Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I took advantage of their weird LE pricing and got the LEs for Haikyu S3 and Tada Never Falls in Love.
Yup gonna get Tada-kun also and probably Seitokai Yakuindomo since I was waiting for it to drop in price. The free shipping limit is $50 during the sale too. It was saying $75 as usual this morning but it changed while I was browsing.

I assume they lost the rights to Penguindrum, and Tokyo magnitude? I kind of regret selling my penguindrum blu rays (even though I hated the second half of the series or mostly just that ending), and I love Tokyo Magnitude even though it'll make you very sad

I assume they lost the rights to Penguindrum, and Tokyo magnitude? I kind of regret selling my penguindrum blu rays (even though I hated the second half of the series or mostly just that ending), and I love Tokyo Magnitude even though it'll make you very sad
For me penguindrum was weird in a way I did not like, but I get your regret. Hope says tastes change, and maybe someday I will 'get it'.

Also yes! A Sale, does anyone else just like to browse, see the usual suspects(the ones in every sale, everywhere, all the time)?

Got my Seitokai Yakuindomo "complete collection" but I'm pretty disappointed to find that it doesn't include any of the ovas. There's like 18 ovas. Practically half of the series is not in this set. Feels bad man. I feel like the publishers should be transparent when they can't get certain parts of a series. Had to look it up on this forum to find people talking about it.

On the plus side, this is the fastest sentai has ever shipped something to me. Who says covid19 causes shipping delays.

Got my Seitokai Yakuindomo "complete collection" but I'm pretty disappointed to find that it doesn't include any of the ovas. There's like 18 ovas. Practically half of the series is not in this set. Feels bad man. I feel like the publishers should be transparent when they can't get certain parts of a series. Had to look it up on this forum to find people talking about it.

On the plus side, this is the fastest sentai has ever shipped something to me. Who says covid19 causes shipping delays.
It is disappointing that the OVAs aren't available, but to be fair, there's no mention of them being there on the set either. Personally I'm just happy to be able to get this series at all as I figured we never would at this point (or at least before the release announcement).

The OVAs were included with the manga volumes, which unfortunately rarely get released here. Hopefully this set will do well and we'll see them, but unfortunately I wouldn't hold my breath -_-

Just a heads up. I was searching for the boogiepop phantom blu-ray on rightstuf on a whim to see how much they had it for and compare it to other store prices. I searched it on walmart and found a third party seller selling it for $10 bucks with free shipping. I took a chance and bought one. Here's the link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Boogiepop-Phantom-Complete-TV-Series-Blu-ray/75860143

Considering even rightstuf is still selling it for 30 bucks and everybody else is still selling it for over 20, worse case scenario is that it's a price error and the order will get cancelled. Another possiblity is that it's actually the dvd set and I'll end up with two boxsets. Either way, for 10 bucks I'm not gonna sweat it.

So I just received the Boogiepop blu-ray. It looks like it was repackaged. Shittily if I might add with the wrong plastic wrap. The product page makes no mention of it being used though so that's nice. The discs themselves look to be in pristine condition and at least it's not a bootleg so there's that.

So I just received the Boogiepop blu-ray. It looks like it was repackaged. Shittily if I might add with the wrong plastic wrap. The product page makes no mention of it being used though so that's nice. The discs themselves look to be in pristine condition and at least it's not a bootleg so there's that.
I got mine today and it looks fine. As far as I can tell it looks new.

Got mine in yesterday. While it was definitely new, both discs were rattling around in the case. -.-

Has anyone noticed a lot of new Funimation and Sentai blu-rays coming in with scratched or damaged discs? More specifically, the ones I've been seeing look like someone tried to press the blu-ray surface into middle of the disc spindle at the factory.

It seems like 1 in 3 sets I've opened lately have this problem. Attack on Titan S3 P1 and 2, Fire Force, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, and Cowboy Bebop are some of the ones I've seen with this issue in the past month alone. A copy of the Code Breaker LE that I ordered from RS had one of the blu-ray discs with a large bend mark in it like someone creased it and a deep 1 inch scratch.

Has anyone noticed a lot of new Funimation and Sentai blu-rays coming in with scratched or damaged discs? More specifically, the ones I've been seeing look like someone tried to press the blu-ray surface into middle of the disc spindle at the factory.

It seems like 1 in 3 sets I've opened lately have this problem. Attack on Titan S3 P1 and 2, Fire Force, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, and Cowboy Bebop are some of the ones I've seen with this issue in the past month alone. A copy of the Code Breaker LE that I ordered from RS had one of the blu-ray discs with a large bend mark in it like someone creased it and a deep 1 inch scratch.
I haven't really ordered anything new for quite a while, but they haven't been scratched yet. It could be whatever system they have of pressing the discs and then putting in the case isn't properly calibrated and that's happening. Sorry dude, that sucks.

Was looking at RightStuf website Wednesday night, trying to find items to complete some collections. Then I went to check out yesterday after confirming that I didn't already own specific items, and they doubled in price. Those cheap $1 B-movies I added for the hell of it are now $3-5. They had Demon Lord Dante Vols 1-4 for $1 each that I was going to check out, but now the first is $4.99 with subsequent Volumes at $3 apiece. I had just over $100 in items in my cart, but checking now, I see that my cart is now $230. And there's no button to remove all items from your cart, so I guess they can keep their shit.

Always thought a sale meant lowering prices, not raising them.

That was probably from their 3 day sale. Ended on Thur. I think? I've had sales ended while I was thinking things over too, so I know how it is.

RS does these clearance sales every so often, so hopefully you'll get them next time =)

right stuf has a flash sale and I just wanted to vent a little.

Part 1 of Bodacious Space Pirates and Robotics;Notes are on sale for $9 and $10 respectively.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/RoboticsNotes-DVD-Blu-ray-Part-1-Hyb-Limited-Edition

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Bodacious-Space-Pirates-Blu-ray-Collection-2-Hyb

I thought, oh that's great I'll just buy the second parts too to complete the collection for cheaper than buying the whole set. Nope. The second parts for both shows are long out of print. And in the case of Space Pirates, the complete collection is OOP as well. I'm just like. If Rightstuf would just price their shit reasonably well from the beginning they wouldn't have left over dead stock copies from shows from almost 10 years ago. Why would anybody bother buying the first parts if you need both to completely see the show?

right stuf has a flash sale and I just wanted to vent a little.

Part 1 of Bodacious Space Pirates and Robotics;Notes are on sale for $9 and $10 respectively.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/RoboticsNotes-DVD-Blu-ray-Part-1-Hyb-Limited-Edition

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Bodacious-Space-Pirates-Blu-ray-Collection-2-Hyb

I thought, oh that's great I'll just buy the second parts too to complete the collection for cheaper than buying the whole set. Nope. The second parts for both shows are long out of print. And in the case of Space Pirates, the complete collection is OOP as well. I'm just like. If Rightstuf would just price their shit reasonably well from the beginning they wouldn't have left over dead stock copies from shows from almost 10 years ago. Why would anybody bother buying the first parts if you need both to completely see the show?
Is the problem Rightstuf or MSRP?

Robotics;Notes is now available in an essentials set. $20 at Best Buy. $25 at Amazon. $26.24 at RS.

I only see part 2 of BSP up on RS for $8.75. The complete collection is up on Amazon right now for $21.99 (5 left). Less if you go with a third party. https://www.amazon.com/Bodacious-Space-Pirates-Complete-Collection/dp/B00LBU7O48/

I understand the frustration, but they're also a business looking to make money and employ people. They can't just sell everything at a loss.

I'm not asking them to sell things at a loss I'm asking them to sell things competitively. It makes no sense to sell an item for MSRP on their site when BestBuy, Amazon and even Walmart sells the same item for a much lower price. My point is that if they had sold those items competitively from the beginning they wouldn't have to sell the left overs for 70% off or more. Hell, they may have even sold them for more than they are now if they had done so from the very beginning.

By the Rightstuf Holiday 2017 sale, part 1 was already out of stock. Apparently, we didn't do a 2018 or 2019 Rightstuf thread.

The complete collection has been as low as $31.50 on Rightstuf, if not lower.

I'm willing to bet it's been $20ish during a Sentai sale.

But it's also hard to argue for them to keep stock of a much older version of a title, and one that's not super popular. Even stuff like Cowboy Bebop has been out of print at one point or another.

Yeah, that's the one; it's in a cardboard slipcase the with the same design so it's pretty much impossible to miss.

I was surprised about the dubtitles. But I always wanted to get into the series so this was as good a chance as any.

(US) Books a Million is currently running a B2G1 sale on select manga. Works on preorders too.

I can’t post the link, as my account is not old enough. But it will be under “Flash Sales” on their website

Please note: Not every title eligible will be on that list. Make sure to experiment to find more titles covered in the promotion.

Spend $25 use MARBAM10 at checkout for 10% off
Spend $150 use MARBAM20 at checkout for 15% off

(US) Books a Million is currently running a B2G1 sale on select manga. Works on preorders too.

I can’t post the link, as my account has not made enough posts. But it will be under “Flash Sales” on their website

Please note: Not every title eligible will be on that list. Make sure to experiment to find more titles covered in the promotion.

I can’t post the link, as my account has not made enough posts. But it will be under “Flash Sales” on their website

I can’t post the link, as my account is not old enough. But it will be under “Flash Sales” on their website

Thanks for mentioning this--I bought the latest JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable volume (5), the upcoming volume (6), and Volumes 1-10 of Vinland Saga. The MARBAM20 code worked like a charm; I can't say I'm a fan of the $0.99 per item shipping charge, though.

Thanks for mentioning this--I bought the latest JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable volume (5), the upcoming volume (6), and Volumes 1-10 of Vinland Saga. The MARBAM20 code worked like a charm; I can't say I'm a fan of the $0.99 per item shipping charge, though.
You can join their “Millionaires Club” for $25 a year. You get 10% off in store, in store coupons, and free shipping on all items. I have a Books A Million close to me, so I use the membership a lot. If you don’t, then it’s not too worth it.

bread's done
Back