Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally time for me to jump on the Patlabor Ultimate Collection at that price - yoink!

People who don't own Penguindrum or Princess Tutu should scoop them up at those amazing prices, too.
Weren't the penguin drum subs dubtitles or screwed up similarly?

Now, I have to decide if I want to buy this despite having all these shows on VRV.  Also, I realize that I can add Nadia to the list of shows I can show my 6 year old, I remember the only "offensive" thing is King's balls

How is the new Ushio and Tora, I watched the original show back in the day
Much better than the original OVA, one of the better shows the year it aired.

And yeah, Sentai's treatment of a show as great as Penguindrum was pretty disappointing, but dubtitles aside, it's just SO damn good!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

It was posted awhile ago that RightStuf's Amazon account had vol 1 and 2 of Paranoia Agent brand new. Those are gone, but now volume 3 is available, 10 left as of right now for $5.99. I am curious if they'll come across copies of vol 4 in the future.

https://www.amazon.com/Paranoia-Agent-Serial-Psychosis-Vol/dp/B0006FFRGQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=paranoia&m=A2PDSQIRFB9CIL&qid=1562357651&s=merchant-items&sr=1-1

Edit: oops i was wrong, it was vol 2 and 3 last time, so they have reduced the price of vol 3, so not as big of a deal

Debating myself if I should hold off to Black Friday. Looks pretty good though.
Sentai's holiday/bf sale last year was amazing. Whole series for <$5 and blus for a bit more. Spent a lot during that sale.

Edit: this is a pretty solid sale. Some of the prices are higher, but others have matched bf last year.
Still plan to hold out til Black Friday. Prices will almost assuredly be lower.

Edit 2: Picked up a few things that are actually cheaper now than they were last BF. Grabbed Patlabor ultimate - couldn't resist at that price-point. Sentai - you did it again!

I just wanted to say thank you, I have been lurking on this thread for years and you guys always come through, got me a limited Made in Abyss on the way!

Microsoft store:

Dragon Ball Super: Season 1 (Digital HD) Free

Dragon Ball Z: Season 1 (Digital HD) Free

not sure if these are still free too:

Garo: The Animation: Season 1 (Digital HD) Free

My Hero Academia Uncut: Season 1 (Digital HD) Free

Amazon has $5 off $15 book(s) for Prime Day with coupon PRIMEBOOK19 (or click the coupon on a book's page). Expires July 16. One use per account.

So out of curiosity, do any of the Gundam blu rays go on sale very often? Specifically Gundam Wing and G Gundam, as I’m feeling kinda nostalgic for those Toonami shows.

So out of curiosity, do any of the Gundam blu rays go on sale very often? Specifically Gundam Wing and G Gundam, as I’m feeling kinda nostalgic for those Toonami shows.
You just missed the Gundam one-day sale earlier this week. The deals may come back at the end of the 32 bit sale, so keep an eye on RightStuf.

Interesting. Hopefully those two series were apart of it.

I see an eBay listing for the first half of G Gundam going for about $33...that’s about the only deal I’ve found online so far.
I went back and looked - it was AGE and 00 that were on sale. Keep an eye on Rightstuf for their daily deals. New weekly deals will show up tomorrow (Sunday). Maybe G will hit with those.

I went back and looked - it was AGE and 00 that were on sale. Keep an eye on Rightstuf for their daily deals. New weekly deals will show up tomorrow (Sunday). Maybe G will hit with those.
Hopefully so. I have fond memories for it. It’s stupid and ridiculous and awesome.

Also want to properly watch Gundam Wing as I was always so lost back then due to only being able to see random episodes of it. Though from poking around on the internet about it I’m hearing that it kinda hasn’t aged very well. Is that true?

Oh, and something completely unrelated, but what’s the deal with K-On! Season 2? I see Collection 1 on sale online here and there, but I don’t see Collection 2 at all. Is Collection 1 the entirety of Season 2, or has Collection 2 just not released for some reason?

Oh, and something completely unrelated, but what’s the deal with K-On! Season 2? I see Collection 1 on sale online here and there, but I don’t see Collection 2 at all. Is Collection 1 the entirety of Season 2, or has Collection 2 just not released for some reason?
They're all out, but the separate releases (S1, S2C1, S2C2, Movie) are no longer in print. They've been phased out in favor of this complete set: https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/limited-edition/products/k-on-premium-box-set

Interesting. Hopefully those two series were apart of it.

I see an eBay listing for the first half of G Gundam going for about $33...that’s about the only deal I’ve found online so far.
The G Gundam Blu-rays are less than a year old and I haven't seen much of a discount beyond what you've mentioned since I've been keeping an eye on them.

I've been playing a lot of Super Robot Wars T lately and have been craving some G Gundam myself.

There's also "Ultra Editions" of both G Gundam and Gundam Wing

1 free month of Hidive with code: AX19 expires August 4th. Works for new and existing accounts.

If you've never used Hidive, you do have to enter credit card information when making the account. You can cancel right after using the coupon and it will keep it active for the whole month.

They recently added Roku  support which I find to be really useful.

It's one of those anime that as long you can stomach it, you're probably going to love it. ADV did a really great job with the dub too, IMO

Though from poking around on the internet about it I’m hearing that it kinda hasn’t aged very well. Is that true?
I feel it aged fine. I still enjoy Gundam Wing, more so than a number of more recent outings like Iron-Blooded Orphans, Build Fighters, etc. The characters in Wing still hold up very well, and Endless Waltz remains a fantastic follow-up.

G Gundam doesn't hold up as well, but it's still fun. It definitely aged better than Seed. As with nearly all Gundam series, they could've cut a few episodes out and shortened the run, to discard some filler, and it would've been better.

08th MS Team is less Gundam than the normal Gundams though. I feel it's not a fair representation.

I mean, most of them are the typical 15 year old ace pilots, so they all have that feel. I do like Seed still, due to the political side of things specifically, but that's obviously a relatively meager part in a 100-episode series. But Lacus is awesome.

Some people like G Gundam nowadays, but it's very... Kung Pow-esque.

I'm personally a fan of SEED as well. Shame we will never get that movie sequel due to the writer passing away from cancer a few yrs back. Looking forward to the new Dub to see how well it compares the OG dub.

Tournament + KYOJI + Gundam + Shonen tropes = G Gundam. 

also this. 

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXOCzB35kFY[/media]

Gundam 0080 is one of the best and only 6 episodes. It's a perfect place to jump into the series.

Wing is awesome too. But agree with the above, couldn't stand Iron Blooded Orphans.
I love Wing, more purely for nostalgic reasons than anything else, but everyone tells me it's bad lol. Iron Blooded Orphans was solid, at least the first season, but not top of the list.

I could never get into Destiny or Seed though, the characters kinda turned me off for whatever reason. I started Unicorn since it became available on Netflix, but hate the MC so only halfway done even though I really wanted to like it.

My wife put it perfectly, Iron Blooded Orphans is a bunch of shirtless teenager boys having awkward conversations in mechs

Gundam Wing has aged a little, but is still good. The Seed series have aged better when it comes to animation and production values, but worse when it comes to story and characters. Insufferable teenage angst is the name of the game for Seed and Seed Destiny. Teenage angst is a near-constant in most Gundam series, it's a staple of Gundam. But its never been as all-pervasive as it was in Seed. They crank it straight up to 11 in those series, and snap off the dial.

Before Seed, the most angsty Gundam was probably ZZ. Then Seed came along and shot right past that record. Now I don't think their achievement in concentrated angst will ever be topped.

bread's done
Back