Annoying car scratches

Thunderscope

CAGiversary!
Does it bother anyone that car manufacturers nowadays design their cars with very low front bumpers? My lower bumper is full of scratches from just parking in parking lots and driving, I drive carefully and well enough so I dont bottom out but some times thats not good enough. When I park sometimes the parking space markers will leave scratches. I know that you cant see them unless you get down under the car or on your knees to look but just knowing that they are there drives me nuts. Its to the point where I'm not gonna care if I get them anymore because there are so many scratches that it will just scratch the scratches for now on lol. If I really was a perfectionist I guess I could get a new bumper and have the same thing happen all over again. At least they are near the bottom of the bumper where you cant see them unless you try to find them.

If you are getting scratches from normal road use, rock chips etc, get the front bumper coated in some form of the 3M clear bra. Material + install shouldn't run you more than a few hundred to do the front bumper.

If you are getting scratches from parking space markers.....you are pulling into the parking space way to far.

Personally, I love low cars, cars that hug the road.....not low enough to the point of scrapping the ground on the slighest incline but lower than most factory settings by an inch or 2.

There's ways around it, but yeah I have a 2002 Eclipse and the thing scrapes like mad. Living in a high rise building the thing has taken a beating comparable to Rodney King with door dings and dents over the past few years so I stopped caring altogether.

bread's done
Back