Another Indie Bundle - Little Big Bunch

Can anyone confirm which of these games activates on steam? I know Serious Sam does, but I'm guessing the others don't give steam keys from this bundle?

[quote name='sunghost']Can anyone confirm which of these games activates on steam? I know Serious Sam does, but I'm guessing the others don't give steam keys from this bundle?[/QUOTE]
I think that's the only one.

Nice set up, you can pay $0 or $1.50+, but nothing in between. Oooook....

[quote name='toldawg128']Nice set up, you can pay $0 or $1.50+, but nothing in between. Oooook....[/QUOTE]

ROTF You're right, it let's you enter $0.

I didn't try to go through checkout though (not even I am not a big enough bastard to do that) so perhaps it stops you at some point.

[quote name='The End']ROTF You're right, it let's you enter $0.

I didn't try to go through checkout though (not even I am not a big enough bastard to do that) so perhaps it stops you at some point.[/QUOTE]

Reading helps. The website says you can enter $0.0 if you want.

Quote from right under the money thing. "Please note there is a small deduction from your payment to cover our cost of processing your payment. THE MINIMUM YOU CAN PAY IS 1.50. THE MAXIMUM IS 1BN. OR YOU CAN PAY 0, BUT REMEMBER IT’S FOR CHARITY!"

[quote name='Kaltic']Reading helps. The website says you can enter $0.0 if you want.

Quote from right under the money thing. "Please note there is a small deduction from your payment to cover our cost of processing your payment. THE MINIMUM YOU CAN PAY IS 1.50. THE MAXIMUM IS 1BN. OR YOU CAN PAY 0, BUT REMEMBER IT’S FOR CHARITY!"[/QUOTE]

The wording contradicts itself though. It says the minimum you can pay is $1.50, yet also states you can pay $0 lol. The site seems to be getting hammered, I keep getting errors when trying to check out.. ugh.

I had trouble ordering from here awhile back (CC international order problem) so not going to do this bundle. Plus there is nothing I want. I would rather donate somewhere else.

[quote name='sunghost']The wording contradicts itself though. It says the minimum you can pay is $1.50.[/QUOTE]

If you aren't giving them any money, you aren't PAYING anything. This may be news to you, but accepting payments generally costs money, that is true if using credit cards or paypal. What the fine print is saying is if they have to use a payment service for a transaction that they will LOSE money by taking less than 1.50. Therefore, it is cheaper for them to give it to you for free since they won't lose money on the transaction.

[quote name='Link2999']Site is barely loading. Wonder if it's been posted on SDs...[/QUOTE]

I just ordered and after checking out of PayPal I got an error message telling me to contact support, but the payment has already been processed. I sent them an email and am waiting for a reply.

I'd recommend you guys waiting until the site becomes stable.

[quote name='terb73']If you aren't giving them any money, you aren't PAYING anything. This may be news to you, but accepting payments generally costs money, that is true if using credit cards or paypal. What the fine print is saying is if they have to use a payment service for a transaction that they will LOSE money by taking less than 1.50. Therefore, it is cheaper for them to give it to you for free since they won't lose money on the transaction.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying, and yes I know it costs them money to accept payments.. but their wording is still confusing and I'm pretty sure they could've done a better job phrasing it. It states that the minimum you can pay is $1.50, and then afterwards that you can "pay" $0. Would've been better for them to state that you can get it for free, or donate a minimum of $1.50

I can't even get the site to load for me now, I guess they weren't expecting so much traffic.

dang lots of these bundles. just picked up the one with shank and supermeatboy yesterday. oh well, keep them coming.

[quote name='MSI Magus']So no one knows if these activate on steam then?[/QUOTE]

No one's confirmed it, but I think Serious Sam is the only game that activates on steam. I completed an order but I'm waiting for an email..

I bought one, kept clicking on the buy link. I just got 16 emails....they send a separate email for each game

I only wanted serious Sam. Ended up getting two of each some how. Probably from spam clicking the link.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I bought one, kept clicking on the buy link. I just got 16 emails....they send a separate email for each game[/QUOTE]

How long did it take you to receive your emails?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Serious Sam is really all I want, so let me know if it registers please.[/QUOTE]

It says it's steam works. I won't know until I get home from work. Buy one for nothing. If it works go buy another and pay them whatever you think is fair.

I got a reply from them saying they are looking into the issue and will send an email with the download information as soon as they can.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Serious Sam is really all I want, so let me know if it registers please.[/QUOTE]

You're supposed to get a steam key with it (all of the rest are just downloads and don't activate on steam) but uh.. they seem to have left the field where the key should be in my email blank, so I didn't receive a key for Serious Sam. All of the download links worked, but I didn't get the key for Serious Sam.

[quote name='sunghost']You're supposed to get a steam key with it (all of the rest are just downloads and don't activate on steam) but uh.. they seem to have left the field where the key should be in my email blank, so I didn't receive a key for Serious Sam. All of the download links worked, but I didn't get the key for Serious Sam.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the key is just blank :).... But yeah, that I was all I wanted from the bundle and of course it is the one thing that doesn't work.

I just realized that they also left the field for the Frozen Synapse multiplayer key blank too LOL. That one I don't really care about, because I got it from one of the humble bundles. They did however give me the key for New Star Soccer. This has got to be the sloppiest release of an Indie Bundle yet.

I suggest waiting before they fix this, I wouldn't pay anything for the bundle yet.

I emailed about the key issue and they said they are aware of it. Which isn't surprising considering it is happening to everyone.

Also, I agree this is the sloppiest release and delivery of an Indie Bundle. Separate emails for each game and confirmation email? Really?

Here's more info on the New Star Soccer 5 game. It seems the game is initially free-to-play but with limitations (of course). The premium version (which I assume is what is part of this pack) removes some of the limitations mentioned below.

Free-to-play
When you register for New Star Soccer 5 you will receive 5 free matches. After that you will be able to play up to 3 matches per day. If you would like to play unlimited matches you will need to purchase a premium account for $20.

Internet Connection
Players with a Free Account will need to be connected to the internet when they start a career and every time they play a match. Premium Account players will need to be connected to the internet when they start a new career and then at least once every 50 matches. This is so that your player is registered in the database and your stats can be viewed by all other players.

I'm not a huge sports fan but I think this game does look interesting. If I find out that the site sends out emails properly then maybe I'll bite. Otherwise this bundle is a bit of a bust for me.

Well, because I clicked on the button so many times (you know when the site was almost dead) by my third set of emails I finally got a Serious Sam with a code in it.

Frozen Synapse still doesn't but Serious did.

[quote name='Kaltic']Well, because I clicked on the button so many times (you know when the site was almost dead) by my third set of emails I finally got a Serious Sam with a code in it.

Frozen Synapse still doesn't but Serious did.[/QUOTE]

You must've gotten lucky, the same thing happened to me, except the third set still didn't have a key for Serious Sam.

Support just told me:

"There is a delay in emails being sent out at the moment due to a backlog, I did place through annother order for you manualy earlier today, so your emails should be on their way sometime soon.

Let us know if they dont come through."

Still, I haven't gotten any emails yet.

bread's done
Back