Any alternatives for AC adapter for Atari Lynx Model 2

countrygamer

CAG Veteran
As title states. Was trying to find official one but unfortunately can't so just figured I'd ask on here as I recently got in from ordering. Any help greatly appreciated : )

[quote name='countrygamer']As title states. Was trying to find official one but unfortunately can't so just figured I'd ask on here as I recently got in from ordering. Any help greatly appreciated : )[/QUOTE]

I have never owned a lynx, but usually when they have an AC adapter available, the specs are printed somewhere on the system (usually either imprinted in the plastic or on a sticker on the back). If you can find the specs you can bring it to a RadioShack and buy a universal adapter. they can also fit it for a tip in the store.

Good luck!

[quote name='M_Carp']I have never owned a lynx, but usually when they have an AC adapter available, the specs are printed somewhere on the system (usually either imprinted in the plastic or on a sticker on the back). If you can find the specs you can bring it to a RadioShack and buy a universal adapter. they can also fit it for a tip in the store.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

The label was ripped off.. Hence why im asking. Thanks though for the help

[quote name='countrygamer']The label was ripped off.. Hence why im asking. Thanks though for the help[/QUOTE]

alright sorry about that- I was just hoping for the easy/obvious solution :)

From what I can see online - it looks like 9V at 1A. You would still be guessing on tip polarity though.

[quote name='M_Carp']alright sorry about that- I was just hoping for the easy/obvious solution :)

From what I can see online - it looks like 9V at 1A. You would still be guessing on tip polarity though.[/QUOTE]

It's not a problem and honestly,any help is better then none at all : ) Ty though for the helpful information

I got a "fat" lynx (not sure but i think that's the 1st version) that I bought used long ago, and I've only ever used a universal adapter.

[quote name='countrygamer']The label was ripped off.. Hence why im asking. Thanks though for the help[/QUOTE]

The label on the back of the lynx 2 is just the serial number (atleast on both of the ones i have). The power specs are imbedded into the plastic on the back on the unit on the same side as the buttons. If you take the Lynx to Radio Shack, they can get you a universal unit that will fit and work with it.

Both of mine say -
ATARI PAG-0401 9V DC 3.0W (-)------C------(+)

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']The label on the back of the lynx 2 is just the serial number (atleast on both of the ones i have). The power specs are imbedded into the plastic on the back on the unit on the same side as the buttons. If you take the Lynx to Radio Shack, they can get you a universal unit that will fit and work with it.

Both of mine say -
ATARI PAG-0401 9V DC 3.0W (-)------C------(+)[/QUOTE]

Ty for the info and I will definitely go to radioshack when I get the chance : )

bread's done
Back