Another xbox 360 dashboard beta sign up and your in

I got the update today after signing up a few hours before. Just make sure you get a product key and redeem it on your xbox. If I'm not mistaken, then you'll get the update a few hours later in the day, if not the next day.

Not the biggest update. Wish they would just get rid of the tiles and have an option to hide the ads (at least for Gold members). I like bars better than tiles.

Wow, it took me less than 5 minutes to have my console registered with the update installed using the other link, thanks.

After you sign up for the beta on the Microsoft site, make sure you go to the "Product Keys" tab and request a code. Type in this code on the Dashboard or Xbox website and you are in.

[quote name='emwearz']Are you notified on your console or email?[/QUOTE]

Next time you turn on your console you'll have a console update.

It took me about 5 minutes after I signed up for the beta to get the update. Much quicker than I expected.

[quote name='chris00cm']Next time you turn on your console you'll have a console update.

It took me about 5 minutes after I signed up for the beta to get the update. Much quicker than I expected.[/QUOTE]

I ran the app through my xbox and am still waiting, thanks for the heads up though.

EDIT: Just as I typed this I went to play some ME3 and it popped up, thanks.

How long did you guys have to wait for the update to take place after running the app?

It's been about 45 minutes and still nothing.

[quote name='ral1121']How long did you guys have to wait for the update to take place after running the app?

It's been about 45 minutes and still nothing.[/QUOTE]

Hour and a half for me, try running a game, no idea if it makes a difference but it seemed to trip it off for me.

Download for it is taking a long time however.

Thanks for the link to being a Beta. Missed out last time.

Will see how this goes and depending on the changes coming, will I be Gold again by paying.

Thanks Brian

[quote name='Double O Slevin']I thought you could register up to x3 consoles? It only gave me one code.[/QUOTE]

Just go into your download history and download it again on a different console. Then launch the app and that console will also be registered.

[quote name='garrett007']Just go into your download history and download it again on a different console. Then launch the app and that console will also be registered.[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's what I was gonna try anyway. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='ral1121']I just turned on my console after registering 5 hours ago or so, and still no update process. Weird.[/QUOTE]

thats because Microsoft is still asleep, they are in Washington :cool:

This beta is starting to piss me off, I have 2 xboxes and every time I login on my account between the two I end up with 0 gamerscore, my avatar resets, and I can't connect to live. To fix this I have to recover my account every time! Anyone else have this issue? I have never had this problem before this update.

I still don't have the update :(

I have a feeling that the people that live close to Microsoft get the update early and for the people that don't live close to Microsoft have to wait 1 to 2 days.

[quote name='garrett007']This beta is starting to piss me off, I have 2 xboxes and every time I login on my account between the two I end up with 0 gamerscore, my avatar resets, and I can't connect to live. To fix this I have to recover my account every time! Anyone else have this issue? I have never had this problem before this update.[/QUOTE]

I'm having problems just connecting to live. I was able to update to the beta just fine before on wireless connection. Since after the update, every time I try to sign onto Live or test connection, my whole internet connection dies. Internet connection comes back on the instant the 360 stops trying to go on Live.

[quote name='BillyDavid']I still don't have the update :(

I have a feeling that the people that live close to Microsoft get the update early and for the people that don't live close to Microsoft have to wait 1 to 2 days.[/QUOTE]

Someone said above Microsoft "lives" in Washington? It took me 5 minutes to get my download and I live in Missouri.

Don't think that has anything to do with it. Be patient.

Alright this is pretty damn annoying. I can't connect to Xbox Live at all after the update. I tried both wired and wireless connection and neither worked. Then I inputted the DNS and IP address manually and still it doesn't work. Reset my router and modem and again the same outcome. All my other electronic devices work properly.

My internet dies just by turning on my 360. I have the slim model.

[quote name='MiraiLink']Alright this is pretty damn annoying. I can't connect to Xbox Live at all after the update. I tried both wired and wireless connection and neither worked. Then I inputted the DNS and IP address manually and still it doesn't work. Reset my router and modem and again the same outcome. All my other electronic devices work properly.

My internet dies just by turning on my 360. I have the slim model.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you contacted Microsoft.

[quote name='MiraiLink']Alright this is pretty damn annoying. I can't connect to Xbox Live at all after the update. I tried both wired and wireless connection and neither worked. Then I inputted the DNS and IP address manually and still it doesn't work. Reset my router and modem and again the same outcome. All my other electronic devices work properly.

My internet dies just by turning on my 360. I have the slim model.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you would think that this is a BETA or something...? LOL. Quit complaining and contact Microsoft. You signed up for this...

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Wow, you would think that this is a BETA or something...? LOL. Quit complaining and contact Microsoft. You signed up for this...[/QUOTE]

This isn't the first beta I've signed up to and it was only my second post, so shut up and don't tell me to quit complaining because I'm hardly doing much of it. Previous updates worked without a hitch, so I'm just wondering why this is affecting my internet this time.

Anyway, I tried a wired connection again and was able to connect, although it dropped a few times initially. Wireless is still not working. As for contacting Microsoft, I've went and looked at official forums and looked for answers.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Wow, you would think that this is a BETA or something...? LOL. Quit complaining and contact Microsoft. You signed up for this...[/QUOTE]

Like Microsoft can do anything about his Internet problem's

[quote name='MiraiLink']This isn't the first beta I've signed up to and it was only my second post, so shut up and don't tell me to quit complaining because I'm hardly doing much of it. Previous updates worked without a hitch, so I'm just wondering why this is affecting my internet this time.

Anyway, I tried a wired connection again and was able to connect, although it dropped a few times initially. Wireless is still not working. As for contacting Microsoft, I've went and looked at official forums and looked for answers.[/QUOTE]
Ummm post on beta forum..... Why they are there if nobody tells them how do they fix it...

I can't post in the beta forum because I haven't been given permission to access it yet. It doesn't matter, I'm just going to hold off on using my 360 for a while.

[quote name='MiraiLink']I'm having problems just connecting to live. I was able to update to the beta just fine before on wireless connection. Since after the update, every time I try to sign onto Live or test connection, my whole internet connection dies. Internet connection comes back on the instant the 360 stops trying to go on Live.[/QUOTE]

I'm no expert, but if your whole internet is crapping out when the 360 goes up, I wonder if the 360 is spamming Qos and killing your WAP. Set your 360 to a static IP, and then open the needed ports manually with port forwarding (or just DMZ your 360's IP, because it's not like a hackker can do anything with an xbox) on your router, turn OFF Qos on your router and see if it gives any better results.
I'd blame your WAP before the xbox if everything goes down, and the wired connection works fine... if you've got access to a different (newer) WAP/router, try using that one instead and see if the issue replicates... your WAP/router might just be getting old.

IE app was real nice, first impressions. didnt get videos to load though. ustream, youtube... nothing. twitter is awesome though, since you can now see you pics/links. app seemed pointless.

bread's done
Back