Anti-Obama Ad So Bad Even FOX Refuses to Air It

mykevermin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (97%)
Weird. Why does everybody think that presidential nominees always have some secret hidden past with an agenda to destroy the country?

Just vote for the one whose policies and stated ideology you agree with the most. Jesus.

[quote name='SpazX']Weird. Why does everybody think that presidential nominees always have some secret hidden past with an agenda to destroy the country?[/quote]

My friend prides himself on his intelligence and never misses a beat to flaunt it. But then again he also says the Country is run by the Illuminati and in the end it doesn't matter who we elect as they pull the strings.

*sigh*

This video does bring up some interesting points. Such as who is funding this group and why are they still getting money.

:roll:

[quote name='Magehart']My friend prides himself on his intelligence and never misses a beat to flaunt it. But then again he also says the Country is run by the Illuminati and in the end it doesn't matter who we elect as they pull the strings.

[/QUOTE]

so you know level1 in real life?

Page 12 of the "research":

gentleman named William Ayers. He was part of the Weather Underground in the 1970s. They bombed the Pentagon, the Capitol, and other buildings. He's never apologized for that.
And, in fact, on 9/11, he was quoted in the New York Times saying, "I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough." An early organizing meeting for your State Senate campaign was held at his house and your campaign has said you are "friendly."
Can you explain that relationship for the voters and explain to Democrats why it won't be a problem?
OBAMA: George, but this is an example of what I'm talking about. This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who's a professor of English in Chicago who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.
And the notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values doesn't make much sense, George.
The fact is that I'm also friendly with Tom Coburn, one of the most conservative Republicans in the United States Senate, who, during his campaign, once said that it might be appropriate to apply the death penalty to those who carried out abortions.
Do I need to apologize for Mr. Coburn's statements? Because I certainly don't agree with those, either.
So this kind of game in which anybody who I know, regardless of how flimsy the relationship is, that somehow their ideas could be attributed to me, I think the American people are smarter than that. They're not going to suggest somehow that that is reflective of my views, because it obviously isn't.

Case closed, as far as I care.

[quote name='Magehart']Such as who is funding this group and why are they still getting money[/QUOTE]

The second half is easy: because the wealthiest of the wealthy (i.e., households making 200,000 per year and up, or about .6% of the population) are scared that the Bush tax cuts will come back on them.

Which they will if Obama is re-elected.

Unlike McCain's "$5 million plus means rich" club.

As for the first part, you won't find out. They're filed as a 501c4, which will be this election's 527 group (Swift Boat Assholes and the like). The big difference is no obligation to name contributors. So you can see that Exxon executives won't be names for contributing to this filth, even if you know that's who is donating to this bullshit group.

[quote name='mykevermin']

They stand for the things we've gotten under Bush and the Republicans. :lol:

Small government

Secure borders

Robust economy

Vote against Obama! Vote for another Republican! They'll fix these problems in ways that only Republicans can!

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes, we get it, Republicans lie about intentions to "fix" those issues. So I guess your argument for people that care about those things is that they would be better off voting for those that are honest about not caring about them rather than those that lie that they do?

Edit: As a side note, what exactly does it mean that FoxNews wouldn't air this ad but CNN did 5 times in 90 minutes? Are we going to have to re-evaluate the "hidden agendas" of all our news agencies yet again?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thrustbucket']Yes, we get it, Republicans lie about intentions to "fix" those issues. So I guess your argument for people that care about those things is that they would be better off voting for those that are honest about not caring about them rather than those that lie that they do?[/quote]

not again...

[quote name='thrustbucket']Yes, we get it, Republicans lie about intentions to "fix" those issues. So I guess your argument for people that care about those things is that they would be better off voting for those that are honest about not caring about them rather than those that lie that they do?

Edit: As a side note, what exactly does it mean that FoxNews wouldn't air this ad but CNN did 5 times in 90 minutes? Are we going to have to re-evaluate the "hidden agendas" of all our news agencies yet again?[/QUOTE]

FOX refused to air the ad. They have shown it during programs as a topic of discussion, though. ;)

CNN has (and does?) air it.

That's what I'm saying is all. It doesn't change how I feel about FOX other than to think that, rather than having NO scruples whatsoever, they have tiny and irregularly-applied scruples. And while I prefer CNN over any other news network, they certainly aren't perfect. Take that Archie-Bunker-racist-O'Reilly-wannabe motherfucker Lou Dobbs for example. And the feature Bill Bennett as a frequent analyst.

But I do like much of CNN's programming overall. Just not all of it or everything about it.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/08/22/1283472.aspx

Though I've seen it on CNN no fewer than five times in the past 90 minutes.

And here's the website/group associated with it: http://www.americanissuesproject.org/about-aip.html

They stand for the things we've gotten under Bush and the Republicans. :lol:

Small government

Secure borders

Robust economy

Vote against Obama! Vote for another Republican! They'll fix these problems in ways that only Republicans can!

:lol:[/quote]

Okay last time I checked Bush hasn't accomplished ANY of those things.
1. The government controls many things that you and I don't know about and if it is getting smaller that's because a lot of its former power has been given to the massive fucking American Capitalistic corporations
2. There are still illegal aliens crossing the border in huge numbers
3. And I don't know what world you're living in but, our economy is at its lowest point at this moment with tens of thousands of people getting kicked out of their homes.
4. Political Parties mean nothing!

[quote name='s1lent pwner']Okay last time I checked Bush hasn't accomplished ANY of those things.
1. The government controls many things that you and I don't know about and if it is getting smaller that's because a lot of its former power has been given to the massive fucking American Capitalistic corporations
2. There are still illegal aliens crossing the border in huge numbers
3. And I don't know what world you're living in but, our economy is at its lowest point at this moment with tens of thousands of people getting kicked out of their homes.
4. Political Parties mean nothing![/quote]
It's hard for a president to accomplish anything with a piece of shit congress.

"He and two other Texans, Houston homebuilder Bob Perry and Dallas oilman T. Boone Pickens, were primary backers in 2004 of Swift Boat Veterans, which challenged Mr. Kerry’s military service. Many of the group’s charges were subsequently discredited, but its ad campaign proved politically devastating."

Remember that next the next time you see that T. Boone Pickens ad on TV.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Good thing that we're the kind of country that doesn't allow the wealthy to wield power in ways that the average person can not. Right? Right?[/QUOTE]

It's got to be better than living in a country where everyone is economically equal, i.e., a ward of the state, and who's only success at government influence is speed bump in the path of a tank.

bread's done
Back