Another SAT another bunch of yard sale scores

wubb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Third Saturday in a row I've gotten up early to make the yard sale rounds. Decent haul today.

SNES system (great shape) all hookups + 1 official controller + 1 3rd party controller + 2 old sports games which don't work
SNES system (great shape) all hookups + 1 official controller
Atari 5200 system (mint in original box!) all hookups + 2 official controllers. Unfortunately no games came with it and I have no games to test it with, but I'm looking out for one.
C+C Red Alert (PC) discs only
Tribes (PC) disc only
2 funky NES controllers - boxy with a joystick haven't looked very closely at them
NES light gun (orange)
Dr. Mario (NES) mint complete in box
American Gladiators (NES) mint complete in box
Tecmo Superbowl (NES) mint complete in box

All for $22. I wish I could find a nice NES/SNES/whatever system bundled with a few dozen games again (Got a 32X bundled with 34 games a month back) but not bad. I saw more systems than games at the sales yesterday.

Also picked up several non-gaming items that I had decided before heading out I wanted/needed so it was a very good day.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that my old NES, which I thought was near death, worked perfectly with the mint NES cartridges. That was a pleasant surprise.

Previous hauls:
8/28/04: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29497
9/25/04: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32012
10/3/04: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32823

[quote name='Trakan']Good finds. I guess getting up early pays off.[/quote]

Yeah first place I hit (at 7:50AM) is where I picked up one of the SNES systems + the Atari 5200 for $10. They hadn't taken the Atari out of the back of a jeep yet. I saw it sitting there and asked if I could grab it out of the back. :)

how do you know about the yard sales? are they printed somewhere, or do you just drive around neighborhoods? because i need to try them out some time.

I usually pick up a Friday paper and kind of note the ones that look promising to try to get to. But I mainly just drive through residential areas looking for signs. I think less than half of the people bother to take out an ad in the paper.

I'd like to know how to find flea markets in the area. Maybe there are none around me, but if anyone has a place to check for them I'd appreciate a heads up. I'm in the North VA area.

[quote name='FunkSoulBrother']Nice haul, I enjoy reading your topics. I wish I was as lucky as you, but here in Brooklyn, NY, I haven't found many yard sales.[/quote]

Do you guys even have yards? :)

[quote name='SadieDee'][quote name='FunkSoulBrother']Nice haul, I enjoy reading your topics. I wish I was as lucky as you, but here in Brooklyn, NY, I haven't found many yard sales.[/quote]

Do you guys even have yards? :)[/quote]

LOL, that's exactly the problem, it's hard to find yard sales when there are a lack of yards to begin with. :lol:

[quote name='FunkSoulBrother']Nice haul, I enjoy reading your topics. I wish I was as lucky as you, but here in Brooklyn, NY, I haven't found many yard sales.[/quote]

I have a semi-acquaitance that just moved to NYC and I was just talking with a friend that they won't be finding many yard sales up there :)

If you look at it from a money saved viewpoint it's probably not entirely worth my time going to yard sales (Have to get up early, etc.) but for me it's a big rush to find a game system or anything really that I want at a good price. Plus it's fun to talk with all of the people running the sales. And it's even fun to goof on the selection at the crappier yard sales (after we leave of course!)

Although the worst is when a sale has some sort of gameboy accesory (like a carrying case, stand, etc) but no gameboys or gameboy games for sale. I think due to Nintendo making all of the new GBs play all of the old GB games it keeps people from unloading them at their yard sales.

[quote name='wubb']I have a semi-acquaitance that just moved to NYC and I was just talking with a friend that they won't be finding many yard sales up there :)

If you look at it from a money saved viewpoint it's probably not entirely worth my time going to yard sales (Have to get up early, etc.) but for me it's a big rush to find a game system or anything really that I want at a good price. Plus it's fun to talk with all of the people running the sales. And it's even fun to goof on the selection at the crappier yard sales (after we leave of course!)

Although the worst is when a sale has some sort of gameboy accesory (like a carrying case, stand, etc) but no gameboys or gameboy games for sale. I think due to Nintendo making all of the new GBs play all of the old GB games it keeps people from unloading them at their yard sales.[/quote]

If I ever get the time and the zen to start checking out yard sales, I'm asking wubb for all his super-CAG moves on what to do. :D

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']say, you wouldnt be interested in trading one of those snes systems, would you? I could really use one for school.[/quote]

I'm probably just going to eBay off the extras so I would consider trading / selling one on here. But I don't see anything on your trade list that I'd want.

bread's done
Back