ANNOUNCEMENT Canadian group discussions

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Lone is awesome and found out that you can make private groups on CAG!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=190

Meet one of the following condidtions:

Now with more exchange rate rage and less hoarding!

RULES:
1. Post your location.
2. Try to stay on-topic (exclusive deals only, everything else goes in the other forums).
3. Post remaining stock at your location, if applicable.

ANNOUNCEMENT: group membership has been reduced. Still over 100+ but most of them I can recognize. Most messages have been deleted as well: unfortunately they leave a residue.

OR

>You have made a private donation (bribe) of $10,000 CDN or more to Lone's PAYPAL account.

You need not PM me or anyone for that matter....Just click on the link to join!

Please bump this thread if you have posted in the private graoup as its status is not reflected here in the main forum!

Even though 99% of Canadian CAGS have already posted in the EB GAMES thread..this is a big pieces of news that deserves its own thread...LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Please stop PM'ing me to join. If you have an issue with the group, post it here.

Also, CAG Canada is open to everyone, while the group is not. Is there something wrong with the regular Canada board? There are far more people reading the Canada board than the group, which means more people posting deals. [/quote]

It's becoming obvious that is not the actual case. There's less info being posted because the information is being controlled/withheld from the regular board. It's a "let the lurkers/hoarders go without!" mentality.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I can count on one hand the number of deals that only make it to CAG/GAF and not to RFD. Are you joining just because it's "exclusive"? Believe me, I don't expect the group to get OMG deals that no one else will be privy to. This is the Internet after all.[/quote]

So we should not be reading CAG, but RFD? And you seriously don't expect the group to get "deals that no one else will be privy to"? That's clearly the point of the group. The only reason I can think that you don't expect the deals to be exclusive/secret is that they'll be on RFD. But the point of the group is obviously to keep them hidden from the regular CAG board.

I'm not sure why this sudden fear of hoarders (which has carried over to lurkers for some reason) has suddenly erupted. But the agenda seems to be that the regular CAG board is for the oldest, weakest deals that the group is tired of and ready to let go of. Or for newbies to post deals to prove themselves. Kinda defeats the purpose of CAG.

[quote name='game_fanatic']haha yeah that sentence is pretty combative; could definitely be seen as a WW2 reference haha[/quote]

I'm just excited to see the finalized version of the uniforms.

I'm kind of sad about being kicked. :(

I know I don't post all that often, but I do always make a point of saying thank you when I use a deal someone posted... Which, again, isn't that often, since I'm kind of poor, and good Wii game deals tend to be far between anyway...

Well... Hopefully a Game Days deal or two will trickle down to us lowly commoners...

Yeah, waking up and finding that I was excluded was like being served a hearty portion of scrambled ass and screw you bacon.

...followed by a freshly squeezed glass of loser juice.

Oh, and a hot cup of you're not good enough.

K, now I'm done.

[quote='Cube Daddy;5718931]Yeah, waking up and finding that I was excluded was like being served a hearty portion of scrambled ass and screw you bacon.

...followed by a freshly squeezed glass of loser juice.

Oh, and a hot cup of you're not good enough.

K, now I'm done.[/quote]

Don't forget your lunch box of STFU, son! *puffs on his pipe* :D

i've posted a few deals that i thought were shareworthy and were not mentioned on the boards, and was kicked. i even elicited a few responses to my cute avatar. kicked? it's cool, no problem.

[quote name='marsteam']i've posted a few deals that i thought were shareworthy and were not mentioned on the boards, and was kicked. i even elicited a few responses to my cute avatar. kicked? it's cool, no problem.[/quote]

Me too, I was kicked for contributing that the ebgames site had the deals/flyer up on their site. Wtf is this? :whistle2:s

I really doubt the reason you were kicked was for contributing.
I'd wager that it was because of low post count, or how new your account is.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I totally see where you're coming home. Often enough, someone on CAG would see a deal on RFD, and just repost here for fellow CAGs to see. Hell, I've done it on more than one occasion, so if that were the case, I probably wouldn't use CAG a boatload either. I do prefer the mentality here a hundred times more, and other CAGs have said it, RFD isn't all bad, its just a bunch of individuals that ruin the community. On RFD there's the "Thank OP" button, so you don't even have to say anything ;)! As been said before, the Elitist group is really only a pre-emptive strike for the dedicated CAG members hoping to beat the hoarders. Odds are, deals posted in that group will be circulating within the same hour. Anywho, cheers to you Domerchuchu, hopefully we'll see you around more often :) (no sarcasm here!)[/quote]

Thanks for the understanding :). I will definitely post thank you posts to OP's in the future when I use their deals. Also to everyone complaining about not being in the group..get over it..I have...everyone cant be a member of every exclusive group...tis life :D These deals will all be posted on RFD and other sites relatively quickly anyways as it is impossible to keep spies out :bouncy:

[quote name='Teddite']I really doubt the reason you were kicked was for contributing.
I'd wager that it was because of low post count, or how new your account is.[/QUOTE]

dude... his account is two years older than yours... it's right there in front of your eyes!

Ah so the kickings have begun, good, the newbies need to be ousted, that way the daily game deals can stay for the vets and then the newbies and RFDers can fend for scraps.

[quote name='kathos']Ah so the kickings have begun, good, the newbies need to be ousted, that way the daily game deals can stay for the vets and then the newbies and RFDers can fend for scraps.[/quote]

Well I am not a noob...nor were several others...we just had low post counts..I dont really mind anymore. Frankly, I would never have joined if the rules stated you need over 30posts etc.but the only rule was you could not have joined in the last 2 months..oh well tis life...:)

btw, even if A bad apple'd RFDer is in the group, i bet he wont even share the deal with the other RFDs, to get the deal all for him :/ arnt hoarders selfish?

[quote name='jeffx']dude... his account is two years older than yours... it's right there in front of your eyes![/quote]
I was replying to the poster directly above me, join date Feb 2009. If you'd read his post and mine, that would have been clear.
....It's right there in front of your eyes! ;)

[quote name='Bencherstyle']btw, even if A bad apple'd RFDer is in the group, i bet he wont even share the deal with the other RFDs, to get the deal all for him :/ arnt hoarders selfish?[/quote]

Maybe...although I bet a few of the initial OPs on RFD are hoarders themselves..who just hoard before posting. You never really know. The main issue I see is some RFDers may be reading these threads right now...who knows...maybe some have an issue with some of the RFD bashing which sometimes takes place on CAG and may just want to infiltrate the group lol.

All I'm concerned with is even getting a few hours head start on those assholes, I just had a guy today trying to trade in a bunch of Energy Horse Trainers for DS, apparently EB sells them for $5 used and trades back in for $12. So good trade-3 fodder, but again; fuckin' crap 'cause RFDers around the T.O. are trading them in by the stock fulls, so EBs are on high alert.

We had one in my store, no used, some guy bought 'em all from the other T.O/Etobicoke/Mississauga EBs apparently and word's getting around, if head office is doing anything it's gonna be rebumping up the price tomorrow =\ or lowering the trade in value (which would be instantaneous).

Also a bunch is a medium sized EB bag; so like 12.

^^^

did you let him trade that all in ??????

fuck !!! i was looking for a good Trade 3 deals...

socom... god of war..... and this would have been perfect :/

.....screw it :'(

Hi Gamer602...just wanted to post one more time and mention that you may want to edit your first post of this thread to indicate the "changed" rules just to prevent confusion for anyone else viewing the thread. You can just indicate that you also need a large post count...

Kathos..I do see your point...but I doubt you will even get a few hours head start on any deal..it seems RFD always hears about everything almost instantly :headache:.

You know what is funny is that I have now doubled my post count in 2 days compared to the previous 3 years :lol:...see I just needed something important to comment on :D

[quote name='Domerchuchu']...maybe some have an issue with some of the RFD bashing which sometimes takes place on CAG and may just want to infiltrate the group lol.[/quote]

He's got a point. That's why I posted the Blockbuster coupons over there.
I can only be called names for so long before I start messing with you.
I like to think I'm the reason the new group here exists. :bouncy:
Bringing Klepto over was just a huge bonus. LMAO!

[quote name='j940651']Bringing Klepto over was just a huge bonus. LMAO![/quote]

That's actually the most hanus part of all.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure reposting RFD deals is what made this place active enough to sustain a community in the first place.

[quote name='j940651']
Bringing Klepto over was just a huge bonus. LMAO![/quote]
Could you possibly ask his translator to come along aswell?

[quote name='Domerchuchu']Hi Gamer602...just wanted to post one more time and mention that you may want to edit your first post of this thread to indicate the "changed" rules just to prevent confusion for anyone else viewing the thread. You can just indicate that you also need a large post count...

Kathos..I do see your point...but I doubt you will even get a few hours head start on any deal..it seems RFD always hears about everything almost instantly :headache:.

You know what is funny is that I have now doubled my post count in 2 days compared to the previous 3 years :lol:...see I just needed something important to comment on :D[/quote]
its cause wall-e smells! please change to appropriate awesomer disney movie such as kungfu panda, bolt, monsters vs. aliens etc

[quote name='Teddite']Could you possibly ask his translator to come along aswell?[/quote]
LMAO! Reading his posts make my head spin sometimes

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']its cause wall-e smells! please change to appropriate awesomer disney movie such as kungfu panda, bolt, monsters vs. aliens etc[/quote]

:lol: I changed it....... to an animated Wall-e....just for you :bouncy:

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']its cause wall-e smells! please change to appropriate awesomer disney movie such as kungfu panda, bolt, monsters vs. aliens etc[/quote]

KFP and Monsters vs. Aliens are Dreamworks movies. Bolt is Disney.

I didn't know kungfupanda was so good it got its own acronym...I might have to check it out. ...I did get a panda frisbie in a cereal box once too.

Kung Fu Panda is great.
Easily my favorite animated film since The Incredibles. With a 3 year old in the house, I've seen ALOT of animated films.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']KFP and Monsters vs. Aliens are Dreamworks movies. Bolt is Disney.[/quote]
:( thank you i was in the wrong it was close enough disneys rivals... then bolt it is... i think i confused it with pixar... oh toy story never gets old :p to infinity and beyound! seems dreamworks signed some deal with disney to make money... movies.

[quote name='gamer602']Alert!

a 95% off deal has been posted![/quote]

Oh, well this blows.

Hopefully it wasn't something that appeals to me.

[quote name='gamer602']Alert!

a 95% off deal has been posted![/quote]

Thanks for telling us, and removing me from the group for being too new.

So what if he only has 9 messages? Contributing when you've got something to contribute is valuable. Some individuals could learn a little by saying a little less.

bread's done
Back