Another Amazon Blu-ray Sale - Save up to 55%

Thanks to Cheapy and Rick for the links. This should help get my Blu-ray collection off the ground.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Does Shinobi have English Dub?[/QUOTE]

yes. according to my copy, english 5.1 and japanese 6.1 surround sound tracks

Excellent price on Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. I've been wanting to check that one out since it came out last year when my friend told me it was good.

hmmm nightmare and pan's labyrinth maybe, I wont have a blu-ray player till november though, will prob wait.

Whoa. I ordered nightmare as part of the B2G1. It hadn't shipped so I got the price adjusted to $23. So on hat order with other digital copy Disney BDs, is around $50. Cool.

My only issue is that by now these should be the general all-around prices for Blu-Ray movies. The fact this is a "sale" is a sad state of affairs. The selection is a little better but most is the same titles they always use (Troy, 300, Alexander, now Gangs of New York the new addition...basically all the modern period piece epics). Those are about the only ones I'd buy though, so I can't complain too much.

argh! amazon's new policy of no post price protection stinks!? i just bought NMBC for $27.95 5 days ago... now it's $22 grr....

[quote name='postulio']these are all 1$ cheaper on tower.com now.

its worth it to those who are charged tax by amazon ( like NY residents )[/quote]

yeah, stupid Amazon... if it's not the tax, i would have ordered a bunch already. I guess i'll go with tower.com, thanks postulio.

Nice deals. I have wanted the masters of horror collections for some time however just like someone else said will they go down in a few weeks. Also the buy 3 get the ps3 remote did not seem to work for me. I picked 3 BD dvds and then the remote and it still was going to charge me 20 bucks for the remote.

[quote name='Serpentor']yeah, stupid Amazon... if it's not the tax, i would have ordered a bunch already. I guess i'll go with tower.com, thanks postulio.[/quote]

Not for nothing, but how is Amazon "stupid" for being forced into this? It would make more sense for you to be annoyed with New York.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not for nothing, but how is Amazon "stupid" for being forced into this? It would make more sense for you to be annoyed with New York.[/QUOTE]

they can fight it. newegg.com fought it and now stopped charging tax. amazon chooses not to care, im convinced its why they started doing game pre-orders for 10% off the full price so it compensates for tax. i think this should be their policy for all goods. if not, then oh well, i have no problem using tower.com, in fact ive grown to love them, ordered like 200$ worth already.

Cool, when I checked online last night, I didn't see Tower as being cheaper but today they are. Picked up Nightmare before Christmas and Chicago Live at the Greek (my dad's wanted that one) for about $1.50 cheaper than Amazon. It's not much but I am still kind of annoyed by Amazon dropping price protection along with other drops in the quality of customer service and am semi-boycotting them. (I'm not avoiding them but am shopping elsewhere if it's cheaper)

You can't compare the two. Newegg has zero physical presence in New York. Though Amazon-proper has no presence, they have affiliates that do. They are in a difficult position and filed a lawsuit earlier this year about it.

Again, if you want to vent your anger, vent it at the proper people. Besides, you can't blame a state for wanting to collect money due to them. There's no such thing as "tax-free shopping." People don't pay the use tax, so it forced New York's hand, and other states are looking into it, as well, especially considering the budget difficulties many states are facing.

[quote name='MotzCTG']hmmm nightmare and pan's labyrinth maybe, I wont have a blu-ray player till november though, will prob wait.[/quote]

Same here... but I still picked up Nightmare.

[quote name='Mugen Power']When did this happen?[/QUOTE]

Any order place after September 1 no longer qualifies for post-order price protection... Amazon didn't announce it at all, just snuck it out in a few emails to people who got price matches in the couple of days (i.e., Labor Day weekend in the US) before. Very sneaky and indicative of the way Amazon's CS has been going.

Amazon's customer service is still some of the best out there. You can't take a decision like that out on them. It's not like the CSRs have any power over company policy.

If you're referring to my post, I'm not "taking it out" on a CSR, I'm taking my business to a cheaper website. I've had decent luck with Tower and they are cheaper in this case. I think Amazon, before changing a policy like the price protection, should've made some announcements and not snuck it in over a long holiday weekend. They do have good customer service in general but lately my experiences have been getting worse (having a bit more runaround with them, etc). Like I said, I am not really "boycotting" them, but I am not automatically throwing them my business anymore, either.

Just voting with my credit card. :)

Wow I just bought 3 movies during last sale and picked up a couple more used. Now I'm picking up like 7 more! Amazon, you're making me broke.

I'm debating about if I should grab "Old Country For Old Men" during this sale or if there might be an better sale coming up in the next few months. $19.95 seems good for it but.... why do I get the feeling that it might go cheaper before Christmas? Thoughts?

Picked up Heart Alive in Seattle, Led Zep Song Remains the Same and Before the Devil Knows.

I highly recommend the Signal if no one has seen it. Good Horror Film with some nice laughs.

It's an interesting prise :p

image2.jpg

[quote name='Demolition Man']I'm debating about if I should grab "Old Country For Old Men" during this sale or if there might be an better sale coming up in the next few months. $19.95 seems good for it but.... why do I get the feeling that it might go cheaper before Christmas? Thoughts?[/quote]

Did you like that movie?

bread's done
Back