Another question about using a memory card with your gamertag

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok so I have gotten a memory card to keep my gamertag so I can use 2 different 360's. One is my main console so when I use the other console for XBLA games do I also need to include any game saves with it on the card or is that all stored online? For example with Trials, if I just have my GT on the memory card and login to the other 360 my stats and records not be there correct?
Thanks.

Yeah when the game asks you for the save device at the beginning get used to selecting the memory card. You can transfer most of your old save games from the HD to the memory card with the dashboard's memory manager.

You'll need to put your saves onto the memory card for most games.

To answer your question about Trials, if you didn't put the save on the memory card you won't be able to play any levels above the beginner level, and you'll be stuck with the slowest bike (since you're basically restarting the game). However, your best times are stored on their leaderboard server so those will still be there either way.

Hmm, so a memory card could be used to restart an Arcade game with your own gamertag? Could you then replacethe save on your HDD and thus start over on your HDD?

I ask because I'd read that arcade games couldn't be restarted due to your save data being on a server.

[quote name='crunchewy']Hmm, so a memory card could be used to restart an Arcade game with your own gamertag? Could you then replacethe save on your HDD and thus start over on your HDD?

I ask because I'd read that arcade games couldn't be restarted due to your save data being on a server.[/QUOTE]

If you are redownloading an XBLA title on a 2nd system, I think the 2nd system needs to be online and you logged into Live to play it as a Full game and not a trial.

Some Arcade games store info with the gamertag. Others use a separate save (like PoP).

I just have both of my consoles on the internet, and save all game save stuff and profile to the memory card. even 64 megs is generally enough (though, rockband's profiles are pretty large). Then DLC goes to the hdd, redownloaded on the 2nd system (which can then only be used by my profile when I'm logged in; some of it can be used by another profile if I log in as player 2-4).

though, if you are shopping, i'd recommend the 512 memory card, specifically for themes, gamerpics, gamesaves, and games like bioshock add up

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah if you go to a second machine, you have to "Redownload" the game onto the new machines HD. If it is already on there (as a trial), the download will only take a second. Then you can play the full game.

(It's how I play my roommates purchased games, put his mem card in my machine, start it up under his profile, and I log on as player 2. You can then start the game as a simgle player. It's initiated by whoever hits start or whatever, not who initiates the game)

bread's done
Back