Anime Sale on DVDs and Blu-rays @ Amazon - Ends April 4

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Lots of anime DVDs on sale, and also some anime blu-rays on sale as well.

Amazon Anime Sale

Some notable sale items:

Burst Angel: The Complete Collection $19.49
http://www.amazon.com/Burst-Angel-C...ef=sr_1_6?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1300177025&sr=1-6

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Box Set $19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Full-Metal-Pa...ef=sr_1_7?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1300177025&sr=1-7

Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU $19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Full-Metal-Pa...ef=sr_1_8?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1300177025&sr=1-8

Evangelion: 1.11 Your Are Not Alone $11.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0030ZOYHC/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so I've got to ask. I've heard not so great things about the Burst Angel Blurays. Considering that they're essentially the same price as the DVDs, is there any reason why I shouldn't get the Blurays over the DVDs? Are the Blurays actually worse somehow?

It's the standard FUNimation story; the series was never released in Japan on Blu-ray so they upscaled it themselves. Personally I think their results are less than stellar and these in-house upscales are a waste of their time and resources. Basically it boils down to four less discs than the DVD version and the English dub is in TrueHD. I'd get the DVD myself.

EDIT: Yes, I would also agree Burst Angel sucks but if someone likes it that's their opinion and cool too. I believe it was mentioned in the other thread it's on Netflix so check it out if you're not sure.

[quote name='Shoulda Been Harvey']It's the standard FUNimation story; the series was never released in Japan on Blu-ray so they upscaled it themselves. Personally I think their results are less than stellar and these in-house upscales are a waste of their time and resources. Basically it boils down to four less discs than the DVD version and the English dub is in TrueHD. I'd get the DVD myself.[/QUOTE]

Also, Burst Angel sucks. :D

[quote name='Shoulda Been Harvey']It's the standard FUNimation story; the series was never released in Japan on Blu-ray so they upscaled it themselves. Personally I think their results are less than stellar and these in-house upscales are a waste of their time and resources. Basically it boils down to four less discs than the DVD version and the English dub is in TrueHD. I'd get the DVD myself.

EDIT: Yes, I would also agree Burst Angel sucks but if someone likes it that's their opinion and cool too. I believe it was mentioned in the other thread it's on Netflix so check it out if you're not sure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out on Netflix before I jump on it. Those four fewer discs might actually be worth the dollar to me. Now I'll just make sure that Burst Angel is something that I'd want to have.

Damn, 10 days after I finally caved and bought Eva 1.11 on Blu. Now it's $4 cheaper. >.< Ah well, I sent a futile email to Amazon asking for a price match. :bomb:

[quote name='jling84']I REALLY wish Eva 2.22 was in this sale.[/QUOTE]

The DVD version is still $9.99 pre-ordered, don't know why the blu-ray is so much more.

Any difference between Funi's version of Full Metal Panic! compared to ADV's version? Just wondering if I should just buy this set or track down the last 3 volumes I'm missing(I've got 1-4).

Last edited by a moderator:
A ton of this stuff just popped up on Netflix the other day.

And I've never seen Evangelion but I hear mixed things on it, someone motivate me to buy the Blu-Ray

kinda off topic. but can anyone recommend some anime on netflix. I only have the streaming option. PM me with your recommendations as to not divert from the topic. thanks

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']A ton of this stuff just popped up on Netflix the other day.

And I've never seen Evangelion but I hear mixed things on it, someone motivate me to buy the Blu-Ray[/QUOTE]
Do you like mecha anime? BUY EVA.

[quote name='Keen314']Do you like mecha anime? BUY EVA.[/QUOTE]

You would think that? I was expecting giant fighting robots but all I got was shinji....:bomb:

[quote name='Keen314']Do you like mecha anime? BUY EVA.[/QUOTE]
That's like saying Citizen Kane was a sled movie. If you're only expecting mecha and only watch parts of it you're probably not going to like it. You can watch the whole series and not like it; it's got a whole mythos going that doesn't come to a head until the end. If you want to figure out if you'll probably like it or not watch episode 14 (It's on YouTube; the first part of the episode is a recap of the previous Angels mainly so it'll be semi-spoilers if you go back and watch from the start.) of the original series or watch You Are (Not) Alone if you've got the time. Rebuild is the retelling of Evangelion they way Hideaki Anno wanted it to be but couldn't because of time, budget, and technical limitations at the time.

So far, 1.11 and 2.22 have sated my mecha desires more than the show did. But that's because they were busy subverting the mecha anime tropes in the show. In the movies they still have to run through killing all the Angels so they get more time proportionally.

I'm tempted to snag a few of the deals, but some of them say they ship on average 10-12 days away. What? Is this normal for Amazon? Is this even accurate?

[quote name='nbskid']I'm tempted to snag a few of the deals, but some of them say they ship on average 10-12 days away. What? Is this normal for Amazon? Is this even accurate?[/QUOTE]

That just means some of them are backordered, so shipping will happen when it's back in stock.

[quote name='kilik64']bit on eva 1.11 blu ray never seen it but at the least it'll be good for the animation on my new plasma[/QUOTE]

You are in for a treat!!!!!! :D

bread's done
Back