Another "Blame it on the games" Commercial

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I really love this type of thing. This commercial played alongside some content on CNN.com.

I'm sorry, but if your kid is impressionable enough to smoke dope because a game character does...you've got bigger problems to address.

Apologies in advance if this is a repost, but I couldn't find anything about it in a search.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sjX_tZUXWM[/MEDIA]

Shit, are there THAT many games with "teh narcoticz?" Aside from Narc, of course, which was violently ... well, violent, but anti-drug. I think it's more likely that childhood obesity is caused by kids trying to regain health from eating a turkey leg they found laying in the street.

Wow. Ive played so many video games for the longest time and I have never done a single drug ever. Weird.

The sad thing is I know more people who have started smoking pot because of all the funny drug commercials out there. This is your brain on drugs commercial with the eggs, and the piss funny one where the stoners run the girl riding her bike over. Haha. Great stuff.

[quote name='musha666']Wow. Ive played so many video games for the longest time and I have never done a single drug ever. Weird.

The sad thing is I know more people who have started smoking pot because of all the funny drug commercials out there. This is your brain on drugs commercial with the eggs, and the piss funny one where the stoners run the girl riding her bike over. Haha. Great stuff.[/quote]

Ah, Oh man I forgot about the bike one! Yes, I need to watch that one again!

Best drug commercials were the "I want to be a Ballerina" way back in the early 90s? That creeped the hell out of me.

Imagine if this commercial blamed it on rap music instead of videogames.. that'd get ugly, REAL fast.

[quote name='Supercake']Ah, Oh man I forgot about the bike one! Yes, I need to watch that one again!

Best drug commercials were the "I want to be a Ballerina" way back in the early 90s? That creeped the hell out of me.[/QUOTE]

"No one ever says 'I wanna be a junkie when I grow up'." :lol:

[quote name='Scrubking']If this lady is having a conversation with a videogame who is really the one on drugs?[/QUOTE]

get em.

Sorry, but from my experience people who play video games are usually the ones that don't do drugs, it's more often than not the athletic "normal" kids.

Seriously how many of us gamers actually do drugs? I don't and neither do all my gamer friends.

I do hear a lot of potheads though on Xbox Live hahaha but that is not too often and they could be acting like they're high when they're really not.

[quote name='jer7583']Imagine if this commercial blamed it on rap music instead of videogames.. that'd get ugly, REAL fast.[/QUOTE]

Please. There's no lack of criticizing rap for the complete downfall of society in our current culture.

As for the commercial, it's further evidence, to me, that the partnership for a drug-free america does not spend enough money on its marketers. They consistently come up with the most hackneyed shit imaginable. In all my years of watching anti-drug PSAs (the earliest I remember was the egg-cookin' "This is your brain on drugs" commercial), the only one I thought had any weight to it at all was the recent cartoon with with dog whose owner was too high to walk him (and even that one was pretty campy).

I can't help but picture the marketing team for the Partnership (your tax dollars at work!), lookin' like it's a gramma convention in there. Nothing like spending oodles of money putting out PSAs made by the most out-of-touch people imaginable.

[quote name='argyle']"No one ever says 'I wanna be a junkie when I grow up'." :lol:[/quote]
one of my friends in grade four's aspiration was to become a bum. And we are now in grade 11 and he seems well on his way. Video games did get started on drugs though in a way. I bet you'll never guess which game though :roll:

bread's done
Back