can stay opened for 365 before they decide it is closed.

I did ask rightstuf if I am just SOL, which honestly I don't see them favoring me at all. It sucks because they do have some exclusive things on their website. It's not like I am looking to get free stuff either, I payed for something that never showed up pretty much any other company would have helped me out, especially since the tracking shows it never even left their post office, but not rightstuf.
If they didn't IP ban you, then just make a new account?

I think they ban my paypal account, and no way in hell I am giving them debit account info, the only reason I got my money back is because of paypal and I dont have a cc

I think they ban my paypal account, and no way in hell I am giving them debit account info, the only reason I got my money back is because of paypal and I dont have a cc
Slightly off topic, but there are so, so many reasons to have a credit card--just something to consider.

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Yea, even if it's a secured card (which is more or less a debit card to you, and a credit card to the outside)

"Oh, I should buy A-Channel. It's always something that I add to my cart during sales but usually remove for one reason or another. Well, I'm not spending another $60 on anime right now so I'll just pay for shipping."
"$8.50 to ship one blu ray? Nuts to that."
Removes from cart

A Silent Voice finally showed up in a couple of Walmarts near me. It looks like their website is accurately showing which locations have it in stock, and it was only like $16. 

Target has it is stock too
Silent voice is $17.99
Maquia $15
Maria $22.99

I picked up all 3 watched SV and maquia today maquia was super good and SV was also very good very close to the manga
Edit:
Watched Maria it was the weakest of the 3 not bad but not as good as the other 2

May be YMMV but my local Walmart had Pokemon Indigo League Season 1 Champions Edition bluray for 29.96

Walmart.com sells it for $55 and other places sell it for $55 - $60.

This also came with $8 movie cash for Detective Pikachu.

Land of the Lustrous and Patlabor Complete are priced well, but I'm having a hard time on the latter because it'll be cheaper come Black Friday and the former because without the latter I have to pay shipping.

I finally watched A Silent Voice last night. That was a wonderful film, but I didn't find it as sad as everyone says. It was emotional, sure, but it also gave its broken characters a chance to get better and move on.

I agree, it's not sad so much as very melancholy and understated.
I read the manga but haven't seen the movie. The story does have its sad moments, but overall its a story about overcoming self-doubt and redemption for past wrongdoings and it ends on a positive note with the two protags eventually being friends, seemingly no bad blood or self hatred involved any longer. One of the best mangas I've ever read.

Was the K-on premium set around last Black Friday? If so what was it going for?

Anyone think it’ll still be in stock by the next Black Friday or should I just get it now

bread's done
Back