Another ADV Sale

I got Nadesico for $10 also. Haven't seen it before but I've heard it's good. And shit, how can you pass up any box set for $10.

Thanks OP. I also got the Martian Successor Nadesico collection for $15 after shipping. I'm slowly building up my anime collection with all these excellent deals. Hope the item isn't in too bad of a shape when it arrives.

Nadesico alone is worth 10.00 let alone 60.00 for the box set, its an awesome anime and for 10.00 is a damned steal, get it now.. Also Chance Pop Session is really a cool anime to watch with a female, it also has a kick butt soundtrack too.

[quote name='twiztidgear']I got Nadesico for $10 also. Haven't seen it before but I've heard it's good. And shit, how can you pass up any box set for $10.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Ok I ordered it, $15 for 650 minutes sounds like a decent deal, even if it's not great.

10 for Nadesico is a friggin' STEAL, it's one of the best anime I've ever seen.

A note for purists: This is the old box. If you buy the new Greatest Hits version, you get 5.1 sound and soft subtitles instead of overlays, so you can see all of the orginal ish (the most notable difference being when the Nadesico loads up- old overlay shows bif smiley face, new soft sub shows original red-outline wreath pattern.) For price, it's hardly worth pointing out, but someone out there might care...

[quote name='Drahken']ADV is having another clearance/Closeout Sale as usual barcodes might be cut they arn't responsable for conditioning of Packaging Blah, Blah, Blah.

http://www.advfilms.com/sales.asp[/QUOTE]

What if you order an artbox? I'd like the Supergals box for my set, but it'd better not be cut up...

1 DNW/001 Nurse Witch Komugi Volume 1: A Vaccine for Humanity! 9.98
1 DNW/002 Nurse Witch Komugi Volume 2: We Need a Magical Girl, Stat! 9.98
1 DST/001 Steam Detectives Case 1 6.98
1 DST/002 Steam Detectives Case 2 6.98
1 DST/003 Steam Detectives Case 3 6.98
1 DST/004 Steam Detectives Case 4 6.98
1 DST/005 Steam Detectives Case 5 6.98
1 DST/006 Steam Detectives Case 6 6.98
1 DWA/004 Wild Arms Volume 4: Lie, Cheat & Steal 7.98
1 DWA/005 Wild Arms Volume 5: Sheyenne's Last Stand 7.98
1 DBI/001 Birth 6.98

SubTotal: $84.78
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $15.00
Total: $99.78

Welp, there goes a hundred bucks I shouldn't have been spending. Thanks a lot OP!

[quote name='Drahken']ADV is having another clearance/Closeout Sale as usual barcodes might be cut they arn't responsable for conditioning of Packaging Blah, Blah, Blah.

http://www.advfilms.com/sales.asp[/QUOTE]

thanks, i jumped on that too!

2 DND/100 Martian Successor Nadesico The Complete Chronicles 9.98
1 DSW/BX2 Sakura Wars TV Volume 1 + Box: Opening Night 9.98
1 DSW/005 Sakura Wars TV Volume 2: Overture 6.98
1 DSW/006 Sakura Wars TV Volume 3: Crescendo 6.98
1 DSW/007 Sakura Wars TV Volume 4: Intermission 6.98
1 DSW/008 Sakura Wars TV Volume 5: Stage Fright 6.98
1 DSW/009 Sakura Wars TV Volume 6: Curtain Call 6.98
1 DMC/003 Super Milk-Chan Show, The Volume 3: Cryin' Over Spilled Milk
1 DMC/004 Super Milk-Chan Show, The Volume 4: Milk & Kookies 7.98
1 DZA/BX1 Zaion: I Wish You Were Here Volume 1 + Box: Epidemic 7.98
1 DZA/002 Zaion: I Wish You Were Here Volume 2: Devastation 7.98
1 DCX/001 Cosplay Complex 7.98

SubTotal: $104.74
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $17.00
Total: $121.74

figured i'd get the rest of Sakura Wars to compliment the SW OVA set i got from suncoast used for 8 bucks. :D

Nothing really too spectacular that caught my eye, not too mention I'm still pretty wary of this site with their idiotic desecration of dvds by ripping the barcode. I think I might pass even though I got lucky with a few of my items from the last sale.

Ah fer cryin' out "flavin", I did a search for "ADV" for headers, it turned up nothing, now I see just above my post about the ADV April Fool's sale, there's yours. I looked, I swear to god.

[quote name='projecteightysix']would i like Martian Successor Nadesico if i dont like stuff like gundam etc?[/QUOTE]
Nadesico is more of a comedy and sorta makes fun of shows like Gundam. So yes, you would like it.

[quote name='KingNES']Update! Nadesico just jumped up to 29.99, ugh.... I hope this doesnt bode ill for us .[/QUOTE]

OK, now would be a good time to point out the re-done Essentials release of Nadesico is 60 for the whole series at full price, so it is now somewhat worthwhile to look for that on sale instead...

[quote name='DuelLadyS']OK, now would be a good time to point out the re-done Essentials release of Nadesico is 60 for the whole series at full price, so it is now somewhat worthwhile to look for that on sale instead...[/QUOTE]

Actually ^^ if you go to Overstock.com, you can get all 3 Essential Anime Nadesico volumes for 40.00 or so

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Just got my copy of Nadesico, it'd better be worth $10! ;)[/QUOTE]

How is the packaging and was it damaged at all?

I got my 2 Nadesico's today, they were in perfect order and condition, just a very tiny hole poked into the UPC, awesome deal!

Anyone know how to check order status on this site? there's like nothing but the catalog here and the email they sent has an order number but there's no place to input it!

[quote name='Alpha2']Anyone know how to check order status on this site? there's like nothing but the catalog here and the email they sent has an order number but there's no place to input it![/QUOTE]
Thats a good question. Why would they send us an order number if you can't check your order status on their site?

I got my order today. 3 discs of Steam Detectives, a plush Menchi, and Nadesico. They even threw an extra DVD called Samurai in there for free!

Yeah I got my stuff too, plus the second dvd of Rune Soldier... kinda sucks to not have the first disk...as well as not even know if it's good but I guess I can't really complain either way it being free and stuff.

And I can always trade it off to the mom and pop store for credit even with the hole through the barcode. :razz:

bread's done
Back