Another help me remember the name of an old game thread

wageslave

CAGiversary!
Thread title says it all. :)

First game was out in mid 1990s. I believe it was for windows 3.1 and was on CD-Rom. It was a 2d side scroller like prince of persia. You were a guy that wore black and were a member of the Thieves Guild. The game took place in a city that was built in concentric levels and you could scale the walls to go between the levels. There was voice acting and one of the first missions was to find some old guys rat. I remembered it had a really good soundtrack, but the game play was very old school even for the time. I remember I had this game for a while and playing it, but I loaned it to a family member and never got it back.

The second game was also out in the Mid 1990s. It wasn't the Magic Carpet FPS game by Bullfrog, but I think it also featured a guy on a magic carpet that you controlled in a third person view. I think it was an Isometric 2.5d view kind of like Diablo and it probably had high system requirements for the time and my Pentium 60 may have choked on it. I never bought this game, but remembered thinking it looked pretty good and would like to remember the name to look it up and see if it is on GOG or something.

Thanks for any help :D

Did some Googling, and the best bet I can find for that first game there is Shadows Of Cairn.

Cover:
ShadowsofCairnfront.jpg

Would that be it?

I have 1 game I can't remember the name of but I remember playing in the 90s. Unfortunately, it's not very specific. I remember that it came out in the 90s, was an interactive learning game, and that at some point you're standing in the forest with different paths you can take to different activities. The most unique thing I can remember about it is that there was an ant in the middle of the paths in a marching band hat who, when you clicks him, yells "IIIIII LOVE A PARAAADE". Kind of weird, but unique.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Did some Googling, and the best bet I can find for that first game there is Shadows Of Cairn.

Cover:
ShadowsofCairnfront.jpg

Would that be it?

I have 1 game I can't remember the name of but I remember playing in the 90s. Unfortunately, it's not very specific. I remember that it came out in the 90s, was an interactive learning game, and that at some point you're standing in the forest with different paths you can take to different activities. The most unique thing I can remember about it is that there was an ant in the middle of the paths in a marching band hat who, when you clicks him, yells "IIIIII LOVE A PARAAADE". Kind of weird, but unique.[/QUOTE]

Shadows of Cairn was indeed the game I was thinking of. Thanks!

bread's done
Back