30xamhy.jpg

rk0aq8.jpg

short footage:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2008fall/mov/wii.html?n10
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1_9eqUNtg
Developer:
CING
Genre: Adventure

The main character looks a little older now. The graphics this time around appear to be restricted 3D, although it's hard to tell exactly at this point.

Let's hope this game is the game where CING truly nails the adventure genre once and for all!

Last edited by a moderator:
rk0aq8.jpg

Theres a new screen.

I'm really excited about this game. Some people who have played the game a lot across the internet seem to be saying it looks like a sequal. Good news if that s true.

I never played the DS game(s)? Was there 1 or 2 of them on the DS? :lol:
My BF did, I think he enjoyed it, though.

We'll see.

One game. Trace Memory. short but a really good adventure game. She looks a lot older in this one so i'm curious some of the stuff they are going to do. More talking to spirits?

[quote name='DQT']I feel like Cing is making the sequel to the wrong adventure game.[/quote]

Who's to say they aren't putting some of Hotel Dusk's influence into this one, or making it a better game altogether? I don't think Another Code was bad as a concept, so maybe this one will nail the formula.

So glad this is Wii, and not the DS....DS is great, but Wii needs some adventuring action too!

[quote name='UjnHunter']could have technically been 2 games... Hotel Dusk is made by same team, and based in same world... check it out. ;)[/quote]
I don't think Hotel Dusk is based in the same world as Trace Memory, the two worlds seem very different.

[quote name='leveskikesko']Who's to say they aren't putting some of Hotel Dusk's influence into this one, or making it a better game altogether? I don't think Another Code was bad as a concept, so maybe this one will nail the formula.
[/quote]
That's what I'm hoping, Cing should be able to fix the mistakes with the first Trace Memory after Hotel Dusk.

Trace Memory & Hotel Dusk seem to be in different worlds, but there was a throwaway line in Hotel Dusk that connected the two. I can't remember exactly what it was, but someone in HD was related to the Captain from TM in some way.

Anyway, while I would've preferred a Hotel Dusk sequal, Trace Memory was a good game too, just a little short and too linear. Hotel Dusk already showed that Cing has gotten better, so this should be really good.

[quote name='leveskikesko']Who's to say they aren't putting some of Hotel Dusk's influence into this one, or making it a better game altogether? I don't think Another Code was bad as a concept, so maybe this one will nail the formula.

So glad this is Wii, and not the DS....DS is great, but Wii needs some adventuring action too![/quote]

I'm just complaining for complaining's sake. This game looks good and will hopefully be a showcase for Wii interactivity. These guys are clever. They really need to send out memos to every other developers: human females look and dress like this. Especially the underaged ones (Namco I'm looking at you).

- takes place two years after first Trace Memory title
- Ashley Robbins is the main character

The rest of this has a bunch of spoilers for the first game so I’ve put them in the spoiler tag.

- Ashley believed her parents to do dead, but found out that her father was still alive, and she was reunited with him
- Ashley has been invited to Juliet Lake, a campground near her father’s research lab
- this campground brings back memories of Ashley’s mother, who was killed during a robbery. Ashley’s mom was a scientist researching the human brain and memories
- explore Juliet Lake to find out what happened to your mother
- point-and-click like the original
- camers, water-testing kids, and other items to solve puzzles
- the locals will help you out, such as Dan Maxwell (this man helps you when your backpack is stolen), Tommy Harrison (works at the lake’s guest house, and is a bit creepy)
- due out Jan. 22nd 2009 in Japan
Source

I'll definitely buy this. Is there DS interaction? (I saw the DS as a menu icon.)

Also, I hope this means a Wii Hotel Dusk is in the pipeline...

[quote name='soonersfan60']I'll definitely buy this. Is there DS interaction? (I saw the DS as a menu icon.)

Also, I hope this means a Wii Hotel Dusk is in the pipeline...[/quote]
In the first Trace Memory she has a device that looks like a DS, I would assume that icon just lets you access that device.

I'm also hoping for a Wii Hotel Dusk game.

They had better release this one in North America(and then follow up with Hotel Dusk Wii please). I would assume Europe will get it first though, since they got the DS one and Hotel Dusk before we did.

First day sales in japan are ~6k. Another bomb to add to the bucket. I hope they release it translated in europe tho, wouldnt mind playing it.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Have release dates been announced yet (esp. for N.A.!) ?[/quote]
No release date yet for North America, but besides Wii Sports Resort Nintendo hasn't announced any games for the second half of the year.

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']So any news of this from E3? I'm hoping this will get a NA release, but with NOA who knows?[/QUOTE]

Someone asked Reggie about it and he gave the usual "we're still looking into it" answer. More specifically, he said that the floor space afforded this year is 2/3rd what they've gotten in the past, which forces them to make decisions on which games can/cannot be shown, and as such things fall by the wayside. He goes on to say that conferences later in the year would be better times to showcase these titles.

So really, no answer. The fact that there wasn't a montage of game videos this time around worries me to some degree, especially given NoA's questionable track record recently.

It was asked in an IGN interview:
IGN: We saw a bunch of games on your show floor that you didn't really highlight at your event. Titles like Line Attack Heroes. We didn't, however, see games like Trace Memory or Cosmic Walker. What's going on there?

Reggie: The interesting thing is that even though E3 is back into a larger footprint, this footprint here is about two thirds the size of our footprint in 2006. So that always forces us to make tough decisions about what we show. And even here today, I'm hearing that we have a line around our booth for Spirit Tracks for Zelda. We have more content than we're able to show in this type of space, which means that fall conferences that we hold here in Americas -- those take on more meaning to highlight some of the games that you mention.

IGN: So if a game isn't here, does that necessarily mean that it won't release this holiday?

Reggie: There are maybe some games that will still make it this year. A lot of it is how the final tuning in development goes. And again, anything like that we'll talk about in the fall.

bread's done
Back