Any 3DS pre-order deals out there ?

imad

CAGiversary!
Hi,

Looking to get a 3DS console and wondering if you know any sweet pre-order deals.

Is there any store that takes a PSP console for trade-in towards the 3DS ?

thanks

Currently Best Buy's 1600 Reward Zone points ($20 back) is probably the best. Futureshop has some 3DS starter kit.

I think you'll get like $20 TIV for your PSP at GameStop.

[quote name='Mr.']Currently Best Buy's 1600 Reward Zone points ($20 back) is probably the best. Futureshop has some 3DS starter kit.

I think you'll get like $20 TIV for your PSP at GameStop.[/QUOTE]
isn't FutureShop 3DS starter kit worth $20 ?

That's what they list the price as, but I don't know anything about the quality of the kit. Is it worth $20 or would you prefer to spend your $20 on something else?

I pre-ordered my console instore at EB as I have been burned with pre-ordering consoles online in the past and if you pre-order with BB online then you can't collect the console and they quote 5 days for delivery after launch date.

Some deals for game titles would be greatly appreciated though as I don't really like the idea of spending $40 per game plus tax for this thing.

I did the EB trade 5 for $125 credit. As long as the games have a minimum $8 TIV, it's valid for the trade. I was able to use some of the new Greatest Hits that I picked up from the 2/$40 sale:
Mafia 2 (BB, not sure if FS had it on special)
Heavy Rain
Modnation Racers
Little Big Planet GOTY edition

My last game was NBA 2K10. All were min. $8 TIV and boosted to get $125 credit for 3DS. I think the deal is still good until the end of the month.

My EB let me pay off in full my 3DS with +8TIV games. They even allow me to trade 1 game at a time with +8TIV for $25. I don't know if this was a ymmv or if it just auto-promo. Worth a try perhaps?

[quote name='Faytz']Wow the 3d launched and here comes the claims it's sold out everywhere.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/search/vgm?query=3ds&catAbb=vgm&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=

Anyone know if it's actually all sold out?

Edit: Never mind, able to find it on amazon, eb games, seems like there's still stock in many places... Why do people think they can get away lying about being no stock available?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had read on a gaming blog it was sold out in Canada. Futureshop and Best Buy were even named. I checked a few out today...lots of stock.

[quote name='Robotron2084']Yeah I had read on a gaming blog it was sold out in Canada. Futureshop and Best Buy were even named. I checked a few out today...lots of stock.[/QUOTE]
:applause: glad to learn that I made the right decision to not buy a second 3DS for eBay

[quote name='Robotron2084']Yeah I had read on a gaming blog it was sold out in Canada. Futureshop and Best Buy were even named. I checked a few out today...lots of stock.[/QUOTE]

I did a search on best buy and future shop and both are still available onlines and in stores >_> those craigslist sellers must be crazy thinking someone will pay them 350 for it when there's still so much stock on the market.

[quote name='Faytz']I did a search on best buy and future shop and both are still available onlines and in stores >_> those craigslist sellers must be crazy thinking someone will pay them 350 for it when there's still so much stock on the market.[/QUOTE]

True dat. Even if it WAS sold out everywhere, usually people would only drop that kind of coin if it was for Christmas.

However, being March, I don't think a ton of parents will be running out to find their child a 3DS for... er... April fools day?!?

Basically, even if they sell out of the launch units, it won't be long before there are more available.

However, I was in Walmart yesterday and their display shelf was full of them.

I was in Walmart late last night there was a full display of 3DS. It'll take a few price drops for parents to start buying them for kids. Many parents have 2 kids and dropping $500 on two of these then another $80 on two games is way to high.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']True dat. Even if it WAS sold out everywhere, usually people would only drop that kind of coin if it was for Christmas.

However, being March, I don't think a ton of parents will be running out to find their child a 3DS for... er... April fools day?!?

Basically, even if they sell out of the launch units, it won't be long before there are more available.

However, I was in Walmart yesterday and their display shelf was full of them.[/QUOTE]
I kind of doubt they will sell out of their launch units. When I was in Best Buy earlier today I saw at least 15 3DS'. I know it varies by area but it doesn't seem like a hot seller right now. It definitely will be come holiday times. At least then we will have some bigger hitters out.

Crap, I hope they still do have stock because they lost my 3DS in the mail and I'm thinking of buying another one to last me and then return the lost one later.

At Best Buy in Leaside East York Toronto they had blue ones, they had some black too. He told me they sold more of the black ones. I couldn't see because they didn't have any on shelves, just empty boxes. The only real ones were in a back room. I had to exchange the first one cause it had the floppy hinge issue, they were resistant about it but luckily the display model had a really tight hinge so they finally exchanged it for one that's pretty good.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']At Best Buy in Leaside East York Toronto they had blue ones, they had some black too. He told me they sold more of the black ones. I couldn't see because they didn't have any on shelves, just empty boxes. The only real ones were in a back room. I had to exchange the first one cause it had the floppy hinge issue, they were resistant about it but luckily the display model had a really tight hinge so they finally exchanged it for one that's pretty good.[/QUOTE]

So did you end up buying another 3DS or did yours arrive in the mail finally?

Maybe I wasn't entirely clear in my story above, I went to that Leaside location, bought a new 3DS, it had the floppy hinge so I exchanged it for a good one. The online-ordered one is still MIA. If it doesn't show up on it's own I'm going to have to contact Best Buy after 5 days and have them start an investigation with Canada Post. CP tracking info has not changed, still says it was delivered in Scarborough at 10am Monday.

bread's done
Back